PDA

View Full Version : 3 TD int returns by <1 minute into 2nd quarter

JohnStOnge
October 6th, 2007, 03:04 PM
That's what Nicholls State has done to Northwestern State so far. Watching it on TV. Nicholls has three TD interception returns and also recovered a fumble in NW State territory and had a short TD drive off that. Score is 30 - 0 Nicholls State early in the 2nd quarter. And as I type Nicholls State just blocked a NW State punt but, fortunately for the Demons, it rolled 28 yards downfield.

TexasTerror
October 6th, 2007, 03:06 PM
How 'bout those Colonels? Definitely not the game the Demons wanted to have on TV...

What's the deal with the Demons quarterbacks? Are they injured or something? Heard Colonels radio crew say something...

JohnStOnge
October 6th, 2007, 03:11 PM
How 'bout those Colonels? Definitely not the game the Demons wanted to have on TV...

What's the deal with the Demons quarterbacks? Are they injured or something? Heard Colonels radio crew say something...

Starter threw an interception that was returned for a TD on the first series. Second series he hurt his wrist. Backup came in and threw a TD interception return. Later he was rolling out, dropped the football on the ground, grabbed his knee, and feel down. Nicholls recovered and got a short TD drive. A third string guy who wasn't on the roster the TV guys had came in for a couple of plays. Backup came back in and threw another interception returned for a TD.

Northwestern State looks awful on offense. I guess that's obvious. Not only the interceptions but the quarterbacks missing wide open receivers. I think they may be in for a long year unless this is just a highly unusual performance. Course they do seem to be having problems with Nicholls new turf. They're slipping a lot more than the Colonels.

They just tried a trick play on a reverse where the reverse guy tried to flip the ball back to the quarterback for a pass. Inaccurate pitch. Quarterback fell on it for about a 20 yard loss.

Just awful. This is one of the ugliest offensive performances I've ever seen. QBs couldn't stand in a rowboat on Lake Erie and hit the water.

TexasTerror
October 6th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Nicholls St has SFA in Nacogdoches next weekend...

Should be 2-0 heading into that game against McNeese State in what could be a very huge game as far as the SLC race goes...very huge game...

TexasTerror
October 6th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Montgomery, Nicholls QB, continues to have problems with his thumb. Just came over to the sidelines again in the middle of a Colonels drive...

Zach Chauvin is in at QB now. Montgomery doesn't need to come back in. I think the situation is comfortable enough where you can let him relax.

TOUCHDOWN, COLONELS! Chauvin's second play in the game...36-0 with PAT forthcoming...

BEAR
October 6th, 2007, 03:24 PM
The rout is on......xcoolx

Seat16Demon
October 6th, 2007, 03:25 PM
We lost our first two QB's. Adam Fayard is a true freshman from MS. The game is obviously over, but so could be the season.

JohnStOnge
October 6th, 2007, 03:26 PM
ANOTHER TD interception return. That's four in one half. Is that a record?

TexasTerror
October 6th, 2007, 03:26 PM
NICHOLLS STATE RETURNS AN INT FOR A TD!

LaDarius Webb! WOW! 72 yard INT return...

JohnStOnge
October 6th, 2007, 03:27 PM
We lost our first two QB's. Adam Fayard is a true freshman from MS. The game is obviously over, but so could be the season.

This is actually kind of scary because it's a reminder of just how bad things can go. Unbelievable.

JoshUCA
October 6th, 2007, 03:28 PM
WOW...looks like we played NW State at the wrong time!

JohnStOnge
October 6th, 2007, 03:29 PM
If I'm Northwestern State I start just running the football and the clock. Not another pass. It's just not a good day. A nightmare if you're a Demon fan.

TexasTerror
October 6th, 2007, 03:31 PM
I believe this record has been broken...

Most Yards Gained from INTs...
Game: 115 David Pittman, Northwestern State vs. Stephen F. Austin, 2004

This record has been tied...

Most Defensive Touchdowns
Game: 4 Northwestern State vs. Southeastern La., 2003

TexasTerror
October 6th, 2007, 03:36 PM
This column makes me look good right now...

http://collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=86760

JohnStOnge
October 6th, 2007, 03:49 PM
This column makes me look good right now...

http://collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=86760

Nicholls State worries me; no doubt. But Northwestern State has been playing really badly. My opinion, watching it on TV, is that those were not "forced" interceptions. They were just really bad decisions and/or poorly thrown balls. And the fumble that led to a TD...nobody even touched the guy. Nobody was within five yards of him. He was just rolling out and dropped the ball on the ground so he could use both hands to grab his knee.

I think if you just look at the physical matchup you'd say Nicholls State ought to be up maybe 10 - 0. This is just an extreme example of one of those "snowball" things where one team has made an incredible number of mistakes.

JohnStOnge
October 6th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Nicholls just came within 10 yards of another TD interception return. D lineman intercepted a screen pass and got it to the 10. They did score afterwards on the short drive. 58-0.

BigApp
October 6th, 2007, 04:32 PM
what channel is this on?

TexasTerror
October 6th, 2007, 04:36 PM
what channel is this on?

Cox Sports TV...it's a Louisiana based network with some TV reach into Texas...

AggieFinn
October 6th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Sounds like NW State flat out SUX.

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/e/e3/6000SUX.jpg

JohnStOnge
October 6th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Sounds like NW State flat out SUX.

Well...that's certainly true for today!

TexasTerror
October 6th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Looks like we'll have a 58-0 final in favor of the Colonels...

Great game, Colonels. Regardless of what happened to NWST, your team put on a defensive display. Usually, it is the Colonels offense that physically drains someone, but it was the defense today...

Seat16Demon
October 6th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Sad thing is that we lost all three QB's in this game. Branch had to finish the game on a bad knee. We will hope we have a QB for next week or the weeks to come. If not, we may have to get a couple of guys off the practice squad or out of the bleachers.

xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx