PDA

View Full Version : SoCon Week 7

FurmanPaladins4138
October 7th, 2007, 08:03 AM
Here goes:

Georgia Southern 23 at Elon 31 Yes, I said it.

Western Carolina 22 at Chattanooga 24 Western makes a valiant attempt at win number 2 but a last-minute field goal for the win hits the upright and bounces out.

Furman 27 at The Citadel 24 Another close one...

Gardner Webb 7 at Wofford 42 Blowout.

appfan2008
October 7th, 2007, 08:24 AM
and asu should take bye pretty easily...

much needed rest and recuperation for the mountaineers

catamount man
October 7th, 2007, 08:30 AM
Here goes:

Western Carolina 22 at Chattanooga 24 Western makes a valiant attempt at win number 2 but a last-minute field goal for the win hits the upright and bounces out.

Elon 31 Georgia Southern 27
WCU 31 Chattanooga 28
The Citadel 21 Furman 14
Wofford 42 GW 0

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Eaglesrus
October 7th, 2007, 08:36 AM
GSU 48 - Elon 42
Citadel 24 - Furman 21
Chattanooga 27 - Western Carolina 17
Wofford 35 - Gardner Webb 3

TheCatamount
October 7th, 2007, 09:36 AM
Western WILL win this week

OL FU
October 7th, 2007, 09:42 AM
Georgia Southern at Elon. This could go either way. I think Elon could do it and actually think they should, but something tells me GSU will pull this one out.

Western Carolina at Chattanooga - Another one that could go either way, in this case I will pick the home team

Furman at The Citadel - I rarely pick against my team ( in a public forum) but I didn't see anything that tells me Furman will win this one. Our defense seemed to pick up the intensity and assuming that will continue they might keep us in the game. But we have had 20? turnovers this year and that trend is not slowing down. The rivaly keeps it close, but The Citadel winsxbawlingx Hoping I am wrong

Gardner Webb at Wofford - Easy one. Wofford big

blueballs
October 7th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Elon will not hold GSU under 35 points... now they may score enough to win but they won't stop GSU to that extent.

I think GSU defeats Elon in a close game, UTC defeats WCU by two scores, El Cid gets by FU in a game that could go either way. Wofford wins by at least 3 scores over GWU.

PaladinFan
October 7th, 2007, 10:03 AM
GSU wins a shootout against Elon

Furman clips The Citadel in a defensive struggle

UTC gets by Western

Wofford rolls over GWU

walliver
October 7th, 2007, 10:13 AM
Elon vs. GSU - GSU seems to put a different team on the field every week so this could go either way. I suspect they will bring the "A" tem: GSU 42 - Elon 31

Furman vs. Citadel - I usually pull for the horses in the game, but, it seems Citadel has the better team this year. The Other Dogs beat the Horses 35-21

Western vs. Chattanooga - UTC by a touchdown

Gardner-Webb vs. Wofford - probably not as big a win as most expect - Wofford 35 -17

Eyes of Old Main
October 7th, 2007, 10:34 AM
GSU over Elon.
The Citadel over Furman.
Western Carolina over Chattanooga.
Wofford over G-W.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 7th, 2007, 10:57 AM
GSU @ Elon - this game scares me because I don't know how motivated or focused our team is going to be. Elon played ASU real tough until App. had a 28 point burst in the 4th quarter. I'm going to go with the optimistic homer vote and say we win 56-48.

Furman @ The Citadel - A low-scoring game here. At Paladin Stadium I'd consider picking Furman but I think The Citadel is the better team and should win. The Citdael - 21, Furman - 10.

Western @ UTC - after seeing both teams play and taking into account how bad GSU played against UTC, I think UTC has the better team and will get the win. UTC - 31 Western - 21

Wofford @ Gardern-Webb - It'll be closer than people think, but not that close. Wofford - 35, GWU - 14

ASU - off, and spending two long weeks to plot a strategy against Jayson Foster and the running-back legion of doom.

gophoenix
October 7th, 2007, 11:47 AM
GSU 48 - Elon 42
Citadel 24 - Furman 21
Chattanooga 27 - Western Carolina 17
Wofford 35 - Gardner Webb 3

Not saying I agree with the Elon prediction here. But I have a feeling both teams are going to be in the 40s for points, if not more. All our starting LBs are out hurt right now, as is the center and starting tailback.

Elon and GSU have shown that neither can really stop anyone descent from scoring. It'll be an offensive shootout.

ElonPride
October 7th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Not saying I agree with the Elon prediction here. But I have a feeling both teams are going to be in the 40s for points, if not more. All our starting LBs are out hurt right now, as is the center and starting tailback.

Elon and GSU have shown that neither can really stop anyone descent from scoring. It'll be an offensive shootout.

Elon sure didn't let USF score very much, and I'd say they're a pretty decent team!

The last couple of weeks, the D has been pretty banged up. From what I can tell, we started our 2nd string LB core versus WCU. We also had key players, like Ludwig, playing hurt. I hope these guys can get nursed back to health.

youwouldno
October 7th, 2007, 12:04 PM
Elon 45 - GSU 38

UTC 20 - WCU 17

Wofford 48 - GW 9

El Cid 38 - FU 16

GSUhooligan
October 7th, 2007, 12:10 PM
GSU 48-35

UTC 27-24

Wofford 52-10

A Citadel 33-17

KiddBrewer
October 7th, 2007, 12:14 PM
App will pull it out against the Bye University Cycles....its week 8 that I'm lookin forward to......Overheard Jerry Moore discussing the top secret classified Jayson Project......

gophoenix
October 7th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Elon sure didn't let USF score very much, and I'd say they're a pretty decent team!

The last couple of weeks, the D has been pretty banged up. From what I can tell, we started our 2nd string LB core versus WCU. We also had key players, like Ludwig, playing hurt. I hope these guys can get nursed back to health.

We did and we held Liberty to near nothing too. But that was a healthy Defense then. Right now we have 5 starters out between the DL and LB spots combined. We are not at the level of those first few games now.

SoccerSmells
October 7th, 2007, 02:12 PM
WCU v. UTC - Mocs win a nailbiter, 31-28
Furman v. Citadel - Bulldogs win 21-20
Elon v. Georgia Southern - Jayson Foster 28, Firebirds 17
Wofford v. Gardner-Webb - Terriers 59, GW 0

Eaglesrus
October 7th, 2007, 03:38 PM

Maybe y'all will be healthier, but didn't you give up 36 to Western Carolina yesterday?

GSUhooligan
October 7th, 2007, 04:05 PM
We did and we held Liberty to near nothing too. But that was a healthy Defense then. Right now we have 5 starters out between the DL and LB spots combined. We are not at the level of those first few games now.

Thats some interesting information. Its hard to stop our ground game even with a healthy front 7. This may give us the edge.

The Cats
October 7th, 2007, 04:07 PM
WCU v. UTC - Cats win 38-17
Furman v. Citadel - FU wins 21-14
Elon v. Georgia Southern - Elon wins 48-36
Wofford v. Gardner-Webb - Wofford 50, GW 9

WCU LawCat
October 7th, 2007, 05:04 PM
I really think Western is going to crush UTC and will put up a big fight for the rest of the season. The WCU team that played at GSU is not the same team that played Elon with Hearns running the show.

catamount man
October 7th, 2007, 05:37 PM
I really think Western is going to crush UTC and will put up a big fight for the rest of the season. The WCU team that played at GSU is not the same team that played Elon with Hearns running the show.

I wouldn't say crush, but a 31-28 win sounds about right. All depends on Dandy Don's defense.

GO CATS!!!

furman94
October 7th, 2007, 05:40 PM
WCU v. UTC - UTC 27-17
Furman v. Citadel - FU pulls it out in 4 OT 31-28
Elon v. Georgia Southern - Elon wins 28-14
Wofford v. Gardner-Webb - Wofford 62-6

Saint3333
October 7th, 2007, 05:42 PM
WCU v. UTC - UTC 27-17
Furman v. Citadel - FU pulls it out in 4 OT 31-28
Elon v. Georgia Southern - Elon wins 28-14
Wofford v. Gardner-Webb - Wofford 62-6

I would bet my house that the GSU-Elon game ends with more than 42 points scored.

UTC by 14
Citadel by 10
GSU by 4
Wofford by 24

terrierbob
October 7th, 2007, 06:17 PM
and asu should take bye pretty easily...

much needed rest and recuperation for the mountaineers

With Edwards in, App. +30 over Bye U.
With Trey, +20.

Saint3333
October 7th, 2007, 06:38 PM
With Edwards in, App. +30 over Bye U.
With Trey, +20.

Don't forget CoCo.

ASU by 14 with CoCo.

woffordgrad94
October 7th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Two very good games to look forward to this Saturday in Elon-GSU and Furman-The Citadel

Elon-GSU: Should be a very entertaining shootout. Neither team has shown a lot of defense this year. The Phoenix will be throwing it all over the place, while the Eagles will be gaining large chunks of yardage on the ground...this one could come down to who has the ball last. I just don't know who to pick here...I'll say Elon 52-48, only because they are at home.

Furman-The Citadel: A great rivalry game in the Palmetto State! The Citadel is looking to rebound and stay very much alive for a playoff spot. But the Bulldogs' wins have not come against the best of competition (Weber International, Charleston Southern, Chattanooga), and I think Furman will go down to Charleston and get the upset over a reeling Bulldogs team by a score of 24-21.

The other games:

Gardner Webb-Wofford: The Terriers have finished up the toughest stretch of their season, but that doesn't mean the can relax. We now have a big bullseye on our backs. Everyone will want to give the Terriers their best shot and knock them off. And Wofford has a bad habit of often playing down to the level of an opponent they should defeat easily. Wofford gets the win, but it won't be quite the big blowout some of you are expecting. G-W will move the ball through the air some. Wofford 42-24.

Western Carolina @ Chattanooga: Another tough one to call. This might be both teams best chance at a SoCon win, and I really don't know who the better team is. Western Carolina showed some spunk at Elon Saturday in playing the Phoenix close, and UTC did okay at Arkansas, though they looked bad at home vs. The Citadel the week before. UTC is the home team here, but I still say western will get the win because they seem to have more offense... WCU 27, UTC 17

chattanoogamocs
October 7th, 2007, 11:14 PM
This might be both teams best chance at a SoCon win ... but I still say western will get the win because they seem to have more offense

Uh, the Mocs already have a win in the SoCon...I guess in UC's instance you mean another SoCon win.

I am assuming you missed the 45 points the Mocs scored in Stateboro

:)

chattanoogamocs
October 7th, 2007, 11:17 PM
All that being said though, I wouldn't be surprised if the Mocs laid another egg at Finley...they seem to tighten up at home and play much better on the road (ask GSU and Arkansas).

woffordgrad94
October 7th, 2007, 11:57 PM
You are right, that totally slipped my mind about Chatty winning vs. Georgia Southern. Sorry about that. However, I still pick WCU to win Saturday...just a feeling I've got. WCU is due a SoCon win.

Eyes of Old Main
October 8th, 2007, 12:32 AM
I agree that WCU has a good shot in this game. They moved the ball well this week and they seem to be very high on their new QB. At some point something has to go their way.

seantaylor
October 8th, 2007, 01:14 AM
Here goes:

Please tell me how in the hell Elon will hold GSU to 23 points after giving up 36 to Western?

ElonPride
October 8th, 2007, 07:12 AM
Please tell me how in the hell Elon will hold GSU to 23 points after giving up 36 to Western?

If Elon has veryone back to health, you may not score all that much.......that is, if we have EVERYONE back from injury that played in the South Florida game.

By the way, GSU should be glad they didn't see hearns at QB!!!!!

ElonPride
October 8th, 2007, 07:13 AM
I agree that WCU has a good shot in this game. They moved the ball well this week and they seem to be very high on their new QB. At some point something has to go their way.

WCU WILL win this weekend. Their freshman QB almost tasted victory Saturday in a close loss......he and the rest of the team are hungry and now know they can play!

SuperEagle
October 8th, 2007, 07:53 AM
If Elon has veryone back to health, you may not score all that much.......that is, if we have EVERYONE back from injury that played in the South Florida game.

With all due respect, last season may have been the worst offense we've ever had in Statesboro and we still put up 28 on you guys. I expect us to put a lot of points on the board again on Saturday. Now, stopping you guys is another matter. I expect you guys will score alot too. So I'm expecting yet another shootout from the Eagles.

gophoenix
October 8th, 2007, 07:57 AM
With all due respect, last season may have been the worst offense we've ever had in Statesboro and we still put up 28 on you guys. I expect us to put a lot of points on the board again on Saturday. Now, stopping you guys is another matter. I expect you guys will score alot too. So I'm expecting yet another shootout from the Eagles.

The question is containing Foster at this point. We seem to have major problems with mobile QBs right now (see Hearns, Elder vs Smith, Grothe). If we have Ward and Weaver back, I might feel a bit better. But this is the key.

OL FU
October 8th, 2007, 08:18 AM
A quick change of subject: If I have ever said anything nice about citdog it does not apply to this week. This week he is a knob bellhop who sucksxsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix

Sorry for the diversionxnodx

dungeonjoe
October 8th, 2007, 08:44 AM
A quick change of subject: If I have ever said anything nice about citdog it does not apply to this week. This week he is a knob bellhop who sucksxsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix

Sorry for the diversionxnodx
and his lucky number is 1865:)

OL FU
October 8th, 2007, 09:16 AM
and his lucky number is 1865:)

come to think of it, he is always a knob bellhop. just this week he sucksxnodx xlolx xlolx xlolx

SoccerSmells
October 8th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Wofford could hold their entire starting 22 out this week and win by at least a touchdown.

Appdad
October 8th, 2007, 09:41 AM

Ugh, quit bringing BVG up. I makes my heart ache for last years GSU players!!!! I wouldn't wish BVG on my worst enemy.

bobbythekidd
October 8th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Ugh, quit bringing BVG up. I makes my heart ache for last years GSU players!!!! I wouldn't wish BVG on my worst enemy.
xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

GaSouthern
October 8th, 2007, 09:49 AM
I'm also impressed Appdad!

OL FU
October 8th, 2007, 09:53 AM
I was kinda fond of Von Goiterxnodx xlolx

Death Dealer
October 8th, 2007, 10:21 AM
come to think of it, he is always a knob bellhop. just this week he sucksxnodx xlolx xlolx xlolx
I am so keeping my mouth shut on this one. xnottalkingx

Oh S**t, I can't stand it!!!! xrolleyesx Yeah, you are right!xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx :p

appstate38
October 8th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Elon 34 - GSU 31 Upset special****

The Citadel 24 - Furman 17 - turnovers and defense doom the knights

UTC 3 - WCU 2 - UTC with a walkoff homer in the bottom of the 9th

Wofford 35 - G.Webb 10 Could be closer than this but not by much.

blueballs
October 8th, 2007, 10:24 AM

UTC doesn't have a baseball program, so they lose by default.;)

appstate38
October 8th, 2007, 10:28 AM
UTC doesn't have a baseball program, so they lose by default.;)

xlolx xlolx xlolx I couldn't resist!

TheCatamount
October 8th, 2007, 10:50 AM
And Western Carolina is the best team in the Socon for baseball, so they would win by a much greater margin than 3-2:)

TheCatamount
October 8th, 2007, 10:54 AM
The SOCON had better watch out for Mr. Adam Hearns. He is a baaaad man

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/805/adamhearnsdi0.jpg

WCU wins big this week, 41-24

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 8th, 2007, 11:38 AM
Actually, Hearns did play against GSU for WCU...against the second-string defense. He threw three touchdown passes in the fourth quarter. I was really more impressed with Eddie Cohen, who caught all three of the passes and was open all day long.

And Chatty's offense is better than people think. They scored 20 on The Citadel at the Citadel, which isn't too much less than Wofford got against their good defense. Their defense proved they can stuff people against Arkansas. It may be a clsoe game, but I think UTC will take it.

OL FU
October 8th, 2007, 04:44 PM
http://furmanpaladins.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/100807aab.html

RJ Webb out for the season. Not good news for a sputtering offense:(

FurmanPaladins4138
October 8th, 2007, 04:48 PM

F like u we c needed more k help...

Death Dealer
October 8th, 2007, 04:51 PM

GDMFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!xoopsx xmadx xeekx xoopsx xeekx xmadx xoopsx xeekx xmadx xoopsx xeekx xmadx xoopsx xeekx xmadx

catamount man
October 8th, 2007, 08:11 PM

Dude, our game on November 17th may be for last place!xeekx xeekx xeekx

GO CATS!!!

AlphaSigMD
October 8th, 2007, 09:11 PM
GSU over Elon in a high scoring game.
UTC over Western Carolina
Furman over The Citadel
Wofford over Gardner Webb

Seven Would Be Nice
October 8th, 2007, 09:24 PM
GSU over Elon in a high scoring game.
UTC over Western Carolina
Furman over The Citadel
Wofford over Gardner Webb

I Agree, except I think Citadel will beat Furman.

I think the GSU game will be high scoring, but we win by 2-3 TDs.

walliver
October 8th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Everybody has picked Wofford ... I'm worried.

Actually I think we should win by 28, but these are the kinds of games that bite you in the *ss.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 8th, 2007, 09:50 PM

Actually I think we should win by 28, but these are the kinds of games that bite you in the *ss.

GW did well except for the one quarter where they gave up 28 points in the quarter. I don't know what ASU did to get four touchdowns in a quarter, but they played them tough.

terrierbob
October 8th, 2007, 11:26 PM

OK.

"GW over Wofford by 7".;)

Eyes of Old Main
October 9th, 2007, 12:07 AM
I was kinda fond of Von Goiterxnodx xlolx

I liked what we was doing with the program down there...

OL FU
October 9th, 2007, 05:51 AM
Dude, our game on November 17th may be for last place!xeekx xeekx xeekx

GO CATS!!!

Bite your tonguexeekx

catamount man
October 9th, 2007, 06:39 AM
Bite your tonguexeekx

I'm just saying.................xthumbsupx xeekx

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

OL FU
October 9th, 2007, 06:51 AM
I'm just saying.................xthumbsupx xeekx

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

me too bite your tongue:p

SoCon48
October 9th, 2007, 07:04 AM
GW did well except for the one quarter where they gave up 28 points in the quarter. I don't know what ASU did to get four touchdowns in a quarter, but they played them tough.

Simply finally did some good blocking and handed it to K Richardson 4 times. 4 TD's. Quite simple, really.
It didn't look all too good on the first play from scrimmage when the App QB (second stringer) lofted a bomb for a TD. xrulesx

Black and Gold Express
October 9th, 2007, 11:13 AM
GSU/ELON - who would have thought this game would be a head scratcher? GSU has a huge raid trip to Boone the following week, maybe a little bit of a look ahead? Elon's not a bad team anymore, they could legitimately win this game with or without that factor. Elon can't defend the run, and GSU doesn't seem to be able to defend anything. The over/under on this game should be 85 points. This would be a fun game to watch if you like offense.

GSU 49, Elon 45

WCU/UTC - Battle of the two worst teams in the SoCon. Maybe this game could just be skipped altogether... However, UTC doesn't suck quite as bad as Western does, and the game is at UTC. Mocs win.

UTC 21, WCU 10

G-W/WOF - Bulldogs are in for another butt kicking. Wofford rolls in this one.

Wofford 49, G-W 10

FUR/CIT - Furman STILL has not won a game against anyone worth a damn. Why should this week be different? The forgettable 2007 season for Paladin fans got a one week reprieve against a weak CCU team, it's time for Furman to either prove they are capable of winning a tough game or pack it in. I will not pick the Dins in any game against a team with legitimate playoff hopes until they prove they can win one.

The Citadel 42, Furman 28

OL FU
October 9th, 2007, 11:24 AM
FUR/CIT - Furman STILL has not won a game against anyone worth a damn

Not that I disagree with your prediction, but neither has THE Citadelxeyebrowx

PaladinFan
October 9th, 2007, 11:36 AM

Beat me to it.

appstate38
October 9th, 2007, 12:42 PM

Eagles... You guys had better be careful not to look past Elon to the Apps. Cause you could get your feelings hurt 2 weeks in a row.xbawlingx

BTW-- I stand by my upset special because I think you are taking them a little too lightly.

Eaglesrus
October 9th, 2007, 12:44 PM
Eagles... You guys had better be careful not to look past Elon to the Apps. Cause you could get your feelings hurt 2 weeks in a row.xbawlingx

BTW-- I stand by my upset special because I think you are taking them a little too lightly.

May I ask what you base that on?

GaSouthern
October 9th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Actually, Hearns did play against GSU for WCU...against the second-string defense. He threw three touchdown passes in the fourth quarter. I was really more impressed with Eddie Cohen, who caught all three of the passes and was open all day long.

And Chatty's offense is better than people think. They scored 20 on The Citadel at the Citadel, which isn't too much less than Wofford got against their good defense. Their defense proved they can stuff people against Arkansas. It may be a clsoe game, but I think UTC will take it.

I was about to say he looked like crap when you think about who he was passing / running against. Wearing number 4 in paulson makes him look even worse ;)

Black and Gold Express
October 9th, 2007, 02:13 PM

From what I have been able to patch together, the following seem to be true:

the Citadel has played everyone tough, including a very impressive showing at Wisconsin. They have clearly shown improvement this year.
Furman has been the single biggest disappointment in the SoCon, and their offense seems to think the turnover is a main staple of their play book.You add that together and I don't see why Furman should be picked to win this game. It is a complete shock that Furman has been so bad this year, but at this point in the season you usually do not make improvements without changes in major personnel.

I feel bad for Felton, this is not a good way to end a fantastic career.

OL FU
October 9th, 2007, 02:24 PM
From what I have been able to patch together, the following seem to be true:

the Citadel has played everyone tough, including a very impressive showing at Wisconsin. They have clearly shown improvement this year.
Furman has been the single biggest disappointment in the SoCon, and their offense seems to think the turnover is a main staple of their play book.You add that together and I don't see why Furman should be picked to win this game. It is a complete shock that Furman has been so bad this year, but at this point in the season you usually do not make improvements without changes in major personnel.

I feel bad for Felton, this is not a good way to end a fantastic career.

As I said I didn't disagree but your first statement was more "naa naa boo boo" than meaningful.

No doubt the season has been a disappointment so far and the win versus CCU didn't do anything to change my mind so far. However, there are still six more to go so hope remains so I will reserve judgement on whether we are the single biggest disappointment in the Socon. I mean after all the only team we have played to date in the SoCon is the BEST TEAM in the SoCon:p xrolleyesx

citdog
October 9th, 2007, 02:26 PM
As I said I didn't disagree but your first statement was more "naa naa boo boo" than meaningful.

No doubt the season has been a disappointment so far and the win versus CCU didn't do anything to change my mind so far. However, there are still six more to go so hope remains so I will reserve judgement on whether we are the single biggest disappointment in the Socon. I mean after all the only team we have played to date in the SoCon is only the BEST TEAM in the SoCon:p xrolleyesx

**** you FURPLE!

OL FU
October 9th, 2007, 02:29 PM
**** you FURPLE!

Call me in a couple of decadesxrolleyesx

Well let's make sure that citdog remembers the facts since he is such a scholar of history

Furman's score listed first

During our I-AA history

2006 23-17
2005 39-31
2004 33-14
2003 9-10
2002 37-10
2001 30-7
2000 33-7
1999 31-17
1998 24-25
1997 21-7
1996 35-25
1995 24-3
1994 44-52
1993 10-20
1992 14-20
1991 6-10
1990 30-17
1989 44-9
1988 30-17
1987 58-13
1986 39-14
1985 42-0
1984 42-14
1983 40-21
1982 27-0

Now if I count right that would make THE citadel 6-19.
Kinda knocks your schmeckle right in the dirt doesn't it

citdog
October 9th, 2007, 02:32 PM
Call me in a couple of decadesxrolleyesx

don't try and confront me with FACTS! i have never payed any attention to them before!

OL FU
October 9th, 2007, 02:36 PM
don't try and confront me with FACTS! i have never payed any attention to them before!

That quote is now safely filed awayxthumbsupx xsmiley_wix

appstate38
October 9th, 2007, 03:21 PM
May I ask what you base that on?

Do you believe Elon is on the same level as you guys??? As far as talent and coaching etc. goes??? We have all talked at length about how much better they are and the league as a whole. I guess there could be a tendency to think since you have beaten them before that there is no reason that it wouldn'txpeacex continue, and it may very well be status quo. But this could be for you guys one of those games that you lose because your opponent was a little more hungry for the win than you. ex. See Wofford/ASU. They wanted it more and we see the results. That's all.

appstate38
October 9th, 2007, 03:30 PM
BTW.... EAGLES!

Have you guys gone back to the flexbone or have you gone to something else? IMHO that is one tough offense to stop if run right....

Eaglesrus
October 9th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Do you believe Elon is on the same level as you guys??? As far as talent and coaching etc. goes??? We have all talked at length about how much better they are and the league as a whole. I guess there could be a tendency to think since you have beaten them before that there is no reason that it wouldn'txpeacex continue, and it may very well be status quo. But this could be for you guys one of those games that you lose because your opponent was a little more hungry for the win than you. ex. See Wofford/ASU. They wanted it more and we see the results. That's all.

So, it's just conjecture on your part? I'm not being sarcastic, I was just wondering if you had actually seen any of us say that we thought we had this game in the bag. With what happened with us last year and in the Chattanooga game this year I believe that we are well aware that history doesn't win games. Personally I am very concerned about this game, particularly with all the injuries we have right now and especially if the Elon guys that have been injured are able to play. Of course, it doesn't matter in the least what those of us that post on AGS think, anyway, and I believe that our team is as hungry to keep winning as any out there.

KJ Eagle
October 9th, 2007, 03:59 PM

We did...he drove better than their starter, but it was against 2nd and 3rd teamers on defense.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 9th, 2007, 04:39 PM
BTW.... EAGLES!

Have you guys gone back to the flexbone or have you gone to something else? IMHO that is one tough offense to stop if run right....

We usually do a one-back shotgun formation sort of like you guys do.

appstate38
October 9th, 2007, 08:06 PM
So, it's just conjecture on your part? I'm not being sarcastic, I was just wondering if you had actually seen any of us say that we thought we had this game in the bag. With what happened with us last year and in the Chattanooga game this year I believe that we are well aware that history doesn't win games. Personally I am very concerned about this game, particularly with all the injuries we have right now and especially if the Elon guys that have been injured are able to play. Of course, it doesn't matter in the least what those of us that post on AGS think, anyway, and I believe that our team is as hungry to keep winning as any out there.

Yeap just conjecture, opinion, whatever you want to call it I guess. Not meaning to say you thought you had it in the bag by any means.

BTW, Is the flexbone dead or can we look forward to its resurrection!xeyebrowx

NashMoc
October 10th, 2007, 08:48 AM
I am quite surprised that so many of you guys are favoring the Mocs this weekend. I know that WCU is down right now but the Mocs have served as the conference whipping boy for several years. That being said I do like UTC's chances this week. I think the Mocs get by the Catamounts in a close one. UTC 31 - WCU 27

blueballs
October 10th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Yeap just conjecture, opinion, whatever you want to call it I guess. Not meaning to say you thought you had it in the bag by any means.

BTW, Is the flexbone dead or can we look forward to its resurrection!xeyebrowx

The flexbone is dead at GSU, and it died a hero; paving the way to 8 title game appearances, 6 NC's, the two longest home winning streaks all time in 1-AA, the all time leading rusher and TD scorer, and one hall of famer (at least until Peterson is eligible).

GSU runs an offense now that will remind ASU fans of what you run.

Black and Gold Express
October 11th, 2007, 11:18 AM
But you guys seem to run a lot more QB draws than we do, even with Armanti back there. Or is Foster just giving up on pass plays early and taking off?

PaladinFan
October 11th, 2007, 11:35 AM
From the games I've seen on TV, Foster will do a lot of the read option a la App State, but many times he will just tuck it and run to the corner.

blueballs
October 11th, 2007, 12:09 PM
But you guys seem to run a lot more QB draws than we do, even with Armanti back there. Or is Foster just giving up on pass plays early and taking off?

A little of both, but he has seemed to be more comfortable in the pocket in the last couple of games- waiting on the routes to open up and not just taking off.

His passing has improved night and day from 2005 when he last played QB, and it is w/o a doubt due to the coaching of Hatcher and Gillespie, as well as Foster being a talented kid and pretty smart. He is as good a passer now as Chaz Williams (albeit his arm isn't as strong as Chaz) was in 2004, which for an option QB was pretty darned good. It is a shame he can't play another year for Hatcher, that would be pretty interesting.

Seven Would Be Nice
October 11th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Georgia Southern OVER Elon.

Chattanooga OVER Western

The Citadel OVER Furman

Wofford OVER Gardner Webb

ASUdrummer
October 11th, 2007, 08:25 PM
I'm excited and nervous about this lovely ASU/GSU meeting in Boone. Foster is an incredible quarterback but doesn't have the backing that ASU does in the offense. However, if our defense plays like they have they may be exploited a bit too much. This one just might be one of those "who scores last wins" games. (I pray our defense proves me completely wrong!)

ASUdrummer
October 11th, 2007, 08:27 PM
I realize I'm a week early...but what do I have to talk about this week?! As far as SoCon goes I'll join the wagon...
Winners: GSU, UTC, and Wofford

Game of the Week: Furman over Citadel