PDA

View Full Version : Youngstown State v. Northeastern

FlyYtown
September 4th, 2005, 12:32 AM
I hope this is a good one and my Penguins pull it out because I got 50-60 people coming to the game. I saw NE gave GSU a great battle today but from what I heard from a GSU fan they are not the GSU Of old.

I think YSU needs a huge win point wise to get the fans back and try to go 3-0 into PIT Come week 4.

PREDICTION:
YSU- 31
NE-14

GO Penguins. And please inform me on NE.. I know they A-10 and had transfers galore to UMASS. Just don't know to much on them

mainejeff
September 4th, 2005, 01:20 AM
I'll say Youngstown 27 Northeastern 17.

Gonna be a huge job for the NU coaching staff to get the team up after the heartbreaking GSU loss at home.

Eagle22
September 4th, 2005, 03:46 AM
I'll say Youngstown 27 Northeastern 17.

Gonna be a huge job for the NU coaching staff to get the team up after the heartbreaking GSU loss at home.

"If you look right at it the only thing we didn't get was a notch in the win column,'' Orio said. ``We ran the ball. We threw the ball. We didn't turn the ball over. I mean, with the stats we had, but hey, that's what this game is about. We turn the page tonight and get ready for Youngstown State next week.'' - Anthony Orio

http://sports.bostonherald.com/college/view.bg?articleid=101002&format=&page=2

Sounds like something a 4 year starter would say. Also sounds like he's moved on. Bodes well for the NU program and their prospects this season.

I suspect sooner rather than later, that both NU and GSU will be improved defensively.

Husky Alum
September 4th, 2005, 07:00 AM
10 of NU's 22 starters yesterday were playing their first college football GAME yesterday, and 2 of NU's starters aren't even 18 yet, so we're a young team. Seeing how a young team responds to a loss like the one they had yesterday will say a ton about Coach Hager's abilities. MJ's right on point with this one.

Orio may only be a redshirt freshman but he's got icewater in his veins, and he's smart on and off the field (he's got a 3.9 GPA in some weird form of nanoscience or microbiology that NU specializes in). There was one play in the first half where GSU jumped off sides on defense, and Orio kept running the play while GSU stood around singing "Dixie". Result: touchdown Northeastern. Orio is a touch kid, both physically and mentally, and everyone at NU was quite impressed.

To correct the YSU fan, we don't have any transfers from Umass. We lost a couple when our coach went there, but we didn't get any.

I'll be in Youngstown with a bunch of NU alum, so we're looking forward to it.

FlyYtown
September 4th, 2005, 07:29 AM
Husky Alum I mean transfers from NE to UMASS.

ChickenMan
September 4th, 2005, 07:33 AM
N'eastern will be coming off a very tough loss in what had to be an emotional game for the Huskies. I expect that it will be very tough for that young NU squad to go on the road and get a win vs YSU next week.

Maroon&White
September 4th, 2005, 08:03 AM
There was one play in the first half where GSU jumped off sides on defense, and Orio kept running the play while GSU stood around singing "Dixie". Result: touchdown Northeastern. Orio is a touch kid, both physically and mentally, and everyone at NU was quite impressed.

That was a very nice play. Appears to be a set play NU has when they draw people off sides, as they did it again later on in the game but the GSU corner didn't fall asleep that time. Quick thinking center and QB you have there. The Maine transfer TE #88 looked very good to me. Strong player, very good blocker and made a nice catch over the middle for a big gain, so he appears to have some catching ability. Orio was the most impressive NU player for me though.

Tilldog40
September 4th, 2005, 08:40 AM
Its not even gonna be a close game. YSU loses by at least 2 TD's. Mark it down.

FlyYtown
September 4th, 2005, 08:48 AM

LOL. I am not even going to respond to this. When YSU Rolls don't go hiding away ok.... YSU Will win whether its by 3 points or 33 points..

and yes; mark it down...

ChickenMan
September 4th, 2005, 09:03 AM
LOL. I am not even going to respond to this. When YSU Rolls don't go hiding away ok.... YSU Will win whether its by 3 points or 33 points..

and yes; mark it down...

amazing what a big win over 'Slippery Rock' can do for the fans... :p

FlyYtown
September 4th, 2005, 09:09 AM
It has nothing to do who we beat; its a matter they play at YSU... they have one of the best teams in 5-6 years..

THEY ARE REALLY GOOD.. Nothing to do with Slippery Rock. But compared to last year they played a hell of a lot better. We got 2 great quarterbacks in Zetts and Penn State Transfer Gliata. We have 4-5 great backs with Reams and 5A ALL STATE Texas Back Jabari Scott and Kentucky transfer Mon. Gibson.

I predict we win 8 games and go 3-0 into PITT.

Tilldog40
September 4th, 2005, 09:14 AM
I predict NU runs the ball down your throat.

Husky Alum
September 4th, 2005, 09:42 AM
Yeah, if you guys play with 2 QBs and 4-5 RB's on the field, you should win. ;)

I love the Tilldog's optimism, but I am going to side a little bit with reality here and echo the Chicken Man's thoughts that it will be tough to go on the road to a place like YSU and win after the loss to GSU.

I'll be there with my laptop, so I'll post after the game.

Question for YSU fans.... where should we go to hang out before the game??

FlyYtown
September 4th, 2005, 10:18 AM
Well I'd love to give you some insight on where to go.. First off get to the campus and walk around a bit before tailgating.

1. If you don't feel like bothering anyone at a tailgate go downtown, 2 minutes away, and BW3'S Should be a good place to have a beer and eat and see some other games.. .If not there are plenty of tailgaters who ALWAYS open their tailgates to visitor fans. When I go I always meet fans from new teams.

Anyways here is the great ICE CASTLE.. The tailgate lots are adjacent to it.. So to the left at this traffic light in this pic..

http://www.downtownyoungstown.com/albums/newsandviews/DSCN1221.sized.jpg

Husky Alum
September 4th, 2005, 06:59 PM
Fly, much appreciated - where are YOU going to be tailgating is the question. ;) We'd be glad to reciprocate next year (or whenever YSU returns to Boston) at our tailgate at Parsons.

We were told that NU is going to have an area where there will be a tent with edibles and drinkables before the game, but in case that falls through, I'd love to hook up with some YSU fans before the game. I'll have a rental, so I can provide some "beverages" for the kitty.

GSUhooligan
September 4th, 2005, 07:07 PM
This may be the best YSU team in 5-6 years, but 2005 minus 6 doesn't equal 1997. NU comes hungry and rolls 35-24.

Paladin1aa
September 4th, 2005, 08:37 PM
I watched the second half of GSU-NE on the live video feed.

First, Orio ,for a RSF, is good. Second , your D shut GSU's triple option down pretty good. However , with your two 5'6 ,175-180 backs, you are in trouble. GSU had NO PASS D in the secondary. Thats not the case with YSU as 3 starters return. You also got a half seasons of breaks ( GSU had about 100yds in penalties and put the ball on the ground). Their little QB couldn't pass worth a tinkers d@mn. You got a 94 yd KOR for a TD. Lots of good things happened at HOME and yet you didn't win, even as lousy as GSU played.

If you line up in the shotgun and have no power game ( and you don't) , its going to be a long afternoon for you. The pass won't save you and neither will the option.You are much too young & inexperienced, but you are welcome to play the game.

YSU in a bad game will take you by a TD. But it could well be a blow-out of 38-10 area.

Welcome to Youngstown. Hit our tailgate lots. Major big party !! :p

JMU2004
September 4th, 2005, 08:43 PM

First, Orio ,for a RSF, is good. Second , your D shut GSU's triple option down pretty good. However , with your two 5'6 ,175-180 backs, you are in trouble. GSU had NO PASS D in the secondary. Thats not the case with YSU as 3 starters return. You also got a half seasons of breaks ( GSU had about 100yds in penalties and put the ball on the ground). Their little QB couldn't pass worth a tinkers d@mn. You got a 94 yd KOR for a TD. Lots of good things happened at HOME and yet you didn't win, even as lousy as GSU played.

If you line up in the shotgun and have no power game ( and you don't) , its going to be a long afternoon for you. The pass won't save you and neither will the option.You are much too young & inexperienced, but you are welcome to play the game.

YSU in a bad game will take you by a TD. But it could well be a blow-out of 38-10 area.

Welcome to Youngstown. Hit our tailgate lots. Major big party !! :p

uh???? hit the sauce a bit hard? YSU was mediocre last year in an average conference. NU played tight games in the top conference of 1-AA. They also just took the #6 team in the nation to OT.

NU by 10

Paladin1aa
September 4th, 2005, 08:46 PM
Thats why they play the games . Check the scoreboard Saturday. :D

youwouldno
September 4th, 2005, 08:47 PM
Though GSU fans overrate their secondary a bit... it's still damn good. I seriously doubt YSU has that kind of personnel. The problem for GSU was that they didn't pressure Orio enough. Can YSU do that? I have no idea, just correcting an above assertion before a GSU fans sees it and goes nuts.

Paladin1aa
September 4th, 2005, 08:53 PM
I agree. GSU had no pass rush on Orio. He could pick & choose his targets.

YSU added 4 DTs to go with two returning DE starters from last year ( A Juco Hawaiian & 320, a 300 lb from N.Y, a transfer from Vandy and a Juco from Chicago,300lb) .I like our chances. :D

JMU2004
September 4th, 2005, 09:31 PM
I agree. GSU had no pass rush on Orio. He could pick & choose his targets.

YSU added 4 DTs to go with two returning DE starters from last year ( A Juco Hawaiian & 320, a 300 lb from N.Y, a transfer from Vandy and a Juco from Chicago,300lb) .I like our chances. :D

I do not....NU is for real

FlyYtown
September 4th, 2005, 09:36 PM
YSU blows out Northeastern and I hope the respect this team deserves is given. After seeing Pitt yesterday I do think YSU Can stick with them for 3 quarters if not the whole game..

YSU by 3-4 TD'S.. and I read Paladin's post on this site and the YSU Site and that may be one of the most optimistic predictions I ever have seen him post.
I Tend to agree as well.

NE, Delaware..JMU...Wherever else you played don't compare with YSU..

http://www.ysusports.com/department/pictures/stadiumaerial.jpg

JMU2004
September 4th, 2005, 10:01 PM
YSU blows out Northeastern and I hope the respect this team deserves is given. After seeing Pitt yesterday I do think YSU Can stick with them for 3 quarters if not the whole game..

YSU by 3-4 TD'S.. and I read Paladin's post on this site and the YSU Site and that may be one of the most optimistic predictions I ever have seen him post.
I Tend to agree as well.

NE, Delaware..JMU...Wherever else you played don't compare with YSU..

http://www.ysusports.com/department/pictures/stadiumaerial.jpg

I'll leave this one to UD fans........easy fodder

FlyYtown
September 4th, 2005, 10:06 PM
Actully I was at Delware before but I do like YSU stadium much better and the atmosphere is tough at YSU.. its called the "ICE" CASTLE for a reason.... Our opponents offenses go stone cold..

YSU4
September 4th, 2005, 11:23 PM
YAH WE'LL HAVE A WIN OVER NORTHEASTERN BRING IT!

rcny46
September 4th, 2005, 11:34 PM

I agree.

SpiritCymbal
September 5th, 2005, 12:54 AM
I do not....NU is for real

I don't quite get you JMU.....you come on here and say that NU is for real and that Youngstown will lose....yet on other threads you say that Ga. Southern isn't a good team b/c they beat NU who is "pre-season next to last" in the A10. Are you a bandwaggon A-10 guy? Do you have a grudge against Ga. Southern because the Eagles own you? Combo of both?

Is NU for real or is NU next to the bottom in the A10? Which is it?

As for my prediction. I think that the NU/YSU game is going to be a very close game. Either team could take it. If I had to lay money on it....I'd probably take YSU b/c they're at home.........(Afterall, NU couldn't even beat crappy ol GSU at home this week :D )

JMU2004
September 5th, 2005, 01:36 AM
I don't quite get you JMU.....you come on here and say that NU is for real and that Youngstown will lose....yet on other threads you say that Ga. Southern isn't a good team b/c they beat NU who is "pre-season next to last" in the A10. Are you a bandwaggon A-10 guy? Do you have a grudge against Ga. Southern because the Eagles own you? Combo of both?

Is NU for real or is NU next to the bottom in the A10? Which is it?

As for my prediction. I think that the NU/YSU game is going to be a very close game. Either team could take it. If I had to lay money on it....I'd probably take YSU b/c they're at home.........(Afterall, NU couldn't even beat crappy ol GSU at home this week :D )

GSU is way overrated

NU will be #2 in the North of the A-10

The Gateway is weak.....and YSU will drop a 31-17 decision to NU

SpiritCymbal
September 5th, 2005, 01:44 AM
NU will be #2 in the North of the A-10

OHHH! So NOW Northeastern is the #2 team in the A-10! Ok. Thank you for clearing that up. Because all you've been able to say on the other thread is that Northeastern is the 'next to last' team in the A-10. I didn't realize there were only 3 teams in the A-10 this year. Shouldn't it be called the A-3 then?

But seriously......GSU is overrated b/c they beat the #2 A-10 team on the road?

BTW....how is JMU's record against Northeastern in Boston?

JMU2004
September 5th, 2005, 01:59 AM
OHHH! So NOW Northeastern is the #2 team in the A-10! Ok. Thank you for clearing that up. Because all you've been able to say on the other thread is that Northeastern is the 'next to last' team in the A-10. I didn't realize there were only 3 teams in the A-10 this year. Shouldn't it be called the A-3 then?

But seriously......GSU is overrated b/c they beat the #2 A-10 team on the road?

BTW....how is JMU's record against Northeastern in Boston?

lol here we go again....NU was a preseason Dog in the A-10....it appears the their frosh QB will lift them high.... GSU still talks with the best, and relys on their history. Count your six flags (i know, it takes two hands) but the SoCon is getting weak

SpiritCymbal
September 5th, 2005, 02:14 AM
lol here we go again....NU was a preseason Dog in the A-10....it appears the their frosh QB will lift them high.... GSU still talks with the best, and relys on their history. Count your six flags (i know, it takes two hands) but the SoCon is getting weak

Ok....let's don't talk history.

JMU is 1-0. GSU is 1-0. JMU beat a DII school at home. GSU beat a I-AA school on the road.

GSU is 1-0 vs. the A-10 this year. Does that about cover it?

Husky Alum
September 5th, 2005, 06:28 AM
The last time JMU played at Northeastern they got, um, well, SPANKED.

Final Score 41-10, and it wasn't that close. Granted JMU wasn't good that year (2002) and NU needed to win to clinch the A-10 title.

It was about 5 degrees at kickoff and got colder.

Not taking anything away from JMU, they've got the bling.

I think it's going to be difficult for a relatively young NU team to rebound and play at the same level last week as it did this week. We have some solid seniors, and this is a test of their leadership and the coaches ability to motivate.

I've said all summer that our secondary could be our weak spot, and if YSU throws the ball with any consistency, we could be in trouble.

FlyYtown
September 5th, 2005, 08:20 AM

So now you say the Gateway is weak.. Southern Illinois, Western Kentucky, Northern Iowa to name a few. GIMME A BREAK If it werent for the power of the A-10 as of late the Gateway will still be the best league in I-AA.

YSU By 3-4 TD'S

HensRock
September 5th, 2005, 10:02 AM
I hope the respect this team deserves is given.

Don't worry. If there is anything I can guarantee for Saturday, it's that the respect your team deserves WILL be given.
:D

Hansel
September 5th, 2005, 10:11 AM
The gateway is a solid league, I doubt the guins win by 3-4 TDs next week though

Paladin1aa
September 5th, 2005, 10:15 AM
Just to remind everyone, the last time NE played in Youngstown, they were destroyed 59-7 ( 1991). :p

Won't be that bad this time, but it will be humiliating. :nod: :nod: :nod:

Some eyeballs will be OPENED !! :D

FlyYtown
September 5th, 2005, 10:36 AM
Folks PALADIN is a major critic of our coach and this team and when he says we will kil a team like he has said here; you can bet YSU will roll...

http://www.ysu.edu/sports/football/Stadiumaerial2.jpg
DONT MESS WITH THE GUINS

Tribe4SF
September 5th, 2005, 10:38 AM

"The Gateway is weak..."???? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Have to disagree. I have UNI #1 and Western Kentucky and Southern Illinois in the Top 10. Anyone that doesn't respect YSU is asking to get blindsided. I think the YSU-NE matchup is a really interesting one. Watching both as possible top 25 as season goes on.

Paladin1aa
September 5th, 2005, 01:45 PM
Not so loud, Tribe. Its best if the "all knowing" on here remain "in the dark" awhile longer !! :)

Have a BIG POST ready for next week-end !! :D

Husky Alum
September 5th, 2005, 03:47 PM
Hey Paladin, dust of your YSU record book, the last time NU played YSU was at at Pretty Parsons Field in 1992, and you LOST 28-23.

It was a cold rainy day in October, and it was a pretty close game that we won I beleive with a late defensive stand.

My senior year, and my now wife and I got into a fight because I dissed her to go to the game with some friends and b/c we won a big game (I think YSU may have been ranked) I got SMASHED that night.

igo4uni
September 5th, 2005, 03:58 PM
I have UNI #1

Oh, man Tribe, you are the man!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :)

Woo Hoo!!!

peace

igo4uni

NU-Fan
September 5th, 2005, 04:27 PM
The last time NU went to Ohio they beat D-1 OhioU. It was'nt even close. So I think the program is much better than it was in 1991

Baldy
September 5th, 2005, 04:45 PM
Hey Paladin, dust of your YSU record book, the last time NU played YSU was at at Pretty Parsons Field in 1992, and you LOST 28-23.

It was a cold rainy day in October, and it was a pretty close game that we won I beleive with a late defensive stand.

My senior year, and my now wife and I got into a fight because I dissed her to go to the game with some friends and b/c we won a big game (I think YSU may have been ranked) I got SMASHED that night.

Y-town played @ Northeastern in 1992 and LOST?????????
And it wasn't even the first game of the year??????? :eek:

Is that the same YSU squad that LOST to Marshall in the 1992 National Championship Game?????
Oh the humanity!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Let's hear it Paladin I-AA. Gimme some excuses why YSU lost that game. :rolleyes:

Baldy
September 5th, 2005, 04:51 PM

....your D shut GSU's triple option down pretty good.

You musta stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :rolleyes:

Please tell me how a team "shuts down" an offense when the offense gains 500+ yards? The only things that stopped our O were the penalties.

FlyYtown
September 5th, 2005, 04:58 PM
The last time NU went to Ohio they beat D-1 OhioU. It was'nt even close. So I think the program is much better than it was in 1991

Ohio University would lose to Slippery Rock. They DO NOT Belong in the MAC.. YSU belongs in the MAC.

ChickenMan
September 5th, 2005, 05:50 PM
Ohio University would lose to Slippery Rock. They DO NOT Belong in the MAC.. YSU belongs in the MAC.

Slippery Rock is comng off two consectutive 4-7 seasons in DII and is currently 0-2 in '05. As a I posted earlier... it is amazing what a big win over a poor DII team can do for some fans... :p

FlyYtown
September 5th, 2005, 06:34 PM
Chicken. We all know we were going to win.

Its just the last couple years we hadn't played well vs them.. IN 2004 we were down 6-0 at half to them before rolling in the 2nd.

The way they played from Minute 1 to the final minute was something we saw in the 90s.

Paladin1aa
September 5th, 2005, 06:44 PM
Patience folks. The "epic" match-up is Saturday. I watched GSU-NE. Penalties fumbles and INT, crap O. As bad as GSU played , NE has a terrible D. Give the QB credit --Orio. He played well.

Yep, the last time I-AA YSU played I-A O.U., we destroyed them as well.
Yep, NE won a close game at their place vs YSU. However, THIS game is at Youngstown. And the last time NE was here..........59-7 !! YSU

Welcome to Youngstown. We hope you "enjoy" your stay. :p :p :p

Big Post after the game. :nod: :nod: :nod:

TheFranchise
September 5th, 2005, 07:07 PM
Its so funny how everyone is saying that Georgia Southern has a bad defense when durin the preseason, so many people picked them as having one of the better defenses in I-AA. Everyone gave so much hype to there secondary that had a Pre-Season All American in it and there entire secondary was Preseason All-SoCon Pick. Why isnt anyone giving credit to NU's offense? The big question here is, was Georgia Southern that bad? or was NU that good? The rest of the season will tell the truth.

Hoo-ah
September 5th, 2005, 07:11 PM
Patience folks. The "epic" match-up is Saturday. I watched GSU-NE. Penalties fumbles and INT, crap O. As bad as GSU played , NE has a terrible D. Give the QB credit --Orio. He played well.

Yep, the last time I-AA YSU played I-A O.U., we destroyed them as well.
Yep, NE won a close game at their place vs YSU. However, THIS game is at Youngstown. And the last time NE was here..........59-7 !! YSU

Welcome to Youngstown. We hope you "enjoy" your stay. :p :p :p

Big Post after the game. :nod: :nod: :nod:

If you consider winning 28-20 back in 1992, "destroyed." :eek: :eek:

NU "destroyed" Ohio 31-0 way back in 2002.

Beat you to it 89Hen. :D :D

YSU4
September 5th, 2005, 07:27 PM
the red and white are waving over the field our team is fighting with the spirit that will not yield rah rah rah hail to the oh youngstown we'll fight for you once again the pengiuns will win for ysu! y... s... u ... ysu go!

FlyYtown
September 5th, 2005, 08:06 PM
http://www.ysupenguins.net/pride/music/YSU_Fight_Song_with_Si%5B1%5D.mp3

The ICE CASTLE is prepared to ICE The Huskies.. Go back to whatever state you all are at.. This is YOUNGSTOWN........ THIS IS YSU..... This is no place to messs with.....

GO GUINS BABY.... Time to roll vs NE into the TOP 25!!!!

http://kmodak.com/images/YSU_lg.jpg

I-AA Fan
September 5th, 2005, 08:27 PM
All-Time NE vs YSU:

1985: YSU 23-18 @ Youngstown
1986: NE 23-21 @ Northeastern
1987: YSU 29-14 @ Youngstown
1988: NE: 23-7 @ Northeastern
1989: YSU 44-0 @ Youngstown
1990: YSU 37-3 @ Northeastern
1991: YSU 59-7 @ Youngstown
1992: NE 28-23 @ Northeastern

For those making the trip, welcome. Feel free to go to http:///www.ysupenguins.com for directions, weather, and go to the board and ask for places to stay & things to do. Penguins fans are very friendly, so wear your Husky attire & you will not have to worry about food or drink for the day. They have the best pizza in the country (and I have family in Chicago), so you must have some before you go home. M-7 is the opponents tailgate lot, I think they have a rock band next week (oldies). Warning: keep the booze hidden, Ohio state law requires that you purchase your beer, wine, and coolers in an authorized lot {thanks Ohio State}. A few things to see while you are there:

1. Mill Creek Park in the largest inner-city park in the country, just beautiful this time of the year. About 5 minutes from the stadium with the right exit.
http://www.millcreekmetroparks.com/

2. NFL hall-of-fame is about :30-45 minutes away in Canton. Always a favorite for visitors.
http://www.profootballhof.com/

3. You are about 1 hour from Pittsburgh & a little more from Cleveland ... plenty to do there if you come a day early or stay late. Tribe and Bucks both home. Tribe hosts A's, should be good. Browns and Steelers both open at home on Sunday as well.

4. Six Flags is about 30 minutes away (north) & Kennywood park is about an hour (in Pittsburgh).
http://www.geaugalake.com/

5. Rock and Roll HOF is in Cleveland, about an hour away.

6. There will be childrens games at the M-7 tailgate lot for those bringing the family.

FlyYtown
September 5th, 2005, 08:46 PM
OSU VS TEXAS IS AT 8 AT NIGHT I-AA FAN.. SO THE ATTENDANCE WON'T BE BAD....

Or just go to www.downtownyoungstown.com

Go to the forums---image gallery and expierence the RENIASSANCE of Downtown Youngstown.

For PIZZA: Avalon Gardens Briar Hill; VOTED BEST BRIAR HILL PIZZA in Ohio. Take stadium to West along Madison{NORTH OF STADIUM OVER EXPRESSWAY} to Right on Belmont.

For Wings: Inner Circle is on YSU Campus.. Take Fifth, Road stadium is on to: Elm eastbound. Or continue South on Fifth to Federal and take that to Fed Square and you will see BW3'S to your like upper left in a white building of 12 stories..

For Good Italian altogether: Take W. Rayen past Wick then take a left on Walnut and take it down the hill to the World Famous: MVR, they got the bocce, good food, nice patio...

Here is a campus map that will help some: http://www.ysu.edu/maps/images/FLATMAP-GRAPHIC_sch_hotspots3.gif

Note the Avalon is not on here. Its about 5 minutes from stadium on north side near St. E's Hospital.. So use that as a landmark if you were to go there.

I-AA Fan
September 5th, 2005, 08:48 PM
I was changing it when you were typing Fly ... thanks.

FlyYtown
September 5th, 2005, 08:55 PM
NO PROB Man..

http://www.ysu.edu/maps/tour/stambaugh/images/stadium6.jpg

If you got aim you see my aim there; I need to im you privately about a certain issue regarding your website..

THANKS

Paladin1aa
September 6th, 2005, 10:22 AM
Might be interesting for folks to predict final scores for this game. YSU is "weak" in the eyes of many. Northeastern took the "great" Geo. South. down to the wire & lost in OT on a FG.

Maybe the "experts" can shed some light on this "epic" battle. How about it ?? Winner & predicted score !!

Step right up !! :p

Baldy
September 6th, 2005, 11:25 AM
Northeastern took the "great" Geo. South. down to the wire & lost in OT on a FG.

And a "once great" Youngstown team that was a NC runner-up LOST to a 5-5-1 Northeastern team.

Your mouth is writing checks your football team might not be able to cash. Don't be a stranger if what you are so confident will happen, doesn't. :cool:

Happy Penguin
September 6th, 2005, 12:00 PM
It's kind of funny to follow this thread. I don't think anyone on here can accurately predict how either team will play on Saturday..there are a lot of 18/19 year old kids playing and if you think they are reliable and consistant hire a bunch at your workplace ;)

Home field is worth 3 points, and YSU has 2 more days of rest so they get the nod from me 27-24.

And please stop posting scores from old games that happened when these players were in elementary school....they don't mean anything this year.

Hansel
September 6th, 2005, 12:02 PM
NU wins big, fallout will be heavy, ytown fans will run for cover IMHO :D

Paladin1aa
September 6th, 2005, 12:10 PM
Aw , come on "experts". Don't be shy. Post a prediction with SCORE.

Be a man !! :p :p :p

89Hen
September 6th, 2005, 12:15 PM
If you consider winning 28-20 back in 1992, "destroyed." :eek: :eek:

NU "destroyed" Ohio 31-0 way back in 2002.

Beat you to it 89Hen. :D :D
Good work Hoo. I'll go out on a limb and put a score to it....

Northeastern 31 - Youngstown 17

Paladin1aa
September 6th, 2005, 12:21 PM
There's one "expert" Where 's the rest ????? :p :p :p

Baldy
September 6th, 2005, 12:31 PM
NU wins big, fallout will be heavy, ytown fans will run for cover IMHO :D
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You forgot the.. :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Paladin1aa
September 6th, 2005, 12:42 PM
Brother bald one. Where's YOUR "fearless" prediction?? Especially after those nasty Huskies took your "GREAT" Eagles to OT.

Its "just" the Penguins !! Where is your FB "knowledge", Oh Great One, All Knowing ?? :nod:

Baldy
September 6th, 2005, 01:33 PM
Brother bald one. Where's YOUR "fearless" prediction?? Especially after those nasty Huskies took your "GREAT" Eagles to OT.

Its "just" the Penguins !! Where is your FB "knowledge", Oh Great One, All Knowing ?? :nod:

Actually, I couldn't give a sheet. GSU gets everybody's best game every week. Maybe NU shot thier wad last Saturday, maybe not. One thing is for sure, for your "once great" team's sake, you better hope they did. :nod:
You are the one bumpin' your gums. All I've seen from you is we could win this big or win that big. We already took care of our business. Give us your "expert" score.

Paladin1aa
September 6th, 2005, 01:52 PM
Coming, bald one. But you "ducked", just like I thought you would. Want to get all the A-10 " brotherhood" on this one as well.

Where's the "experts'?? Less bald one !! :p :p :p

pete4256
September 6th, 2005, 01:57 PM
NU played crisp and under control last week, plus they broke three big plays which looked uncharacteristic when compared to the rest of their scheme. Still, it's tough to shut them down. If they roll up and down the field and dominate the TOP, YSU might be in trouble.

If they make mistakes and/or have to play from behind, they might be handled.

But I don't know anything about YSU this year. Based on the style of play Northeastern showed Saturday and the location of the game, I'll say that it "will" be somewhere between NU 31-26 and YSU 26-24. What's that? NU with a 1 point spread?

Baldy
September 6th, 2005, 03:06 PM
Coming, bald one. But you "ducked", just like I thought you would.

Sure..... :rolleyes:

What part of, "don't give a sheet" do you not understand?
The only one duckin', is you.

Paladin1aa
September 6th, 2005, 03:28 PM
Oh, I'll give mine. I'm holding off for a prediction thread on our site. Don't want to give away the surprise .

Just giving the A-10 boys and "experts" like you the opportunity to show everyone your "real" FB knowledge. :p

Give a "sheet" or not ,you "ducked" :nod:

NEXT!!!!!!

eaglesrthe1
September 6th, 2005, 03:50 PM
NU 27 YSU 21

ChiefGSU275
September 6th, 2005, 03:57 PM
I think NU wins a close one..I'll say 24-21.

Hoo-ah
September 6th, 2005, 05:05 PM
Oh, I'll give mine. I'm holding off for a prediction thread on our site. Don't want to give away the surprise .

Just giving the A-10 boys and "experts" like you the opportunity to show everyone your "real" FB knowledge. :p

Give a "sheet" or not ,you "ducked" :nod:

NEXT!!!!!!

All I know about this year's YSU team is the win over Rolling Rock. Shoot, I've beaten Rolling Rock by a 12 pack many times. xprost2x

I would prefer that the A-10 team wins, so my prediction will be biased.

31-21 NU

YSU4
September 6th, 2005, 08:22 PM
ysu wins 21-14 fool

Hoo-ah
September 6th, 2005, 08:47 PM
ysu wins 21-14 fool

:p :splat: :splat: :splat:

Tribe4SF
September 6th, 2005, 09:00 PM

I'm sure they're all on pins and needles waiting for that! :boring: xcoffeex

Husky Alum
September 6th, 2005, 09:08 PM
I haven't seen YSU play since Tressel and Mickey Monus had the boys on his payroll, but I saw enough of NU to still think we are a bit weak in our secondary.

GSU probably was a good test for our LB's and DL, but I haven't been impressed with our secondary for the past couple of seasons, and we're worse than we were last year.

I've got to side with the host Pengiun fans.

YSU 31
NU 17

NU is too young to bounce back from a tough loss to GSU and go on the road and perform. If they do, they'll earn my respect.

ngineer
September 6th, 2005, 09:09 PM
IF NU can go into the igloo and win, bouncing back after that tough loss, would say alot about the Huskies. A big measuring stick game for NU--was last week a fluke--looking a national contender in the eye? If they can put two tough games back to back with a win, then they could have a heckof a season. However, remember Maine's 'great start' last year with Miss. State. Doesn't necessarily translate.

Paladin1aa
September 7th, 2005, 10:09 AM
Hey, where 's all the NE fans. Get on here with your "predictions". I got one coming Friday.( With a scouting report :D )

Also any GSU fans ( or A-10ers for that matter) whose "great" team won in OT by a FG. :nod: :nod: :nod:

Its just "lowly" YSU !! :nod: :nod: :nod:

Is it a HUGE surprise ?? Or just an old fashion butt kicking ?? :D :D :D

Paladin1aa
September 7th, 2005, 12:15 PM
Good info in the Guins game day program. Vs "current members" of the A-10, YSU is 25 -16.

Hofstra 3-0
James Madison 2-1
Maine 2-2
UMass 1-1
Northeastern 5-3
Richmond 0-1
Towson St. 4-0
Villanova 7-2
Delaware 1-6

My prediction Fri. :nod: Yours !! :p :p :p

ChickenMan
September 7th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Good info in the Guins game day program. Vs "current members" of the A-10, YSU is 25 -16.

Delaware 1-6

:D :p :D

Paladin1aa
September 7th, 2005, 12:53 PM
YSU vs A-10 25-16 :p :p :p :p :p :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

89Hen
September 7th, 2005, 01:00 PM
YSU vs A-10 25-16
Not exactly. 4-0 vs Towson and 3-0 vs Hofstra were not A10 games. :p

Paladin1aa
September 7th, 2005, 01:08 PM
YSU vs "Current member" A-10 teams

25-16 Chump ! :D :nod: :nod: :nod:

Eagle_77
September 7th, 2005, 01:26 PM
Take notice that very few YSU fans are backing this off the wall guy. Many think they will win but none are being as arrogant as this A-hole.

You keep picking on GSU fans and calling us the "great" program. My question is when is the last time you guys have been to the playoffs? What happened the last time your 4-championship team came up against the "once great" GSU? You might want to dust off that history book a little more.

If there is a has been program in I-AA it is currently YSU. That could change and possibly this year, but until you prove it on the field NO ONE is going to believe YSU is back to the power it once was.

Although I would lean towards YSU in this one because of the home field, if you think that Northeastern is not a talented football team then you are nuts. They may not be as talented as the top of the A-10 or hell they might only time will tell, but they are talented enough to pull out a win if YSU doesn’t bring their A+ game.

IF Northeastern wins how many folks think this clown will be seen in full force here Monday?

Paladin1aa
September 7th, 2005, 01:45 PM
Very "few" YSU fans here. I'll be here Monday morning , bright & early . :D

Have a BIG POST ready !! :p

89Hen
September 7th, 2005, 01:46 PM
25-16 Chump
1-6 Chimp

Eagle_77
September 7th, 2005, 02:07 PM
Very "few" YSU fans here. I'll be here Monday morning , bright & early . :D

Have a BIG POST ready !! :p

You get smacked right in the mouth and thats all you say? Come on you are good at picking on everyone but when anyone brings up valid points you "duck" as you like to say. Instead of talking all this sheet why not tell me why YSU will win. Tell me what makes YSU a better team this year than years past. Tell me why YSU is better than Northeastern or Georgia Southern or any other ranked team for that matter.

Paladin1aa
September 7th, 2005, 02:17 PM
In the "scouting report" Fri, along with my pick. :D

Eagle_77
September 7th, 2005, 02:36 PM

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LBPop
September 7th, 2005, 02:49 PM

What time Friday...I'm setting my alarm. ;)

Paladin1aa
September 7th, 2005, 02:56 PM
Early afternoon. There are several contests going on and I'll post there before here.

Its unanimous at YSU so far ( I'm not on record yet ;) ) . YSU !!

Whatta ya think Pop ?? YSU or NE ?? Score ?? :p

89Hen
September 7th, 2005, 03:13 PM
Its unanimous at YSU so far... YSU !!
And you're worried about A10 fans being homers? :lmao: :nono:

GaSouthern
September 7th, 2005, 03:19 PM
NU is no joke and I expect to put up a fight and suprise alot of people Orieos Cookies is an AWESOME FR QB! I say NU 21 - YSU 20.

Tilldog40
September 7th, 2005, 04:13 PM
Sounds like GSU and YSU should schedule some games to settle this one.

Paladin1aa
September 7th, 2005, 04:26 PM
Makes perfect sense to me .

YSU is 3-1 all time vs. Geo. South. :D

Paladin1aa
September 7th, 2005, 06:33 PM
Sports Network's pick --

YSU 35 Northeastern 27

They have one of the numbers correct. :D

ChiefGSU275
September 7th, 2005, 06:35 PM
But that ONE was soooooo sweet!!

http://webpages.charter.net/mkyounce/therun.gif

FlyYtown
September 7th, 2005, 06:50 PM
But that ONE was soooooo sweet!!

http://webpages.charter.net/mkyounce/therun.gif

I give you credit. That game was fun to watch with Peterson but YSU is totally different since then. The QB spot is as good as it was in the 90s. They have a better running attack and passing attack than most of Tressel's teams here. The only question mark is the defense. They did well stopping plenty of the ROCK'S Attacks... This is a big challenge.

BUT FOLKS I DON'T CARE WHO YOU FACE. WHEN YOU GIVE UP 400+ YARDS ON DEFENSE YOU GOT PROBLEMS!

YSU Wins BIG!!!

Guin-for-life
September 7th, 2005, 07:46 PM
F%^K GSU and NE.......GO...YSU....We will return to the GLORY DAYS, by destroying everyone who stands in our WAY.... :bang: one more thing............GO STEELHOUNDS!!!!!!!

FlyYtown
September 7th, 2005, 07:53 PM
FYI: This is NOT a hockey site buddy lol. We will lose at least 3 and lets hope thats all..

Anyways I am boycotting the Steelhounds until the league owners, GLOBAL, give the AF2 Team fair RENTAL RATES!

ChiefGSU275
September 7th, 2005, 11:14 PM
Whats a steelhound?

Baldy
September 8th, 2005, 01:07 AM
Whats a steelhound?

Looks like a gay dog. ;)

Paladin1aa
September 8th, 2005, 09:13 AM
Oops -- Changed my mind !! :p Scouting report today and NE-YSU pick & score tomorrow. :nod:

After watching the GSU-NE game last week-end, several things literally jumped out at me. One, this was the worst GSU team I have seen. In four previous games of GSU vs YSU, this was the poorest team seen. Since YSU won 3 of those 4, how would YSU do vs NE who played this "poor" and VASTLY OVER-RATED GSU TEAM -- answer, not much doubt. NE, while shutting down the GSU triple option very well gave up 520 yds of total O.And the most obvious problem for NE was on full display. While YSU doesn't run a triple option, it does employ a tough power/finess running O. GSU used a simple power roll-out play vs NE when its option was shut down and NE showed no ability to stop pure power plays.
Further, YSU throws very well and after watching the lame GSU passing attack and how far NE DB's played off receivers, YSU could have a field day on both running & passing.

Looking at NE's O, it was obvious that Orio is a good QB who throws well, but he had ALL DAY vs a weak GSU pass D to throw against. YSU returns 3 multi -year starters in the secondary. GSU had no pass rush. YSU has blitz packages galore. Orio is in for a long day. The NE run game is also suspect. While they made GSU out to look like fools with their option attack, YSU is at its strongest vs option teams playing good assignment, disciplined D. The two 5'6 RBs present no threat with a power game vs the Pens.

All in all , the NE coaches have their hands full trying to come up with a game plan to attack YSU's smothering D and at the same time trying to shut down a balanced and strong YSU run/pass attack. This is not a "wimpy" GSU team. Final score will reflect the vast differences.

And that prediction comes tomorrow. :nod: :nod: :nod:

89Hen
September 8th, 2005, 09:26 AM
the worst GSU team I have seen.... VASTLY OVER-RATED GSU TEAM... the lame GSU passing attack... a weak GSU pass D... made GSU out to look like fools... a "wimpy" GSU team
Seems fair and balanced. Pretty much like all of your outlooks on things. :rolleyes:

ChickenMan
September 8th, 2005, 09:50 AM
This is not a "wimpy" GSU team. Final score will reflect the vast differences.

:dizzy:

:D :p :D

Eagle_77
September 8th, 2005, 10:09 AM
Oops -- Changed my mind !! :p Scouting report today and NE-YSU pick & score tomorrow. :nod:

After watching the GSU-NE game last week-end, several things literally jumped out at me. One, this was the worst GSU team I have seen. In four previous games of GSU vs YSU, this was the poorest team seen. Since YSU won 3 of those 4, how would YSU do vs NE who played this "poor" and VASTLY OVER-RATED GSU TEAM -- answer, not much doubt. NE, while shutting down the GSU triple option very well gave up 520 yds of total O.And the most obvious problem for NE was on full display. While YSU doesn't run a triple option, it does employ a tough power/finess running O. GSU used a simple power roll-out play vs NE when its option was shut down and NE showed no ability to stop pure power plays.
Further, YSU throws very well and after watching the lame GSU passing attack and how far NE DB's played off receivers, YSU could have a field day on both running & passing.

Looking at NE's O, it was obvious that Orio is a good QB who throws well, but he had ALL DAY vs a weak GSU pass D to throw against. YSU returns 3 multi -year starters in the secondary. GSU had no pass rush. YSU has blitz packages galore. Orio is in for a long day. The NE run game is also suspect. While they made GSU out to look like fools with their option attack, YSU is at its strongest vs option teams playing good assignment, disciplined D. The two 5'6 RBs present no threat with a power game vs the Pens.

All in all , the NE coaches have their hands full trying to come up with a game plan to attack YSU's smothering D and at the same time trying to shut down a balanced and strong YSU run/pass attack. This is not a "wimpy" GSU team. Final score will reflect the vast differences.

What I bolded above goes to show that everything comming out of your mouth is crap. We had 4 players with over 5 yards a carry. We had 4 players with over 40 yards rushing. We had two players with more than 100 yards rushing. Since YSU is at their best against the option then I would expect their fans and experts to know how the damn option works. Were there a lot of pitches? No! But thats because thats not what they were giving up. They were keeping guys on the outside to stop the option pitch but giving up the middle for the FB or QB. Thats why its called a triple option because you have more than just the option to pitch it. So if they didnt give up the yards to the option and we all know that they didnt give them up passing then how in the hell did they give them up?

Over 500yds of offense and we are a "week GSU team"? Go take another hit or do another line or whatever it is you do to come up with this crap.

Baldy
September 8th, 2005, 10:21 AM

After watching the GSU-NE game last week-end, several things literally jumped out at me. One, this was the worst GSU team I have seen. In four previous games of GSU vs YSU, this was the poorest team seen. Since YSU won 3 of those 4, how would YSU do vs NE who played this "poor" and VASTLY OVER-RATED GSU TEAM -- answer, not much doubt. NE, while shutting down the GSU triple option very well gave up 520 yds of total O.And the most obvious problem for NE was on full display. While YSU doesn't run a triple option, it does employ a tough power/finess running O. GSU used a simple power roll-out play vs NE when its option was shut down NE, while shutting down the GSU triple option very well gave up 520 yds of total O.NE, while shutting down the GSU triple option very well gave up 520 yds of total O.and NE showed no ability to stop pure power plays.

The way you sound Pal, your "prediction" will be YSU winning 100-0.

My favorite quote,

NE, while shutting down the GSU triple option very well gave up 520 yds of total O.
Still trying to figure out how NU "shut" down GSU who ran up 520 yards of offense, but GSU's D is "weak" and "poor" but only gave up a little over 400 yards. Eagle envy run amok. :cool:

Pal, words can't describe how totally out of touch you are with reality.
Do us all a favor and stick with "prognosticating" the demise of US society. As idiotic as those "predictions" are, they are not a dumb as this one.

ChickenMan
September 8th, 2005, 10:24 AM
Do us all a favor and stick with "prognosticating" the demise of US society. As idiotic as those "predictions" are, they are not a dumb as this one.

Yes they are... :D

Paladin1aa
September 8th, 2005, 10:30 AM
So NE is going to win ?? Crush the Guins ??They are a "super" team vs GSU??

Don't hold back. Make it clear and expose yourself !! :D

ChickenMan
September 8th, 2005, 10:53 AM
So NE is going to win ?? Crush the Guins ??They are a "super" team vs GSU??

Don't hold back. Make it clear and expose yourself !! :D

Forget N'eastern... win or lose it won't effect YSU's standing in the Gateway. So what's the ole Paladin's prediction for the Pen's fate in conference? Any chance they will finish higher than SIU... UNI or WKU...? Or will this be YSU's 5th consectutive season without a playoff bid...???

Paladin1aa
September 8th, 2005, 11:01 AM
The thread is titled NE vs YSU. And off of a game ,GSU vs NE, predictions for NE vs YSU are being made. Future threads about GFC match-ups will be had. Right now , all eyes are on this game. Are the Pens THAT much better than GSU ?? Will they beat the "powerful" NE ?? Inquiring minds want to know.

Care to join. :p

Eagle_77
September 8th, 2005, 11:03 AM
Wow you really do dodge direct questions dont you. You have two people back to back call you out and all you can come up with is this? Pretty weak.

No one has said that your prediction of YSU winning is "wrong". Its all the other crap you say to prove the point that you are right inside your head that you are spilling out onto this website. People make predictions all the time. Hell several other people have made them on this thread but none of them have tried to prove YSU's supremacy over everyone else and tried to bring down other teams in doing so.

Once again let me put this in a way you might understand. YSU is #1 at something. #1 in the "has been" category. Win a few games. Win your conference and respect will be given where it is due. But until then please stop polluting this world with that waste that is coming out of your pie hole.

Paladin1aa
September 8th, 2005, 11:12 AM
Is YSU "better" than "mighty" GSU's 3 pt. OT win vs NE ?? Was NE a powerhouse vs GSU ?? After all, NE was the NINTH team in the A-10 to get votes in the "poll" for LOSING to "mighty" GSU.

Stay tuned sports fans. Answer coming up Saturday!! :p :nod: :D

Eagle_77
September 8th, 2005, 11:19 AM
I will answer your questions when you answer mine so I guess our conversations ends.

ChickenMan
September 8th, 2005, 11:22 AM
Are the Pens THAT much better than GSU ?? Will they beat the "powerful" NE ?? Inquiring minds want to know.

Care to join. :p

N'eastern @ YSU is quite a bit different than GSU @ N'eastern. A fact that all A10 fans are well aware of... N'eastern is a far tougher opponent at Parson Field than they are playing anywhere on the road... for your info...

including the GSU loss... since '01... N'eastern is 19-5 playing at home... but only 9-15 on the road. Those facts should lead any reasonable man to conclude that beating N'eastern in Boston is much more difficult than whipping them on your own home field. So a win over NU at your 'Ice Palace' would hardly be the equal of GSU's win over NU in Boston. But should you lose to N'eastern at home :asswhip: oh my... now that would be nasty... :nod:

ChiefGSU275
September 8th, 2005, 11:32 AM
GSU may be "weak" and be the "poorest" GSU team in years, but I guarantee they will go farther than the snowbirds. In fact, i bet this "weak" GSU team could come into the beloved Ice Palace and come back to statesboro with a W.

But hey, this is about YSU and NE, right?

Eagle_77
September 8th, 2005, 11:37 AM
N'eastern @ YSU is quite a bit different than GSU @ N'eastern. A fact that all A10 fans are well aware of... N'eastern is a far tougher opponent at Parson Field than they are playing anywhere on the road... for your info...

including the GSU loss... since '01... N'eastern is 19-5 playing at home... but only 9-15 on the road. Those facts should lead any reasonable man to conclude that beating N'eastern in Boston is much more difficult than whipping them on your own home field. So a win over NU at your 'Ice Palace' would hardly be the equal of GSU's win over NU in Boston. But should you lose to N'eastern at home :asswhip: oh my... now that would be nasty... :nod:

Ok so there are people that have common sense and know how to use it. :) :) :) :)

Husky Alum
September 8th, 2005, 11:51 AM
Another point... Northeastern had about oh, 6 months to prepare for GSU, and 6 days to prepare for YSU.

I'm not making excuses here, I predicted a Penguin victory on the CAA website, but the Paladin's rationale doesn't support his position.

Will NU score points, I think so. Will its defense give up points, yep.
Is its secondary suspect, damn straight.

Can NU win, I'm sure, but I don't see it happening.

RatboyNU
September 8th, 2005, 01:09 PM
Although Northeastern has only 6 days to prepare for YSU they started the season with a far tougher opponent to prepare themseleves for future contests earlier on. YSU played a rollover PSAC team to test there skills before the big game. Northeastern has already been tested with the #3 team in the country on day one. If NU doesnt have an advantage for that one point everybody on this board is irrational. Failure to prepare is preperation for failure. Like Rocky Hager said NU didnt get better by playing Cheney last year they only got worse. By playing Georgia Southern on opening day the huskies are now better prepared to take on tougher oppenents earlier on in the season.

Paladin1aa
September 8th, 2005, 02:23 PM
The #3 team in the country ?? Really !!

Well, I guess we are "doomed" !! :p :nod: :nod:

Hoo-ah
September 8th, 2005, 05:29 PM
The #3 team in the country ?? Really !!

Well, I guess we are "doomed" !! :p :nod: :nod:

Sadly, from reading your posts, my respect for YSU this season is "doomed."

I had an Army buddy that went to YSU, and he was tough-as-nails, HUMBLE, and an outstanding soldier\leader. He loved YSU and it's Football team. From your posts I know he would be embarrassed by how you're portraying the YSU program and its fans to the I-AA family. :bang:

:twocents: :twocents: :twocents:

Paladin1aa
September 8th, 2005, 06:06 PM
Been around these boards too long to swallow that line of "Bull". :p

Yes , all the "fans " around here are humble , modest and soft spoken. :eek:

Yeah,right !! :rolleyes:

Pen Guin
September 8th, 2005, 06:17 PM
I had an Army buddy that went to YSU, and he was tough-as-nails, HUMBLE, and an outstanding soldier\leader. He loved YSU and it's Football team. From your posts I know he would be embarrassed by how you're portraying the YSU program and its fans to the I-AA family.

I can somewhat understand what Paladin is doing, fighting a bit of a bias. However, clearly he has gone too far ... so yes I am embarrassed to add to this thread. However, you people that respond just give him more encouragement. My dad gets mad every time I post on this board, as he feels talk is cheap. YSU fans are very simple to figure out ... we are loyal, yes humble, fans that know the best way to state your case is by doing it. Don't say you are going to win ... just expect nothing less. We don't have a bunch of named-players ... we have a football team. YSU is the place to be on any fall Saturday in Ytown, it is a community event (and I do not even attend YSU). We love our tailgating, and we love it when opposing fans honor us by making the trip (we are not exactly close to any other I-AA team). We will make certain you get plenty to eat and drink, have momentos of the experience. Once the ball is snapped, the "Ice Castle" (not palace please) is hostile & we know our jobs as fans ... just ask any coach, player, or fan that has been there. When you do win, the result is the highest praise one can expect, and anything post-facto is just arrogant. Football in Youngstown is a way of life, and you want to live your life the best way you know how. That is why, although a win is expected, how you play the game is more important. My father has taught me ... If you win by doing what everyone else does, then winning is not worth it. If you are going to win, you will have to beat us at our own game. Maybe this is hard for many of you to understand, but that is what makes Penguin football ... "Penguin football"; and the Penguin faithful ... the "Penguin faithful".

Hoo-ah
September 8th, 2005, 06:20 PM
Been around these boards too long to swallow that line of "Bull". :p

Yes , all the "fans " around here are humble , modest and soft spoken. :eek:

Yeah,right !! :rolleyes:

That explains everything... xidiotx It's not bull...

Hoo-ah
September 8th, 2005, 06:33 PM
I can somewhat understand what Paladin is doing, fighting a bit of a bias. However, clearly he has gone too far ... so yes I am embarrassed to add to this thread. However, you people that respond just give him more encouragement. My dad gets mad every time I post on this board, as he feels talk is cheap. YSU fans are very simple to figure out ... we are loyal, yes humble, fans that know the best way to state your case is by doing it. Don't say you are going to win ... just expect nothing less. We don't have a bunch of named-players ... we have a football team. YSU is the place to be on any fall Saturday in Ytown, it is a community event (and I do not even attend YSU). We love our tailgating, and we love it when opposing fans honor us by making the trip (we are not exactly close to any other I-AA team). We will make certain you get plenty to eat and drink, have momentos of the experience. Once the ball is snapped, the "Ice Castle" (not palace please) is hostile & we know our jobs as fans ... just ask any coach, player, or fan that has been there. When you do win, the result is the highest praise one can expect, and anything post-facto is just arrogant. Football in Youngstown is a way of life, and you want to live your life the best way you know how. That is why, although a win is expected, how you play the game is more important. My father has taught me ... If you win by doing what everyone else does, then winning is not worth it. If you are going to win, you will have to beat us at our own game. Maybe this is hard for many of you to understand, but that is what makes Penguin football ... "Penguin football"; and the Penguin faithful ... the "Penguin faithful".

:) Thanks Pen Quin, I harbor no Ill will towards YSU at all. I remember what a big deal it was when YSU came to Amherst in 94. Sometimes hearing the truth hurts from an outsider. Should be a great game Sat--don't sleep on NU

igo4uni
September 8th, 2005, 07:53 PM

Nice post, thanks for sharing.

peace

igo4uni

Husky Alum
September 8th, 2005, 07:59 PM
Guin -

I am looking forward to visiting the Castle - I'm getting to Pittsburgh tomorrow afternoon. I remember some of the whoopings YSU gave NU in the early 1990s, so that's why I remember our win over YSU in 1992 vividly.

A bunch of NU fans will be at the game, so if you'd like to meet up with us, just send me a PM and let us know where we can find you. We'll be glad to reciprocate when YSU returns to Boston.

NU is WELL aware of YSU's tradition, and no one in Boston is taking the Penguins lightly.

I'm looking forward to a good game.

FlyYtown
September 8th, 2005, 09:09 PM
Husky.. You are all in for a LONG DAY.

If your D is anything near as bad as it was vs GSU the Penguin Offense will get more than the 44 vs. The ROCK.

Zetts is a sophomore, well redshirted in 03 due to injury, but since then he has been ROLLING. He is as good as a Jeff Ryan... He will just roll down the field and find Perry and K. Smith. Also the running attack of Monq. Gibson, Kentucky transfer, Jabari Scott, All 5A Texas Football, Justin Reams and Brandon Nicholson will just run all over you and the 500 yards you saw last week will come again..

I am telling you this YSU team is GOOD... One of the best IMHO. By far the best team Heacock has had even after inheriting Tressel's talent. This team is all Heacock's recruits and it shows he diad a good job

YSU By 3-4 tds!

umassfan
September 8th, 2005, 09:24 PM

If your D is anything near as bad as it was vs GSU the Penguin Offense will get more than the 44 vs. The ROCK.

Zetts is a sophomore, well redshirted in 03 due to injury, but since then he has been ROLLING. He is as good as a Jeff Ryan... He will just roll down the field and find Perry and K. Smith. Also the running attack of Monq. Gibson, Kentucky transfer, Jabari Scott, All 5A Texas Football, Justin Reams and Brandon Nicholson will just run all over you and the 500 yards you saw last week will come again..

I am telling you this YSU team is GOOD... One of the best IMHO. By far the best team Heacock has had even after inheriting Tressel's talent. This team is all Heacock's recruits and it shows he diad a good job

YSU By 3-4 tds! So what your saying is that you could beat GSU by 3 or 4 tds and your offense is better then those eagles. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Husky Alum
September 8th, 2005, 09:47 PM
News Release from Boston....

Boston, MA (AP) -- After reading numerous posts on the Any Given Saturday website, Northeastern University (MA) head football coach R.A. (Rocky) Hager has decided to keep his team in Boston for the weekend and forfeit this Saturday's game to Youngstown State University. "Heck, those guys may not lose a game all year. After reading the posts on the internet, we decided that we don't want to incur the cost and the embarassment and fly out there and lose. They have running backs that played 1-A football and 5-A Football in Texas. We don't have that, Georgia Southern didn't have that."

Northeastern is the first team in recorded history to forfeit a game based on internet postings.

Youngstown State Coach Heacock replied "Chalk this one up to our loyal fans. We pumped the fans up last week with a big win over Slippery Rock. Now, Slippery Rock isn't a bad team. Remember Dave Dial on the Prudential College Football Report on ABC used to give their score EVERY week. This wasn't Cheyney State we were playing. I give credit to Paladin1aa and FlyYTown for this win. They'll earn varsity letters and stickers for their YSU football helmets."

FlyYtown
September 8th, 2005, 09:47 PM
We must wait and see.

This YSU Team is REAL GOOD. This game will prove to all of you they are for real... Trust me a shocker is in store!

eagleskins
September 9th, 2005, 12:25 AM
YSU's offense is not on the same planet as GSU's. I was indifferential about this game, but now I hope NU lays it on them.

rcny46
September 9th, 2005, 12:36 AM
News Release from Boston....

Boston, MA (AP) -- After reading numerous posts on the Any Given Saturday website, Northeastern University (MA) head football coach R.A. (Rocky) Hager has decided to keep his team in Boston for the weekend and forfeit this Saturday's game to Youngstown State University. "Heck, those guys may not lose a game all year. After reading the posts on the internet, we decided that we don't want to incur the cost and the embarassment and fly out there and lose. They have running backs that played 1-A football and 5-A Football in Texas. We don't have that, Georgia Southern didn't have that."

Northeastern is the first team in recorded history to forfeit a game based on internet postings.

Youngstown State Coach Heacock replied "Chalk this one up to our loyal fans. We pumped the fans up last week with a big win over Slippery Rock. Now, Slippery Rock isn't a bad team. Remember Dave Dial on the Prudential College Football Report on ABC used to give their score EVERY week. This wasn't Cheyney State we were playing. I give credit to Paladin1aa and FlyYTown for this win. They'll earn varsity letters and stickers for their YSU football helmets."

I can't think of a better retort.Good job.I hope NU kicks butt.

GoGuins
September 9th, 2005, 07:12 AM
Why all the smack Fly? YSU has a lot to prove and a long way to go before they are considered anywhere near a I-AA power again. We have not been to the playoffs since 2000 and are coming off consecutive losing seasons is nothing to brag about. If you're mission is to get the attention of the people on this board, then mission accomplished. You should welcome the Huskies and their fans to Ytown and wish them well and hope for a great game from both sides.

Ytown Vindy article (http://www.vindy.com/content/sports/local_regional/310817837428241.php)

Paladin1aa
September 9th, 2005, 11:21 AM
I'm going with 10 point margin, conservatively. Lets say --

YSU 31 NU 21

ChiefGSU275
September 9th, 2005, 11:58 AM
All that hype, and you're going with a 10 point margin? i would have though YSU would win 54-29!! ;-)

Pen Guin
September 9th, 2005, 02:23 PM
All that hype, and you're going with a 10 point margin? i would have though YSU would win 54-29!! ;-)

Well Chief:

I will just as easily settle for 34-14, or 21-10 ... maybe, and just maybe mind you ... 19-17. ;)

pete4256
September 9th, 2005, 03:40 PM

Or maybe 59-24

Try to get the smackdown specs right.

Is this the smack board?

ChiefGSU275
September 9th, 2005, 04:12 PM
My bad, the numbers dont really matter, the point is that...um...i dont know what my point is.

Alum in 51
September 9th, 2005, 05:12 PM
Although Northeastern has only 6 days to prepare for YSU they started the season with a far tougher opponent to prepare themseleves for future contests earlier on. YSU played a rollover PSAC team to test there skills before the big game. Northeastern has already been tested with the #3 team in the country on day one. If NU doesnt have an advantage for that one point everybody on this board is irrational. Failure to prepare is preperation for failure. Like Rocky Hager said NU didnt get better by playing Cheney last year they only got worse. By playing Georgia Southern on opening day the huskies are now better prepared to take on tougher oppenents earlier on in the season.
Which all leads to one general point I have been making to another rather nervous NU friend. These are non-conference games that might count at the end of the season for at-large bid playoff positioning. The real challenge is Northeastern winning in-conference games. Challenges posed by the likes of Georgia Southern and Youngstown State are a good way to build up to take on foes in one of the premier conferences.

I know of no one who was dissappointed that the annual rout game was supplanted by a bona fide opponent. Moreover, we all knew that the schedule was going to be an enormous task for this team, but better to face the iron of I-AA football and be taken seriously for rising to the challenge of improving the program. You don't do that by kicking the little sisters of the poor.

There was no time during the game agaisnt GSU that I was worried that the offense could no move the ball. Orio is young, but he was very well composed throughout, and he was more than willing to tuck the ball and run with it. Certainly offense would not seem to be the problem based on the results of the first game. Defensively, the triple option threat of GSU may have been a unique challenge for NU. If Youngstown is not presenting the same type of offense, NU could well contain their running game more effectively than they did against GSU. NU had trouble stopping the run to the outside, but less trouble stopping the run up the middle.

Passingwise, the only significant passes GSU made during the whole game were a pair of fourth-down completions. I know, I know - that is exactly the problem. However, GSU did not pass nearly enough during that game to fully assess just how the NU secondary can respond to a better passing game.

There will not be any blowouts this week. Though the smart bet is on Youngstown State, not only because they are at home, this game should be a close battle.

rcny46
September 9th, 2005, 07:15 PM

YSU By 3-4 tds!

Scoring 44 points against Slippery Rock was quite impressive.Another powerhouse,Bloomsburg U. only scored 40 against them.Congrats!

FlyYtown
September 9th, 2005, 09:37 PM
I have seen them open vs the Rock the last 8 years and this team is as good as the 97-99 teams.

I just think YSU wins big.. 31-14..... Not that big.

EXCUSE THE 3-4 TD'S thing. I had 31-14 in an earlier post....

FlyYtown
September 10th, 2005, 09:31 AM
I'm going down to YSU now to set up in the Lot adjacent on FIFTH next to McDonalds...

I hope to see a lot of you there.

BYE---I am at 180 people now coming..

pete4256
September 10th, 2005, 12:39 PM
[QUOTE=Alum in 51]NU could well contain their running game more effectively than they did against GSU. NU had trouble stopping the run to the outside, but less trouble stopping the run up the middle. [QUOTE]

So Austin's 199 yards straight up the gut now constitute a good defensive job in the middle of the field by NU?

Alum in 51
September 10th, 2005, 01:50 PM
So Austin's 199 yards straight up the gut now constitute a good defensive job in the middle of the field by NU?
Considering that GSU threw nine passes for the entire game and ran the ball 62 times, yes, it does.

YSU4
September 10th, 2005, 07:52 PM
and ysu wins 35-16 go guins! :spank: