PDA

View Full Version : 7500 tickets left for the Bison-Gopher game

AmsterBison
October 9th, 2007, 03:49 AM
Er, the title might be cryptic but "7500 tickets left for North Dakota State v the University of Minnesota" seemed a little wordy.

Source: http://minnesota.scout.com/2/688596.html

So far this year, the biggest crowd at a Gopher home game was for Ohio State (51611). I'm guessing NDSU draws at least 10,000 more than that.

Sorry for the bragging, but I am getting a little keyed up. I want to see NDSU end their longest active losing streak with a big old exclamation point. xprayx

th0m
October 9th, 2007, 03:58 AM
I'm surprised the Gophers have you on their schedule again, after last year's scare. Or was this game scheduled before last years game was played?

swaghook
October 9th, 2007, 04:44 AM
This game was scheduled before last years. Last years was a last minute fill in for the Gophers.

Gil Dobie
October 9th, 2007, 07:53 AM
I scored four for less than face, from a Gopher season ticket holder. xthumbsupx

spelunker64
October 9th, 2007, 08:00 AM
I will be there...

appfan2008
October 9th, 2007, 08:10 AM
I hope you guys can fill up the HHH

spelunker64
October 9th, 2007, 08:17 AM
Another Bison road/home game!

Griz0383
October 9th, 2007, 08:34 AM
I would love to go and party with the NDSU fans and watch a NDSU azzwhoopin. Is the game on TV?

BISON Thunder
October 9th, 2007, 08:39 AM
I will be there...

I will be at the dome with rest of my family, along with two UND grads and their family. I think it is great that these Sioux fans/friends are as excited as we are for the Bison/Gopher game. Win or lose, it will be another great experience!

BISON Thunder
October 9th, 2007, 08:40 AM
I would love to go and party with the NDSU fans and watch a NDSU azzwhoopin. Is the game on TV?

On the Big Ten Network...11:07 (CST) kickoff.

spelunker64
October 9th, 2007, 08:45 AM
"Green out" the humpty dome!

Go Bison
October 9th, 2007, 09:01 AM
Er, the title might be cryptic but "7500 tickets left for North Dakota State v the University of Minnesota" seemed a little wordy.

Source: http://minnesota.scout.com/2/688596.html

So far this year, the biggest crowd at a Gopher home game was for Ohio State (51611). I'm guessing NDSU draws at least 10,000 more than that.

Sorry for the bragging, but I am getting a little keyed up. I want to see NDSU end their longest active losing streak with a big old exclamation point. xprayx

The Forum today says there are 5,000 tickets left. With two weeks to go, it could still sell out.

brownbear
October 9th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Is Minnesota trying to sell out the entire dome, or do they put tarps over some of the seats like some teams do in NFL stadiums?

spelunker64
October 9th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Is Minnesota trying to sell out the entire dome, or do they put tarps over some of the seats like some teams do in NFL stadiums?

I beleive that all seats in the dome are available...

X-Factor
October 9th, 2007, 11:20 AM

It may be wise for them to do that just to limit the Bison fans. Last year was basically a home game for us and it will probably be more lopsided this year. I guess the other way to look at it is that UM will make quite a profit off of this game considering we only receive $300k with the dome seating about 65k.

brownbear
October 9th, 2007, 11:32 AM
It may be wise for them to do that just to limit the Bison fans. Last year was basically a home game for us and it will probably be more lopsided this year. I guess the other way to look at it is that UM will make quite a profit off of this game considering we only receive $300k with the dome seating about 65k.

I don't see how much they care about this game other than saying "Michigan may have beaten us by 50 points, but we're better than Michigan because we beat our I-AA opponent." They're going to be ineligible for bowl games before they even play that game, so their season's already lost. For them, they're just in it for the $$

gregatim
October 9th, 2007, 11:44 AM
Brownbear, you really think the coaches and players for the Gophres are just in that game for the money???? I can't imagine the players for the U could possibly care less about how much money the school will make of this game. The only thing will they will care about in my mind is winning that game and winning that game soundly! Despite their struggles this year, I'm sure that group still carries a lot of pride and will do everything they can to beat the snot out of NDSU.

DOME
October 9th, 2007, 12:22 PM
I hope you work em.
Living in Iowa I've grown to hate the big ten, especially Hawkeye fans.
Go Bison! (Until next year)

TigerFan17
October 9th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Am I misinformed to say that it seems a little over the top to say that this is "basically a home game" for NDSU? xconfusedx

I know you're excited...but...

xreadx

spelunker64
October 9th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Am I misinformed to say that it seems a little over the top to say that this is "basically a home game" for NDSU? xconfusedx

xreadx

There were about as many Bison fans as Gopher fans at the game last year, and with our better team and last years game result I wouldn't be surprised with the Bison having more fans this year.

BisBison
October 9th, 2007, 12:32 PM

xreadx

If you watched the game on TV last year, you wouldn't be asking this question. The Bison crowd was WAY louder than the gopher fans.

FargoBison
October 9th, 2007, 12:41 PM

xreadx

There will probably be 20,000 Bison fans there and I doubt there will be many more Gopher fans. It should be a fun atmsophere but not quite a home game, more like a neutral atmosphere.

spelunker64
October 9th, 2007, 12:42 PM
But the idea of having more fans at an away game than what we could even fit in the FFD is awesome...

TigerFan17
October 9th, 2007, 03:25 PM
Wow, thats pretty awesome. I wasn't trying to be an a$$, just didn't know if it was really true. I mean I know Minnesota is Minnesota, but they're still Big 10....thats awesome.

Seeing as their only win was over a MAC team in OT (and they lost to another MAC team in OT), I'd say you've got a pretty good shot.

xnodx