PDA

View Full Version : ALBANY 008 OOC- Can this be true?

Dane96
October 8th, 2007, 12:26 PM
We were discussing aligning ourselves with the public-based research institutions in New England and the Mid-Atlantic regions on our board and this DOOZY CAME ABOUT:

2008- OOC

UMASS
UNH
DELAWARE
OPEN DATE (possible URI or FORDHAM)

...and the addition of an always touugh Duquense to the NEC mix.

If this is true...that is a ridiculous schedule...something I am not sure we are ready for with 30 rides.

You are talking 3 potential Top 15 teams...and two that are likely going to hover in the top 10.

Anyone else heard of this.

BTW, if true...this has to be the hardest limited scholly schedule EVER!

Lehigh Football Nation
October 8th, 2007, 12:27 PM
We were discussing aligning ourselves with the public-based research institutions in New England and the Mid-Atlantic regions on our board and this DOOZY CAME ABOUT:

2008- OOC

UMASS
UNH
DELAWARE

If this is true...that is a ridiculous schedule...something I am not sure we are ready for with 30 rides.

You are talking 3 potential Top 15 teams...and two that are likely going to hover in the top 10.

Fordham's pretty good, and UMass will be too, but who's the other Top 15 team? xlolx xlolx xlolx

UNHWildCats
October 8th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Fordham's pretty good, and UMass will be too, but who's the other Top 15 team? xlolx xlolx xlolx
xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

Pards Rule
October 8th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Hehe UNH! You guys get NO respect :)

GannonFan
October 8th, 2007, 12:36 PM
Delaware has Albany shown as an OOC next year on their schedule too, so it's probably a go (and it's in Newark again, of course). UD should have a top flight defense next year (return 10 starters), offense returns a lot but loses key people (Flacco and Cuff for instance). UD should be pretty good.

UNHWildCats
October 8th, 2007, 12:36 PM
we dont... the other 11 A-10/CAA teams im sure for the past year and a half have been thinking...dang it will be great when that there Santos and Ball are gone and this team is back to a cellar dwellar....

Then all of a sudden along comes Toman the Showman. This UNH team isnt gonna disappear with the graduation of Ricky Santos.

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 8th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Lets just settle down and get thru this season.

Dane96
October 8th, 2007, 12:44 PM
I think both UD and UMASS will be very close to Top 10 teams even with the offensive graduations. IF anyone worth there salt steps in at QB for UNH...they should also be a Top 15 team.

With Fordham improving mightly (and Masella up to this year having Albany's number), CCSU, Monmouth, and a near full scholarshiped Duquense, this is a ridiculous schedule...and that doesnt include the RMU engima (which squad will show).

Dane96
October 8th, 2007, 12:44 PM
Lets just settle down and get thru this season.

Sorry, didnt realize I wasnt able to ask about UA's schedule...nor give my thoughts that teams may or may not be strong.

Let's bow to the Yorkie.

UMass922
October 8th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Sorry, didnt realize I wasnt able to ask about UA's schedule...nor give my thoughts that teams may or may not be strong.

Let's bow to the Yorkie.

I think york was addressing UNHWildCats.

Anyway, that is indeed a doozy of a schedule. Good luck with it (except against UMass, of course).

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 8th, 2007, 12:51 PM

Let's bow to the Yorkie.

No that wasn't directed at you.

I guess I should have used quotes.

It was directed at the post directly above.

It tough to keep Travis focused on the task at hand sometimes!xsmiley_wix

BigApp
October 8th, 2007, 12:57 PM

2008- OOC

UMASS
UNH
DELAWARE

ATTN PFL' and NEC'ers (and Montana):

If you want people to take you seriously, this is the type of OOC schedule you need.

Way to step up Albany! xthumbsupx

UNHWildCats
October 8th, 2007, 12:59 PM

If you want people to take you seriously, this is the type of OOC schedule you need.

San Diego should hire their ad xlolx xlolx

JoltinJoe
October 8th, 2007, 01:03 PM
Last I heard there was probably going to be an hiatus in the Fordham/Albany series because the programs did not have mutual open dates remaining in '08.

Dane96
October 8th, 2007, 01:07 PM
That's sad...it was a nice rivalry. I know the Stony Brook-Albany game isn't exactly off totally because of FIORE...but the same thing...scheduling issues.

I hope, we schedule a winnable game. Even without URI or Fordham...that is beyond a playoff worthy schedule.

DETROIT FLYER-- Get your AD on this.

JoltinJoe
October 8th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Fordham offered October 4 for the '08 game but Albany has someone else scheduled for that date.

The problem arose because Fordham's schedule is tied to its PL obligations as well as a number of Ivy schedules and thus many dates are fixed years in advance, offering little scheduling flexibility. Two years ago, Fordham and Albany agreed to extend their series because the game had become one of interest to both schools but found that they didn't have open dates that coincided in 2008.

So hopefully it's just a hiccup but I'm not sure of the '09 status right now.

slostang
October 8th, 2007, 01:30 PM

I agree. Do well against this schedule and you will have a great shot at the playoffs.xthumbsupx

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 8th, 2007, 01:36 PM
I agree. Do well against this schedule and you will have a great shot at the playoffs.xthumbsupx

Do well in that schedule and no one will want to play you in the playoffs.
1 or perhaps 2 of that level team is plenty to beef up your OOC.
All three is borderline crazy.

Dane96
October 8th, 2007, 01:40 PM
YAH...I concur. I am bit disturbed by the schedule unless...Ford knows something we don't (e.g. October NEC meetings will see a vote to 45 rides).

It has been said (not sure it is true) that Albany has money earmarked or 45 rides. If the vote goes as we at Albany hope, the NEC will have that number.

Still...it won't help for next year's slate of games.

89Hen
October 8th, 2007, 01:42 PM
this DOOZY CAME ABOUT:

2008- OOC

UMASS
UNH
DELAWARE

If this is true...that is a ridiculous schedule...something I am not sure we are ready for with 30 rides....

Welcome to our world.... that should pretty much end the 'does SOS matter' debate. xsmiley_wix

rmutv
October 8th, 2007, 02:36 PM
..and that doesnt include the RMU engima (which squad will show).

Hah! There's going to be some significant changes next year. A huge chunk of the offensive line and receiving corps graduates at the end of this year.

Forget the turmoil this year. Next year's going to be very different in Moon Township.

Go...gate
October 8th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Does this mean the Colgate-Albany series will also be of short duration? Any changes in the games we have already scheduled down the line? That was looking like a good annual game.

BobbyMo
October 8th, 2007, 10:49 PM
Hah! There's going to be some significant changes next year. A huge chunk of the offensive line and receiving corps graduates at the end of this year.

Forget the turmoil this year. Next year's going to be very different in Moon Township.

I may be eating my words on this later, but the O-Line will be a strength next year for the Colonials. I am worried about the D.

Anyways back to Albany. That is a hell of a lineup. I wish you guys all the luck in the world. Looks like most if not all of the NEC is stepping up the OOC slate next year.

Also, the 45 rides next year would be great. The Dukes, maybe Bryant joining up, perhaps an autobid... NEC is going in the right direction. May take a little longer than we all had hoped for, but it sure is fun to be an NEC fan now xthumbsupx