View Full Version : NEC Gets Jumbled Up

rmutv
October 6th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Standings with Albany still playing an out of conference game:

1. Wagner 2-0 (4-2)
2. Central Connecticut State 1-0 (3-2)
3. Robert Morris 2-1 (3-3)
4. Monmouth 1-1 (1-4)
5. Albany 0-0 (1-3 and leading Stony Brook)
6. Sacred Heart 0-2 (2-4)
7. St. Francis PA 0-2 (0-4)

It's still anyone's conference, but it's clear right now that Robert Morris needs some changes on offense - both in personnel on the line and at QB and in philosophy - if they're going to contend, while Albany just has to start their schedule to see how they stack up.

I still give Albany the best chance at winning the conference, although the Blue Devils and Monmouth looked good against NEC opponents today.

Seawolf97
October 6th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Albany and Stonybrook just a monster of a game.

Great Danes 24 Seawolves 23 Decided in the last few seconds.

Seahawks Fan
October 6th, 2007, 11:17 PM
Wagner 20 - RMU 13. I didn't see this one coming. Didn't think we could beat the Colonials on the road. Way to go Wags!

Defense Leads First-Place Wagner to 20-13 Victory at Robert Morris
Butler's Running, Brown's Sacks and Special Teams Heroics by Czech, Phillips Key Win

http://wagnerathletics.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/recaps/100607aaf.html

rmutv
October 6th, 2007, 11:28 PM
Wagner 20 - RMU 13. I didn't see this one coming. Didn't think we could beat the Colonials on the road. Way to go Wags!

Defense Leads First-Place Wagner to 20-13 Victory at Robert Morris
Butler's Running, Brown's Sacks and Special Teams Heroics by Czech, Phillips Key Win

http://wagnerathletics.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/recaps/100607aaf.html

No offense to the Seahawks, because they played a very efficient game...

But Robert Morris handed Wagner the game. A horrible game on offense, especially at the quarterback position. But congratulations to the Seahawks either way. At least they know how to take advantage of opportunities.

Mr. C
October 6th, 2007, 11:33 PM
Wagner is better than people think.

rmutv
October 7th, 2007, 12:20 AM

Wagner's going to be a force soon, but they should not have won today. If Robert Morris plays anywhere near their capabilities, they win.

Seahawks Fan
October 8th, 2007, 08:00 AM

You may be right. Our only loss so far this year was OT at Iona. We need to pick up the offense. Defense and special teams playing well. Piotr Czech may be one of the best kickers in FCS.

aceinthehole
October 8th, 2007, 12:18 PM
You may be right. Our only loss so far this year was OT at Iona. We need to pick up the offense. Defense and special teams playing well. Piotr Czech may be one of the best kickers in FCS.

Wagner is good, but we won't really know how good until they play UA, Monmouth, or CCSU. Piotr will likely be playing on Sundays next season (hopefully with the JETS) xthumbsupx

Monmouth rebounded well and made a statement - they are not to be overlooked; SHU will continue to struggle this year.

Albany fought off a rally by SBU, and I can't wait to see how the Seawolves fair against Monmouth and Central. Albany remains the favorite.

As expected, Central took care of business and wasn't tested; we should know a little more next week vs RMU.

footballguy7
October 8th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Albany fought off a rally by SBU, and I can't wait to see how the Seawolves fair against Monmouth and Central.

SBU beat Monmouth already.

Seahawks Fan
October 9th, 2007, 08:32 AM
Wagner travels down the Jersey Shore this Saturday to play Monmouth. These are usually close games. Should be a good one.