19. Sam Houston St.
20. Cal Poly
21. The Citadel
22. Hampton
23. Delaware St.
24. Illinois St.
25. Furman

Dropped Out: Western Illinois (21)

Others receiving votes (minimum of 5 votes): Western Illinois (52), Lehigh (40), Southern (32), Lafayette (15), Georgia Southern (13), San Diego (12), Eastern Washington (9), South Dakota St. (9), Eastern Kentucky (7), Princeton (6), Grambling St. (5), Villanova (5)

MOST SIGNIFICANT WIN OF THE WEEK: Richmond
MOST SIGNIFICANT LOSS OF THE WEEK: New Hampshire

Lehigh Football Nation
October 1st, 2007, 12:09 PM
I think folks should take another look at EKU:

3-2, only losses were to WKU and Kentucky, both FBS schools.

Glad to see Yale is starting to get the respect they deserve.

Hampton still over Delaware State is, um, peculiar.

WMTribe90
October 1st, 2007, 12:14 PM
No way Furman should be ranked at this point. Montana's victories to date no longer warrant a top 5 spot relative to what other squads have accomplished (UNI, UMass, Wofford, ASU, NDSU). For the CAA, I would switch UR and Hofstra. UR has the stronger resume IMO.

FargoBison
October 1st, 2007, 12:14 PM
Furman still in at 1-3 is also hard to understand but otherwise it looks like a solid poll. The AGS pollsters definately got the #1 team right.

CatFan22
October 1st, 2007, 12:15 PM
Furman should not still be in there at 1-3.

AZGrizFan
October 1st, 2007, 12:16 PM
Any Given Saturday Poll Top 25
10/1/2007
(First place votes in parenthesis)
1. Northern Iowa (67)
2. North Dakota St. (22)
3. Montana (6)
4. Massachusetts (3)
5. Appalachian St. (1)
6. McNeese St. (1)
7. Wofford (2)
8. Youngstown St.
9. James Madison
10. Southern Illinois (2)
11. Delaware
12. Hofstra
13. Yale
14. Montana St.
15. New Hampshire
16. Nicholls St.
17. Richmond
18. Eastern Illinois
19. Sam Houston St.
20. Cal Poly
21. The Citadel
22. Hampton
23. Delaware St.
24. Illinois St.
25. Furman

Dropped Out: Western Illinois (21)

Others receiving votes (minimum of 5 votes): Western Illinois (52), Lehigh (40), Southern (32), Lafayette (15), Georgia Southern (13), San Diego (12), Eastern Washington (9), South Dakota St. (9), Eastern Kentucky (7), Princeton (6), Grambling St. (5), Villanova (5)

MOST SIGNIFICANT WIN OF THE WEEK: Richmond
MOST SIGNIFICANT LOSS OF THE WEEK: New Hampshire

New Hampshire is SURE gettin' a lotta love based on an FBS victory over an 0-4 Marshall team.

I doubt there are many other teams that could go 0-2 in conference to begin the season and STILL be ranked 15th in the country. xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

mcveyrl
October 1st, 2007, 12:16 PM
I posted this on another thread, but I still had Furman in my top 25 because I still think that they're one of the 25 best teams in the country. Their losses were to teams that are currently ahead of them in the polls. I expect them to win every game left (except possibly ASU) and be 8-3/7-4, which to me is a top 25 team coming out of the SoCon.

89Hen
October 1st, 2007, 12:20 PM
For what? I didn't know wins over G'town, HC and Cornell are that worthy. xcoffeex

AZGrizFan
October 1st, 2007, 12:23 PM
I posted this on another thread, but I still had Furman in my top 25 because I still think that they're one of the 25 best teams in the country. Their losses were to teams that are currently ahead of them in the polls. I expect them to win every game left (except possibly ASU) and be 8-3/7-4, which to me is a top 25 team coming out of the SoCon.

I predict Furman loses at THE Citadel. xcoffeex

mlbowl
Montana's victories to date no longer warrant a top 5 spot relative to what other squads have accomplished (UNI, UMass, Wofford, ASU, NDSU).

Yes, I completely agree....Montana's victories should've dropped them out of the top 25 by now... while Umass's loss should've been enough to vault them straight to the #1 spot.

mcveyrl

If that happens, then they're out of my Top 25.xcoffeex

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 1st, 2007, 12:24 PM
Furman's losses are to Clemson, to #7 Wofford and #12 Hofstra. There is little chance that they will get through the rest of the season with one or no losses, but for now, I would leave them near the bottom.

FargoBison
October 1st, 2007, 12:25 PM

I just don't see how you can rank a team that is 1-3 and didn't really play their competition close(average loss of 22 points).

FargoBison
October 1st, 2007, 12:26 PM

I'll second that...

89Hen
October 1st, 2007, 12:27 PM
Yes, I completely agree....Montana's victories should've dropped them out of the top 25 by now... while Umass's loss should've been enough to vault them straight to the #1 spot.
FWIW, I dropped Montana from #1 to #3 after the lackluster games they've been playing. Having to come from behind to beat Weber at home? xeyebrowx

Millwoch
October 1st, 2007, 12:27 PM

Let us get Woffy under our belt first...FU will be next weeks mission. My preseason prediction had us losing to woffy and beating fu...I think we can win both...But FU does not warrent a rank at this point, and in my opinion, even if they beat CCU this week.

BulldogFan
October 1st, 2007, 12:28 PM
Don't forget that Furman still also needs to travel to The Citadel. That could give them 5 losses. I believe their problem seems to be on both sides of the ball. Porous defense and an offense which opponents can concentrate on Felton.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 1st, 2007, 12:31 PM

They also have to play at The Citadel, and at GSU. Two teams that are Furman rivals that play tough at home. I don't think Furman is a bad team but they aren't great and the schedule is stacked against them.

mcveyrl
October 1st, 2007, 12:31 PM
I just don't see how you can rank a team that is 1-3 and didn't really play their competition close(average loss of 19 points).

I posted this on the other thread too, but I think it's a difference in looking into the future or the past.

I think the point of the poll is to show how everyone would finish at the end of the year if things went as planned (or polled). If I anticipate Furman winning all but the ASU game, then I think they're a top 25 team.

But, if they don't meet those expectations then I drop them out of the Top 25. So, if they lose to The Citadel, then they're out. I had them ahead of Wofford and Hofstra to start the year, but those "predictions" didn't work out, so I dropped them.

mcveyrl
October 1st, 2007, 12:32 PM
Don't forget that Furman still also needs to travel to The Citadel. That could give them 5 losses. I believe their problem seems to be on both sides of the ball. Porous defense and an offense which opponents can concentrate on Felton.

They also have to play at The Citadel, and at GSU. Two teams that are Furman rivals that play tough at home. I don't think Furman is a bad team but they aren't great and the schedule is stacked against them.

Right now, I think they'll win those games, but if they don't then they clearly aren't a Top 25 team.

WMTribe90
October 1st, 2007, 12:32 PM
Furman's losses are to Clemson, to #7 Wofford and #12 Hofstra. There is little chance that they will get through the rest of the season with one or no losses, but for now, I would leave them near the bottom.

Why not move them back into the top 25 when/if they win some games? I don't belive in keeping underserving teams in the top 25 based on future predicted results at the mid-point of the season. There are too many teams at this point that have actually won on the field. I think Hofstra is too high at #12. There ranking is largely due to "upsetting" Furman in week two and that win doesn't look quite as impressive right now. Besides a true top 25 FCS squad should have given Clemson more of a game.

Didn't say Umass should be #1, just that Montana has not done enough against a relatively weak schedule to deserve a top 5 spot. Any other team, not named Montana, would not remain in the top 5 with their resume.

BDKJMU
October 1st, 2007, 12:36 PM
No way Furman should be ranked at this point. Montana's victories to date no longer warrant a top 5 spot relative to what other squads have accomplished (UNI, UMass, Wofford, ASU, NDSU). For the CAA, I would switch UR and Hofstra. UR has the stronger resume IMO.

Ditto on UR. Hofstra's win over Furman a few weeks ago looked huge. Now doesn't look nearly as good, and they struggled with URI and Stony Brook.

WMTribe90
October 1st, 2007, 12:41 PM
I posted this on the other thread too, but I think it's a difference in looking into the future or the past.

I think the point of the poll is to show how everyone would finish at the end of the year if things went as planned (or polled). If I anticipate Furman winning all but the ASU game, then I think they're a top 25 team.

But, if they don't meet those expectations then I drop them out of the Top 25. So, if they lose to The Citadel, then they're out. I had them ahead of Wofford and Hofstra to start the year, but those "predictions" didn't work out, so I dropped them.

I understand your philosophy, but think its a backward approach at this point in the season. Your philosophy is fine for the first few (2-3) weeks of the season. But after five games there is enough information to rank teams off their actual performances. Your methodology allows teams to live off of reputation and past glories instead of looking at what they have actually done to date on the field. Again, why not drop Furman from the top 25 and move them back in down the road when/IF they win out as you anticipate. Seems unfair to give them a free pass into the top 25 when there are plenty of deserving teams with winning records in the "others receiving votes" category that have earned a ranking. By you logic WM should be ranked in the top 10 because I anticipate them to win out and they'll have some impressive wins by the end of the season xsmiley_wix

mlbowl
October 1st, 2007, 12:43 PM
Didn't say Umass should be #1, just that Montana has not done enough against a relatively weak schedule to deserve a top 5 spot. Any other team not named Montana would have remained in the top 5 with their resume.

Just having a little fun with yaxnodx

mcveyrl
October 1st, 2007, 12:44 PM
I understand your philosophy, but think its a backward approach at this point in the season. Your philosophy is fine for the first few (2-3) weeks of the season. But after five games there is enough information to rank teams off their actual performances. Your methodology allows teams to live off of reputation and past glories instead of looking at what they have actually done to date on the field. Again, why not drop Furman from the top 25 and move them back in down the road when/IF they win out as you anticipate. Seems unfair to give them a free pass into the top 25 when there are plenty of deserving teams with winning records in the "others receiving votes" category that have earned a ranking. By you logic WM should be ranked in the top 10 because I anticipate them to win out and they'll have some impressive wins by the end of the season xsmiley_wix

It's not exactly a free pass when they start around 12 and end up at 25. To me there's enough information to tell me that I was clearly wrong having them so high, but there's not enough information - given that the teams that beat them are now ranked higher - for me to give them das boot.

OL FU
Well I hate to knock my own team but I think you have to win some games to be rated. Someone take a look at SDSU, they are 2-3 with losses to three top 25 teams and they aren't rated.

crunifan
Someone needs to explain to me why a 5-0 SIU with a win over a FBS team is at number 10.

In my opinion they are a top 5 team.

Eaglegus2
October 1st, 2007, 12:45 PM

Remember, Furman has to travel to Statesboro, ga. to play Georgia Southern. Do not count this game as a sure win for the Palidins.

slostang
October 1st, 2007, 12:46 PM
South Dakota State has to be the best team with a ossing record at 2-3. Their three losses were to ranked teams. 4 OT loss on the road against Western Ill. (just drop out of the poll) 7 point loss to YSU on the road and a loss to the #1 team UNI. They totally crushed SFA 45-0. SFA is a team that gave NDSU a game.

mcveyrl
October 1st, 2007, 12:47 PM
Remember, Furman has to travel to Statesboro, ga. to play Georgia Southern. Do not count this game as a sure win for the Palidins.

I'm not counting it as a sure win (trust me, I'm not betting on Furman ANY time soon), but I am anticipating they'll win. If they lose they'll drop out of my 25.

Death Dealer
October 1st, 2007, 12:47 PM
No way Furman should be ranked at this point. Montana's victories to date no longer warrant a top 5 spot relative to what other squads have accomplished (UNI, UMass, Wofford, ASU, NDSU). For the CAA, I would switch UR and Hofstra. UR has the stronger resume IMO.They aren't in my poll.

Death Dealer
October 1st, 2007, 12:48 PM
Furman still in at 1-3 is also hard to understand but otherwise it looks like a solid poll. The AGS pollsters definately got the #1 team right.I was shocked when I saw this. I hope we can earn the pollsters confidence in the coming weeks.

Death Dealer
October 1st, 2007, 12:49 PM
We'll see.xwhistlex

No_Skill
October 1st, 2007, 12:49 PM
South Dakota State has to be the best team with a ossing record at 2-3. Their three losses were to ranked teams. 4 OT loss on the road against Western Ill. (just drop out of the poll) 7 point loss to YSU on the road and a loss to the #1 team UNI. They totally crushed SFA 45-0. SFA is a team that gave NDSU a game.

If they beat Georgia Southern this week in Statesboro, they definately deserve some love!

Death Dealer
October 1st, 2007, 12:50 PM
Already out of mine until they prove they can do more than lose. I won't give up on them yet this season since there is a lot of football left to play, but they have to win a few to get back in my poll.

Eaglegus2
October 1st, 2007, 12:51 PM

I don't select my poll on how I perceive these Teams will end up at the end of the year. I do my poll on the results of the games played on Saturday when I do my poll on Sunday.

If I polled by your standards. It would be different from the way my poll looks now.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 1st, 2007, 12:52 PM
Why not move them back into the top 25 when/if they win some games? I don't belive in keeping underserving teams in the top 25 based on future predicted results at the mid-point of the season. There are too many teams at this point that have actually won on the field. I think Hofstra is too high at #12. There ranking is largely due to "upsetting" Furman in week two and that win doesn't look quite as impressive right now. Besides a true top 25 FCS squad should have given Clemson more of a game.

Didn't say Umass should be #1, just that Montana has not done enough against a relatively weak schedule to deserve a top 5 spot. Any other team, not named Montana, would not remain in the top 5 with their resume.

So strength of schedule is enough to consider knocking Montana out of the top 5 that they have had since the beggining of the season, but doesn't earn Furman the benefit of the doubt? It's not like they haven't dropped with both of their losses.

BigApp
October 1st, 2007, 12:53 PM

If I may ask, why are they still in your Top 25?

OL FU
October 1st, 2007, 12:54 PM

xeyebrowx Right now there are no sure winsxcoolx

BigApp
October 1st, 2007, 12:56 PM
Someone needs to explain to me why a 5-0 SIU with a win over a FBS team is at number 10.

amen. And they're receiving #1 votes, so someone is voting them really, really low...

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 1st, 2007, 12:57 PM
New Hampshire is SURE gettin' a lotta love based on an FBS victory over an 0-4 Marshall team.

I doubt there are many other teams that could go 0-2 in conference to begin the season and STILL be ranked 15th in the country. xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

That would depend on which conference your talking about.

OL FU
If they beat Georgia Southern this week in Statesboro, they definately deserve some love!

I think the winner of that game should strongly be considered. If GSU wins they are 4-1. If SDSU wins they are only 3-3 but as mentioned they had a brutal first three games

DUPFLFan
Drake = forgotten, as I thought would happen...

HensRock

I had SDSU in my ballot.
I did not have Furman.
C'mon folks, there only win is against Presbyterian!

Ivytalk
October 1st, 2007, 12:58 PM
FWIW, I dropped Montana from #1 to #3 after the lackluster games they've been playing. Having to come from behind to beat Weber at home? xeyebrowx

I dropped Montana in my poll for the same reason.xrulesx

Death Dealer
October 1st, 2007, 12:58 PM
I know one team we're greater than!xrolleyesx xnodx xwhistlex

slostang
October 1st, 2007, 12:59 PM
How about a 5-0 Southern team? I had them in my top 25.

OL FU
October 1st, 2007, 01:00 PM

Not forgotten just rejected. :o

mcveyrl
October 1st, 2007, 01:00 PM
I don't select my poll on how I perceive these Teams will end up at the end of the year. I do my poll on the results of the games played on Saturday when I do my poll on Sunday.

If I polled by your standards. It would be different from the way my poll looks now.

I think there was a big discussion on this before the year started. It's really a difference in philosophies and I think either way is fine, but I agree that it yields some different poll results.

BlueHen86
October 1st, 2007, 01:01 PM
I think Del St. should be ahead of Hampton.

mcveyrl
October 1st, 2007, 01:02 PM
If I may ask, why are they still in your Top 25?

If I may answer with a question of my own...Did you read the whole thread before being a smarta$$??

Death Dealer
October 1st, 2007, 01:02 PM
I think there was a big discussion on this before the year started. It's really a difference in philosophies and I think either way is fine, but I agree that it yields some different poll results.

My approach is a little combination on both, although I must admit I am a little harder on FU. I guess you expect more from your own.

89Hen
October 1st, 2007, 01:03 PM
I'd agree if this were the pre-season poll, but at this point there have been enough games played that you should be voting on what has actually happened. xtwocentsx

89Hen
October 1st, 2007, 01:04 PM

xthumbsupx me too

GannonFan
October 1st, 2007, 01:07 PM
xthumbsupx me too

I had Southern as well - second week in a row I had em ranked.

Khan4Cats

Alas, it is what have you done for me lately? The last anyone recalls of Drake was UNI handing it to them. Never mind the win over Illinois State. The Redbirds will have a chance to be ranked all year, the Bulldogs are out of the running. Perhaps a win over San Diego will get you some notice, but I'm not sure its enough to get you an at-large, and the committee will likely look more at the UNI gam than the IlSt one.

mcveyrl
I'd agree if this were the pre-season poll, but at this point there have been enough games played that you should be voting on what has actually happened. xtwocentsx

Like I said before, it's not like I've got them No. 1. I dropped them based upon the teams they lost to, but I still think they're Top 25. I think that's a reasonable interpretation of the games to date, too.

People act like I'm voting Hitler No. 1 world leader!! Obviously I'm not the only one, they're in the Top 25. Somebody else step in here!

yorkcountyUNHfan

And Richmond should be ahead of UNH

Lehigh Football Nation
October 1st, 2007, 01:08 PM
Furman dropped out of my poll.

The team I thought long and hard about putting back in my Top 25 was Portland State. Their early-season schedule has been absolutely killer (one FBS team and three opponents that are or were ranked in the Top 25). If I'm going to put a 3-loss team in my Top 25, I would absolutely put them ahead of Furman. Plus, they've at least won their last two FBS games, whereas Furman lost theirs.

New Hampshire and Hampton both stayed in my Top 25 by a whisker. Again, I'll mention that Eastern Kentucky I think deserves some love with 2 FBS losses but 3-0 against FCS competition. EKU made my Top 25.

WMTribe90
October 1st, 2007, 01:10 PM
So strength of schedule is enough to consider knocking Montana out of the top 5 that they have had since the beggining of the season, but doesn't earn Furman the benefit of the doubt? It's not like they haven't dropped with both of their losses.

No contradiction at all. Most of Furman's losses weren't even close. They didn't compete against an avaerage ACC team and the only reason Hofstra is (over)ranked, so high is because they beat an over-rated Furman squad in week two. A win that is not nearly as impressive at present.

I'd agree if this were the pre-season poll, but at this point there have been enough games played that you should be voting on what has actually happened.

Amen 89, that philosophy is fine in the preseason and the first couple weeks. By the mid-point of the season I recommend ranking on ACTUAL results and not reputation and ANTICIPATED results.

mcveyrl
October 1st, 2007, 01:11 PM
Also, for all of you people dogging Furman, where do you have UNH??

They're 0-2 in conference and somebody's got them high because they came in at 15. Is it because they beat a I-A team? Then NDSU should be a unanimous number one because they beat the HOLY HELL out of the reigning MAC Champion.

WMTribe90
October 1st, 2007, 01:15 PM
I'll take a moment to make a plug for WM. I'm in no way saying they should be ranked right now. However, I recommend the pollsters give them some serious consideration if they beat Villanova next week and improve to 4-2. This is a yound team that is improving IMO. The only losses are to UD and VT, though I admit thay have no outstanding wins. Still 4-2 with an all DI schedule and 2-1 in the CAA is worth a look. Again, assuming thay can beat VU on the road, which is no small task.

Chi Panther
October 1st, 2007, 01:16 PM

I thought that too......however, I just found out that SIU's opponents have a combined record of 4-20......

I still think they are a very good team....but havn't played much.....

WrenFGun
October 1st, 2007, 01:21 PM
I'm a little surprised UNH is 15th. With that said, they've lost to two ranked teams. Naturally, they get Delaware next. Must win time.

WMTribe90
October 1st, 2007, 01:21 PM
Like I said before, it's not like I've got them No. 1. I dropped them based upon the teams they lost to, but I still think they're Top 25. I think that's a reasonable interpretation of the games to date, too.

Sorry Mcveyrl, not to pile on here, but that's not what you said in your original post. You said you had Furman ranked because you ANTICIPATE them winning out and ending up 8-3.

As for ranking Furman on their merits to date, there is no justification for ranking a 1-3 team, with the win being over Presbyterian and the losses coming by a combined score of 115 to 47. I'll leave it here.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 1st, 2007, 01:22 PM
So I have tallied up the consensus, which is usually what a poll is, and it doesn't seem to match up completely:

1. Montana - questionable #1 pick at best. AGS got this one right IMO. :p
2. Furman should not be ranked. Period. xnonox
3. Southern Illinois - 5-0 and no love... hmmm... xoopsx
4. UR should be ahead of UNH. xeekx
5. Del St. should be ahead of Hampton. xsmhx
6. Partial-scholarship teams never get any love. Just the way it is... xcoolx
7. The polls mean nothing. Playoffs mean everything! xnodx ;)

Can't wait for the GPI to come out.

mcveyrl
October 1st, 2007, 01:24 PM
Sorry Mcveyrl, not to pile on here, but that's not what you said in your original post. You said you had Furman ranked because you ANTICIPATE them winning out and ending up 8-3.

As for ranking Furman on their merits to date, there is no justification for ranking a 1-3 team, with the win being over Presbyterian and the losses coming by a combined score of 115 to 47. I'll leave it here.

That was poorly worded, I agree.

I guess I should say that the premise of them dropping was their losses, but the premise of them staying in the Top 25 was their anticipated performance, because (and this is the bottom line for ANY poll philosophy) I still think they're one of the 25 best teams in the country.

skinny_uncle
October 1st, 2007, 01:27 PM
I thought that too......however, I just found out that SIU's opponents have a combined record of 4-20......

I still think they are a very good team....but havn't played much.....
Not a tough schedule at this point, but their average margin of victory has been forty points. Seven different backs have rushing TDs. Nineteen different players have caught passes, seven for TDs. Sixteen different players have scored. Eight different players have INTs. The depth is incredible.

AZGrizFan
October 1st, 2007, 01:28 PM

Well, then, thank GOD their name is Montana! :D

drpnut
October 1st, 2007, 01:31 PM
I think Wofford deserves to be in the top 3-4, but with those teams not losing it is hard to move up. Wofford drilled App. State and completely destroyed Furman, yet our history is only about five good years deep, so most pollsters are waiting for more before we really get on the same "respect" level.

Furman should no longer be in Top 25 discussions. I believe they will go down in at least two more SoCon games.

Wofford could win out, but even with one loss could still win the title and with 2 league losses are probably still a safe bet to get in.

Quite frankly, The Citadel scares me. I hope Wofford does not take them lightly.

By the way is North Dakota St. eligible for the playoffs yet?

HIU 93
October 1st, 2007, 01:32 PM

I do to. I have DSU at 17 and us at 24 in my poll.

leatherneck177
October 1st, 2007, 01:33 PM
I do not understand how you can still rank Furman and Illinois State, our two losses have come against Illinois and North Dakota State. Our three wins are against South Dakota State, Stephen F. Austin and St. Francis, not exactly marquee wins, but for non-conference probably about the same as most every other school at that spot in the top 25 rankings.

WMTribe90
October 1st, 2007, 01:39 PM
I think Sagarin, except for the mysterious Villanova ranking has it better than AGS this week. Sagarin has UR higher than Hofstra. Montana at 13 and Furman at 37.

rcny46
October 1st, 2007, 02:00 PM
Richmond is ranked lower than UNH? Interesting.

rcny46
October 1st, 2007, 02:04 PM
I think Wofford deserves to be in the top 3-4, but with those teams not losing it is hard to move up. Wofford drilled App. State and completely destroyed Furman, yet our history is only about five good years deep, so most pollsters are waiting for more before we really get on the same "respect" level.

Furman should no longer be in Top 25 discussions. I believe they will go down in at least two more SoCon games.

Wofford could win out, but even with one loss could still win the title and with 2 league losses are probably still a safe bet to get in.

Quite frankly, The Citadel scares me. I hope Wofford does not take them lightly.

Welcome to the AGS message boards,drpnut! BTW,NDSU is not eligible for the post season this year,and that's a crime.

BULLDOG8180
October 1st, 2007, 02:05 PM
[QUOTE=drpnut;671883]

]

You think your scared now, wait until The Dogs have you down 21 points with 2 minutes left in the game! We beat you everywhere but where it counts last year- in Charleston-we finish the job.:D

lizrdgizrd
October 1st, 2007, 02:37 PM
I think one of the reasons that Richmond isn't ahead of UNH and DSU isn't ahead of Hampton yet is the disparity in their positions before the games. I had Richmond on the outside looking in and UNH in the top 10. I have a hard time jumping a team 10+ spots based on a single game so the two aren't where you might expect them to be yet. I have a feeling others may be in the same boat. xpeacex

R.A.
October 1st, 2007, 02:38 PM
OKAY so if Furman is ranked at 1-3, why isn't SCSU @ 2-2??? Both of SCSU's loses were to Air Force and USC, and they still have two FCS wins... unlike Furman.

I'm not saying SCSU should be ranked yet, I'm just saying that there are teams with stronger cases than Furman right now.

And Del State should be ranked ahead of Hampton. How that doesn't happen is beyond me

HIU 93
October 1st, 2007, 02:40 PM
OKAY so if Furman is ranked at 1-3, why isn't SCSU @ 2-2??? Both of SCSU's loses were to Air Force and USC, and they still have two FCS wins... unlike Furman.

I agree. I have SCSU in my poll at 21.

GannonFan
October 1st, 2007, 02:40 PM
I'll take a moment to make a plug for WM. I'm in no way saying they should be ranked right now. However, I recommend the pollsters give them some serious consideration if they beat Villanova next week and improve to 4-2. This is a yound team that is improving IMO. The only losses are to UD and VT, though I admit thay have no outstanding wins. Still 4-2 with an all DI schedule and 2-1 in the CAA is worth a look. Again, assuming thay can beat VU on the road, which is no small task.

Hey, I'm with you, I almost put them into my poll this week - if I had to peg where they'd be for me I have them at 26th or 27th. Yes, the two losses, as things stand now, look "good" as losses go. Have to beat nova on the road though (and I think nova can be had - not impressed with them) and W&M gets into the top 25 in my submittal for the AGS poll.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 1st, 2007, 02:43 PM
Hey, I'm with you, I almost put them into my poll this week - if I had to peg where they'd be for me I have them at 26th or 27th. Yes, the two losses, as things stand now, look "good" as losses go. Have to beat nova on the road though (and I think nova can be had - not impressed with them) and W&M gets into the top 25 in my submittal for the AGS poll.

As what? The sixth or seventh CAA team? xlolx

GannonFan
October 1st, 2007, 02:46 PM
As what? The sixth or seventh CAA team? xlolx

I've got 6 in now (none higher than 6th btw) and yes, that would be 7, assuming I keep UNH in after they lose to UD ;) - of course, if the CAA weren't 19-2 OOC against other FCS schools (seem to remember Lehigh adding to that 19 number) then you might have a point, but the CAA's winning the games so it's hard to keep a good team out just due to conference affiliation with a bunch of other good teams. xpeacex

Lehigh Football Nation
October 1st, 2007, 03:16 PM
I've got 6 in now (none higher than 6th btw) and yes, that would be 7, assuming I keep UNH in after they lose to UD ;) - of course, if the CAA weren't 19-2 OOC against other FCS schools (seem to remember Lehigh adding to that 19 number) then you might have a point, but the CAA's winning the games so it's hard to keep a good team out just due to conference affiliation with a bunch of other good teams. xpeacex

So W&M would be in on the basis of:

* a win over 2-3 VMI (with one FCS win over Robert Morris)
* a win over 3-2 Liberty (with one FCS win over St. Francis)
* a win over 2-3 Towson (with FCS wins over Morgan State and CCSU)
* a win over 3-2 Villanova (with wins over 3-1 Lehigh, 0-3 Penn and 1-3 Maine)

The best win that ALL their opponents has is *by far* the Villanova win over Lehigh.

Think Towson could upset Richmond next week, and get into your Top 25 next week too? Then you could call your Top 25 ballot the "CAA Power index". xrolleyesx

JmuSkinsfan
October 1st, 2007, 03:22 PM
So W&M would be in on the basis of:

* a win over 2-3 VMI (with one FCS win over Robert Morris)
* a win over 3-2 Liberty (with one FCS win over St. Francis)
* a win over 2-3 Towson (with FCS wins over Morgan State and CCSU)
* a win over 3-2 Villanova (with wins over 3-1 Lehigh, 0-3 Penn and 1-3 Maine)

The best win that ALL their opponents has is *by far* the Villanova win over Lehigh.

Think Towson could upset Richmond next week, and get into your Top 25 next week too? Then you could call your Top 25 ballot the "CAA Power index". xrolleyesx

The CAA is a very strong conference this year. Once things play out, I could easily see UMass, JMU, Delaware, Richmond, and Hofstra getting into the playoffs (in that order). The CAA's OOC record is so good it merits that. No other conference compares top to bottom. I'll steal this from an article I read a few weeks ago, but...

Top Tier:
UMass, JMU, Richmond, Delaware, Hofstra

Middle Tier:
UNH, Villanova, W&M, Towson

Bottom Tier:
Rhode Island, Northeastern, Maine

The top tier teams could easily finish 8-3 +

To say the CAA is anything BUT underrated is ridiculous.

OL FU
October 1st, 2007, 03:25 PM
The CAA is a very strong conference this year. Once things play out, I could easily see UMass, JMU, Delaware, Richmond, and Hofstra getting into the playoffs (in that order). The CAA's OOC record is so good it merits that. No other conference compares top to bottom. I'll steal this from an article I read a few weeks ago, but...

Top Tier:
UMass, JMU, Richmond, Delaware, Hofstra

Middle Tier:
UNH, Villanova, W&M

Bottom Tier:
Rhode Island, Northeastern

The top tier teams could easily finish 8-3 +

To say the CAA is anything BUT underrated is ridiculous.

Good to see that even the new posters preach the same sermon. I swear that has to be a required class in the CAAxlolx

WMTribe90
October 1st, 2007, 03:28 PM
* a win over 2-3 VMI - the argin of victory is what you would expect from a top 25 team, and its a FCS opponent
* a win over 3-2 Liberty - A vastly improved Liberty squad that many had ranked to start the year and is still the favoirte to win their conference title
* a win over 2-3 Towson - Towson is a solid squad and any CAA win is respectable
* a win over 3-2 Villanova - if Lehigh is ranked, and Villanova beat Lehigh, than what's so carzy about ranking the team that beat Lehigh?

WM was 32 in the latest sagarin and a win over Villanova would put us right around 25 in all likelihood. Also, like GF said, i see no problem ranking 5 or 6 CAA squads when we are 19-2 in OOC play.

JmuSkinsfan
October 1st, 2007, 03:30 PM
Good to see that even the new posters preach the same sermon. I swear that has to be a required class in the CAAxlolx

Well I've finally moved from guest to poster over here on AGS. But yes, wait until everything plays out and you will see that the CAA will likely have 4 teams in. We will all beat up on each other, but I could see UMass, JMU, Delaware and Richmond making the playoffs, with Hofstra possibly being the odd man out even at 8-3. I can't wait though, this next month is going to prove to be very exciting as the conference games start playing out

OL FU
October 1st, 2007, 03:31 PM
Well I've finally moved from guest to poster over here on AGS. But yes, wait until everything plays out and you will see that the CAA will likely have 4 teams in. We will all beat up on each other, but I could see UMass, JMU, Delaware and Richmond making the playoffs, with Hofstra possibly being the odd man out even at 8-3. I can't wait though, this next month is going to prove to be very exciting as the conference games start playing out

Welcome aboard and keep on preaching. xnodx

Just don't preach to long I get hungry around benediction timexsmiley_wix

JmuSkinsfan
October 1st, 2007, 03:33 PM
And the coaches poll that was just released has...

#3: UMass
#9: JMU
#11: Delaware
#12: Hofstra
#14: UNH
#15: Richmond

Thats 6 teams in the top 15 for the CAA. So yes, I will keep preaching until the coaches stop proving my point :)

mcveyrl
October 1st, 2007, 03:40 PM
And the coaches poll that was just released has...

#3: UMass
#9: JMU
#11: Delaware
#12: Hofstra
#14: UNH
#15: Richmond

Thats 6 teams in the top 15 for the CAA. So yes, I will keep preaching until the coaches stop proving my point :)

While I hate to disagree with a fellow JMUer, I think that poll might go against some of your, um, testifying.

It really goes to show that the CAA is not really underrated. It's hard to be underrated when you've got 6 teams in the top 15.

Death Dealer
October 1st, 2007, 03:43 PM

I'm not saying SCSU should be ranked yet, I'm just saying that there are teams with stronger cases than Furman right now.

And Del State should be ranked ahead of Hampton. How that doesn't happen is beyond me
OK, Ok, OK!!!! We get it. Furman doesn't deserve to be ranked in the top 25 right now! I don't think you will get any argument there from any of the Furman posters on here. Definitely not from me and I know not from OL. I don't know who TF voted for us, but it wasn't me. But lay TF off already! What is it? "Kick the 'dins while their down day"? It's not like we're all on here trying to defend the ******ing poll. I think it's ridiculous that we are still getting votes with the record we have now. But I still don't like all the B***ching and moaning being thrown at us.

Model Citizen
October 1st, 2007, 03:59 PM
You people can't make up your minds on whether Yale is a cupcake or a power.

CID1990
October 1st, 2007, 04:01 PM
While I hate to disagree with a fellow JMUer, I think that poll might go against some of your, um, testifying.

It really goes to show that the CAA is not really underrated. It's hard to be underrated when you've got 6 teams in the top 15.

Doesn't really count for the CAA, since JMU and Richmond belong in the SoCon. You know it's da troof!

Death Dealer
October 1st, 2007, 04:03 PM
Doesn't really count for the CAA, since JMU and Richmond belong in the SoCon. You know it's da troof!
That would be pretty sweet! xnodx Them and SCSU, and maybe CCU. xthumbsupx

lizrdgizrd
October 1st, 2007, 04:06 PM
That would be pretty sweet! xnodx Them and SCSU, and maybe CCU. xthumbsupx
But who would we get rid of to make room?

mcveyrl
October 1st, 2007, 04:07 PM

If you use the CAA's "add 'em until they quit" philosophy - nobody.:)

Death Dealer
October 1st, 2007, 04:08 PM
Well, Samford and Sons not actually in yet.xrolleyesx So there's one.

R.A.
October 1st, 2007, 04:09 PM
OK, Ok, OK!!!! We get it. Furman doesn't deserve to be ranked in the top 25 right now! I don't think you will get any argument there from any of the Furman posters on here. Definitely not from me and I know not from OL. I don't know who TF voted for us, but it wasn't me. But lay TF off already! What is it? "Kick the 'dins while their down day"? It's not like we're all on here trying to defend the ******ing poll. I think it's ridiculous that we are still getting votes with the record we have now. But I still don't like all the B***ching and moaning being thrown at us.

Cry me a river, build me a bridge, and get over it... people are going to be talking all week about this AGS poll.

But I guess now you know what it feels like to be a MEAC supporter... at least for one week anyway.

We have to hear all season long how overrated our squads are... how none of our teams should be ranked...

Just backbone up, and deal with it Death Dealer, like we do.

It's the FCS Baby!! Don't get mad at me because Wofford FU purple:D

Cocky
October 1st, 2007, 04:12 PM

That is hard for me to understand, too.

Death Dealer
October 1st, 2007, 04:12 PM
Cry me a river, build me a bridge, and get over it... people are going to be talking all week about this AGS poll.

But I guess now you know what it feels like to be a MEAC supporter... at least for one week anyway.

We have to hear all season long how overrated our squads are... how none of our teams should be ranked...

It's the FCS Baby!! Don't get mad at me because Wofford FU purple:DOuch! Using my own sig against me. Now that is LOW!!! xlolx

And I happen to like the MEAC. In fact, I like you so much, I want to steal a couple of your teams away.xlolx One of my best friends and business partners is a SCSU alum, he ran track there back in the day.

GABison
October 1st, 2007, 04:16 PM

No, not until 2008. xthumbsupx

OL FU
October 1st, 2007, 04:18 PM

Who Dat! Who Dat! Who Dat say they gonna rank dem Dins!xeyebrowx

OL FU
October 1st, 2007, 04:22 PM

It's the FCS Baby!! Don't get mad at me because Wofford FU purple:D

You Can't be over rated when you are seldom rated:p :o xeyebrowx :D

BisonBacker
October 1st, 2007, 04:36 PM

I have you guys at #5 in my poll. xthumbsupx

citdog
October 1st, 2007, 04:38 PM
thought we might move up a bit higher, but that will come soon enough!

Ronin
October 1st, 2007, 04:40 PM
Overrated
Montana
Furman

Underrated
SIU

Grizo406
October 1st, 2007, 04:47 PM
Overrated
Montana
Furman

Underrated
SIU

I don't think Montana is overrated, I think we're WAY overrated...at this point, anyway!??!

Death Dealer
October 1st, 2007, 04:59 PM
Overrated
Montana
Furman

Underrated
SIU

You come up with that one on your own? xcoffeex Wow, gotta love originality. Hadn't heard that in, oh, the last 30 seconds! xrolleyesx

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 1st, 2007, 05:06 PM
Ok then,

How about:

Overrated:
UNH
YSU

Underrrated:
Southern
Yale
and....... drum roll please.... SAN DIEGO!!! xbowx xeekx :D ;)

JmuSkinsfan
October 1st, 2007, 05:08 PM

Haha no I was just responding to something someone said (and at this point I forget what that was anyway). I don't think the CAA is underrated, but when looking at the overall picture I am afraid some teams will get the shaft come November. If you look at the top of the poll, most of the teams there (and no disrespect to some of the top teams) don't play nearly the level of competition as the CAA. Maybe I need to take a look at some of the schedules for other teams, but I think the CAA will end up beating itself up...and regardless I think 4 teams deserve to make the playoffs. Granted, its Oct. 1 and there is a LOT of the season to be played, but chances are 4 teams will have the grade to make the playoffs. I just think a Hofstra or Richmond at 8-3 might miss out because the committee will be afraid to let more than 4 teams in from the CAA.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 1st, 2007, 05:10 PM
In all seriousness, I don't think many schools would want to face Josh Johnson. The rest of the team, I'll be glad to take on, but that San Diego QB has a great shot at playing on Sunday afternoons in the near future!

Also, to answer the "Why is SIU still so low?"
Well, Sag scores their SOS at 203... for a little perspective to this number, Montana's SOS is 211.

AZGrizFan
October 1st, 2007, 05:11 PM
In all seriousness, I don't think many schools would want to face Josh Johnson. The rest of the team, I'll be glad to take on, but that San Diego QB has a great shot at playing on Sunday afternoons in the near future!

Also, to answer the "Why is SIU still so low?"
Well, Sag scores their SOS at 203... for a little perspective to this number, Montana's SOS is 211.

That's because Montana doesn't get to play themselves. :D

poly51
October 1st, 2007, 05:12 PM
Here are some interesting stats on Montana against some FCS opponents. No conclusions, just stats.

Montana 37 Southern Utah 17 Total yards Montana 370 SUU 304
North Dakota 37 Southern Utah 10 Total Yards UND 550 SUU 242
Southern Illinois 44 Southern Utah 10 Total Yards SIU 500 SUU 287
McNeese St 41 Southern Utah 20 Total Yards McNeese 436 SUU 419

Montana 18 Weber State 10 Total Yards Montana 311 Weber State 242
Cal Poly 47 Weber State 19 Total yards Cal Poly 513 Weber State 270

AZGrizFan
October 1st, 2007, 05:20 PM
Here are some interesting stats on Montana against some FCS opponents. No conclusions, just stats.

Ah, the transitive argument rears its ugly head once again. I have one question for you, Poly: How many snaps did ND's, SIU's, or McNeese's 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th stringers see against SUU? I can tell you that Montana played EVERY SINGLE INDIVIDUAL in uniform that day. Every one.

2nd: Would you have been more impressed if Montana had punched it in instead of ending the game on SUU's 5 yard line? That would have made the score 44-10....would that have looked more like an a**-whooping?

3rd: Perhaps Montana is just more "efficient", scoring 37 points on just 370 yards total offense, while ND took 550 to score the same amount of points, and SIU only got 7 more points out of that additional 130 yards of offense....

Just thoughts to consider.... xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex

ChickenMan
October 1st, 2007, 05:48 PM

That class would be.. 'Logic 101'..... :p

Appaholic
October 1st, 2007, 05:57 PM

Furman & Montana would kill them......xcoffeex

Appaholic
October 1st, 2007, 06:06 PM
Well, Samford and Sons not actually in yet.xrolleyesx So there's one.

I'd say UTC, but then again, they beat GSU in Statesboro.....so maybe we give GSU........:D

Tod
October 1st, 2007, 06:06 PM
Furman & Montana would kill them......xcoffeex

xeyebrowx

Furman would get stomped.

Montana might have a chance, in Missoula. Anywhere else, SIU wins.

UM needs to improve over the season to have a shot.

NZNCRZY
October 1st, 2007, 06:08 PM

Stephen F. Austin 19 North Dakota 28
South Dakota 45 Stepthen F. Austin 0

Not sure what your point is, would you say than that South Dakota State is a better team than North Dakota state. I haven't heard much how North Dakota almost lost that game to Unranked Stephen F. Austin. Also if you look back at the championship teams you will see several games that were close to unranked opponents.

Appaholic
October 1st, 2007, 06:09 PM
xeyebrowx

Furman would get stomped.

Montana might have a chance, in Missoula. Anywhere else, SIU wins.

UM needs to improve over the season to have a shot.

I didn't realize Montana actually played football outside of Missoula....xwhistlex

Maroons
October 1st, 2007, 06:47 PM

I like you Lehigh Football Nation. I like you a lot.

drpnut
October 1st, 2007, 06:57 PM
To The Citadel guys who are hatin' on Wofford. I remind you guys that we have owned you the last ten years (8-2). We have a lot better team this year than we have had in the last few years.

Furman is a lot bigger game psychologically for us and we put the beat-down on them. I expect the Citadel to play better, but we will bring it again this week.

Wofford 35-- Citadel 24.

Peace out

PantherRob82
October 1st, 2007, 08:52 PM

I dropped Hampton once I saw them play.

PantherRob82
October 1st, 2007, 08:53 PM
No way Furman should be ranked at this point.

Furman's 3 losses are all to the top 15. Why should they be out? xconfusedx

FargoBison
October 1st, 2007, 08:55 PM
Furman's 3 losses are all to the top 15. Why should they be out? xconfusedx

Their closest loss is by 15 points, if your 1-3 and ranked you better at least be playing them close.

CID1990
October 1st, 2007, 09:01 PM

Davidson, CofC and UNCG. It's that damn simple. We'll never miss them.

CID1990
October 1st, 2007, 09:08 PM
To The Citadel guys who are hatin' on Wofford. I remind you guys that we have owned you the last ten years (8-2)

And we owned you for the whole previous century, so what? Go ahead and bring your 2007 SoCon championship trophy with you to the game. Let your players rub it on the way down to Charleston.

We have a lot better team this year than we have had in the last few years.

So do we.

BULLDOG8180
October 1st, 2007, 10:13 PM
To The Citadel guys who are hatin' on Wofford. I remind you guys that we have owned you the last ten years (8-2). We have a lot better team this year than we have had in the last few years.

Furman is a lot bigger game psychologically for us and we put the beat-down on them. I expect the Citadel to play better, but we will bring it again this week.

Wofford 35-- Citadel 24.

Peace out

Not hating brother, yes woffy has had success over the past eight years, and obviously your team is good, but you ain't played these Bulldogs. Similar to the team that tripled wofford in total yards, first downs' and time of possession last year, but the team this year finishes the job. Be ready and woffy better bring their "A" game. See you in Charleston.xnodx

Pard4Life
October 1st, 2007, 10:44 PM
I do not understand why Lehigh is receiving votes.. in their win over Harvard, Lehigh played terribly.. only won because Harvard blew the game.. I was there too..

RabidRabbit
October 1st, 2007, 10:49 PM
Stephen F. Austin 19 North Dakota 28
South Dakota 45 Stepthen F. Austin 0

Not sure what your point is, would you say than that South Dakota State is a better team than North Dakota state. I haven't heard much how North Dakota almost lost that game to Unranked Stephen F. Austin. Also if you look back at the championship teams you will see several games that were close to unranked opponents.

NDSU 41, WIU 28 (4th game of season)
SDSU -3 to WIU (1st game of season)

The first game of the season, frequently exposes issues that you didn't know you had. SDSU learned from that, and so did NDSU vs SFA. Now you're starting to see good teams jelling, and sticking it to their opponents. Is NDSU better than SDSU? We'll find out 11/18 in Brookings! The Bison have always brought good teams to the games, and the Bunnies have won some too vs Bison, and more frequently in Brookings than in Fargo.

Peems
October 1st, 2007, 10:57 PM
I'm glad to see that certain Montana posters are now jumping on the "Montana is overrated and will never beat a decent team" bandwagon. Keep on keepin on Griz!!!

BisonBacker
October 1st, 2007, 11:03 PM
NDSU 41, WIU 28 (4th game of season)
SDSU -3 to WIU (1st game of season)

The first game of the season, frequently exposes issues that you didn't know you had. SDSU learned from that, and so did NDSU vs SFA. Now you're starting to see good teams jelling, and sticking it to their opponents. Is NDSU better than SDSU? We'll find out 11/18 in Brookings! The Bison have always brought good teams to the games, and the Bunnies have won some too vs Bison, and more frequently in Brookings than in Fargo.

Thats going to be one hell of a game.xnodx

Hansel
October 1st, 2007, 11:06 PM
Ah, the transitive argument rears its ugly head once again. I have one question for you, Poly: How many snaps did ND's, SIU's, or McNeese's 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th stringers see against SUU? I can tell you that Montana played EVERY SINGLE INDIVIDUAL in uniform that day. Every one.

No, they didn't- according to the player participation stats (unless the griz have less than 60 players) The other three teams played SUU in Cedar City and I think travelin' squads are limited to ~55 guys- so they couldn't have played as many guys.

Scores at the end of Three quarters-

Montana 17
SUU 9

North Dakota 30
SUU 0

SIU 41
SUU 3

McNeese 34
SUU 7

Cal Poly 47
Weber 19

Boise St 56
Weber 7

Montana 15
Weber 10

Montana State 21
Weber 3

Weber and SUU are both winless, yet both were within a touchdown (and a 2pt) of Montana at the end of three quarters, whereas in their other games SUU was losing by an average of 31.7 points (median 30), while Weber was down an average of 35 (median 28)

The griz have been far less than impressive this year- however I do think they will play better and probably win at least a first round playoff game (in Missoula of course ;) )

JALMOND
October 1st, 2007, 11:08 PM
I find it more than a little odd that Yale gets all the love for a 3-0 record and wins over FCS powerhouses Georgetown (barely), Cornell and Holy Cross, yet Southern, at 5-0, gets no love at all. What exactly is the basis of rating Yale so high? What have they done this year to merit a ranking above Montana State, the second Big Sky team in the poll? By the poll, it shows that Yale would be the second best team in the Big Sky, is this really the case? My God, easterners, lift thine eyes west of the Mississippi for once!!!

Hell, forget Chatty. NDSU and Yale can just play for the NC themselves. How about best 2 out of 3?

ngineer
October 1st, 2007, 11:16 PM
It is obvious that a number of teams are still garnering votes due to preseason hype and last season's performance..There are a number I cannot understand too (Richmond below UNH who it just beat, and the Wildcat's second loss??) Some teams are winning,,"but not by enough" (that's always a tough one to gauge). Some teams play up or down to their opponents..same goes for the 'moral victories' (i.e. Furman's FBS losses). Gotta start looking at the overall picture as the leaves start turnin'....xreadx

VT Wildcat Fan53
October 1st, 2007, 11:22 PM
I just think a Hofstra or Richmond at 8-3 might miss out because the committee will be afraid to let more than 4 teams in from the CAA.

Don't look now, but if (& it is a big "IF") UNH gets by Delaware AT HOME in a shootout to go 3-2, the Wildcats also have a great chance to finish 8-3. Left would be

IONA at Home WIN

AT Hofstra TOUGH GAME,but Hofstra has struggled recently vs non-competitive teams WIN

RHODE ISLAND at Home WIN

NORTHEASTERN at Home NOT EASY, but payback is in order, especially at home WIN

AT Massachusetts Toss out the Records and it is a TOSSUP

MAINE at Home. Maine can't score enough to keep up with Santos. WIN

8-3 is definitely a possibility. Who knows, beat UD and maybe they run the table to go 9-2 if UMASS self-destructs, given their propensity for untimely penalties, and Santos pulls out one more miracle... xthumbsupx

DelState05
October 2nd, 2007, 12:37 AM
Why isnt Del State ahead of Hampton thats just not right

blukeys
October 2nd, 2007, 03:27 AM
Why isnt Del State ahead of Hampton thats just not right

I voted Del State ahead of Hampton, Richmond ahead of UNH, and Wofford ahead of App State. My rationale is that if you beat someone you should be ranked ahead of them. xsmiley_wix I guess not everyone agrees.

blukeys
October 2nd, 2007, 04:34 AM

How did your team do in the CAA classroom this year??? ;) ;)

Tod
October 2nd, 2007, 04:57 AM
No, they didn't- according to the player participation stats (unless the griz have less than 60 players) The other three teams played SUU in Cedar City and I think travelin' squads are limited to ~55 guys- so they couldn't have played as many guys.

Scores at the end of Three quarters-

Montana 17
SUU 9

North Dakota 30
SUU 0

SIU 41
SUU 3

McNeese 34
SUU 7

Cal Poly 47
Weber 19

Boise St 56
Weber 7

Montana 15
Weber 10

Montana State 21
Weber 3

Weber and SUU are both winless, yet both were within a touchdown (and a 2pt) of Montana at the end of three quarters, whereas in their other games SUU was losing by an average of 31.7 points (median 30), while Weber was down an average of 35 (median 28)

The griz have been far less than impressive this year- however I do think they will play better and probably win at least a first round playoff game (in Missoula of course ;) )

xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx

Very nice, Gil! Way to choose the stats to make your point! No matter that SUU played 32 players and Montana played 59, the point is moot, isn't it?

According to montanagrizzlies.com, we have 91 players. Now, can you tell me how many are injured, redshirting, etc.?

Didn't think so.

xrolleyesx

If I had the time, I'd love to take a look at your third quarter figures, too. My guess is that you chose third quarter (silly me, I thought football was a four quarter game) to make a point. My guess is that the Griz scored more in the fourth than those other teams you listed. Right? xlolx xlolx

Tribe4SF
October 2nd, 2007, 05:14 AM
I'm with Blukeys. UNH ahead of Richmond is just wrong. Same with Delaware State and Wofford. Delaware State beat Hampton on Hampton's field.

I have Furman out as well. Their losses to Hofstra and Wofford weren't close. Cumulative score 77-37.

windwalker
October 2nd, 2007, 06:03 AM
I dropped Montana in my poll for the same reason.xrulesx
Ditto here also.

OL FU
October 2nd, 2007, 07:25 AM
How did your team do in the CAA classroom this year??? ;) ;)

Yeah but we suckxlolx Wait until you play one of the big three. ASU, Cit or Woffordxnodx

813Jag
October 2nd, 2007, 07:31 AM
I find it more than a little odd that Yale gets all the love for a 3-0 record and wins over FCS powerhouses Georgetown (barely), Cornell and Holy Cross, yet Southern, at 5-0, gets no love at all. What exactly is the basis of rating Yale so high? What have they done this year to merit a ranking above Montana State, the second Big Sky team in the poll? By the poll, it shows that Yale would be the second best team in the Big Sky, is this really the case? My God, easterners, lift thine eyes west of the Mississippi for once!!!

Hell, forget Chatty. NDSU and Yale can just play for the NC themselves. How about best 2 out of 3?

I'm fine with where we stand right now, there were no expectations for this kind of start for Southern by most folks. The next two weeks makes their season. And just to be technical we're east of the Mississippi. xlolx

CID1990
October 2nd, 2007, 08:57 AM
Yeah but we suckxlolx Wait until you play one of the big three. ASU, Cit or Woffordxnodx

Holy Cow, OL FU, how much did Citdog pay you to put El Cid in your big three?

HensRock
October 2nd, 2007, 09:03 AM
Wait until you play one of the big three. ASU, Cit or Woffordxnodx

Man, does THAT sound wierd!

McTailGator
October 2nd, 2007, 10:34 AM
You people can't make up your minds on whether Yale is a cupcake or a power.

Until they (and any other school that limits their competition) start playing, competing, and BEATING Perennial top 16 teams, MY mind is made up.

mlbowl
October 2nd, 2007, 12:30 PM
Until they (and any other school that limits their competition) start playing, competing, and BEATING Perennial top 16 teams, MY mind is made up.

You mean competition like Portland State, Southern Utah and Div II South Dakota?

Death Dealer
October 2nd, 2007, 12:46 PM

Man, does THAT sound wierd!

Temporary glitch in the system. Nothing to see here! You folks just move along, move along.xwhistlex

citdog
October 2nd, 2007, 12:49 PM
Holy Cow, OL FU, how much did Citdog pay you to put El Cid in your big three?

I HAVE TO ADMIT I SLIPPED HIM A LITTLE SOMETHING UNDER THE TABLE!xrotatehx

OL FU
October 2nd, 2007, 01:04 PM
sorry I meant to say THE citxnodx

slostang
October 2nd, 2007, 01:09 PM
You mean competition like Portland State, Southern Utah and Div II South Dakota?

Hey, aren't two of those teams on Montana's schedule? Last I checked Montana also had a DII team on their schedule this year. At least USD is a ranked DII team.

Peems
October 2nd, 2007, 01:50 PM
Hey, aren't two of those teams on Montana's schedule? Last I checked Montana also had a DII team on their schedule this year. At least USD is a ranked DII team.

His point was that the Mcneese poster isn't even giving Yale a chance. Yes we have all those teams on our schedule. minus USD. Of course you knew that you just were being a smarta$$

mlbowl
October 2nd, 2007, 02:44 PM
Hey, aren't two of those teams on Montana's schedule? Last I checked Montana also had a DII team on their schedule this year.

Ding Ding Ding.....You just figured out blues clues...Heard anyone bash the Griz schedule lately??? Ummmm , only in 300 different threadsxrolleyesx I was trying to point out the hypocrisy. BTW...Those three teams were 3 of the first 4 teams McNeese St. faced...

Jag4Life
October 3rd, 2007, 06:09 AM

NO RESPECT I GUESS.

OL FU
October 3rd, 2007, 07:01 AM
Has anybody mentioned lately that Furman is over ratedxconfusedx xoopsx

MarkCCU
October 3rd, 2007, 07:13 AM
FUrman and Citadel are overrated.

You're welcome

mebisonII
October 3rd, 2007, 07:17 AM
I HAVE TO ADMIT I SLIPPED HIM A LITTLE SOMETHING UNDER THE TABLE!xrotatehx

I don't want to know about your schmeckle....

MSUfan2010
October 6th, 2007, 04:46 PM
A win by MSU put them in this week finally?