PDA

View Full Version : kickers

SoDakState
September 30th, 2007, 07:05 PM
our kicker Parker Douglas nailed a 57 yard field goal this weekend vs SFA. i was wondering if thats the longest so far this season in the nation (FBS or FCS)

Frosty The Snowbuff
September 30th, 2007, 07:38 PM
our kicker Parker Douglas nailed a 57 yard field goal this weekend vs SFA. i was wondering if thats the longest so far this season in the nation (FBS or FCS)

I dunno off the top of my head...but I do know Ryan Harrison of Air Force kicked a 57-yarder vs TCU two weeks ago.....

I'll have check on that...

SoDakState
September 30th, 2007, 09:27 PM
yeah, i found out those field goals top both leagues followed closely by 55 yarders by Taylor ROwan of Western Illi and Jake Rogers of Cinncinatti

JackTwice
September 30th, 2007, 10:07 PM
The worst part is that Parker lost a 60+ yarder to a holding call against UC Davis 2 years ago at the end of a half.

blur2005
October 1st, 2007, 12:49 AM
Didn't Vinatieri go to SDSU? SDSU is going to become Kicker U.xrotatehx

Grizzaholic
October 1st, 2007, 11:19 AM
I know this isn't FCS and I know this wasn't in a game, but did anybody catch the Colorado kicker kick one from 70 in pre-game warmups??

Damn impressive!

UNHFan99
October 1st, 2007, 11:24 AM
That was Oklahoma's kicker kicking at Colorado during pregame warmups i think. Not totally sure.

unigriff
October 1st, 2007, 11:30 AM
not as big as hitting a 50 yarder in the national Title game;) hehehe...

Laserlips
October 1st, 2007, 01:05 PM
Makes absolutely no difference in the upcoming contest between the Jackrabbits and the Eagles this coming Saturday.

SOCON rules do not allow for field goal attempts beyond midfield. (Something about a fan was injured in an errant kick someplace years ago).

So Jacks, leave that strong-legged rabbit in the hutch in S.D and bring an extra something else.. (Cheerleader?)

Just thought I'd let you know of the seldom used SOCON rule.

Best Wishes,

J.Pomeroy
(GSU HOMER)

P.S. PLEASE leave that stong-legged kicker home!

Frosty The Snowbuff
October 1st, 2007, 03:00 PM
That was Oklahoma's kicker kicking at Colorado during pregame warmups i think. Not totally sure.

That was Garrett Hartley of Oklahoma nailing those kicks (at High-Altitude I might add)....Our current kicker has a reputation of missing every kick except game-winners apparently...lol.

Although Mason Crosby could hit those in practice also when he was there :D

JackTwice
October 1st, 2007, 03:17 PM
Makes absolutely no difference in the upcoming contest between the Jackrabbits and the Eagles this coming Saturday.

SOCON rules do not allow for field goal attempts beyond midfield. (Something about a fan was injured in an errant kick someplace years ago).

So Jacks, leave that strong-legged rabbit in the hutch in S.D and bring an extra something else.. (Cheerleader?)

Just thought I'd let you know of the seldom used SOCON rule.

Best Wishes,

J.Pomeroy
(GSU HOMER)

P.S. PLEASE leave that stong-legged kicker home!

I just hope we wear his leg out against you...

ON EXTRA POINTS and Kickoffs :D

SoDakState
October 2nd, 2007, 10:15 AM
Didn't Vinatieri go to SDSU? SDSU is going to become Kicker U.xrotatehx

yup, Vinatieri went to sdsu but Douglas has basically broken all of his records