PDA

View Full Version : uniforms at Wofford-The Citadel game

woffordgrad94
October 7th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Why was Wofford wearing their home uniforms on the road? My guess would be that The Citadel decided to wear their road whites so Wofford would have to wear black in the heat.

terrierbob
October 7th, 2007, 09:25 PM
I commented on that to my wife yesterday. Collier paid for it.

proasu89
October 7th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Why was Wofford wearing their home uniforms on the road? My guess would be that The Citadel decided to wear their road whites so Wofford would have to wear black in the heat.

Good guess. Question for anyone that's played at this level or higher. Does the jersey color really make a difference? Your hot, tired, and sweaty even if you're playing nekked.

Franks Tanks
October 7th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Good guess. Question for anyone that's played at this level or higher. Does the jersey color really make a difference? Your hot, tired, and sweaty even if you're playing nekked.

I remember hearing about a study that concluded a dark colored helmet is a few degrees warmer on a hot sunny day. So perhaps there is some truth to it, but not enough to effect performance in any way. Any advantages are probably just mental. Perhaps the mythbusters guys on the discovery channel can look into this.

woffordgrad94
October 7th, 2007, 09:46 PM
Well if the Citadel did this to get an advantage, it failed! I also think it doesn't ever make that much of a difference anyway. And Collier probably would've cramped up in a white uniform as well.

walliver
October 7th, 2007, 10:08 PM
I thought the Citadel was like the Dallas Cowboys (are at least want to be like them) and routinely wear white at home. Baby Blue is not a fear inspiring color.

T-Dog
October 7th, 2007, 10:16 PM
They did the same thing for the ASU game in 2005.

chattanoogamocs
October 7th, 2007, 11:11 PM
I still wanna know why THE Citadel uniforms just say Citadel on them. :)

UNHWildCats
October 7th, 2007, 11:16 PM

They couldnt spell the?

Eyes of Old Main
October 7th, 2007, 11:45 PM
I thought the Citadel was like the Dallas Cowboys (are at least want to be like them) and routinely wear white at home. Baby Blue is not a fear inspiring color.

I believe that is the case. I haven't been to a game down there since I was a student at Wofford, but I remember us wearing black back then too. You're right about the baby blue, though, walliver.

Zoo
October 8th, 2007, 12:12 AM

They did do that, so Wofford could play in the heat.

ButlerGSU
October 8th, 2007, 07:07 AM

Now that's a great question.

CID1990
October 8th, 2007, 07:46 AM
Ellis Johnson started that trend, and I remember him saying that he liked making other teams with dark home uniforms wear them in Charleston. Watch ASU wear black in November, not that it will matter.

I was talking to a buddy at halftime Saturday and we agreed that if you have to resort to making the other team wear dark colors, you are already at the door of the Crapsville Bar.

I am not sure if Higgins is using the same strategy, because I heard through the grapevine that our home uniforms did not arrive in time for the season opener, and when they did come in a couple weeks ago, something was wrong with them and they had to send them back.

We'll see soon enough.