PDA

View Full Version : Northern Arizona @ Portland State

PSUVikings
October 1st, 2007, 07:57 PM
NAU fans, how is Lance doing? Will he be able to play against PSU? Looking forward to this game. Its going to be ugly, I don't mean the scoreboard, I mean the weather, its going to be cold, its going to be wet, and its supposed to be pouring on Saturday.

JALMOND
October 1st, 2007, 08:01 PM
NAU fans, how is Lance doing? Will he be able to play against PSU? Looking forward to this game. Its going to be ugly, I don't mean the scoreboard, I mean the weather, its going to be cold, its going to be wet, and its supposed to be pouring on Saturday.

At least it won't be dark!

Only bad thing is that I won't be able to cast my AGS ballot right after the game.

already123
October 1st, 2007, 10:59 PM
We hope Kriesien will be ok, he is a huge threat. Glanville recognized him as the best athlete on the field at any given time....needless to say NAUs gameplan changes without him. Due to the weather, maybe the game will be a bit closer than some may think. With KJ Gerard and the NAU secondary playing the way they are, coupled with a recharged rushing attack, NAU might have a chance here.

Heres to a great game

JALMOND
October 1st, 2007, 11:12 PM
We hope Kriesien will be ok, he is a huge threat. Glanville recognized him as the best athlete on the field at any given time....needless to say NAUs gameplan changes without him. Due to the weather, maybe the game will be a bit closer than some may think. With KJ Gerard and the NAU secondary playing the way they are, coupled with a recharged rushing attack, NAU might have a chance here.

Heres to a great game

Glanville's been saying things like that all year. McNeese, to him, was the fastest team we'll see all year. Last week, Glanville said that he wants someone like EWU's QB (Nichols) to come run the offense at PSU. One thing, Glanville has a knack for buttering up the opposition.

already123
October 2nd, 2007, 11:37 AM
true statement

PSUVikings
October 2nd, 2007, 06:57 PM
NAU is coming in stunned from the Sac State game, PSU is coming in with a huge confidence boost. Last time NAU came to PSU they left with a 45 point loss. This one won't be as lopsided but I wouldn't be surprised if we win by 20 or more.

already123
October 2nd, 2007, 11:52 PM
A little lofty, but given the circumstances I wont say too much about those predictions. Personally, I just want to see a great game. Last week was disgusting...

McNeese72
October 3rd, 2007, 08:11 AM
Glanville's been saying things like that all year. McNeese, to him, was the fastest team we'll see all year. ........................... One thing, Glanville has a knack for buttering up the opposition.

What?? We were't/aren't?? :) :)

Doc

McNeese_beat
October 3rd, 2007, 09:51 AM
What?? We were't/aren't?? :) :)

Doc
Glanville's getting old. He forgot about Week 1 already...
xrotatehx

JALMOND
October 4th, 2007, 02:23 AM
Glanville's getting old. He forgot about Week 1 already...
xrotatehx

So have all of us Viking fans. :D

McNeese_beat
October 4th, 2007, 09:48 AM
So have all of us Viking fans. :D

Probably for the best...

I know McNeese fans have forgotten ALL about 2004. Here's hoping you schedule another home-and-home so we can be reminded about the "good" stuff (the scenery, the city, the odd venue).

xcoolx

PSUVikings
October 6th, 2007, 10:43 AM
NAU fans, we will be talking in the chat room at PSUFansForum.com during the game. Please come over and join us.

http://www.psufansforum.com/index.htm

CrazyCat
October 6th, 2007, 10:56 AM
Heads, PSU
Tails, NAU

http://www.codefun.com/Images/Genetic/coin_flip1.gif

dbackjon
October 6th, 2007, 09:32 PM
NAU - Good win!!!

Can we replay last week?

Peems
October 6th, 2007, 11:28 PM
Heard nothing about the game, what was the score? Did Kriesen play?

slostang
October 6th, 2007, 11:36 PM
Heard nothing about the game, what was the score? Did Kriesen play?

I do not know anything about the game, but the score was 44-43 NAU. Sounds like it was a barn burner.

Casey_Orourke
October 7th, 2007, 06:47 PM
I was at the game. Kriesen did play and he did pretty good. Ryan White threw for over 400 yards, but our running game was lackluster. What made the difference were 2 serious miscues by the Vikes. On a punt deep in NAU territory, the snap went over the punters head and instead of grabbing it and running with it the punter tried to grab it and kick it, but muffed it again and it went into the endzone where the Jacks covered it for a TD. The other was after a TD, the vikes lined up for an extra point when Jerry ran down the sideline yelling time out. When he got to an official, well before the play went off, the official ignored him and let the play happen. The holder and the kicker heard the coach call time out, but the snapper must have not because he snapped the ball which was muffed. A Jack player grabbed it and ran it back for two. The Vikes were able to get a TD with about 6 seconds where Jerry decided to go for two and the win instead of the tie, which as we see was missed.

I am not going to criticize JG for his decision, because I thank that is what a coach is paid to do, make those snap decisions and trust the players.

All in all, the game could have gone either way and it went right down to the wire

already123
October 7th, 2007, 08:06 PM
It was an absolutely amazing game!!

Peems
October 7th, 2007, 09:09 PM
The Big Sky is crazy this year!

JALMOND
October 7th, 2007, 09:29 PM
The bottom line on this game was that we never played good enough to win this game. NAU did just enough and we did not. The best team last night was the right team that won. We had a chance to steal it, but overall we did not deserve to win.

The muffed PAT that the Jacks ran back was one of the most peculiar plays I've seen in 30+ years of following Big Sky football. Glanvillle was actually on the field standing next to the line judge asking for a time out. The ball was snapped and the Jacks team and about five Vikings played it out. At first the two points were given, then the officials took it away. After a brief conference, the officials gave the two points to NAU.

One thing about Glanville and also can be said for this whole Viking team, they have guts. The only other time (I'm sure there have been many) I can recall a coach forsaking overtime and trying to win it in regulation was Riley's first tenure at Oregon State when they played Washington in Seattle. The Beavers made the two point conversion and stole a victory. More than some Beaver fans have pointed to that particular play as what sent Oregon State to respectablity from Pac-10 doormat.