PDA

View Full Version : EWU v. Griz

kalm
October 2nd, 2007, 10:42 PM
Considering this game is at Wa Griz stadium, Eastern's injuries, and comparing the levels of experience, the Griz should win this one.

I know too much has been made of the Griz schedule, but I'm wondering how worried the Griz fans are in light of the fact (as mentioned on another thread) their opponents are a combined 2-14? Do we really know how good this team is?

ursus arctos horribilis
October 2nd, 2007, 10:49 PM
Considering this game is at Wa Griz stadium, Eastern's injuries, and comparing the levels of experience, the Griz should win this one.

I know too much has been made of the Griz schedule, but I'm wondering how worried the Griz fans are in light of the fact (as mentioned on another thread) their opponents are a combined 2-14? Do we really know how good this team is?

No. We don't know yet. But EWU's passing game is going to be a good test for us. Montana and Weber put an absolute Beating on each other so we'll see how it affects us this week.

SeattleGriz
October 2nd, 2007, 10:51 PM

I am not worried about the Griz, because I believe they will come out and play like a team on a mission.

What worries me more, is the fact that if there was any team that feels comfortable in WA Griz Stadium, it has to be EWU. Don't want to give them a chance to get rolling.

kalm
October 2nd, 2007, 11:02 PM
We've had our success at WGS, but no team feels comfortable there. I've heard that coach Wulff assumes a 14 point deficit before his teams even take the field there.

We have yet to run with authority up the middle, and with senior center Chris Carlson out, we may have to air it out even more. It will also be interesting to see how much we load up the box. PSU ran all over us and really controlled the line of scrimmage, so you guys may have opportunities down the field as well.

already123
October 2nd, 2007, 11:51 PM
If EWU hadn't experienced all those injuries, I woulda said EWU with the upset......But.....

Casey_Orourke
October 3rd, 2007, 05:40 AM
Injuries are all part of the game. Going into the EWU game PSU's list of injuries was a litany of key players. JG moved players around, filled the holes and those players all stepped up and won the game. EWU has the talent and the players to do the same to the Griz that we did to them.

Proud Griz Man
October 3rd, 2007, 09:54 AM

Why? Kalm, please go ask Paul Wolff if he is completely at ease this week because the Griz are disappointing some people. Did Coach Wolff give his players a day off from practice, because it is going to be easier in WA Griz stadium? Answer your own question. xcoolx

Seems bizarre to me that FCS fans are constantly asking about 4-0 Montana's strength. xoopsx

Ronbo
October 3rd, 2007, 10:03 AM
This Griz team is really 16-2 with many quality wins in 2006-2007. Think about it. With the returning talent and starters it's basically the same team as 2006. Montana starts a little slow every year and peaks about mid season. Last year we played an early season game with a crappy Weber team and only won 33-30 and we were hearing overrated then too.xlolx

eagle1
October 3rd, 2007, 12:47 PM
I agree that the Griz seem to start out slow each year but what impresses me the most about them is they always find a way win. Weber put the fear of g*d in them on Saturday but they still found a way to win. The Eagles played horribly on Saturday but still didn't find a way to win. I am not here to debate the Griz and their out-of-conference schedule because schedule or not most FCS teams would love to have the tradition that the Griz have and tradition alone wills this team to win. Should be a good game on Saturday and I hope the Eagles can once again rise to the occasion and silence the WA-Grizzly Stadium crowd just like in 05. To a good game and Go Eagles!!!

Proud Griz Man
October 3rd, 2007, 12:52 PM
Wulff is a good coach plus you had Kimble at WR and a good running back in 2005, but Erik Meyer won that game in 2005. xnodx

putter
October 3rd, 2007, 12:52 PM
First of all, Weber has a good defense which held Montana St. to 7 points but that does not matter.
The Griz will walk away with this one because everyone knows the Big Sky has not quality teams but Montana. xrolleyesx

Col Hogan
October 3rd, 2007, 01:05 PM
I'm pretty sure I would not pick EWU over the Griz at Wa-Griz...but someone is.....

http://www.footballgameplan.com/fcs-division-i-aa-predictions

Proud Griz Man
October 3rd, 2007, 01:17 PM
I'm pretty sure I would not pick EWU over the Griz at Wa-Griz...but someone is.....

http://www.footballgameplan.com/fcs-division-i-aa-predictions

If anyone offers me the Griz plus 4 points, I will glad bet them. :D

AZGrizFan
October 3rd, 2007, 01:33 PM
If anyone offers me the Griz plus 4 points, I will glad bet them. :D

All day long. xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

Grizo406
October 3rd, 2007, 01:46 PM
EWU have beaten the Griz at Washinton/Grizzly more than any other team...I believe its four times.

Its true, that Montana does seem to win when they shouldn't, but despite Eastern's injuries, the Grizo is more than worried about this one!

Casey_Orourke
October 3rd, 2007, 01:53 PM
First of all, Weber has a good defense which held Montana St. to 7 points but that does not matter.
The Griz will walk away with this one because everyone knows the Big Sky has not quality teams but Montana. xrolleyesx

Don't mean to preach, but to paraphrase Proverbs, "Pride goes before a fall."

Griz0383
October 3rd, 2007, 06:11 PM
It is starting to feel as though most of the FCS nation expects the Griz to loose when ever we play a quality team and seem disappointed when we don't. History has shown the Griz usually take care of business! GO GRIZ!

ursus arctos horribilis
October 3rd, 2007, 06:26 PM
It is starting to feel as though most of the FCS nation expects the Griz to loose when ever we play a quality team and seem disappointed when we don't. History has shown the Griz usually take care of business! GO GRIZ!

Listen here Trenny, You picked SUU over UND and said it would be a cakewalk. I don't want you picking on this game. the Griz can not afford it.

Griz0383
October 3rd, 2007, 08:00 PM
TB, I will keep me yap shut! thanks for bit$# slapping me I needed it!

ursus arctos horribilis
October 3rd, 2007, 08:05 PM
TB, I will keep me yap shut! thanks for bit$# slapping me I needed it!

And pleeeeaase throw your keyboard away as well before the ol' COT (curse of Trenny) kicks in!

Peems
October 3rd, 2007, 09:23 PM
Wulff is a good coach plus you had Kimble at WR and a good running back in 2005, but Erik Meyer won that game in 2005. xnodx

I still have nightmares about Meyer and Kimble:(

But I have wonderful dreams of Shane Macintyre blocking the FG in Cheney in 04' :)

GolfingGriz
October 3rd, 2007, 10:13 PM
I still have nightmares about Meyer and Kimble:(

But I have wonderful dreams of Shane Macintyre blocking the FG in Cheney in 04' :)
I believe in the griz as much as anyone, but I was pretty sure that the game in 05 would not be favorable. EWU was so pissed off about the year before and would not be denied victory that day.