PDA

View Full Version : Great West Week 6 Predictions

BisonBacker
October 1st, 2007, 08:41 AM
SUU VS. Montana State---Montana State should be able to put this one away easily.

Cal-Poly---Bye Week

SDSU VS. Georgia Southern---I'm picking SDSU in a close game. I think Georgia Southern is a much improved team from last year and SDSU has been known for being an up and down team but they seem to have things on track right now. Georgia Southern will prove they are improved from last year but SDSU has been tough all year. SDSU represents the GWFC and will show the folks in Statesboro the GWFC is a tough conference.

NDSU VS. UCDavis---NDSU's homecoming game will not be a friendly atmosphere for UCDavis. The Aggies have been known to play tough on the road in the dome and even though it's been an up and down year for them I think they will give NDSU a good game but in the end I don't see them taking down the reigning GWFC Champs. NDSU by 17

BisonBacker
October 1st, 2007, 11:14 PM
Man isn't anyone else going to take a shot?xconfusedx

cowbellnation
October 2nd, 2007, 12:46 AM
SUU vs. Montana State -- Bobcats

UC-Davis vs. NDSU -- NDSU

GSU vs. SDSU -- SDSU's Parker Douglass kicks a 42 yard field goal with :38 seconds remaining to make the score 27-23. Eagles get the ball back, after an incompletion on first down, Foster's pass is picked off in a Jacks prevent defense by Jimmy Rodgers, who after running down field for about 4 seconds slides to the ground, so Ryan Berry and company can line up in the victory formation. SDSU wins 27-23

slostang
October 2nd, 2007, 01:21 AM
Montana State over Southern Utah in a game closer than most think.

NDSU over UC Davis in a game that the Aggies give the Bison a great game but come up short in the fourth quarter.

SDSU over GSU in a game of speed against power. Power wins this one and the Jacks continue to roll.

The bye could not come at a better time for Cal Poly. The Mustang are banged up and need the week to get players healthy before they start a brutal four game road trip. Look out Aggies, the Mustang should come in rested and looking to start the 4 game trip on the right note by beating the Aggies in their new stadium. It should be a great game.

Poly Pigskin
October 2nd, 2007, 02:51 AM
MSU over SUU - the TBirds slide toward 0-11 continues...

NDSU over UC Davis - Davis has been inconsistent, the Bison haven't. This one might get a little ugly folks.

SDSU over GSU - After a tough start, the Jackrabbits are rolling. SDSU picks up their first road win, and a big one at that.

swaghook
October 2nd, 2007, 04:43 AM
MSU over SUU -SUU will score there usual 10 or so but MSU beats them by a couple of TDs+

NDSU over UC Davis - Close game for the first half giving the fans a scare until the thrid qtr when the bison put the game out of reach.

SDSU over GSU - GSU over runs the bunnies.

RabidRabbit
October 2nd, 2007, 05:11 AM
NDSU seems to be on a roll. Especially in Fargo. Homecoming, opening conference game......spells trouble for the UC-Davis Aggies. Will this be like Cal Poly's Fargo visit last year, or will the Aggies pull an upset ala SDSU's upset at Poly's homecoming last year? Bison 34 - Aggies 17

In the only SoCon vs GWFC game this season, Ga Southern hosts the SDSU Jacks in Statesboro. Ga Southern is 3-1, losing to UT Chatty. Jacks are 2-3, munching on two Southland teams, and losing two tight Gateway match ups, and getting manhandled by UNI. I think the Rabbits are ready to get their first win vs GSU. Jackrabbits 27 - Eagles 24

Cal Poly savors their Idle win.....loss....tiexconfusedx xconfusedx

SUU at Montana St. T-birds 0-11 death spiral. Although T-Birds will make this a game. MT St. 34 - SUU 24

straightshooter
October 2nd, 2007, 05:41 AM
Love the conference homerism here. All but one picking SDSU over GSU. There's a similar thread on the SoCon games this weekend, and all but one or two are picking GSU to win.

Could be a shootout, and it probably depends on which GSU D shows up. They held WCU to 1 yard rushing through three quarters last Saturday before the third and fourth string gave up a couple of late scores. GSU should have their starting MLB back after injuries caused him to miss the last two and a half games. GSU moved some folks around last week to get more speed off the corners, which resulted in five sacks and many QB hurries, as opposed to no sacks against UTC.

Jayson Foster is still leading the nation in rushing at almost 200 yards per game, and now he's found a passing game as well. Foster is 27-30 in his last two games, so SDSU can't just key on stopping his 4.3 speed.

GSU has been starting their fourth string RB the last two games since #1 and 2 have ankle injuries and #3 is out for the season. Lamar Lewis, the #1 guy should be back this week. He averaged 178 yards rushing the first two games

This will be the first time SDSU has seen GSU's new spread offense. GSU was running their triple option offense the first two times the teams played and they averaged 59 points a game against SDSU. Foster was the QB in 2005 and the Jacks had no answer for him, but this is a totally different offense.

SDSU has a real chance because they are a big, physical and disciplined team. They seem to be hitting on all cylinders now, but instead of 15,000 fans cheering for them at home, they'll have 20,000 rabid Eagle fans cheering against them at Paulson. My guess is that GSU is taking this game very seriously, and I know that SDSU would love to get a win in Statesboro.

Weatherman says 90 and humid on Saturday in Statesboro, but it's a bit late in the year for the gnats.

Gil Dobie
October 2nd, 2007, 07:12 AM
SUU VS. Montana State - Montana St continues the SUU Death March
SDSU VS. Georgia Southern - Georgia Southern at home
NDSU VS. UCDavis - UCD has won the last two at the Fargodome with better teams than they have this year, NDSU in a sqeeker

spelunker64
October 2nd, 2007, 07:35 AM
SUU VS. Montana State - Montana State
SDSU VS. Georgia Southern - SDSU
NDSU VS. UCDavis - NDSU

slostang
October 2nd, 2007, 07:04 PM
Anyone else got a take on this weeks GWFC games?

Question for Bison fans. I know they will have video streaming of the NDSU/UC Davis game, but will it be archived and if so how soon? I want to watch the game, but have other obligations at during the game.

JBB
October 2nd, 2007, 07:34 PM
Yea.

Montana over SUU: This is a logical call. I dont even sense an upset. You have to have some drama surrounding a game to get an upset. If SUU did win that might be the spark they need to bring some attention and fun into the program?

Go Thunderbirds. Make it fun!!! xthumbsupx
NDSU over UCD: I just dont think UCD has enough. Ive talked about this in detail on other threads and boards. Keys: NDSU has to neutralize the UCD running attack. NDSU has to get their game on both sides of the ball. If they can do that, give UCD their game, its still NDSU by 15.

There is upset potential for the Aggies. They didnt get the reputation of being good for nothing.

SDSU/GSU: Reserving judgment until later in the week. This is a game of interest!
xreadx

Ps. BISON game audio will be archived for sure at www.gobison.com. You will have to pay money.