PDA

View Full Version : Game Changing Performance

KiddBrewer
October 7th, 2007, 08:15 AM
Did Appalachian just lose a legitimate shot at the $100,000 dollar Pontiac Game Changing Performance. The USC-Stanford play last night might have done us in, and the media loves USC and their story. The play even got Appalachian back on Sportscenter, as i just heard "Move over Appalachian, theres a new David on the playing field, and the Goliath is USC." Right now, if the season ended today, which play deserves it more?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9Gqi_L6DAc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_LnLiv99Ys

appfan2008
October 7th, 2007, 08:21 AM
you have your david and goliath in the wrong spot but i heard the same thing but i think we still have a shot at it bc it is not voted on by the media! but the fans!

KiddBrewer
October 7th, 2007, 08:32 AM
ha yea just noticed my mistake

you think the millions of USC fans would vote for the play that upset them?

brownbear
October 7th, 2007, 08:45 AM
I like how in the play, the announcer says "Touchdown USC, I mean Stanford." I would think the Appalachian State play is cooler to watch, so I would think that's how people vote on it.

For this contest, is it best play or total game? Your App video is a highlight of the game, not just the last play.

MSUfan2010
October 7th, 2007, 10:24 AM
Its is going to depend which video they show. If they show this video with the audio, there is a lot more excitement from the announcers which I think says a lot. And bar none, this was the bigger upset. Some have said it earlier, Standford has just as many schollys as USC and they play every year. App St had 22 less schollys and had to be the first FCS to travel to the Big House.

DuckDuckGriz
October 7th, 2007, 12:02 PM
I think the App State play was much more exciting, and I still think ASU over Michigan is a bigger upset.

Plus - some of you might not believe this, but the radio call helps. App State's play by play was much more dramatic.

UNHWildCats
October 7th, 2007, 12:33 PM
two blocked FG in the final 2 mins easily gives Appy the advantage

catamount man
October 7th, 2007, 12:39 PM
ESPN is only calling Stanford's upset better because they still have egg on their face that one of the most storied I-A programs in Michigan lost to a little old FCS team.

Make no mistake, ASU's win is 100,000 times more special than a Pac-10 cellar dweller knocking off a fellow conference opponent. They are doing their best to forget about what happened in Ann Arbor back on September 1st, but thanks to the power of the VCR we can watch and remind them over and over and over again.xthumbsupx

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

AppGirl
October 7th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Did Appalachian just lose a legitimate shot at the $100,000 dollar Pontiac Game Changing Performance. The USC-Stanford play last night might have done us in, and the media loves USC and their story. The play even got Appalachian back on Sportscenter, as i just heard "Move over Appalachian, theres a new David on the playing field, and the Goliath is USC." Right now, if the season ended today, which play deserves it more?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9Gqi_L6DAc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_LnLiv99Ys

If that's the only thing they said about this game and App, they missed something kinda big. xwhistlex This means that Appalachian now has the longest current home win streak in Division I football.xbowx

And the ASU play was MUCH better, as was the win!xthumbsupx

FCS Preview
October 7th, 2007, 01:04 PM
How horrible were the announcers in the Stanford-Southern Cal game? First they call the TD for USC. Then they say they're going for the tie when it's already tied. Sheesh.

JackTwice
October 7th, 2007, 01:21 PM
ESPN is only calling Stanford's upset better because they still have egg on their face that one of the most storied I-A programs in Michigan lost to a little old FCS team.

I heard Ditka comment this morning that he thought that Stanford's upset was bigger than App's. I took it as a compliment for App and a shot at Stanford.

blur2005
October 7th, 2007, 02:06 PM
Considering that App State would beat Stanford by 20 points - Stanford's upset might actually have been bigger in terms of the actual teams players and abilities. However, due to the divisional difference, I figure App State's still should be considered bigger.

Peems
October 7th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Stanford was a bigger upset. Michigan is not nearly as talented as USC. USC just blew it, if they had gotten up for the game they like they do when they play big opponents they would have won. App. was the better team than Michigan. Stanford will never be USC, Stanford is a losing team! Stanford has lost to bad teams already this year! How do you beat the NFL team that is USC at home??!?! Stanford was huge!

Mountain Panther
October 7th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Stanford has lost to bad teams already this year!

They have? All of their loses were against ranked opponents:

September 1 No. 14 UCLA L 45-17
September 22 No. 13 Oregon L 55-31
September 29 No. 23 Arizona State L 41-3

KiddBrewer
October 7th, 2007, 05:19 PM

some would consider wofford to be worse than UCLA, Oregon, and Arizona State.....myself, however, would not.........xcoffeex xthumbsupx

WoCoTerrier
October 7th, 2007, 05:25 PM
I think the Stanford/USC game will probably be the winner. USC was ranked #1 in some polls, in mid-season. Michigan was #5 in the preseason polls, and hasn't been exactly spectacular since. Also, the bias towards FBS will probably influence the vote so much that it won't likely be very close.

Saint3333
October 7th, 2007, 05:30 PM
I think the Stanford/USC game will probably be the winner. USC was ranked #1 in some polls, in mid-season. Michigan was #5 in the preseason polls, and hasn't been exactly spectacular since. Also, the bias towards FBS will probably influence the vote so much that it won't likely be very close.

The fans vote I believe. So FCS nation and the Big Ten (other than Michigan) will likely be voting for ASU's play.

We may learn that USC is overrated as well.

WoCoTerrier
October 7th, 2007, 05:34 PM
The fans vote I believe. So FCS nation and the Big Ten (other than Michigan) will likely be voting for ASU's play.

We may learn that USC is overrated as well.

I know the fans vote. The bias I'm talking about is from the fans. I could be wrong, but I'd assume more FBS fans will be voting that FCS, considering how the FCS isn't really considered for the award, other than when they play an FBS team.

brownbear
October 7th, 2007, 05:58 PM

That's the same UCLA team that lost to Notre Dame