PDA

View Full Version : Mid-Season look at Potential playoff teams

drpnut
October 7th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Hey bloggers let's forcast a bit and talk about potential playoff teams.

CAA-- UMass., JMU, Delaware.. possibles--Hofstra,UNH

Patriot-- Lafayette

MEAC-- Del. State, possibles: Norfolk St., Hampton, SC State

Gateway-- UNI, So. Illinois, Youngstown St.

OVC-- East. Kentucky

Southland-- McNeese St.

Southern-- Wofford, Appy possibles: Citadel, Ga South

Big Sky-- Montana, Montana St.

Great West--?

Holla back

Maroons
October 7th, 2007, 08:30 PM
There's only one "EKU" and it's easier to type than "East. Kentucky"... still "East. Kentucky" is better than "EAST KENT" which is what the basketball team often gets labeled on ESPNU. Isn't East Kent in England or something?

EKU still has to contend with TSU who is undefeated in in the OVC and has the dangerous Antonio Heffner. He gave the Colonels fits last year. Any any slip up could create all kinds of scenarios for a tie.

FCS Preview
October 7th, 2007, 08:33 PM
There's only one "EKU" and it's easier to type than "East. Kentucky"... still "East. Kentucky" is better than "EAST KENT" which is what the basketball team often gets labeled on ESPNU. Isn't East Kent in England or something?

EKU still has to contend with TSU who is undefeated in in the OVC and has the dangerous Antonio Heffner. He gave the Colonels fits last year. Any any slip up could create all kinds of scenarios for a tie.

Would East KY be OK? ;)

Hofstra only a "possible" as presumably a Top 10 team, ranked higher than "in" Delaware?

drpnut
October 7th, 2007, 08:37 PM
Hey bro' it is just speculation.

I think Hofstra will lose 2-3 league games. Their win over Furman, right now is not a "quality win" nor was their win aginst Stoney Brook that convincing. I may be wrong, but that is the way I see it.

Holla

TexasTerror
October 7th, 2007, 09:28 PM
Southland...

McNeese and Nicholls St. Colonels could go 6-1 and finish with a 9-2 record (7-1 against Div I including an FBS win over Rice). SLC is not that great this year and 9-2 with the Rice win should catch enough eyes...

Franks Tanks
October 7th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Southland...

McNeese and Nicholls St. Colonels could go 6-1 and finish with a 9-2 record (7-1 against Div I including an FBS win over Rice). SLC is not that great this year and 9-2 with the Rice win should catch enough eyes...

A 9-2 Nicholls State team should absolutely make the playoffs.

PantherRob82
October 7th, 2007, 09:36 PM
CAA-- UMass., JMU, Delaware.. possibles--UNH

Patriot-- who cares? ;)

MEAC-- see above

OVC-- once again, who cares? ;)

Southland-- McNeese St.

Great West--no one

Maroons
October 7th, 2007, 09:44 PM

Booo! xbawlingx

TexasTerror
October 7th, 2007, 09:58 PM
A 9-2 Nicholls State team should absolutely make the playoffs.

Seems they continue to be ignored by the pundits on this board. They're just going to have to keep winning and if that includes a win over McNeese at home on Oct 20th, so be it...xnodx

X-Factor
October 7th, 2007, 10:09 PM

Patriot-- who cares? ;)

MEAC-- see above

Southland-- McNeese St.

Great West--no one

I'll go with these picks. How about Hofstra though?

slostang
October 7th, 2007, 10:11 PM

Patriot-- who cares? ;)

MEAC-- see above

Southland-- McNeese St.

Great West--no one

Do not count out Cal Poly just yet.

MSUfan2010
October 7th, 2007, 10:39 PM
Hey bloggers let's forcast a bit and talk about potential playoff teams.

CAA-- UMass., JMU, Delaware.. possibles--Hofstra,UNH

Patriot-- Lafayette

MEAC-- Del. State, possibles: Norfolk St., Hampton, SC State

OVC-- East. Kentucky

Southland-- McNeese St.

Great West--?

Holla back

You have to include Missouri State in the Gateway if you are going to include possibles for the other conferences. 4-2 and 1-1. Win next week and everyone will be talking

JALMOND
October 7th, 2007, 10:42 PM
You have to include Missouri State in the Gateway if you are going to include possibles for the other conferences. 4-2 and 1-1. Win next week and everyone will be talking

In order to get to the required 7 DI wins, Missouri State would have to win against either S Illinois or N Iowa. Win one of those and you'll be in, I believe.

MSUfan2010
October 7th, 2007, 10:56 PM
In order to get to the required 7 DI wins, Missouri State would have to win against either S Illinois or N Iowa. Win one of those and you'll be in, I believe.

Yes, I know but until we have that chance I think they still have to be mentioned. Long shot? Sure but stranger things have happened.

crunifan
October 7th, 2007, 10:57 PM

Don't forget Western Illinois. They aren't a push over.

Let's also not forget that Indiana State (yes, I said that correctly) actually beat Missouri State last year.

JayJ79
October 7th, 2007, 11:07 PM
Let's also not forget that Indiana State (yes, I said that correctly) actually beat Missouri State last year.

haha. I won myself some Fox River Socks for knowing that trivia.
(yeah, I know... socks, big deal. but I plan on wearing them to Chatty.)

MSUfan2010
October 7th, 2007, 11:09 PM

There is not a chance that Indy St beats us this year. WIU is our biggest game so far this year.

Tod
October 7th, 2007, 11:18 PM

WIU has one quality win, over a 2-4 SDSU, who plays them tough, but can't seem to win them.

Not a pushover, no doubt, but like SHSU, maybe not the team that most thought they'd be?

JALMOND
October 7th, 2007, 11:27 PM

This was the original quote. With the S Illinois game in two weeks I'd say win next week AND the following week and everyone will be talking. Whether you beat W Illinois really has no bearing, other than you need to win it. Bottom line you need 7 DI wins and one of them has to be either S Illinois or N Iowa. Lose to both and you only have 6 DI wins, assuming you win against W Illinois, Indiana State and SE Missouri. The Rolla win does not help you.

Two wins in the next two weeks and people will be talking.

Uncle Buck
October 7th, 2007, 11:59 PM
I'll go with these picks. How about Hofstra though?

Hey, we're just happy to be mentioned in a post, any post for that matter. xthumbsupx