PDA

View Full Version : ESPN2 Pregame Top 10 Review-"BC just got by UMass, but UMass is a former 1-AA team".

KAUMASS
October 2nd, 2007, 07:00 PM
5 minutes ago...
ESPN2 Pregame of Marshall/Memphis-These guys have no clue. They just reviewed BC's games year to date and Trevor Matich said "they just got by UMass Saturday, but UMass is a former 1-AA team". WTF? Do some research b4 you go on National pregrame t.v. I am going to fire them an email. THe other guy is Joe something. Most of the AGS'rs here could do a better job than these guys. THese guys get paid for this?

woffordgrad94
October 2nd, 2007, 07:05 PM
I agree. Why do these jerks think every one not in a BCS conference sucks? The ASU-Michigan game taught them NOTHING! Will they ever learn?

JayJ79
October 2nd, 2007, 07:16 PM
technically, UMass is a former I-AA team. They are now an FCS team (as there is no "I-AA" at the present time officially)

walliver
October 2nd, 2007, 07:18 PM
Actually, UMass is a "former I-AA team" that is now a "FCS" team.xnodx

Now that we're FCS we're all big time.xlolx

To be honest, I like the I-AA better than FCS. Be careful, though, there are some hardcore purists here who get very upset when you type 1-AA instead of I-AA

EKU05
October 2nd, 2007, 07:35 PM
technically, UMass is a former I-AA team. They are now an FCS team (as there is no "I-AA" at the present time officially)

I'm pretty sure that's what he was trying to say...it was definitely phrased poorly though.

KAUMASS
October 2nd, 2007, 07:46 PM
I'm pretty sure that's what he was trying to say...it was definitely phrased poorly though.

It almost sounded like he was trying to say they had moved up to FBS. If he had meant to say FCS there are still no excuses. Whatever he meant, I agree it came out poorly.

JayJ79
October 2nd, 2007, 08:00 PM
To be honest, I like the I-AA better than FCS.

Me too, me too. And I'm pretty sure most I-AA coaches and fans prefer the former name as well. So I think the NCAA should change it back.

It isn't like the name change is really acheiving its purpose. The mass media (and BCS fans) are just as ignorant, no matter what it is called.

I do like the playoffs/championship being called the NCAA Division I Championship (because that is what it is). Though of course, the mass media/etc. will still insert the "I-AA" into it, even if it isn't in the title.

EmeryZach
October 2nd, 2007, 10:12 PM
Atleast they said something about us.