PDA

View Full Version : LaSalle-- Oh My

Dane96
October 6th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Seriously-- What is going on down there. They had a mini-resurgence and now they are just really...really bad.

I know IONA has improved TEN-FOLD...but to be beathing LaSalle by 35 after the FIRST QUARTER...my lord.

That program is on its heels...IN A BIG WAY.

Dane96
October 6th, 2007, 01:23 PM
49-0...not even half-time.

THIS...is really...really sad.

ccd494
October 6th, 2007, 01:25 PM
This one is my favorite:

http://goexplorers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/102806aaa.html

Background.... Husson is D-III independent, has had football for less than five years...

Dane96
October 6th, 2007, 01:44 PM
I remember that. Honestly, i hate to say it...but I see the writing on the wall for this program one day in the future. There is no way they can remotely compete in the PFL or the NEC.

The kids fight...the coaches do what they can...but the bottom line is resources.

Franks Tanks
October 6th, 2007, 01:49 PM
I remember that. Honestly, i hate to say it...but I see the writing on the wall for this program one day in the future. There is no way they can remotely compete in the PFL or the NEC.

The kids fight...the coaches do what they can...but the bottom line is resources.

The really is a joke. How did LaSalle get do incredibly bad? The even got crushed by a very mediocre D-III Ursinis Team.

Dane96
October 6th, 2007, 02:21 PM
I have no clue. They have decent facilities (not great...not horrible)...and are in the Philly area (nice recruiting tool). This has Drexel written all over it.

Mr. C
October 6th, 2007, 03:47 PM
Seriously-- What is going on down there. They had a mini-resurgence and now they are just really...really bad.

I know IONA has improved TEN-FOLD...but to be beathing LaSalle by 35 after the FIRST QUARTER...my lord.

That program is on its heels...IN A BIG WAY.
Having seen them play, it isn't that they are THAT BAD, it is that they have probably the youngest starting team in FCS. For example, four of the five starters on the offensive line are freshmen.

Mr. C
October 6th, 2007, 03:51 PM
I have no clue. They have decent facilities (not great...not horrible)...and are in the Philly area (nice recruiting tool). This has Drexel written all over it.
I was not impressed with their facilities. The stadium is worse than a lot of high schools. The "press box" is a tent placed over the top of some folding tables. The astroturf field is hard and like the old-style turf, not the new Field Turf you find most people putting in. The campus is in a REAL BAD neighborhood in North Philly. The program is run in a real low class fashion, too. The new coach seems to be making some in-roads to recruiting, but I not sure how he gets people to come to school there.

hvsader
October 6th, 2007, 04:35 PM
I was not impressed with their facilities. The stadium is worse than a lot of high schools. The "press box" is a tent placed over the top of some folding tables. The astroturf field is hard and like the old-style turf, not the new Field Turf you find most people putting in. The campus is in a REAL BAD neighborhood in North Philly. The program is run in a real low class fashion, too. The new coach seems to be making some in-roads to recruiting, but I not sure how he gets people to come to school there.

Little harsh there mr c. Was there this winter for bball tourney and was impressed with the urban campus and football facilities, student center overlooks the field...and enough with the "REAL BADs"...looked decent and getting better

brownbear
October 6th, 2007, 04:41 PM
56-3 was the final score. La Salle is awful!

Dane96
October 6th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Little harsh there mr c. Was there this winter for bball tourney and was impressed with the urban campus and football facilities, student center overlooks the field...and enough with the "REAL BADs"...looked decent and getting better

Like I said, facilities aren't TERRIBLE...but they are (the team)...REAL BAD!

56-3 to IONA?

Come on.

brownbear
October 6th, 2007, 04:50 PM
We'll see what happens next week as La Salle (0-5) plays Marist (0-6) in what is definitely the pillow fight of the week!

Mr. C
October 6th, 2007, 05:01 PM

Nothing wrong with the campus. It's nice, but when you step off it, it is a bad neighborhood. I did give LaSalle credit for making improvement. It just isn't showing up on the field yet. Also, wasn't this the Explorers' first D-I game?

Mr. C
October 6th, 2007, 05:04 PM

On my visit there, there were a lot of things that showed they were pinching pennies.

bison137
October 6th, 2007, 05:08 PM
We'll see what happens next week as La Salle (0-5) plays Marist (0-6) in what is definitely the pillow fight of the week!

Marist will get an easy victory.

hvsader
October 6th, 2007, 05:51 PM
Marist looked pretty good today vs Duquesne...opener in their new stadium, v impressive

Zoo
October 6th, 2007, 06:29 PM
56-3 was the final score. La Salle is awful!

Are you kidding me?

That is insanely bad.

Seahawks Fan
October 6th, 2007, 11:14 PM
Iona is the only team that has beaten us so far this year. They are really improved.

As for La Salle I suspect that they will throw in the towel at the end of the season. Where can they go?

Zoo
October 6th, 2007, 11:20 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself! xlolx

But I do see Marist coming away with a victory, and pretty easily too.

Mr. C
October 6th, 2007, 11:31 PM
Iona is the only team that has beaten us so far this year. They are really improved.

As for La Salle I suspect that they will throw in the towel at the end of the season. Where can they go?

That is not what I am hearing from North Philly. They have a bunch of young players and a second-year coach. They can easily play an independent schedule. They just have to replace three games from the MAAC. There is NO way I see them ending football before next season.

Franks Tanks
October 7th, 2007, 12:31 AM

North Philly may be the worst hood in america, it makes Baghdad look safe. I have no idea how u recruit there with perhaps the most terrible FCS team ever!!!

LeopardFan04
October 7th, 2007, 12:40 AM
The school is in a very crappy neighborhood...Broad and Olney, just a few blocks away, is one of the worst intersections/areas in the city...
As for getting rid of football: The program was just brought back in '97, after about a 50 year lapse...would they admit "defeat" this soon?

DetroitFlyer
October 7th, 2007, 01:12 AM
Why is it so difficult for everyone to believe that LaSalle is joining the PFL next year, along with Iona and Marist? It is not like this information has been kept top secret, it just seems as though folks do not want it to happen so they try the ole ignore it and hope it goes away philosophy.... With the three former MAAC teams and Campbell, the PFL will have 12 teams. There will be two, six team divisions and probably a championship game. As I hear it, the only hangup is wrangling over which teams are in which division.

I think LaSalle will benefit from being in a stable PFL. I have to admit that I wonder if they are not pulling a Saint Peters in that you field a team that is absolutely horrible and then use that as justification to drop the program.... I hope that is not true, and I expect to see them in the PFL next year.

hebmskebm
October 7th, 2007, 02:13 AM
It seems like teams like La Salle only want football if they can fund it for the bare minimum costs--- and with the increase in spending needed for PFL membership (routine trips around the country), it is very debateable if they are going to keep the program going without a change in philosophy.