PDA

View Full Version : Is Baton Rouge Prime for another Parade of Champions?

bluedog
October 1st, 2007, 12:45 PM
While both of the states largest Universities are doing great, I think we are all pleasantly surprise with our beloved Jaguars.

Hopefully they can come out of losstober unscave and that should set the stage for history to make a rare repeat of itself.

http://media.2theadvocate.com/images/100107suone.jpg

Schiefelbein: SU’s perfect start to get big test this week (http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/southern/featured/10147441.html)

By JOSEPH SCHIEFELBEIN
Advocate sportswriter
Published: Oct 1, 2007

Southern is the last unbeaten team in the Southwestern Athletic Conference. How long can the run last?

The Jaguars (5-0, 3-0 SWAC) knocked off previously unbeaten Alabama State 21-2 in the 34th Gulf Coast Classic on Saturday in Mobile, Ala.

Now, here come two games which will tell much about Southern.

First, defending conference champion Alabama A&M (4-1, 2-1) visits for homecoming at 5:30 p.m. Saturday at A.W. Mumford Stadium. Then, Jackson State (2-2, 2-0) comes to Mumford Stadium on the following Saturday.

On deck, this A&M game is absolutely huge.

A&M, with senior Kelcy Luke at quarterback and rapidly emerging sophomore Ulysses Banks at running back, has averaged 45.8 points per game in its four victories. The Bulldogs, of course, also play some of the SWAC’s best defense every season.

Big Dawg
October 1st, 2007, 01:53 PM
I honestly didn't see Southern starting to the season out 5-0...WOW

already123
October 1st, 2007, 03:54 PM
best of luck to southern this year, its great for the SWAC!

Jag4Life
October 3rd, 2007, 06:16 AM
I honestly didn't see Southern starting to the season out 5-0...WOW

LOL Well ............. I wish ya'll luck this season.

Jag4Life
October 3rd, 2007, 06:16 AM
best of luck to southern this year, its great for the SWAC!

Thanks for the comments. I wish your school luck as well.

GeauxColonels
October 3rd, 2007, 09:00 PM
Indeed. They are a pleasant surprise after last year. I think that they have a GREAT kid at QB. I watched him in high school as he went to my alma mater and all he did was go 15-0 his junior year (and first year starting) and defeated traditional national power Evangel Christian of Shreveport for the Louisiana 5A state football title. His senior year he went undefeated in the regular season before the team was upset by 1 point in the state quarterfinals. This kid was 27-1 as a high school quarterback and got practically no attention whatsoever from Louisiana schools....except Southern.

Congrats on the great start and good luck the rest of the way. I'll definitely be rooting for the Jags.

Jag4Life
October 4th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Indeed. They are a pleasant surprise after last year. I think that they have a GREAT kid at QB. I watched him in high school as he went to my alma mater and all he did was go 15-0 his junior year (and first year starting) and defeated traditional national power Evangel Christian of Shreveport for the Louisiana 5A state football title. His senior year he went undefeated in the regular season before the team was upset by 1 point in the state quarterfinals. This kid was 27-1 as a high school quarterback and got practically no attention whatsoever from Louisiana schools....except Southern.

Congrats on the great start and good luck the rest of the way. I'll definitely be rooting for the Jags.I wonder why Nicholls is one of the Southland schools I root for. They have about 2 or 3 more but I don't want to mention names. Ya'll fans are very cool and I wouldn't mind playing
ya'll again although the last meeting didn't go well for us. lol

*SIDENOTE* I'll be rooting for the Colonels from Saturday on down.

appfan2008
October 4th, 2007, 09:33 PM
way to go southern... didnt realize you all were doing that well... keep it up!

FormerPokeCenter
October 4th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Of course, one of the reason's Southern is 5-0 is because they wouldn't butch-up and honor the second half of the home and home with us ;)

But, being cowardly has worked out for them. They're undefeated ;)

GeauxColonels
October 4th, 2007, 09:41 PM
They've rather quietly worked their way to an undefeated record. I'm much more aware about it because the media here in Baton Rouge does a pretty good job covering the Jags.

GeauxColonels
October 4th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Of course, one of the reason's Southern is 5-0 is because they wouldn't butch-up and honor the second half of the home and home with us ;)

xdeadhorsex xdeadhorsex xdeadhorsex xdeadhorsex xdeadhorsex

McNeese75
October 4th, 2007, 09:46 PM

xlolx I was wondering how long it would take before this started again.

Congrats to the Jags xthumbsupx

SUjagTILLiDIE
October 4th, 2007, 11:12 PM

WHY.

Griz0383
October 5th, 2007, 07:40 AM
Nice work SU, I am looking forward to the Game next year in lost wages! There will be many fans from the Griz nation attending. I think a massive CAJUN food fight would be cool! That should be seriously considered! A fan sponsored Rajun Cajun feast for all Griz and SU fans. A meet and great so to speak! Any thoughts!

SUjagTILLiDIE
October 5th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Nice work SU, I am looking forward to the Game next year in lost wages! There will be many fans from the Griz nation attending. I think a massive CAJUN food fight would be cool! That should be seriously considered! A fan sponsored Rajun Cajun feast for all Griz and SU fans. A meet and great so to speak! Any thoughts!

????????????????

Jag4Life
October 5th, 2007, 05:44 PM
????????????????

LMAO. I am wondering the same thing.

Jag4Life
October 5th, 2007, 05:47 PM

Thanks as well. I really want to play ya'll. xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx