PDA

View Full Version : NEC Week 7

BobbyMo
October 8th, 2007, 11:44 PM
Sorry it took till now to get this out, been really busy (even missed the Steelers game xsmhx )

My picks are in bold, but since i have a couple minutes i thought i may add a little (key word little) insight to these games.

Robert Morris @ CCSU
RMU is looking like they may not win another game this year. According to poster RMUTV, we will have a new QB this week. I hope he can get it done, but this is a hell of a team to go up against for his first start. I think the NEC is going to come down to CCSU and Albany this year.

Wagner @ Monmouth
I do not know how I can say this without it sounding like horrible horrible smack, but other than Saint Francis, I think Wagner was the worst team the Colonials played this year. RMU played had just a putrid game, and lost. Wagner was the better team last Saturday, and that is not good news for the Colonials. The best game RMU played this year, and maybe in the last few years was the early game against Monmouth this year. I am very glad we do not have play them again. If Albany or CCSU slip, look for Monmouth to sneak in. xpeacex to my Wagner posters.

Duquesne @ Saint Francis
Saint Francis is well, Saint Francis. Duquesne is always solid and I personally can't wait till next week when the Colonials make a trip to the bluff. This one should be a blowout.

Sacred Heart @ Albany
Albany has played a tough OOC slate so far and are probably the best team in NEC. Again, this will probably be a blowout.

Seahawks Fan
October 9th, 2007, 08:27 AM
Robert Morris @ CCSU Doesn't look promising with QB change scheduled for RMU.

Wagner @ Monmouth Wagner's defense looks strong this year. Now if the offense could get going. I'll go with the upset.

Duquesne @ Saint Francis Blowout

Sacred Heart @ Albany Blowout

Calif_Colonial
October 9th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Robert Morris @ CCSU
RMU is looking like they may not win another game this year. According to poster RMUTV, we will have a new QB this week. I hope he can get it done, but this is a hell of a team to go up against for his first start. I think the NEC is going to come down to CCSU and Albany this year.

Wagner @ Monmouth
I do not know how I can say this without it sounding like horrible horrible smack, but other than Saint Francis, I think Wagner was the worst team the Colonials played this year. RMU played just a putrid game, and lost. Wagner was the better team last Saturday, and that is not good news for the Colonials. The best game RMU played this year, and maybe in the last few years was the early game against Monmouth this year. I am very glad we do not have play them again. If Albany or CCSU slip, look for Monmouth to sneak in. xpeacex to my Wagner posters.

Duquesne @ Saint Francis
Saint Francis is well, Saint Francis. Duquesne is always solid and I personally can't wait till next week when the Colonials make a trip to the bluff. This one should be a blowout.

Sacred Heart @ Albany
Albany has played a tough OOC slate so far and are probably the best team in NEC. Again, this will probably be a blowout.

Well I dropped a $Grand and went to my HS Homecoming and the VMI and Wagner games. 3 loses for my teams. I agree with BobbyMo, the Colonials probably will lose the next 3 games. I posted here after the first game that we didn't have the team to take the NEC in 2007. Ah, to have a mobile quarterback. xcoffeex

danefan
October 9th, 2007, 09:38 AM
Robert Morris @ CCSU
Wagner @ Monmouth
Duquesne @ Saint Francis xnonono2x
Sacred Heart @ Albany - homecoming for Albany...Disch is back this week. There is where a tough OOC schedule pays off. This game may get ugly.

Ruler 79
October 9th, 2007, 09:51 AM
UA

SHU always manages to play UA tough. I realize SHU is probably not as good as last year. Lets see if UA can avoid the "I'll play to the level of our competition" mindset. UA's offense looks pretty good these days and the D is always tough. If they avoid the lapse I like UA big.

CCSU
Monmouth
Duquesne

rmutv
October 10th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Albany vs. Sacred Heart - Danes need to make sure their D shows up, but that shouldn't be an issue.
CCSU vs. Robert Morris - Hopefully some changes on offense plus a new QB will get RMU up off the mat, but I'll wait to pick them until I see evidence.
Monmouth vs. Wagner - Hawks better be ready for a steady diet of Jason Butler
St Francis (PA) vs. Duquesne - Dukes should have a fun time and an easy game.
Iona @ New Hampshire - This will get ugly fast...
Marist vs. La Salle - And this one almost as fast...

aceinthehole
October 11th, 2007, 09:41 AM
Albany vs. Sacred Heart - SHU should put up a fight, but I look for the Danes to pull away in the second half.

CCSU vs. Robert Morris - New QB on the road for RMU. I don't think this one is close, as Blue Devils begin a legit run at the NEC title.

Monmouth vs. Wagner - Wagner D continues its strong play and the Seahawks pull off the upset.

St Francis (PA) vs. Duquesne - Dukes are ready for the NEC and the Red Flash are not.

andy7171
October 11th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Can anyone tell me why I like following the NEC and predicting the games each week? I have no link to any of the schools, but after reading the Towson write up Sunday morning, I check the NEC scores. WTF!?! I love you guys and I don't know why!

Robert Morris @ CCSU - Devils run wild and all day
Wagner @ Monmouth - Monmouth at home, a good close game
Duquesne @ Saint Francis - Even though the Dukes have feasted on lesser opponents, I don't see St. Francis recovering from the last two beatings in this one.
Sacred Heart @ Albany - an a$$ kicking in the making

danefan
October 11th, 2007, 10:20 AM
Can anyone tell me why I like following the NEC and predicting the games each week? I have no link to any of the schools, but after reading the Towson write up Sunday morning, I check the NEC scores. WTF!?! I love you guys and I don't know why!

Its fun to watch programs on the rise. Remember not so long ago when UA beat Towson on a last minute drive by a our back up back up back up QB. That's when Towson was in its transition stage and now Albany is in its.

aceinthehole
October 11th, 2007, 10:54 AM

Robert Morris @ CCSU - Devils run wild and all day
Wagner @ Monmouth - Monmouth at home, a good close game
Duquesne @ Saint Francis - Even though the Dukes have feasted on lesser opponents, I don't see St. Francis recovering from the last two beatings in this one.
Sacred Heart @ Albany - an a$$ kicking in the making

Andy thats great! I think guys like you and quite a few PL fans are close enough to the NEC programs to see the progress being made. It wasn't too long ago that teams like Towson and otehrs were in a silimlar position. I think we are also seeing more NEC teams play PL and CAA teams in non-conference action.

The NEC grew under the PL model of grant-in aid. We are now trying to compete and win against all I-AA programs and be part of the playoffs and FCS community. Its still a ways off, but its fun to follow something new. Half the NEC programs are basically start-ups (RMU, Monmouth, and SHU) and most of the others were D-III with some history (Wagner, Albany, SFPA).

This is anothjer reason why I think playoff expansion and the AQ is so improtant to the NEC. I think you all will see our recruiting and quality of play will continue to improve with this new opportunity. Its good for all of FCS.

PeacockRaider
October 13th, 2007, 09:35 AM
RM @ CCSU...Devils in a closer than expected game
Wagner @ Monmouth...tempted to go with wagner, but the Hawks are home.
Duquesne @ St Francis... I can't say it much more, but VIVA LA MAAC!
SH @ ALBANY...ALbany in a laugher

BobbyMo
October 14th, 2007, 11:46 AM
just wanted to say congrats to Wagner. Great win and i was REALLY WRONG about them. Someone pass me some salt, this crow is awful :)

NFLCB2
October 14th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Well monmouth is a terrible team this year I knew a few years back that their recruiting would come back to bite them in the butt

Seahawks Fan
October 15th, 2007, 07:50 AM
I thought Wagner had a legitimate shot at beating Monmouth on the road, but I didn't anticipate a 45-16 rout. The return to a running based offense and strong defense and kicking game has really improved the Seahawks. CCSU next week at home. That game will answer a lot of questions about how good we are.

Ruler 79
October 15th, 2007, 08:20 AM
Either way Seahawks fan just a GREAT turnaround from a bad team last season. Win lose or draw on Sat you guys will end up with a winning season. Granted Monmouth is off this year but who cares a win is a win!

I look forward to the UA-Wag game in 2 weeks.

aceinthehole
October 15th, 2007, 08:47 AM
Albany vs. Sacred Heart - SHU should put up a fight, but I look for the Danes to pull away in the second half.

CCSU vs. Robert Morris - New QB on the road for RMU. I don't think this one is close, as Blue Devils begin a legit run at the NEC title.

Monmouth vs. Wagner - Wagner D continues its strong play and the Seahawks pull off the upset.

St Francis (PA) vs. Duquesne - Dukes are ready for the NEC and the Red Flash are not.

I picked that game :) but not by that score.

Congrats Wagner!