PDA

View Full Version : State Fair Classic

SU Jag
September 30th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Great game from what I've been hearing. PV is surely headed in the right direction.xnodx

Big Dawg
September 30th, 2007, 05:06 PM
Yeah...tough break for the Panthers, though.

SU Jag
September 30th, 2007, 06:18 PM
What was the attendence for the game?

TexasTerror
September 30th, 2007, 06:43 PM
What was the attendence for the game?

This is not the PVA&M we all knew. This is a legitimate squad. Wish we could see them compete against a few more FCS opponents outside of the SWAC. They only have one OOC -- did they never schedule an 11th opponent?

DFW HOYA
September 30th, 2007, 08:30 PM
The game doesn't get the attention is should--55,000 for a neutral site game is worth talking about, but in shadow of the Texas/OU game it doesn't get enough coverage.

MACHIAVELLI
September 30th, 2007, 08:36 PM
It was a fluke.

SU Jag
September 30th, 2007, 09:10 PM
The game doesn't get the attention is should--55,000 for a neutral site game is worth talking about, but in shadow of the Texas/OU game it doesn't get enough coverage.

Welcome to FCS! The Magic City City Classis is the biggest sporting even in the city of Birmigham, drawing over 67,000+ to the game and around 100,000 to the Legion Feild area, but for some reason the mainstreem sports talk stations talk about everything else that week including UAB footballxsmhx WTF?!?!?!?! If you wanna here Bama State/A&M talk you have to tune into the AM station thats the oldest in the city, and you can barely hear it.xsmhx Sad!

TexasTerror
September 30th, 2007, 09:35 PM
It was a fluke.

What was a fluke? PVA&M playing tight with Grambling? xlolx

DFW HOYA
September 30th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Welcome to FCS! The Magic City Classic is the biggest sporting even in the city of Birmigham, drawing over 67,000+ to the game and around 100,000 to the Legion Feild area

That's well and good, but I was talking about coverage in the local Dallas market where the GSU-PV A&M game is held.

SU Jag
September 30th, 2007, 09:39 PM
That's well and good, but I was talking about coverage in the local Dallas market where the GSU-PV A&M game is held.

I was talking about the same thing!

Panther88
September 30th, 2007, 10:50 PM
I think there's a lot of bitter history w/ PV about the texas state fair. We've been playing this game for well over 50+ years against various opponents during "Negro Day" @ the fair. :) (this is very true)

Being in the backyard, literally, of UNT, SMU, TCU, and even regionalized Baylor doesn't bode well for a "division II schools" (as they so eloquently call FCS ) PVAMU or GSU to come in and outdraw EACH of these LARGE I-A respective schools in their own backyard. xlolx The locals cannot STAND it!

I recall quite a few years ago, they did an "experiment" and had college games EVERY single w/e in the cotton bowl hoping to piggyback off of the PVU-GSU and ou-utx games w/ SMU vs UNT (I think) and TCU vs someone else and both of those latter games combined BARELY cracked 11K. xlolx

Mach... it was NO fluke. We'll get over the hump next year! Until then, you're more than welcome to PRE-congratulate us on our commissioner's cup acquisition for 2007-08. You all offer no resistance to our other sports. xlolx

Mr. Tiger
September 30th, 2007, 10:59 PM
It was a fluke.

It sure was a fluke. How did Grambling pull it off? xlolx

SU Jag
September 30th, 2007, 11:01 PM
I think there's a lot of bitter history w/ PV about the texas state fair. We've been playing this game for well over 50+ years against various opponents during "Negro Day" @ the fair. :) (this is very true)

Being in the backyard, literally, of UNT, SMU, TCU, and even regionalized Baylor doesn't bode well for a "division II schools" (as they so eloquently call FCS ) PVAMU or GSU to come in and outdraw EACH of these LARGE I-A respective schools in their own backyard. xlolx The locals cannot STAND it!

I recall quite a few years ago, they did an "experiment" and had college games EVERY single w/e in the cotton bowl hoping to piggyback off of the PVU-GSU and ou-utx games w/ SMU vs UNT (I think) and TCU vs someone else and both of those latter games combined BARELY cracked 11K. xlolx

Mach... it was NO fluke. We'll get over the hump next year! Until then, you're more than welcome to PRE-congratulate us on our commissioner's cup acquisition for 2007-08. You all offer no resistance to our other sports. xlolx

Sounds like Birmingham, Al!xlolx Miles College outdraws UAB at their own stadium every year. It just kills the locals inside! A radio host here caught some heat for saying if the Magic City Classsic and the other big HBCU games in Birmingham was "white" events the city media would be all over them, but sine they're "black" events, many take the "well thats just for the black folks approach. He took heat for the comment but I think he was right.

MACHIAVELLI
October 1st, 2007, 06:46 AM
What was a fluke? PVA&M playing tight with Grambling? xlolx

yes

2007..ICON-17 vs pv-14
2006..ICON-53 vs pv-7
2005..ICON-50 vs pv-7
2004..ICON-53 vs pv 32
2003..ICON-65 vs pv-7
2002..ICON-35 vs pv-13
2001..ICON-40 vs pv-6
2000..ICON-47 vs pv-7
1999..ICON-47 vs PV-19
1998..ICON-55 vs pv-40

Big Dawg
October 1st, 2007, 01:54 PM
yes

2007..ICON-17 vs pv-14
2006..ICON-53 vs pv-7
2005..ICON-50 vs pv-7
2004..ICON-53 vs pv 32
2003..ICON-65 vs pv-7
2002..ICON-35 vs pv-13
2001..ICON-40 vs pv-6
2000..ICON-47 vs pv-7
1999..ICON-47 vs PV-19
1998..ICON-55 vs pv-40

Maybe PV is just getting better...

TexasTerror
October 1st, 2007, 02:37 PM
yes

2007..ICON-17 vs pv-14
2006..ICON-53 vs pv-7
2005..ICON-50 vs pv-7
2004..ICON-53 vs pv 32
2003..ICON-65 vs pv-7
2002..ICON-35 vs pv-13
2001..ICON-40 vs pv-6
2000..ICON-47 vs pv-7
1999..ICON-47 vs PV-19
1998..ICON-55 vs pv-40

Get used to it...

PVA&M is heading up and up...while leaving their fellow cellar dweller way in their dirt (so long TxSo!)...

Grambling is about to be caught from behind...xnodx

Panther88
October 1st, 2007, 07:41 PM
Maybe PV is just getting better...

It's a shame someone had to post this....

Mach knows the deal. He's just pulling our collar. lol What Gram NEEDS to do is put some purple/gold paint on that new gymnasium because they certainly won't put it to good use. xlolx We're going to bring the rafters down in that place w/ what we have in place for bball M-W. Trust. xlolx

MACHIAVELLI
October 1st, 2007, 08:18 PM
Mach knows the deal.

I sure do.

It was a fluke.

Panther88
October 2nd, 2007, 12:53 AM
I sure do.

What was thescore of the game? xconfusedx 110-0? xconfusedx

17-14 sure does sound like a blowout doesn't it? ::insert retarded smiley here::

MACHIAVELLI
October 2nd, 2007, 08:19 AM
What was thescore of the game? xconfusedx 110-0? xconfusedx
17-14 sure does sound like a blowout doesn't it?

It is a moral loss for THE ICON. But be real, this is the internet, people can look things up. This is the closest PV came to a win since winning 1986. People thought that PV was turning it around then. Now 20 years later. It gives you hope, that is fine. I remember people saying that PV would beat Grambling in 2006 because they beat southern. Well, you know what happened. PV's players play dirty, no doubt in part to the head coach.

Panther88
October 2nd, 2007, 11:32 AM
It is a moral loss for THE ICON. But be real, this is the internet, people can look things up. This is the closest PV came to a win since winning 1986. People thought that PV was turning it around then. Now 20 years later. It gives you hope, that is fine. I remember people saying that PV would beat Grambling in 2006 because they beat southern. Well, you know what happened. PV's players play dirty, no doubt in part to the head coach.

In 1986 we had ZERO coaching. xconfusedx We had PHYSICAL talent and most of which txferred in if memory serves correct. When Bishop lost their fball program, guess where quite a few attended? Hello.

In fact, I'd say we never had ANY semblance of coaching until Frzr and staff arrived some 3+ years ago. xconfusedx What he's put in place is longevity. THAT is why we can HONESTLY state "wait until next year." We'll be BIGGER, FASTER, and STRONGER. Everyone is totally clueless w/ regards to what we have walking our campus that is NOT playing this year. lol Elgibility has nothing to do w/ it either. xreadx

As far as "dirty" play? You've gotta' be kidding. I don't recall "friends" wearing black/gold jerseys befriending the purple/gold jersey'd guys. xconfusedx We're not laying down for anyone. We're here to win games. Not make friends on the gridiron. xconfusedx

See ya' next year. BASK in your 3 pt victory until then. xlolx BTW, we'll dominate you all in every sport you offer from now to May '08 except bowling. xlolx

MACHIAVELLI
October 2nd, 2007, 11:52 AM
THAT is why we can HONESTLY state "wait until next year." We'll be BIGGER, FASTER, and STRONGER. Everyone is totally clueless w/ regards to what we have walking our campus that is NOT playing this year.

As far as "dirty" play? You've gotta' be kidding. I don't recall "friends" wearing black/gold jerseys befriending the purple/gold jersey'd guys. xconfusedx We're not laying down for anyone. We're here to win games. Not make friends on the gridiron. xconfusedx

*Do you think that PV is the only team getting better? Myopic

*So is kicking a player in his chest while he is on the ground ok? Frazer will get his.

*Congrats on the win PV.

Panther88
October 2nd, 2007, 05:17 PM

*So is kicking a player in his chest while he is on the ground ok? Frazer will get his.

*Congrats on the win PV.

Yes. We're the only team getting better. xrolleyesx

Yes. Kicking him while he's down is a good thing because y'all have been KICKING US WHILE WE WERE DOWN FOR QUITE A WHILE. (do the math)xreadx

Yes. Congrats on YOUR 3 pt victory in the last minute and a half xlolx over hapless cellar-dweller perennial loser Prairie View A&M University.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!xlolx

Jag4Life
October 3rd, 2007, 05:48 AM

*Congrats on the win PV.

PVU players played the same way against SU. lol

Panther88
October 3rd, 2007, 08:37 AM
Stop making accusations and show the tape of the incident(s).

Otherwise, it's HIS-STORY and a L-I-E as far as I'm concerned. ;)

MACHIAVELLI
October 3rd, 2007, 08:41 AM
Yes. We're the only team getting better. xrolleyesx

Yes. Kicking him while he's down is a good thing because y'all have been KICKING US WHILE WE WERE DOWN FOR QUITE A WHILE. (do the math)xreadx

That explains it all. Loser mentality. I guess when you are not used to winning, you hang your hat on the little things. I am sure Frazier will tell his recruits, we almost beat THE ICON in 2007.

Despite loss to Grambling, optimism high at Prairie View (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/college/5183292.html)

Panther88
October 3rd, 2007, 10:03 AM
That explains it all. Loser mentality. I guess when you are not used to winning, you hang your hat on the little things. I am sure Frazier will tell his recruits, we almost beat THE ICON in 2007.

Despite loss to Grambling, optimism high at Prairie View (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/college/5183292.html)

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? *lil jon's voice*

Gram has INTENTIONALLY ran the score up in that game REGARDLESS of what we fielded on NUMEROUS occasions and w/ the game being out of reach! Call me a lie! Right. xrolleyesx What are we supposed to do? Forget about it(history)? Grab hands w/ the "enemy" and sing koom-ba-yah? Nope! Wrong team!

I'm surprised Frzr allowed handshakes post-game. People sure do have long-term memory loss don't they? Even PVers because I KNOW what I would've advocated towards PV's team! ;)

MACHIAVELLI
October 3rd, 2007, 10:37 AM
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? *lil jon's voice*

Gram has INTENTIONALLY ran the score up in that game REGARDLESS of what we fielded on NUMEROUS occasions and w/ the game being out of reach! Call me a lie! Right. xrolleyesx What are we supposed to do? Forget about it(history)? Grab hands w/ the "enemy" and sing koom-ba-yah? Nope! Wrong team!

I'm surprised Frzr allowed handshakes post-game. People sure do have long-term memory loss don't they? Even PVers because I KNOW what I would've advocated towards PV's team! ;)

Are we supposed to take a knee in the second quarter of the game because because pv doesn't take their athletics serious enough to invest? Many of the games were over in the first quarter. What do you expect to happen? We were beating you with 3rd stringers, trainers and the waterboys...err excuse me "hydration personnel." Please don't forget that in the 70's and 80's we were a Wing-T team and ran more than we passed. You don't want to know the average margin of victory. You got a better, that is good. You beat JSU in 2005, Southern and AAMU in 2006 wonderful. But in the same 2006 year Langston was beating you like a drum when Frazier punked out and wouldn't resume the game later or the following morning to avoid a loss. Frazier will get his.