Boston College 38
UMass 13

Delaware 42
Monmouth 7

UNH 48
Richmond 41

W&M 34
Towson 28

UNH is on the road vs. Richmond, for what it's worth. I think UNH has a chance just because they've matched up better versus the run than the pass. They need to make Ward beat them. Hightower is a beast, but it AT LEAST somewhat fits in with what UNH can KIND of do semi-well.

89Hen
September 25th, 2007, 11:30 AM
URI 24
Brown 17

Towson 17
W&M 21

UNH 24
Richmond 31

Stony Brook 17
Hofstra 31

UMass 10
Boston College 35

'Nova 17
JMU 28

Monmouth 7
Delaware 49

GannonFan
September 25th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Here's my picks:

Brown 28 Rhode Island 21 - URI came out swinging against Hofstra last week only to see the lead and the game fade away in a second half collapse. Brown's coming off tough loss to Harvard and this game, the battle of Rhode Island, has always been competitive. I just see URI being down emotionally after all these losses while Brown has something to play for still. Go with da Bears.

James Madison 28 nova 24 - Big game for both teams as both sit with only one FBS loss to their names. Game's in Harrisonburg, but during the day, so less of a homefield advantage than normal for the Dukes. nova looks good, but still some question a to how good their wins are (Lehigh and Penn - how good are they?) Plus the Maine win came after Maine missed a game winning FG as time expired. JMU's offense is all Landers right now and nova might be the first defense that can stymie that. Close game throughout with the Dukes prevailing in the end.

William and Mary 35 Towson 24 - Towson is reeling right now, and not just because of two straight losses. Injuries have cripppled them and they are leaking at the seams. W&M isn't going to scare anyone defensively, but even they may be able to get pressure on Schaeffer this week. And on the other side of the ball, W&M has plenty of punch offensively. W&M has won 3 straight against the Tigers, even over the last two years of mediocre Tribe football. I don't see any reason why that changes Saturday.

Boston College 42 Massachusetts 21 - BC is just too good right now and Ryan is a stud of a QB. UMass, while winning, hasn't looked great doing it and could see their defense shredded by one of the best QB's in the nation. And UMass hasn't stepped up well against FBS teams recently - losses to far inferior Navy and Army teams does not bode well against a better team. Maybe in a different year UMass could win this, but not this year. BC in a romp.

Richmond 35 New Hampshire 31 - Another bellweather game in the conference this week and again I go with the home team. UNH looked like a team playing its first game of the year against JMU, and then went to Marshall and shocked the Herd. Santos is still Santos and that won't change, Dartmouth got plenty of points and yards against UNH last week so the UNH defense can be had - and right now Hightower may be the hottest back in the conference. Plus, UNH was the first team to put a dent in the armor of Richmond last year when a promising season spiraled into disaster and a 6-5 finish. The Spiders look hungry and I think they shock UNH here.

Hofstra 28 Stony Brook 10 - Hofstra awoke from their slumber against URI last week to win going away, and they shouldn't see a similar letdown against SB this week. Game is a rivalry-type game with the two schools battling for Long Island supremacy. Hofstra has prevailed in each of the past 3 years and this could be the best Hofstra team of that timeframe. A festive turnout in Hempstead should see the Pride rack up another W.

Delaware 42 Monmouth 3 - UD answered the call last week and showed their stiff against the run defense could do the same against a passing attack. And again, there was no stopping the offense headed by Flacco and Cuff. Monmouth should present no obstacle as they are still trying to find a win after graduating much of last year's NEC championship team. UD should roll easily and be ready for the showdown with UNH the following week.

DB_Atlantic10
September 25th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Here's my picks:

Richmond 35 New Hampshire 31 - Another bellweather game in the conference this week and again I go with the home team. UNH looked like a team playing its first game of the year against JMU, and then went to Marshall and shocked the Herd. Santos is still Santos and that won't change, Dartmouth got plenty of points and yards against UNH last week so the UNH defense can be had - and right now Hightower may be the hottest back in the conference. Plus, UNH was the first team to put a dent in the armor of Richmond last year when a promising season spiraled into disaster and a 6-5 finish. The Spiders look hungry and I think they shock UNH here.

Man, poor NH has to play all of the South's big three for the Out of North in conference this year....Then go back and face UMass.... They have to pull one of these off, but which one?xbawlingx

WrenFGun
September 25th, 2007, 01:19 PM
UNH's schedule is absolutely brutal. @Marshall, @JMU, @UMass, @Hofstra, @Richmond, Delaware. Grief. They have to find a way to go 3-3 in those games to make the playoffs, so Richmond is as good a time as any to do so.

Anovafan
September 25th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Here we go:

Brown over URI by 14

JMU over Villanova by 10

Hofstra over Stony Brook by 17

Boston College over UMass by 21

Delaware over Monmouth by 24

Richmond over UNH by 10

Towson over W&M by 6

TigerFan17
September 25th, 2007, 04:13 PM
URI over Brown by 10 - zzzzzz

JMU over Villanova by 14 - yup

Hofstra over Stony Brook by 21 - zzzzzzz

Boston College over UMass by 24 - would love to see it closer...but I'm not that ballsy.

Delaware over Monmouth by 27 - Blue Hens D is a different beast this year. A scary one. xbawlingx

UNH over Richmond by 10 - Richmond sees their new stadium design plans for 2010 and realizes they're headed for the NEC. :p

Towson over W&M by 3 - If we don't win this game the seasons over and we can go ahead and make this a rebuilding year...at least most of the team returns next year. :o

Minuteman87
September 25th, 2007, 04:25 PM
URI 38, Brown 27 (do the Rams get some sort of trophy for winning the Ocean State's FCS title? I know the Governor's Cup goes to the winner of the annual Brown-Providence hockey game)

Bill 'n Mary 24, Towson 21

NH 34, Richmond 21

Hofstra 17, Stony Brook 7 (The Pride keeps rolling! I liked your old nickname better though :( )

HOMER ALERT: BC 34, UMass 33 (UMass PAT blocked in OT ;) )

JMU 27, Villanova 24

Delaware 35, Monmouth 0

th0m
September 25th, 2007, 06:12 PM
I'm just going with winning teams:

URI
Towson
UNH
Hofstra
Boston College
JMU
Delaware

Uncle Buck
September 25th, 2007, 06:57 PM
URI 20 Brown 19 xthumbsupx
JMU 27 'Nova 20
W&M 27 Towson 24
BC 41 UMass 21
UNH 34 Richmond 28 (i picked it the other way on CAAZone, can't decide)
Hofstra 42 Stony Brook 16 - ah, 40 points, first time in a long time xnodx
UD 52 Monmouth 10 xcoffeex

HENJOHN
September 25th, 2007, 08:09 PM
Another Country heard from:

URI-------- 27 Brown-- 21
JMU------- 31 VILL--- 24
W&M------ 41 Towson- 25
BC-------- 38 UMASS- 13
UNH------ 31 Rich---- 23
Cohen's--- 44 S Brook- 10
DELAWARE- 42 MON---- 7

brownbear
September 25th, 2007, 08:10 PM
URI 38, Brown 27 (do the Rams get some sort of trophy for winning the Ocean State's FCS title? I know the Governor's Cup goes to the winner of the annual Brown-Providence hockey game)

Yes, they get a trophy. Here are two photos of it:

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/brow/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/45512.jpeg
http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools/uri/graphics/celebration_brown-100403.jpg

On another note, most people seem to be picking 0-4 URI to win this game. I'll take the Bears by 3.

SunCoastBlueHen
September 25th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Yes, they get a trophy. Here are two photos of it:

Maybe if Delaware and Delaware State ever play, they can come up with a trophy for the winner of that also...

Like a jar of chemical waste or something like that... :p

charliej
September 25th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Maybe if Delaware and Delaware State ever play, they can come up with a trophy for the winner of that also...

Like a jar of chemical waste or something like that... :p

The Dupont Drum? ;)

Maverick
September 25th, 2007, 09:59 PM
How a drum filled with that which represents both the political and agricultural aspects of Delaware? Chicken *****!!! xnodx xnodx xnodx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xthumbsupx

GeeWiz
September 25th, 2007, 10:23 PM
URI 30 Brown 24 - I think the Rams rebound from the disappointing loss to win the Govenor's Cup. If they don't they might be 0-10 before the NU game.
JMU 34 'Nova 24 - The battle of two multi-dimensional QB's goes to the Dukes with the game being in Harriosnburg
Towson 37 W&M 34 - I think the Tigers and Shaefer pull out a last minute win
BC 28 UMass 17 - UMass keeps this one close but Matt Ryan keeps UM at arms length
UNH 41 Richmond 35 - UNH wins this contest because Santos and Co. know how to win big games on the road
Hofstra 34 Stony Brook 20 - Hofstra has too much talent on both sides of the ball for a up-and-coming SB squad
UD 38 Monmouth 13 - Monmouth hung w/ Maine, but UD is on a different level

BDKJMU
September 26th, 2007, 12:22 PM
URI 24, Brown (H) 20

James Madison (H) 38 Nova 17- I have a detailed analysis in the Hot vs. Hot When Nova Visits JMU thread

W&M 34 (H), Towson 31

Boston College (H) 45 Massachusetts 24

New Hampshire 45, UR (H) 38

Hofstra (H) 38 Stony Brook 17

Delaware (H) 49 Monmouth 10

CAA improves to 19-2 against OOC other I-AA.

Spider
September 26th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Spides over the Hamp......

UNHWildCats
September 26th, 2007, 08:06 PM
Spides over the Hamp......

If it was Hampton sure :p

JMU-MRD-DAD
September 26th, 2007, 10:33 PM
Every game is crucial.......As I see it...the two big games in the CAA this weekend .... Nova at JMU and UNH at Richmond.

Nova will definitely bring more game than VMI and Coastal. I'm looking for a good match up this weekend.

UNH is pretty much in a must win situation given their remaining schedule that includes Delaware and UMASS.

Go Dukes....

EmeryZach
September 26th, 2007, 11:14 PM
Brown 21 - URI 17
Towson 28 - W&M 17
JMU 44- Nova 10
Richmond 45 - UNH 41
Hofstra 31 - Stony Brook 7
Delaware 34 - Monmouth 21
Boston College 55 - UMass 28

redspider
September 27th, 2007, 12:33 PM
I took a week off but here are my picks for this week:

URI at Brown - I believe that the Rams will finally get a win.

JMU vs Vilanova - Good matchup but it is JMU they have not shown a large weakness yet against FCS competition it seems that they may be on there way to win the south instead of Delaware we will see.

Towson at W&M - I said at the beginning of the season that Townson was overatted and I was laughed at but like I said they are. They will pick up there first CAA victory again.

BC vs UMass - UMass has played well so far this year but not well enough to beat BC they will pick up there first lose of the season here.

Hofstra vs Stony Brook - Hofstra is playing to well here to lose to Stony Brook.

UD vs Monmouth- UD will win an easy one again Monmouth.

UNH at Richmond - For me this is the CAA game of the week. This is our home opener, family weekend and it is New Hampshire. After two good weeks against lesser talent this will be a closer vioctory and a big offensive showcase for both teams. If Richmond wins this game and Townson I think that it will set the tempo to propel us to the playoffs. If we lose it it will make the road tougher and only enhance the importance of the Townson game.

TigerFan17
September 27th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Towson at W&M - I said at the beginning of the season that Townson was overatted and I was laughed at but like I said they are. They will pick up there first CAA victory again.

We had the potential to be excellent. However, we are so plagued with injuries now that we are playing musical lineman and burning redshirts because we're forced to play true freshman on the line. And the only person that wants a true freshman on the line is the guy playing against him.

:o

Game could go either way, but in both cases, I don't think there is much of a hope for post-season games for either squad. xnonono2x

JMU2K_DukeDawg
September 27th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Brown over URI
W&M over Towson
JMU over Villanova
Hofstra over Stony Brook
BC over UMass
Richmond over UNH

What was though to be a weak South division is not looking so weak. Sorry Towson, you're the unlucky loser this season, along with URI in the North. Get healthy, regroup and good things will continue to happen for your program, just not this year... Injuries always play such a big factor in the end results. Look to Delaware's turn around from a season ago for hope!

BDKJMU
September 27th, 2007, 03:01 PM
UNH is pretty much in a must win situation given their remaining schedule that includes Delaware and UMASS.

And Hofstra

VT Wildcat Fan53
September 29th, 2007, 12:27 AM
Brown 17, URI 14. Tough loss in RI cup matchup

Towson 38, W&M 31

BC 24, UMASS 21. Oh, so close, ....

Hofstra 52, Stony Brook 12

Delaware 72, Monmouth 10

UNH 52, UR 41. Hightower can't score quick enough to keep pace with Legend of Santos

RadMann
September 29th, 2007, 06:48 AM
URI at Brown - URI by 1.
JMU vs Vilanova - JMU by 6
Towson at W&M - W&M by 7
UMass at BC - BC by 13
Stony Brook at Hofstra - Hofstra by 11
Monmouth at UD - UD by 13
UNH at Richmond - UNH by 9

WrenFGun
September 29th, 2007, 10:23 AM
While I disagree with the fact that the Richmond game is a "must-win" for UNH, I think, if we're going to look at it that way, it's more from the fact that Richmond would be in a better shape to get a selection than we would for the playoffs, if they beat us. They'd still only have 1 loss and have a chance to make the postseason with a 3-1 start.

I said at the beginning of the year that I would be relatively happy with a 2-2 start, and very pleased with a 3-1 start, though I did not foresee Hofstra being as good as they have been this season. A loss to Richmond obviously means we need to go 2-1 @UMass, @Hofstra and Delaware, which is no easy maneuver. A win over Richmond offers much more flexibility, ultimately. Those games assume UNH can take care of the lesser tests (Maine, NU, URI) as well. Oy.

redspider
September 29th, 2007, 07:44 PM
So once again everyone that called against Richmond was WRONG! GO SPIDERS what a win the best home victory I have seen since I have been here (since 2005). I feel that if we keep this play up we will be in the playoffs!

JMU Duke Dog
October 2nd, 2007, 08:58 AM
North
#4 Massachusetts 2-0, 4-1
#12 Hofstra 1-0, 4-0
Northeastern 0-1, 1-3
#15 New Hampshire 0-2, 2-2
Maine 0-2, 1-3
Rhode Island 0-2, 1-4
South
#11 Delaware 3-0, 5-0
#9 James Madison 2-0, 4-1
#17 Richmond 2-0, 3-1
Villanova 1-1, 3-2
William & Mary 1-1, 3-2
Towson 0-3, 2-3

Week Five Schedule
#11 Delaware at #15 New Hampshire - Noon
#17 Richmond at Towson - Noon
#9 James Madison at Northeastern - 12:30 PM
Maine at #12 Hofstra - 1:30 PM - ESPNU
William & Mary at Villanova - 6:00 PM

State your predictions!

SunCoastBlueHen
October 2nd, 2007, 09:10 AM
Delaware 54 New Hampshire 28
Richmond 31 Towson 21
James Madison 45 Northeastern 20
Maine 10 Hofstra 17
William & Mary 35 Villanova 28

JMU Duke Dog
October 2nd, 2007, 09:11 AM
This is the CAA game of the week in my opinion. This game is a must win for New Hampshire at home for the Wildcats' 2007 playoff hopes. I think Delaware is the overall stronger team and pulls out the victory in a high scoring affair. Who would have thought that New Hampshire would start out conference play 0-3?
Blue Hens 52 Wildcats 42

Richmond is hot, and Towson is not. Kind of a corny rhyme but you all get the point and understand if you have been following these two teams as of late.
Spiders 35 Tigers 14

Mickey Matthews has never won a game in Massachusetts as JMU's head coach. This will be the Dukes first CAA and FCS away game of 2007. The Dukes have looked really strong in the past few weeks but how will this squad play at Parsons Field? Look for a closer game than in past weeks for the Dukes.
Dukes 17 Huskies 7

The Pride rolls at home as they look to be a legitimate 2007 playoff contender under their second-year head coach.
Pride 38 Black Bears 10

Villanova looks to rebound against at home against an inconsistent William & Mary team.
Wildcats 28 Tribe 24

JMUFortier
October 2nd, 2007, 09:29 AM
As posted on CAAZone:

UNH 44 Delaware 41 - This will be a wail of a game but UNH has had the weird ability to come back from rough losses with a win (I'm referencing JMU and Marshall). I suspect UNH will be somewhere in this pattern. UD cannot go undefeated (as no one can in this league) so if they are going to lose, this might just as well be the week.
JMU 24 Northeastern 10 - Now is the time for Dukes to get business done. This is the first realistic road test to see how they play against a quality (yes quality) road opponent. Northeastern will have a lot on its hands, however.
Richmond 28 Towson 17 - UR is showing its stuff and now has to be part of the race to number 1.
Hofstra 17 Maine 6 - This is not the week to upset Hofstra. Maine will not be the team to do it.
Villanova 31 W&M 14 - Nova makes a nice rebound after a hard weekend in Harrisonburg.
Bye 17 URI 2 - Bye spots two but still wins without showing up
UMass 140 Bye 0 - They take their frustrations out on Bye.

JMUOlejer
October 2nd, 2007, 09:38 AM
North
#12 Hofstra 1-0, 4-0
Northeastern 0-1, 1-3
Maine 0-2, 1-3
Rhode Island 0-2, 1-4
South
#11 Delaware 3-0, 5-0
#17 Richmond 2-0, 3-1
Villanova 1-1, 3-2
William & Mary 1-1, 3-2
Towson 0-3, 2-3

Week Five Schedule

State your predictions!

#11 Delaware at #15 New Hampshire
I have seen both teams play, Delaware at W&M week one and New Hampshire at JMU week two. While Santos is a great QB New Hampshire really lacks a rushing game and is weak on defense. This could be somewhat of a shootout but Delaware wins on the road 42-28.
#17 Richmond at Towson
If Richmond can outscore NH then I don't see Towson stopping them. Richmond wins 35-21
#9 James Madison at Northeastern
JMU wins although it could be closer than people think...JMU 28-NE 17
Maine at #12 Hofstra
Hofstra wins this one at home 27-10.
William and Mary at Villanova
Villanova looks to rebound at home after a tough road loss last week. Villanova should not have to stack the line as much against William and Mary's rushing attack. Should be a close game with the edge going to Villanova since they are at home. Villanova 31-W&M 24

ChickenMan
October 2nd, 2007, 10:04 AM
Hofstra 28 Maine 17.. HU not a good as some think.. but Maine hasn't shown much yet.

W&M 35 Villanova 27.. W&M improving.. Nova over-rated

Towson 28 Richmond 21.. no logical reason for this upset pick.. but it's the CAA and Towson is at home and desparate

Delaware 38 UNH 24.. if UD can avoid turnovers.. they will outscore a UNH squad that has been pretty much defenseless.

JMU 24 N'eastern 20.. it won't be easy at Parsons Field

UNHWildCats
October 2nd, 2007, 10:21 AM
http://img.search.com/7/79/Album_no_respect.jpg

aust42
October 2nd, 2007, 10:27 AM
People will start to realize how good Delaware is after whooping New Hampshire this week.

Delaware 45 New Hampshire 21
W&M 28 Nova 21
Richmond 38 Towson 17
JMU 31 Northeastern 10
Maine 17 Hofstra 13

UNHWildCats
October 2nd, 2007, 10:33 AM
People will start to realize how good Delaware is after whooping New Hampshire this week.

Delaware 45 New Hampshire 21
W&M 28 Nova 21
Richmond 38 Towson 17
JMU 31 Northeastern 10
Maine 17 Hofstra 13

That loses your credibility on the UNH/Delaware prediction

89Hen
October 2nd, 2007, 10:48 AM
Forgot to check my predictions from last week....

URI 24 49
Brown 17 42 hey at least I got the spread

Towson 17 22
W&M 21 27 xthumbsupx

UNH 24 38
Richmond 31 45 xthumbsupx

Stony Brook 17 28
Hofstra 31 33 xthumbsupx

UMass 10 14
Boston College 35 24 xthumbsupx

'Nova 17 7
JMU 28 35 xcoffeex more lopsided than I thought

Monmouth 7 7
Delaware 49 42 xthumbsupx xthumbsupx
Not too bad. xthumbsupx

JOHN ST ONGE ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION? Computers-shamputers

89Hen
October 2nd, 2007, 10:53 AM
I've been on fire the last couple weeks. Some of you may want to call your bookie and put $20 on each. :p

Delaware 42
New Hampshire 24

Richmond 35
Towson 17

James Madison 42
Northeastern 17

Hofstra 24
Maine 10

Villanova 31
William & Mary 24

mcveyrl
October 2nd, 2007, 11:05 AM
I've been on fire the last couple weeks. Some of you may want to call your bookie and put $20 on each. :p

Delaware 42
New Hampshire 24

Richmond 35
Towson 17

James Madison 42
Northeastern 17

Hofstra 24
Maine 10

Villanova 31
William & Mary 24

After the previous week, who am I to go against the Hen??

Quann
October 2nd, 2007, 12:28 PM
UMass drops 2 spots in the polls after giving the number 6 team in the FBS all they can handle in their own house and ends up losing by just ten. That makes a lot of sense xconfusedx

SunCoastBlueHen
October 2nd, 2007, 12:43 PM
UMass drops 2 spots in the polls after giving the number 6 team in the FBS all they can handle in their own house and ends up losing by just ten. That makes a lot of sense xconfusedx

Surprise, surprise. A Umass fan's first post is a complaint about the team not getting their due credit. xwhistlex

BTW, welcome to the board! xthumbsupx

blukeys
October 2nd, 2007, 12:52 PM
Surprise, surprise. A Umass fan's first post is a complaint about the team not getting their due credit. xwhistlex

BTW, welcome to the board! xthumbsupx

The more things change the more they stay the same!

Welcome Quann.

ChickenMan
October 2nd, 2007, 01:25 PM

umassfans's brother has arrived... :p

Maroon&White
October 2nd, 2007, 02:04 PM

Who cares.

UNHWildCats
October 2nd, 2007, 02:19 PM
Why did they combine last weeks and this weeks prediction threads :S

89Hen
October 2nd, 2007, 02:42 PM
Probably my fault as I put a post on the end of last week's with my results.

JMU Duke Dog
October 2nd, 2007, 05:50 PM

I accidentally thought it was week five as this upcoming weekend will be week six of the 2007 season. Is there anyone here that can fix it and separate the two threads please?

BDKJMU
October 2nd, 2007, 06:10 PM
North
#12 Hofstra 1-0, 4-0
Northeastern 0-1, 1-3
Maine 0-2, 1-3
Rhode Island 0-2, 1-4
South
#11 Delaware 3-0, 5-0
#17 Richmond 2-0, 3-1
Villanova 1-1, 3-2
William & Mary 1-1, 3-2
Towson 0-3, 2-3

Week Five Schedule

State your predictions!

This is the week 6 scedule. last week was week 5.