PDA

View Full Version : WCU vs Elon

The Cats
October 6th, 2007, 10:42 PM
WCU 36 Elon 38

Tonight WCU started redshirt freshman Adan Hearns for his first start ever. Hearns threw three TD passes, and rushed for one 11 yard TD. He was 21-41 passing for 310 yards, rushed for 73 yards(Western's net yards was 462). Why did Western lose the game? One stat tells all.... Fumbles-Lost (5-3). As in the GSU game, Elon was able to capitalize in the lost fumbles. BUT, I think WCU now has an NEW starting quarterback and no more of that stupid playing two QBs a game. Maybe now, with Adam Hearns as starting QB the rest of the SoCo will not expect a win against the Cats, but know they are going to have to work for it.

Team Stats
..............................................ELON .......... WCU
First Downs ..............................21.............. 25
Third Down Efficiency .................5-15........... 10-17
Fourth Down Efficiency................1-1............. 0-2
Plays-Net Yards .........................74-404........ 80-462
Rushes-Yds............................... 28-28......... 39-152
Passing Yds ...............................376............ 310
Kick Return Yds.......................... 33 ..............110
Punt Return Yds.......................... -6.............. 58
Passes ......................................31-46-0...... 21-41-0
Punts .........................................8-343.........3-106
Fumbles-Lost ..............................1-0.............5-3
Penalties-Yds ..............................9-73............6-46
Time of Poss. ..............................28:31..........31:29

GaSouthern
October 6th, 2007, 10:45 PM
glad we already played yall now! sounds like a winner.

ElonPride
October 6th, 2007, 10:47 PM
WCU 36 Elon 38

Tonight WCU started redshirt freshman Adan Hearns for his first start ever. Hearns threw three TD passes, and rushed for one 11 yard TD. He was 21-41 passing for 310 yards, rushed for 73 yards, including a 11 yard TD (Western's net yards was 462). Why did Western lose the game? One stat tells all.... Fumbles-Lost (5-3). As in the GSU game, Elon was able to capitalize in the lost fumbles. BUT, I think WCU now has an NEW starting quarterback and no more of that stupid playing two QBs a game. Maybe now, with Adam Hearns as starting QB the rest of the SoCo will not expect a win against the Cats, but know they are going to have to work for it.

Elon's D nearly blew this game, but came up huge in the end.

You guys certain;y seem to have a hidden gem with Hearns. He had Elon's D on their heels nearly the entire game.

gophoenix
October 6th, 2007, 11:23 PM
Western played a more complete game overall than we did. End of story. Playing 2 QBs a game is a joke. Elon did this for a few seasons and it totally kills offensive consistency. Hearns sounds like a good winner. But he was playing Elon's 2nd team LB corp.

To me, the telling states are:
Elon rushing 28 time for 28 yards.
Kick return yards (110) for Western.

We really stunk up the field today due to poor play and great team play by Western. Lembo and our coaching staff were out coached as well.

Congrats to Western. After the UTC game with Arkansas today, I just do not think there is an easy SoCon game the rest of the year.

catamount man
October 7th, 2007, 07:38 AM
My voice is still trying to recover from last night's game. What a game and dang, it kills me to lose like that. Congrats though to you guys and games like this are why the SoCon, IMO, has restored herself as the toughest FCS conference for 2007.

Good luck against the eagles next week. The Hearns era has JUST BEGUN!!!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!xthumbsupx

TheCatamount
October 7th, 2007, 09:31 AM
THANK YOU ADAM HEARNS!!!!!

That was one of the most amazing displays of athleticisim I've ever seen in my life. I can't believe how many tackles he dodged and avoided tonight, it was truely a sight to behold. He held onto the ball way to long on quite a few plays though and that really hurt us on the last drive.

* The 35 yard pass to a WIDE OPEN Joe Clark-Dear was awesome, He rolled out and then reversed the field entirely and hit Clark - who looked like he was catching a punt. The play had to last 20 seconds,

* The 11 yard TD run was AWESOME. He took off full speed and when he leaped into the endzone I went crazy!!!

Not to mention the countless times he took hits in the backfield and never went down and all the tackles he broke.

Thanks for the great night, even in the loss, Hearns. You are the fututre.

If we can get some option and rollout patterns for him - WATCH OUT

GOOOO WCU

WCU LawCat
October 7th, 2007, 04:59 PM
The boy just seems to light a fire under the whole team.

SoCon48
October 7th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Elon's D nearly blew this game, but came up huge in the end.

You guys certain;y seem to have a hidden gem with Hearns. He had Elon's D on their heels nearly the entire game.

He certainly is a horse, EP, and Malone is no slouch either.