PDA

View Full Version : Former Peacocks

PeacockRaider
October 3rd, 2007, 10:14 AM
I recently found that Jerome Gordon last years Maac defensive rookie of they year has found his way to New Hampshire. Although not listed on the two deep, I can see him contributing up there before his career is over. Glad to see he is caught on to a quality program.

Question for the board, any other FCS teams pick up some abandon Peacocks? Not many had the opportunity to transfer with the rug pulled out from them so quickly, but there was some quality frosh last year. Anthony Bey and Dhamiri Wilson come to mind

89Hen
October 3rd, 2007, 10:16 AM
Question for the board, any other FCS teams pick up some abandon Peacocks? Not many had the opportunity to transfer with the rug pulled out from them so quickly, but there was some quality frosh last year. Anthony Bey and Dhamiri Wilson come to mind
Brings up an interesting question. Does the NCAA allow for a player to transfer without having to sit out a year if the program pulls the plug?

PeacockRaider
October 3rd, 2007, 10:17 AM
Yes, I believe that is the rule.

Death Dealer
October 3rd, 2007, 10:21 AM
Brings up an interesting question. Does the NCAA allow for a player to transfer without having to sit out a year if the program pulls the plug?
Another interesting question is does an institution have to honor scholarships to students who have committed to that school if they pull the plug on them in the middle of their college career.xconfusedx

89Hen
October 3rd, 2007, 10:22 AM
Another interesting question is does an institution have to honor scholarships to students who have committed to that school if they pull the plug on them in the middle of their college career.xconfusedx
I sure would hope so. xnodx

PeacockRaider
October 3rd, 2007, 10:31 AM
I believe they do, however in SPC's case we were non-scholly. All fb players were either on academic scholly's, track scholly's, or recieving financial aid (grants & loans)

PeacockRaider
October 3rd, 2007, 01:36 PM
Also found former WR and walk-on basketball player Raheem Onibudo on Temple's roster

downbythebeach
October 3rd, 2007, 01:46 PM
interesting topic

danefan
October 3rd, 2007, 01:51 PM
UAlbany has a few players that moved over from Siena after it dropped the program. Our best DE currently (Mark Sheehan) was one of them. Turned out to be a real good player.

PeacockRaider
October 22nd, 2007, 01:57 PM
DB Jahmar Reynolds @ Northwestern Oklahoma State, not sure what division that is.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 22nd, 2007, 02:03 PM
DB Jahmar Reynolds @ Northwestern Oklahoma State, not sure what division that is.

I believe that's D-II.