Nich 58-0 NWST FINAL

Next Week's Games
Texas State (0-1) at Central Arkansas (1-1), Thurs
Southeastern Louisiana (1-0) at Northwestern State (1-1), Sat
Sam Houston State (0-1) at McNeese State (1-0), Sat
Nicholls State (1-0) at Stephen F Austin (0-1), Sat

bobcathusband
October 6th, 2007, 10:22 PM
Barring any further major injuries...McNeese gets the Southland crown easily. Was at the game tonight and their speed is truly amazing. There were at least 15 times Bobcat had the angle on a McNeese player and they just ran away from a group of our guys easily every time.

JohnStOnge
October 6th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Barring any further major injuries...McNeese gets the Southland crown easily. Was at the game tonight and their speed is truly amazing. There were at least 15 times Bobcat had the angle on a McNeese player and they just ran away from a group of our guys easily every time.

There was another thread where I was trying to tell people that McNeese has an unusually fast team this year. I know people always say that about their teams. But I really do believe this might be the fastest team, overall, that McNeese has ever had. Maybe not the best, but could be the fastest. Hard to tell. But they do look fast.

GeauxColonels
October 6th, 2007, 11:49 PM
It will be a GREAT game in 2 weeks down in Thibodaux when McNeese State takes on Nicholls State!!!! The Colonels were EXTREMELY impressive today on defense with 4 INTs returned for TDs. Yeah...4...all for TDs. I'm not sure if I've ever heard anything like that before.

Lionsrking
October 7th, 2007, 12:51 AM

I wouldn't say easily. There's still a long way to go and I know we match up with them pretty well. We can run, especially in the back end on defense and Nicholls can run as well. McNeese is certainly the favorite but we concede nothing.

slycat
October 7th, 2007, 03:25 AM
looks like the texas schools will be chasing louisiana and arkansas schools this year.

GeauxLions94
October 7th, 2007, 03:40 AM
It will be a GREAT game in 2 weeks down in Thibodaux when McNeese State takes on Nicholls State!!!! The Colonels were EXTREMELY impressive today on defense with 4 INTs returned for TDs. Yeah...4...all for TDs. I'm not sure if I've ever heard anything like that before.

We saw it in person against Northwestern State in 2003 in Natchitoches in an 87-27 blowout. Course most of us wanted Hal to start running the ball, but he kept chunking it and the Demons kept running them back for TDs.

Ain't Karma a _itch? xrulesx

blackfordpu
October 7th, 2007, 10:04 AM
looks like the texas schools will be chasing louisiana and arkansas schools this year.

Whats new?

TexasTerror
October 7th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Whats new?

That we have an Arkansas school -- now that UCA is playing a full SLC slate -- to chase! xlolx

slycat
October 7th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Whats new?

well the last few years shsu and even texas st have made deep runs into the playoffs and shsu came down to the last couple weeks last year for the slc crown. this year the texas schools just look bad. i dont think the bobcats and bearkats could have a good defense even if both were combined.xlolx

Seat16Demon
October 7th, 2007, 12:54 PM
I'm not sure what will happen, but we may need to borrow a QB or two from somebody pretty quick. Anybody got one to spare? All three of our QB's went down and we only have a couple of practice squad guys left.

Who knows how bad it will get?xeekx

Bearkats94
October 7th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Hell at the rate we are going maybe all of the Texas schools should move to the Lonestar conf. Wait they beat also, OK maybe flag football will be more our style.xnonono2x

blackfordpu
October 7th, 2007, 01:13 PM
well the last few years shsu and even texas st have made deep runs into the playoffs and shsu came down to the last couple weeks last year for the slc crown. this year the texas schools just look bad. i dont think the bobcats and bearkats could have a good defense even if both were combined.xlolx

Yes, a year here and there the Texas schools compete. However, in the grand scheme of things the Texas SLC schools have been schooled.

HPCAT
October 8th, 2007, 11:09 AM
Yes, a year here and there the Texas schools compete. However, in the grand scheme of things the Texas SLC schools have been schooled.

The truth of the matter is that over the last 3 years, TXST has won more SLC games than anyone in the conference.

That is not some off the wall unsubstantiated opinion, but FACT.

Whether what will be true by the end of the year, who knows ? xrotatehx

blackfordpu
October 8th, 2007, 11:34 AM

Don't count Nicholls St. out just yet. They are killing people. The SLC crown looks like it will stay in Louisiana this season, just don't know where it will go.

BayouColonel
October 8th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Don't count Nicholls St. out just yet. They are killing people. The SLC crown looks like it will stay in Louisiana this season, just don't know where it will go.

I am not sure if we are champioship caliber just yet. There are some pretty well matched teams in the SLC this year. Pretty much everyone left on the schedule scares me at this point. I didn't expect the Colonels to be sitting at 4-1 five games into the season. I figured 3-2 only if everything went right. We have what I would think is a hungry SFA team up next at their place. The year we won conference we lost to SFA. It was their only conference win and our only conference loss. UCA's QB has got to be a concern for everyone in the conference. They could be dangerous with that guy running the offense. If McNeese does win conference it still wouldn't surprise me if they do it with one loss. If we take care of business and beat SFA momentum could start building for us with McNeese coming to our place the following week. If we make a run it will be on the back of our defense shutting people down and our offense not turning the ball over. It should be interesting.