PDA

View Full Version : NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP TICKETS

appmountaineermaniac
October 2nd, 2007, 09:15 AM
They started to go on sale October 1st and I looked today and they are being purchased very quickly. Id think its a good idea to buy them now and sell them later if your team doesnt make it to the final.

GannonFan
October 2nd, 2007, 09:22 AM
Well, the schools participating will still be give an allottment of tickets so it's not that desperate yet.

citdog
October 2nd, 2007, 09:28 AM
JUST CALLED THE TICKET OFFICE TO REMIND THEM THAT IT'S THE CITADEL!xlolx xrotatehx :D xnodx xthumbsupx

appstate38
October 2nd, 2007, 10:21 AM
They started to go on sale October 1st and I looked today and they are being purchased very quickly. Id think its a good idea to buy them now and sell them later if your team doesnt make it to the final.

You also have to remember that the local population of Chattanooga really enjoy hosting this game and I wouldn't be surprised to see that those tickets are being purchased by local residents.

EmeryZach
October 2nd, 2007, 10:21 AM
Yeah, I got tickets through UMass last year and had 5th row on the 50 yard line.

minuteman65
October 2nd, 2007, 11:37 AM
What day is the game? I assume it's during finals again...

appfan2008
October 2nd, 2007, 12:25 PM
its on a friday again I believe like the 14th of december the date may not be correct but it is right around there on a friday night!

citdog
October 2nd, 2007, 12:26 PM
You also have to remember that the local population of Chattanooga really enjoy hosting this game and I wouldn't be surprised to see that those tickets are being purchased by local residents.

i doubt that considering the crowd at chatt last saturday

appfan2008
October 2nd, 2007, 12:29 PM

there are quite a few of them that buy up those tickets which is unfortunate IMO bc then there are less for the teams that actually make it

proasu89
October 2nd, 2007, 01:20 PM

I sat behind about a group of 10 locals last year. Local businesses buy blocks of tickets mainly to support the game and to entertain. Unfortunately the group I was behind was a little too well served and was only interested in trying to bait fans of either team. It got ugly when these adults, with children of their own, started picking on a 10 year old boyxmadx .

GGASU
October 2nd, 2007, 01:21 PM
Thanks for the heads up! xthumbsupx

With the early bird discount, I doubt I will lose much if App doesn't go.

I love being able to choose which seat you want...great website.

https://sabo.seatadvisor.com/sabo/servlets/TicketRequest?eventId=45585&presenter=UTCA&venue=finley&event=

walliver
October 2nd, 2007, 04:12 PM
I'll wait until the last minute this year.

The week before the Wofford-Citadel rematch in Chattanooga, there'll be thousands of ASU and Montana fans selling good tickets cheap.:D

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 2nd, 2007, 04:21 PM
This thread is funny.

patssle
October 2nd, 2007, 04:29 PM
I wonder if Sam Houston will bring a good crowd....I guess we'll find out ;)

mcveyrl
October 2nd, 2007, 04:34 PM
This thread is funny.

I agree, but I might purchase tickets and go regardless of who's in it. I'm only about three hours away and it would be a nice weekend trip!

ASU88
October 2nd, 2007, 07:19 PM
Last year they sold out and then came back a week later and sold about a thousand more tix on the bank.

Even so, there were guys selling tickets for face value as we were walking into the stadium 30-45 minutes before game time.

chattanoogamocs
October 2nd, 2007, 08:38 PM

Many more locals buy tickets the Championship game than Mocs games...there is a difference between what you saw on Saturday...die hard Moc fans supporting their disappointing team...and a much larger group of general football fans that want to watch the best two teams in FCS battle it out for the title...I know a number of people (non UC alums) that could care less, unfortunately, about Mocs football, but love going to the Championship game each year.

Point of interest:
Since ticket sales went so well last year to the general public (ever increasing support locally), the school no longer includes a championship game ticket in their season ticket package (you used to get one automatically, now you just get a chance to buy one in advance if you would like). If anyone is wondering, Mocs season tickets sales are usually about 1,500.

chattanoogamocs
October 2nd, 2007, 08:42 PM
Last year they sold out and then came back a week later and sold about a thousand more tix on the bank.

Even so, there were guys selling tickets for face value as we were walking into the stadium 30-45 minutes before game time.

You know, some people bought tickets early (discounted) and were able to turn around and sell them for face value on game night and still double their money (pretty smart...and perfectly legal).

Still a gamble though...you gotta hope it is a good enough matchup to sell out.

McNeese75
October 2nd, 2007, 09:06 PM
I wonder if Sam Houston will bring a good crowd....I guess we'll find out ;)

You better concentrate on bringing some kind of crowd to LC on the 13th xnodx

AZGrizFan
October 2nd, 2007, 09:22 PM
I'll wait until the last minute this year.

The week before the Wofford-Citadel rematch in Chattanooga, there'll be thousands of ASU and Montana fans selling good tickets cheap.:D

There may be thousands of ASU and Montana fans sellin' tickets, but they sure as HELL won't be selling them to Wofford or Citadel fans....of THAT I'm sure.... xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Maybe UNI....Maybe UMass....maybe YSU.....maybe JMU.....hell, maybe even Wofford....but THE Citadel???? xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

AZGrizFan
October 2nd, 2007, 09:22 PM
BTW, I just bought 4, on the 45 yard line, 15 rows up....so everybody put me on your tickler if the Griz get eliminated..... xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

trouthunter
October 3rd, 2007, 11:47 AM
Why the rush? When Montana played James Madison at in the "Sod Bowl" the tickets we purchased through UM were in the FIRST row on the 42 yard line.

AZGrizFan
October 3rd, 2007, 12:07 PM
Why the rush? When Montana played James Madison at in the "Sod Bowl" the tickets we purchased through UM were in the FIRST row on the 42 yard line.

I could have had first row....didn't want tix that low in the bowl.

Let's just say it's a "commitment" that I'm trying to make to actually BE there this year if the Griz make it..... xthumbsupx

chattanoogamocs
October 3rd, 2007, 01:22 PM

Probably because the local tickets sales have increased quite a bit since 2004...which means there isn't an in exhaustible supply like there had been in the past to send to the schools (ASU needed many more tickets last year than Chattanooga could provide)...so I guess some of those fans worry about making sure they have secured a ticket in advance.

Of course, another sellout still depends greatly on the matchup...the closer the teams to Chattanooga, the better the chance.

The whole event has really grown with the locals over the last couple of years. And if anyone is wondering, those portable bleachers will be available again if necessary.

KAUMASS
October 3rd, 2007, 01:33 PM
Went to the game last year, bought tickets the following day after UMass beat Montana, but the ticket selection was poor. I just bought 3 with good seats now as I believe UMass has a good shot at getting back. (I am not predicting UMass will get there as 3 playoff games are tough to get through) If UMass doesn't make it, look me up as I will have 3. $15 a piece, that is a steal...

KAUMASS
October 3rd, 2007, 01:34 PM

Thanks for the heads up!!!xthumbsupx

AZGrizFan
October 3rd, 2007, 01:35 PM
Probably because the local tickets sales have increased quite a bit since 2004...which means there isn't an in exhaustible supply like there had been in the past to send to the schools (ASU needed many more tickets last year than Chattanooga could provide)...so I guess some of those fans worry about making sure they have secured a ticket in advance.

Of course, another sellout still depends greatly on the matchup...the closer the teams to Chattanooga, the better the chance.

The whole event has really grown with the locals over the last couple of years. And if anyone is wondering, those portable bleachers will be available again if necessary.

Unless it's Montana....then distance doesn't matter.

AlphaSigMD
October 3rd, 2007, 05:12 PM
Its always nice to hedge bets. I'd be happy to go regardless of who's playing, but I'd like it to be ASU. IF we win out (Which is of course an "if") we'd get homefield at the rock again...i like those odds.

If not, well, good tickets are good tickets. 10th row, 40 yard line. Even on Ebay, and we all know that UNI travels well too if there's a rematch!

AZGrizFan
October 3rd, 2007, 07:21 PM
Its always nice to hedge bets. I'd be happy to go regardless of who's playing, but I'd like it to be ASU. IF we win out (Which is of course an "if") we'd get homefield at the rock again...i like those odds.

If not, well, good tickets are good tickets. 10th row, 40 yard line. Even on Ebay, and we all know that UNI travels well too if there's a rematch!

Exactly. And I know this website that has a bunch of I-AA fans who might be interested in buying my tickets on the remote chance that Montana does NOT make it. xnodx xlolx

proasu89
October 3rd, 2007, 08:13 PM
Exactly. And I know this website that has a bunch of I-AA fans who might be interested in buying my tickets on the remote chance that Montana does NOT make it. xnodx xlolx

Yea, but you bought tickets to the FCS Championship Gamexwhistlex

Appaholic
October 3rd, 2007, 09:37 PM

Chattanooga people probably enjoy GOOD football....

igo4uni
October 3rd, 2007, 09:53 PM
It's bad luck to buy tix at this time of the year!!!!!!

grayghost06
October 3rd, 2007, 11:44 PM
Chattanooga people probably enjoy GOOD football....
...Your avatar is pricelessxlolx