PDA

View Full Version : Has Bobby Hauck Lost Control of the Griz?

AZGrizFan
October 7th, 2007, 10:07 AM
With all the off-field issues that have been well documented, and now continual ON-field issues (penalties, poor play, unsportsmanlike play, stupid play)....I'm beginning to wonder if BH hasn't completely lost this team.

19 starters back, they should be blowing teams OUT. And yet, we seem to struggle to win each and every game. We got WORKED by Eastern yesterday, and got damned lucky to get out of Wa/Griz with our record intact. I mean, we beat Eastern 33-17 last year IN CHENY!!! We won't get that lucky every week.

The Griz keep winning, but they keep dropping in my poll. http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/images/smilies/crybaby.gif http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/images/smilies/crybaby.gif http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/images/smilies/crybaby.gif http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/images/smilies/crybaby.gif http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/images/smilies/crybaby.gif http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/images/smilies/crybaby.gif

Proud Griz Man
October 7th, 2007, 10:18 AM
With all the off-field issues that have been well documented, and now continual ON-field issues (penalties, poor play, unsportsmanlike play, stupid play)....I'm beginning to wonder if BH hasn't completely lost this team.

19 starters back, they should be blowing teams OUT. And yet, we seem to struggle to win each and every game. We got WORKED by Eastern yesterday, and got damned lucky to get out of Wa/Griz with our record intact. I mean, we beat Eastern 33-17 last year IN CHENY!!! We won't get that lucky every week.

The Griz keep winning, but they keep dropping in my poll. http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/images/smilies/crybaby.gif http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/images/smilies/crybaby.gif http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/images/smilies/crybaby.gif http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/images/smilies/crybaby.gif http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/images/smilies/crybaby.gif http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/images/smilies/crybaby.gif

Some Griz fans routinely expect 20-point victories. xwhistlex

Keep in mind EWU soundly beat Montana in Missoula two years ago. xreadx xcoffeex

bcrawf
October 7th, 2007, 10:26 AM
Two years ago EWU also had Meyer and Kimble...

Proud Griz Man
October 7th, 2007, 10:59 AM
Two years ago EWU also had Meyer and Kimble...

Meyer was a great QB. This EWU quarterback (only a Sophomore) is very good too. EWU's offensive line gave him good protection and he made good reads and found the receiver in the seam of the zone.

Green26
October 7th, 2007, 11:35 AM
No is the answer to your question and misleading thread title, AZGriz.

Hauck is a better disciplinian than, and has better control of the team, than most college football coaches.

The off-field problems are over-hyped. First, there have been very few off-field problems in Hauck's 5 years. In the past off-season, there have been matters involving 4 players. One is the arrest for murder in Ca. One involves a kid who was just acquitted of the charge of throwing a beer bottle from a car behind a bar in the wee hours of the morning. The other involves an allegation of domestic abuse involving a gun, but my guess is that one, or the serious part of it, will also go away. The 4th was a DUI arrest. The player had a two-game suspension.

UM had very few penalties in the first 3 games, but had more than 10 the past 2 games. Those were unfortunate and hurt UM. However, the opposing team has more penalties in each of those game. Have the opposing coachess lost control of their teams?

In the Weber game, there was an unfortunate chop block which resulted in a serious injury. The word is that the player who went low was expecting the player up high, to release and block someone else. In that game, Weber had more chop blocks, all uncalled, than UM. Two of the worst ones by Weber were sent to the league office, and apparently the league said they should have been called. There were one or two other ones by Weber too.

I am not aware of any unsportsmanlike play this season, if the chop block is disregarded.

As for poor play (your view, not necessarily mine), what does that have to do with the coach's control of the team? UM is undefeated, tied for 1st in the conference, and has had 2 great comeback wins. While convicing wins can be the hallmark of a great team; perservance, overcoming adversity, and comeback wins are equally as important. Coach Hauck likes his team to be hitting on cylinders by November, and works not to have them peak too soon. The team has the time and potential to that, in my view. Maybe they will and maybe they won't--but that's what great about sport and why they play the games.

DuckDuckGriz
October 7th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Like I said earlier -- would you rather us peak right now and be clicking on all cylinders or get to that point come playoff time? I'd like this team to experience adversity early so they can learn from it and it helps them down the road.

Some of the best teams in Griz history have struggled early, or weren't quite "blowing people out." Look at 2001 -- we barely won at conference cellar dweller Idaho State that year, beat Eastern at home, even let a crappy Idaho team almost knock us off. Or 2004 -- we got spanked at SHSU, lost at PSU, etc. These teams didn't hit their stride until late in the season and had doubters the whole way, eerily reminiscent of this situation.

The only thing I wish I could change is the #1 ranking. We don't deserve it right now and it doesn't do anything but make teams more motivated to beat us. Other than that, we're sittin pretty xwhistlex

mvemjsunpx
October 7th, 2007, 04:26 PM

Eastern Washington is a much better team than they were last year; all those talented Freshman are now Sophomores.

The off-the-field issues were more isolated incidents. And besides, nobody's been convicted of anything yet (Qwenton Freeman was actually acquitted of misdemeanor assault).

The Griz have actually been much better not getting penalized than they were last year.

Remember, how a team looks in the regular season doesn't mean much. The 1995 Griz barely looked like a playoff team (9-2 w/ 3 DII wins; gave up 55 in a loss to Idaho) & then they won the title. Close game experience is also valuable. Remember what happened to dominant-looking Southern Illinois & Georgia Southern in 2004?

AZGrizFan
October 7th, 2007, 11:09 PM
No is the answer to your question and misleading thread title, AZGriz.

Hauck is a better disciplinian than, and has better control of the team, than most college football coaches.

The off-field problems are over-hyped. First, there have been very few off-field problems in Hauck's 5 years. In the past off-season, there have been matters involving 4 players. One is the arrest for murder in Ca. One involves a kid who was just acquitted of the charge of throwing a beer bottle from a car behind a bar in the wee hours of the morning. The other involves an allegation of domestic abuse involving a gun, but my guess is that one, or the serious part of it, will also go away. The 4th was a DUI arrest. The player had a two-game suspension.

UM had very few penalties in the first 3 games, but had more than 10 the past 2 games. Those were unfortunate and hurt UM. However, the opposing team has more penalties in each of those game. Have the opposing coachess lost control of their teams?

In the Weber game, there was an unfortunate chop block which resulted in a serious injury. The word is that the player who went low was expecting the player up high, to release and block someone else. In that game, Weber had more chop blocks, all uncalled, than UM. Two of the worst ones by Weber were sent to the league office, and apparently the league said they should have been called. There were one or two other ones by Weber too.

I am not aware of any unsportsmanlike play this season, if the chop block is disregarded.

As for poor play (your view, not necessarily mine), what does that have to do with the coach's control of the team? UM is undefeated, tied for 1st in the conference, and has had 2 great comeback wins. While convicing wins can be the hallmark of a great team; perservance, overcoming adversity, and comeback wins are equally as important. Coach Hauck likes his team to be hitting on cylinders by November, and works not to have them peak too soon. The team has the time and potential to that, in my view. Maybe they will and maybe they won't--but that's what great about sport and why they play the games.

Misleading title? If, indeed, perception is reality, it is very possible that Hauck HAS lost control of this team.

I wouldn't call murder overhyped. DUI's? Assault? etc., etc., and all within the past 4 months? And while the "charge" for Parks might "go away", does that make everything all better in your mind? I mean, he held a gun to her freaking HEAD, for God's sake....

As far as unsportsmanlike play, I think the chop block by Balough was just the visible play the brings it all into focus. Undisciplined teams get penalties. Disciplined teams do not, for the most part. And to get a personal foul for hitting the center on a punt...I mean, come ON! We've seen drive after drive break down because of stupid penalties....and drive after drive for the opposition be continued after a stop because of stupid penalties....It's relatively easy to not get penalties when you're playing easier competition....they've had to step it up significantly in the past two weeks (while at the same time starting to believe some of their press clippings, I'm afraid), and in doing so have seen the penalties mount.

And finally, I think poor play (yes, my opinion), is EXTREMELY indicative of a coach who has lost (or is losing) the team. Either that, or he (Hauck) is trying to lull the opposition into a false sense of security. If his goal is to not "get the team peaking too soon"....well, I say MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. This team doesn't look like it's anywhere NEAR peaking. xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

Proud Griz Man
October 7th, 2007, 11:33 PM
Undisciplined teams get penalties. Disciplined teams do not, for the most part. And to get a personal foul for hitting the center on a punt...I mean, come ON! We've seen drive after drive break down because of stupid penalties....and drive after drive for the opposition be continued after a stop because of stupid penalties....It's relatively easy to not get penalties when you're playing easier competition....they've had to step it up significantly in the past two weeks (while at the same time starting to believe some of their press clippings, I'm afraid), and in doing so have seen the penalties mount.

And finally, I think poor play (yes, my opinion), is EXTREMELY indicative of a coach who has lost (or is losing) the team. Either that, or he (Hauck) is trying to lull the opposition into a false sense of security. If his goal is to not "get the team peaking too soon"....well, I say MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. This team doesn't look like it's anywhere NEAR peaking. xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

I like your posts AG, just don't think we have reason to panic. Are the Griz dominating yet? Not yet. xpeacex Just wait until Lex gets more healthy, Mariani returns, EA gets going, and Ochs gets Cole operating 100%.

FCS Go!
October 7th, 2007, 11:50 PM
Like I said earlier -- would you rather us peak right now and be clicking on all cylinders or get to that point come playoff time? I'd like this team to experience adversity early so they can learn from it and it helps them down the road.

Some of the best teams in Griz history have struggled early, or weren't quite "blowing people out." Look at 2001 -- we barely won at conference cellar dweller Idaho State that year, beat Eastern at home, even let a crappy Idaho team almost knock us off. Or 2004 -- we got spanked at SHSU, lost at PSU, etc. These teams didn't hit their stride until late in the season and had doubters the whole way, eerily reminiscent of this situation.

The only thing I wish I could change is the #1 ranking. We don't deserve it right now and it doesn't do anything but make teams more motivated to beat us. Other than that, we're sittin pretty xwhistlex

Yes, yes and yes!xsmileyclapx

JALMOND
October 7th, 2007, 11:54 PM
Don't read too much into this mess. EWU it seems always plays the Griz tough at Wash-Griz. The Eagles seem to enjoy the fact that "Washington" is actually in the stadium name. For whatever reason, the EWU game at Wash-Griz is always tight, no matter the type of team either school has.

You're putting too much stock into what the easterners say about the Griz and the Big Sky in general. The conference is not a weak conference. Things can, and do, happen. Preseason, I could look at the schedule, see EWU was playing in Missoula, and know that would be a close game. Others that will be close I'd say are the NAU game on the road (maybe the toughest game for the Griz all year), the MSU game (really has not been a blowout since Saumuleson left), and maybe the PSU game. Since the season began Weber has shown to have a stingy defense that can stop other teams pretty well and playing Sacramento on the road will not be easy at all, either, especially since it is the Griz first road game.

Really is hard to see where a blowout could happen. UNC plays in Missoula this year, that more than likely will be ugly in a hurry and maybe Idaho State, but that is on the road as well and playing on the road is tough in conference, no matter who you are. Most teams are happy just to head back home with the W if it happens.

The Griz are doing fine, but there's no way the whole conference will lay down for them. The Griz will get each team's best shot, as usual, and they have to be prepared for it. Also, playing each conference game every week with no bye week anywhere means that the Griz have to be ready for each and every conference foe. Hauck will have them ready, but he cannot go out and execute the game plan for the team. Some games, he will be willing to accept a win for what it is...a win and nothing more. A win is not a loss, and if you win all your games, you're doing a lot better than most of the teams out there. Montana won their game by one point, Portland State lost their game by one point. Who's in better position?

Green26
October 8th, 2007, 12:46 AM
I must again disagree with you, AZGrizFan. I assume you are not around Montana and thus a bit out of the action.

In Hauck's 5 seasons, there have been very few legal problems involving team members. Of the 4 recent things, 3 were misdemeanors, and one player was acquitted recently in one of them. Three of the players were kicked off the team. In the Parks matter, there is an allegation that Parks held a gun to her head, but his friends have said he doesn't have a gun and that this allegation is completely untrue. In the Wilson/murder charge, Wilson, while in Ca., allegedly killed a known gang member who had apparently beaten his aunt unconscious with a hammer, and then unrinated on her. The weapon was supposedly an assault rifle, and it is not known publicly whose gun it was. How is Hauck supposed to control what kids do in the summer in Montana? UM isn't the only I-AA team to have a player arrested for murder in recent months. Also, it's one DUI arrest, not multiple DUI's as you said.

As for penalties, UM has far fewer penalties this year than they had last year. The penalty involving the EWU long snapper looks like a mystery or bogus call to me. Go look at it on the KPAX website. It's at 27:35 in the 4th quarter.

The UM team is very disciplined. Yes, they sometimes get some, or too many, penalties, but many of them come from playing hard and being aggressive. The UM plays hard on every down, for the entire game. This is one of the reasons they've won the last 2 games.

Grizfanatic
October 8th, 2007, 04:44 AM
I dont think the coach has lost control of the team... I think the team is just falling short of their potential... as for the legal problems? You cant lay that on the coaches, these "Kids" are adults and are capable of making their own desicions, whether they are good or bad.
As for the penalties? I dont think the Griz are doing to bad so far... The Weber games have become something of a nasty situation over the past few years and EWU is always a pumped game. I do feel that the chop block was cheap as hell!
Now before anyone jumps my ass for my opening falling short comment... We returned 19 starters from a team that went deep last year. With that comes high expectations and so far this team is not living up to those expectations, whether they are founded or not.
One thing that I have seen over the past couple years is a defined seperation amongst Griz Nation, those who complain about the coaching and want their heads and those who are satisfied with mediocrity and are always maing excuses for the short comings of either coaches or the team as a whole.
This year is one year where I think that settling for mediocrity and delusions is not acceptable! 19 starters returned from a team that made the semi's and barely missed the championship... It is not a case of "Peaking" or not, it is a case that this team should flat out wax teams like Weber, not win by 8 points, this is a team that should not allow a young EWU team to Hang 500+ yards on us... this team should be dominating the BSC, not squeeking by...
So with that said, this team has had its close games, its come from behind tests... it is now time that this team finds its footing and soon or it will all be for nothing. I honestly feel that the way they are playing right now, they could lose 3 games in the BSC... PSU, NAU, MSU... and if we do then no playoffs... and everyone will piss and moan, make excuses and HAVE to settle for mediocrity!

Peace!

mvemjsunpx
October 8th, 2007, 05:02 AM
Interesting Griz penalty notes:

- Actually, I was wrong, the Griz are committing more penalties this year than last (7.8 ppg vs. 6.6 ppg in 2006).

- However, Montana's opponents have committed more penalties than UM in 4 out of 5 contests (Southern Utah the only exception).

- The penalty differential is about the same this year versus last (-1.4 ppg in 2006, -1.2 ppg in 2007; negative is good).

- In both of Montana's BSC games, both teams have committed 10+ penalties.

MTGrizzFan
October 8th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Don't read too much into this mess. EWU it seems always plays the Griz tough at Wash-Griz. The Eagles seem to enjoy the fact that "Washington" is actually in the stadium name. For whatever reason, the EWU game at Wash-Griz is always tight, no matter the type of team either school has.

You're putting too much stock into what the easterners say about the Griz and the Big Sky in general. The conference is not a weak conference. Things can, and do, happen. Preseason, I could look at the schedule, see EWU was playing in Missoula, and know that would be a close game. Others that will be close I'd say are the NAU game on the road (maybe the toughest game for the Griz all year), the MSU game (really has not been a blowout since Saumuleson left), and maybe the PSU game. Since the season began Weber has shown to have a stingy defense that can stop other teams pretty well and playing Sacramento on the road will not be easy at all, either, especially since it is the Griz first road game.

Really is hard to see where a blowout could happen. UNC plays in Missoula this year, that more than likely will be ugly in a hurry and maybe Idaho State, but that is on the road as well and playing on the road is tough in conference, no matter who you are. Most teams are happy just to head back home with the W if it happens.

The Griz are doing fine, but there's no way the whole conference will lay down for them. The Griz will get each team's best shot, as usual, and they have to be prepared for it. Also, playing each conference game every week with no bye week anywhere means that the Griz have to be ready for each and every conference foe. Hauck will have them ready, but he cannot go out and execute the game plan for the team. Some games, he will be willing to accept a win for what it is...a win and nothing more. A win is not a loss, and if you win all your games, you're doing a lot better than most of the teams out there. Montana won their game by one point, Portland State lost their game by one point. Who's in better position?

great post...these people think the wheels are falling off the bus, yet we're still 5 and 0....go figure......

montanafan
October 8th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Hey AZGrizfan are you sure you are not an Northern AZ fan? You are beatting up the team your tittle says you are supporting. ?? xnonox

THE HERD
October 8th, 2007, 09:39 AM

What are the off field issues?? I didn't hear, did you have some players get in some trouble or what? You are right though, the griz need to step it up soon or they could be in trouble. You will still make the playoffs though, because I think that MSU is the only one left on your schedule that could beat you.....Maybe Portland St. but I doubt it.

THE HERD
October 8th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Never mind.....I had only read the first post when I asked that question.

Green26
October 8th, 2007, 10:18 AM
UM averaged 8.0 penalties per game thru the first 5 games last year. In the 5th game last year (EWU), UM had 11 penalties.

While the last 2 wins have been less than convincing, and perhaps below expectations, I wouldn't call them indications of mediocrity in any respect.

I don't understand, and certainly don't agree with, the above comment about mediocrity and settling for mediocrity (altho I agreed with the rest of the post). In fact, I think the comment is completely inaccurate and offbase. Neither the UM team (players and coaches), nor the fans (any of them), would settle for mediocrity. The program is near the top and in the playoffs for 14 straight years, and has won a bunch (maybe 9) conference championships in a row. Saying a close win is good win, or saying a win is a win, is not settling for mediocrity.

putter
October 8th, 2007, 10:20 AM
Hauck has not lost control. Was he in Cali with Wilson when the altercation went down or with Quinn when he made his bad decision? No. So saying the coaches had anything to do with these actions is a stretch at best.

I will put that Eastern offense up against any team in the FCS any day of the week. They were very good and will be very scary the next two years, like they are not now. The Griz made a couple of errors (kickoff mistake) and a few bad calls by the ref's did not help but we won over a very good team.

Move on to Sac.

Proud Griz Man
October 8th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Now before anyone jumps my ass for my opening falling short comment... We returned 19 starters from a team that went deep last year. With that comes high expectations and so far this team is not living up to those expectations, whether they are founded or not.One thing that I have seen over the past couple years is a defined seperation amongst Griz Nation, those who complain about the coaching and want their heads and those who are satisfied with mediocrity and are always maing excuses for the short comings of either coaches or the team as a whole.
This year is one year where I think that settling for mediocrity and delusions is not acceptable! 19 starters returned from a team that made the semi's and barely missed the championship. ... and everyone will piss and moan, make excuses and HAVE to settle for mediocrity!

Please define mediocrity.

Ask around the FCS/1-AA world, and you will find that Montana is viewed as one of the best FCS programs. What is it now ... something like 14 straight years in the playoffs and two championships? There are several 3-2 FCS teams that could be called mediocre and aspiring to be like UM.

AZGrizFan
October 8th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Some very interesting, and heart-felt answers.

Perhaps I'm just trying to find a reason (read: excuse) as to WHY this particular Griz team continually plays DOWN to it's competition. EWU I can understand---they are a good team and have always given us fits. Weber, we should have blown OUT. I've become convinced that BH doesn't understand the concept of a blowout. xoopsx

proasu89
October 8th, 2007, 06:59 PM
[QUOTE=putter;681543]Hauck has not lost control. Was he in Cali with Wilson when the altercation went down or with Quinn when he made his bad decision? No. So saying the coaches had anything to do with these actions is a stretch at best.

Indeed. Coaches cannot be with these kids 24/7. Just as parents, you can't control every decision a 18 year old kid makes.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 8th, 2007, 07:37 PM

Perhaps I'm just trying to find a reason (read: excuse) as to WHY this particular Griz team continually plays DOWN to it's competition. EWU I can understand---they are a good team and have always given us fits. Weber, we should have blown OUT. I've become convinced that BH doesn't understand the concept of a blowout. xoopsx

One thing about the EWU game that I noticed was the QB and the receiver (Boyce) could not miss. They were just having one of those days that you don't see very often. The QB was simply Dickensonian last Saturday and there is nothing you can do when a guy is having a day like that. To pull out a win in spite of this was pretty impressive to me. But as far as what another poster said about mediocrity, I'll settle for it as long as we win.

JALMOND
October 8th, 2007, 08:51 PM

What I'm seeing during the season is there are two conference opponents that any BSC team should "blow out". My apologies to UNC and ISU fans but the Bears and Bengals are those two. Other than those two, I say just getting the win doesn't show mediocrity as much as it shows survival. How long has it been since any BSC team completely dominated the conference from start to finish?

Be happy with the two wins. Don't think for a moment that your game this week against Sac State will be easy. They have a pretty darn good team.

AlphaSigMD
October 8th, 2007, 09:19 PM
What I'm seeing during the season is there are two conference opponents that any BSC team should "blow out". My apologies to UNC and ISU fans but the Bears and Bengals are those two. Other than those two, I say just getting the win doesn't show mediocrity as much as it shows survival. How long has it been since any BSC team completely dominated the conference from start to finish?

Be happy with the two wins. Don't think for a moment that your game this week against Sac State will be easy. They have a pretty darn good team.

It also doesn't help its the middle of october and the Griz have yet to play an away game.

Just for question's sake, is there any other team who has yet to have played an away game?

EmeryZach
October 8th, 2007, 10:48 PM
Montana will be Montana. It doesn't matter who the coach is.

wapiti
October 10th, 2007, 03:39 PM
[/B]

It also doesn't help its the middle of october and the Griz have yet to play an away game.

Just for question's sake, is there any other team who has yet to have played an away game?

Good question???

DuckDuckGriz
October 10th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Michigan just played their first away game Saturday, but I'd say no one else.

Grizzaholic
October 10th, 2007, 03:50 PM
One thing about the EWU game that I noticed was the QB and the receiver (Boyce) could not miss. They were just having one of those days that you don't see very often. The QB was simply Dickensonian last Saturday and there is nothing you can do when a guy is having a day like that. To pull out a win in spite of this was pretty impressive to me. But as far as what another poster said about mediocrity, I'll settle for it as long as we win.

xbowx

mvemjsunpx
October 10th, 2007, 10:45 PM
Michigan just played their first away game Saturday, but I'd say no one else.

Actually, I read somewhere else that Rutgers also plays their first road game this week.

Proud Griz Man
October 10th, 2007, 11:46 PM
Actually, I read somewhere else that Rutgers also plays their first road game this week.

Posted in another thread:

When NDSU was in the North Central Conference, the longest trip was 930 miles one-way, to Greeley, Colo. And following a 1987 contest at Northern Michigan, the Bison didn’t play a regular-season nonconference game away from home until 2002.

xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

TokyoGriz
October 11th, 2007, 03:41 AM
I was raised in Missoula, went to Hellgate High (Had Troxle in gym, class 91) and have a U of M degree.

So I am a fan really.

But this is probably the worst team performance so far in the season that I have seen in at least 12 years.

Is it the Coaching? Honestly I am not sure but kind of feel like theres alot of wasted talent on the team.

For all you griz fanboys who say we are great you need to seriously get a grip. Reality is we beat some very pathetic teams (Albany and SUU and the div 2 Durango), then when we played some mediocre teams we almost lose (Weber E Washington).
This is not the way a champion team plays. And these games were at home!

If this years griz team doesnt pull it together we might well not even make the playoffs, and even if we did this pathetic offense and medocre defense will ensure a 1st round exit.

UNI, UMass, N Dak, App and most the other top 10 teams would beat the stuffing out of this griz team as its been playing.

Dont get me wrong I HOPE WE START KICKING SOME BOOTY and win it all.

I just have a bad feeling about the future based on the last 2 games. 1 game could be written off, but to then have such a half assed performace the very next game is a very serious sign of real problems.

mlbowl
October 11th, 2007, 06:45 AM
I just have a bad feeling about the future based on the last 2 games. 1 game could be written off, but to then have such a half assed performace the very next game is a very serious sign of real problems.

Oh....you mean like USC...struggling against an unranked Washington....then lose to an unranked Stanford. Season's over boys....pack it inxrolleyesx

Grizzaholic
October 11th, 2007, 11:20 AM
Posted in another thread:

xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

Don't let NDSU find out that you posted that.

GrizBro
October 11th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Misleading title? If, indeed, perception is reality, it is very possible that Hauck HAS lost control of this team.

I wouldn't call murder overhyped. DUI's? Assault? etc., etc., and all within the past 4 months? And while the "charge" for Parks might "go away", does that make everything all better in your mind? I mean, he held a gun to her freaking HEAD, for God's sake....

As far as unsportsmanlike play, I think the chop block by Balough was just the visible play the brings it all into focus. Undisciplined teams get penalties. Disciplined teams do not, for the most part. And to get a personal foul for hitting the center on a punt...I mean, come ON! We've seen drive after drive break down because of stupid penalties....and drive after drive for the opposition be continued after a stop because of stupid penalties....It's relatively easy to not get penalties when you're playing easier competition....they've had to step it up significantly in the past two weeks (while at the same time starting to believe some of their press clippings, I'm afraid), and in doing so have seen the penalties mount.

Just to throw my 2 cents in on the whole deal about Wilson. That's not Bobby losing control of his team. That's an individual who made a bad decision and will pay for that bad decision for the rest of his life. xnonox

NZNCRZY
October 11th, 2007, 01:33 PM
I was raised in Missoula, went to Hellgate High (Had Troxle in gym, class 91) and have a U of M degree.

So I am a fan really.

But this is probably the worst team performance so far in the season that I have seen in at least 12 years.

Is it the Coaching? Honestly I am not sure but kind of feel like theres alot of wasted talent on the team.

For all you griz fanboys who say we are great you need to seriously get a grip. Reality is we beat some very pathetic teams (Albany and SUU and the div 2 Durango), then when we played some mediocre teams we almost lose (Weber E Washington).
This is not the way a champion team plays. And these games were at home!

If this years griz team doesnt pull it together we might well not even make the playoffs, and even if we did this pathetic offense and medocre defense will ensure a 1st round exit.

UNI, UMass, N Dak, App and most the other top 10 teams would beat the stuffing out of this griz team as its been playing.

Dont get me wrong I HOPE WE START KICKING SOME BOOTY and win it all.

Take a look at past championship teams. You will see almost every team struggled with unranked, so-called “mediocre” teams on their way to the NC game. It happens very year, it happens every year with the Griz but they manage to go the playoffs year after year. Don’t start believing everything you read. I know some of the fans talking the loudest about Montana, their team almost lost to an unranked haven’t won a game yet this year team. It happens to the best.