PDA

View Full Version : Northwestern State to Break World Record

TxSt02
October 9th, 2007, 10:38 AM
We'll see how things go this weekend...

http://www.nsudemons.com/story.asp?ID=3189

blackfordpu
October 9th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Well, at least they will win something Saturday. ;)

white rabbit
October 9th, 2007, 11:00 AM
burn.

mcneese
October 9th, 2007, 11:57 AM
the first 7500 fans there may be all that show!xbawlingx good luck to the Demons anyway!xsmiley_wix

appfan2008
October 9th, 2007, 12:12 PM
what a stupid world record to break... at least they are trying

Frosty The Snowbuff
October 9th, 2007, 01:11 PM
the first 7500 fans there may be all that show!xbawlingx good luck to the Demons anyway!xsmiley_wix

After the past 2 weeks....we'll be glad to get 7500 NEAR OUR CAMPUS...much less to the game.

I can't even talk my pops to make the hour long drive to the game xsmhx xsmhx

Sad...I know....

Oh well...I plan on going anyway...Gives me something to do before The Buffs play Cupcake U

Unless Stoker pisses me off again by putting in a QB with a broke wrist AFTER WE ARE DOWN 30-0!!!!!!!!!!!! xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx

WTF was the point Stoker?????

Frosty The Snowbuff
October 9th, 2007, 01:12 PM
what a stupid world record to break... at least they are trying

It's gotten to that point......

patssle
October 9th, 2007, 02:00 PM
What about yall giving up like 150 or 170 points in 3 games? That break any records?

Not smack, just curious.

Frosty The Snowbuff
October 9th, 2007, 02:07 PM
What about yall giving up like 150 or 170 points in 3 games? That break any records?

Not smack, just curious.

Believe it or not....No

I think it can easily be said that Prairie View or Savannah State holds that record somewhere down the line.

Ex: Prairie View had a stretch of 68+44+64 = 176 in 1995....Whereas we had a 75+58+42 = 175

If not...you could go back in the day and use the Cumberland State 222-0 debacle. That's hard to beat in 3 games.....Much Less 1 xlolx

Have to admit.....I was wondering that also...

blur2005
October 9th, 2007, 02:08 PM
This is on a whole 'nother level of sadness.

Frosty The Snowbuff
October 9th, 2007, 02:12 PM

Could have been worse....

Thank goodness Ole Miss is a few weeks down the line....

TexasTerror
October 9th, 2007, 02:18 PM
I sent the article over to my school's marketing folks. We'll see if they bite on the idea and can top it! ;)

TxState_GO_CATS!
October 9th, 2007, 04:45 PM
wow...this is random...

JohnStOnge
October 9th, 2007, 05:11 PM
I sent the article over to my school's marketing folks. We'll see if they bite on the idea and can top it! ;)

Oh c'mon! Let'em have this!

I think there's something to be said for them coming up with something like this when they're having such a nightmarish year.

I never saw more of a "Murhpy's Law" game for one team than I saw for Northwestern State last week. I will never again complain about how snakebit a team I'm pulling for is.

AlphaSigMD
October 9th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Wow.

And I thought I lost respect for this team when they refused to honor their contract with ASU a few years ago.....xlolx

Dallas Demon
October 9th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Wow.

And I thought I lost respect for this team when they refused to honor their contract with ASU a few years ago.....xlolx

We've been over this before, we got a money game and tried to reschedule with you the following year - just like you did with LSU the same or year after. It's what FCS schools do to get money for their program. Your AD refused to move the game back to a future year so we paid the cancellation fee that was in the contract. Enough said. BTW, UNI did the same thing to us but you don't see us complaining - these things happen.

Apparently the world record thing was in the works before the season actually started. Maybe it will get kids to the game, we'll see.

Concerning the Nicholls St. game, we lost all three QBs on the roster early in the first half. One of them played the second half but had to take every snap from the shotgun position in order to hand off the ball. I think this QB is done for the season, knee ligament damage. The others may be done for the season too. I'm not sure how we'll get through this upcoming game and the remaining ones unless a miracle recovery occurs. Maybe we'll change the offense.

Retro
October 9th, 2007, 09:14 PM
It's time for the demons to clean house... Stoker, Nagle's (both) and all and bring in someone who can get you guys back to being a contender. It's a good thing the Mcneese game is in Lake Charles this year, because your fans would likely be outnumbered if at turpin..

Tillou
October 9th, 2007, 10:00 PM
..............well I guess they need to try something different to gets some wins on the board.

SirApp
October 9th, 2007, 10:23 PM
Isn't Elon doing something like this, this weekend??

"Simon says" or something like that?

Eagle22
October 9th, 2007, 10:44 PM

It could be worse.

http://www.elonphoenix.com/news.aspx?sid=an&nid=4947

TxSt02
October 10th, 2007, 10:17 AM
they've had this planned long before the season started... just turned out to be a bad year...