PDA

View Full Version : What will FCS look like in 2008? Help me...

nwFL Griz
October 4th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Hey all, I'm looking for a little help and I'm hoping some of the regional fans can help out.

It seems like 2008 will be a fairly significant year as far as conference shake-up goes, so I'm trying to figure it all out. This is what I have thus far:

Big South Conference adds former Indys Presbyterian and Stony Brook.

NDSU and SDSU move from Great West to Gateway.

Great West add North Dakota and South Dakota.

Samford moves from Ohio Valley to Southern Conference.

Duquesne moves from MAAC to NEC.

MAAC folds football (?) Iona, La Salle, Marist become Indy.

Campbell adds football....Indy (?)

If anyone knows anything I haven't listed or a correction to something I posted, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks everyone!

AZGrizFan
October 4th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Hey all, I'm looking for a little help and I'm hoping some fo the regional fans can help out.

It seems like 2008 will be a fairly significant year as far as conference shake-up goes, so I'm trying to figure it all out. This is what I have thus far:

Big South Conference adds former Indys Presbyterian and Stony Brook.

NDSU and SDSU move from Great West to Gateway.

Great West add North Dakota and South Dakota.

Duquesne moves from MAAC to NEC.

MAAC folds football (?) Iona, La Salle, Marist become Indy.

Campbell adds football....Indy (?)

If anyone knows anything I haven't listed or a correction to something I posted, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks everyone!

You forgot the fact that Presbyterian, LaSalle, Marist, and Campbell are the four home OOC opponents for the Griz next year. xthumbsupx

nwFL Griz
October 4th, 2007, 12:24 PM
You forgot the fact that Presbyterian, LaSalle, Marist, and Campbell are the four home OOC opponents for the Griz next year. xthumbsupx

I figured Bison/Panther fan would point that out soon enough. xlolx

Seahawks Fan
October 4th, 2007, 12:40 PM
La Salle might survive for another year, but they could just as easily fold up after this year. I think something will give with Marist and Iona. They may go to the PFL or the NEC.

nwFL Griz
October 4th, 2007, 12:49 PM
La Salle might survive for another year, but they could just as easily fold up after this year. I think something will give with Marist and Iona. They may go to the PFL or the NEC.

Have you heard/read anything definite about this? I suspect the 3 will apply to either PFL/NEC as well.

Cap'n Cat
October 4th, 2007, 01:08 PM

Ya see, Z? Confession IS good for the soul!

xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

AZGrizFan
October 4th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Ya see, Z? Confession IS good for the soul!

xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

Question: would our SOS be higher than it is this year? xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xcoolx

walliver
October 4th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Samford moves from OVC to SoCon for 2008.

Seahawks Fan
October 4th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Have you heard/read anything definite about this? I suspect the 3 will apply to either PFL/NEC as well.

There has been much said about this, but nothing definite. And nothing announced from the schools.

Go...gate
October 4th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Still apparently some chance that Marist will end up in the Patriot, and VMI did made inquiries to the PL regarding all-sports membership, though the latter seems to be a dead issue now.

DetroitFlyer
October 4th, 2007, 02:27 PM
The most likely home for Iona, Marist and LaSalle appears to be the PFL. Adding these three schools and Campbell will make for a 12 team league. The word is that the PFL will return to divisions, ( six teams in a division ), and play a championship game. Reportedly, one of the major issues is wrangling over how the divisions will be divided up....

If the NEC receives an AQ, one would think that the Gridiron Classic might be gone. The PFL could simply play it's championship game and be done with it.... Somehow, the PFL champion playing the second place NEC team just does not seem all that exciting....

And.... If the playoffs expand to 24 teams down the road, do not be suprised to see the PFL apply for and receive an AQ.

putter
October 4th, 2007, 02:45 PM
I would like to see San Diego move up to the Great West. There they have a shot at the playoffs and will have conference games to show what they can do.

nwFL Griz
October 4th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Samford moves from OVC to SoCon for 2008.

Good info..thanks!