PDA

View Full Version : Missouri State Cody Kirby Gateway offense of da week

ShowMeBear2
October 8th, 2007, 05:35 PM
http://www.mvc-sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=39013&SPID=2899&DB_OEM_ID=7600&ATCLID=1258320

Mountain Panther
October 8th, 2007, 07:54 PM
He earned it!

MSUBear42
October 9th, 2007, 10:21 AM
Anyone know the record for POWs for a frosh?

Longnecker
October 9th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Anyone know the record for POWs for a frosh?

Kirby will look like a true freshman this coming weekend - guarrrrrranteee it!xlolx

MSUBear42
October 9th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Hahaha, we'll see.

douglasdmb
October 9th, 2007, 07:52 PM
Kirby will look like a true freshman this coming weekend - guarrrrrranteee it!xlolx

Ah, the ever-elusive trash-talking WIU fan. :)

All I know is that it's gonna be a pretty good game.xthumbsupx

skinny_uncle
October 9th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Defensive Player of the Week was a Saluki I see.

LB Chauncey Mixon, Southern Illinois
 So., 6-1, 215, Mobile (Ala.) Davidson
 Chauncey Mixon registered a career and game-high 14 tackles against No. 10 Youngstown State on Saturday. Mixon also recorded one sack and 2.5 tackles for loss. Mixon sacked QB Tom Zetts for a loss of five yards on the Penguins’ last possession. The key play forced YSU to take its final timeout with 27 seconds left. Mixon and the Saluki defense limited YSU to 17 points, the Penguins’ lowest point total in five games.

MSULB#47
October 10th, 2007, 11:45 AM
Defensive Player of the Week was a Saluki I see.

Means nothing....Kye Stewart was a non factor in our win over ISU

hype and stats does'nt get you wins....

Kirby gets it done...MSU ruuning backs....get's it done....MSU offensive line...gets it done...MSU defense...gets it done....

that simple

Go Beaarrrrrrrrs!!!!!!

MSUBear42
October 10th, 2007, 11:46 AM
47, have you seen the new bears site? www.mostbears.com, dont think i've seen you over there.

MSULB#47
October 10th, 2007, 12:13 PM
47, have you seen the new bears site? www.mostbears.com, dont think i've seen you over there.

Yep just found it! Seinfeld discovered me.....xlolx

Im keeping silent.....creating some 'Crow Recipes'.....xsmiley_wix

Awaiting the outcome of this weekends WIU vs MSU game....

MSUBear42
October 10th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Its a HUGE game, hope they come out fired up. Are they??

douglasdmb
October 10th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Means nothing....Kye Stewart was a non factor in our win over ISU

hype and stats does'nt get you wins....

Kirby gets it done...MSU ruuning backs....get's it done....MSU offensive line...gets it done...MSU defense...gets it done....

that simple

Go Beaarrrrrrrrs!!!!!!

Yikes...

Sure, all of our guys got it done in our wins, but what about our losses? We surely didn't "get it done" against YSU. Especially not our defense.

MSULB#47
October 10th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Yikes...

Sure, all of our guys got it done in our wins, but what about our losses? We surely didn't "get it done" against YSU. Especially not our defense.

Well I dont normally comment on PAST indiscretions as it relates to TEAM loses...but If you noticed, those 'gaps' and 'holes' relating to the YSU game were patched up.....

Lets move on towards the playoffs.....with a win over WIU...we are one step closer....xthumbsupx

Go Beaaaaaaaars!!!!!!xpeacex

MSUBear42
October 10th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Yeah, take away the 2nd quarter and the D was a LOT better against ISU.

JoeNeck90
October 13th, 2007, 08:06 PM
xcoffeex

Geeez, buddy. I guess if you talk out your a$$ enough, sometime you might be on. Cool it, now.

Missouri State head coach Terry Allen:

"For the first time (quarterback Cody Kirby) looked like a true freshman quarterback out there."

skinny_uncle
October 13th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Yep just found it! Seinfeld discovered me.....xlolx

Im keeping silent.....creating some 'Crow Recipes'.....xsmiley_wix

Awaiting the outcome of this weekends WIU vs MSU game....
For your sake, I hope they taste good.
xnodx

douglasdmb
October 13th, 2007, 09:03 PM
Missouri State head coach Terry Allen:

"For the first time (quarterback Cody Kirby) looked like a true freshman quarterback out there."

Well, there it is. WIU's defense is for real. I would say that they're offense is for real (Donaldson is obviously a stud), but I would say that MO State's defense is worse than WIU's offense is good.

WIU definitely has a shot at the playoffs with the games they have ahead. It should be interesting. xthumbsupx

Longnecker
October 14th, 2007, 05:31 AM
Well, there it is. WIU's defense is for real. I would say that they're offense is for real (Donaldson is obviously a stud), but I would say that MO State's defense is worse than WIU's offense is good.

WIU definitely has a shot at the playoffs with the games they have ahead. It should be interesting. xthumbsupx

Bear Fans: Please don't take me wrong - Kirby will be a good QB. What I said in an earlier post about being a "freshman" QB is typically true, they don't get rid of the ball quick enough. Kirby got sacked 3 times and took some real hits, with the last one knocking him out of the game. You can't go toe to toe with LBs for very long and expect to survive. Stokes's career long 52yd fg made the game appear closer than it really was. I was surprised that the Bear's D did not do a better job at stopping the run - our 2nd string RB had 100 yds and Mr. Donaldson had 314. I'm sure TA will make the needed adjustments and you all will have a much improved D for next week. Good luck the rest of the season.