PDA

View Full Version : RMU Linebackers

jcgamefan
October 8th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Robert Morris Linebackers are terrible and very slow to react. Was in area Saturday and stopped to see game against Wagner and was vey surprised at how bad LB's were. Middle linebacker does not read or react well in any situation be it run or pass.

rmutv
October 8th, 2007, 06:30 PM
Robert Morris Linebackers are terrible and very slow to react. Was in area Saturday and stopped to see game against Wagner and was vey surprised at how bad LB's were. Middle linebacker does not read or react well in any situation be it run or pass.

I think what you saw was a team worn down. The defense was on the field an eternity the week before against VMI, and they performed well in the first half against Wagner.

But after the offense stopped doing anything of note (basically after the first quarter), the defense suffered.

That's what happens when your defense is on the field 3/4 of the half.

DetroitFlyer
October 8th, 2007, 06:41 PM
Agreed. When I was there for the Dayton game, the RMU defense was excellent. The pass coverage was the best I have seen so far this season. I think RMU just had a bad day....

rmutv
October 8th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Agreed. When I was there for the Dayton game, the RMU defense was excellent. The pass coverage was the best I have seen so far this season. I think RMU just had a bad day....

Yeah, and your Flyers helped contribute to the exhaustion. The defense has been facing primarily option offenses, far more than they're used to, and that type of game has worn them down.

That plus the ineffectiveness of the offense has led to some tired bodies.

BobbyMo
October 8th, 2007, 10:11 PM
I am really shocked to hear this from jc. I thought our LBs were great, and I am with RMUTV and some of that must be attributed to exhaustion. Hell, they probably played 20 mins of the second half.

Detroit, thanks for the kind words.

jcgamefan
October 9th, 2007, 05:55 AM
This was my first game in person at RMU and I arrived midway through the first quarter. I just thought on a whole the lb's looked slow to react and MLB seemed to be totally confused at times.

Calif_Colonial
October 9th, 2007, 09:43 AM
This was my first game in person at RMU and I arrived midway through the first quarter. I just thought on a whole the lb's looked slow to react and MLB seemed to be totally confused at times.

I sat with two families of the Colonials and the Fathers and I kept shouting for the linebackers to shoot the gaps and attack the running backs instead of waiting for them to break the line of scrimmage. When they did they were able to stop them for short gains. We were out coached and out played on Saturday. I am sure that the teams, Defense, Offense, and Special are shaking their heads at each others peformance. I hope they can overcome the last 2 weeks and be a 'one' team again.