PDA

View Full Version : SoCon predictions for October 6th.

catamount man
September 30th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Wofford 41 The Citadel 35 (5 star shootout and I'm recording this one!!!)
Furman 38 CCU 14
Elon 45 WCU 14 (we suck and will not win another game. BET ON IT!!!)
ASU 49 GW 9
Arkansas 43 UTC 14
GSU 30 S.Dakota State 10

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

BULLDOG8180
September 30th, 2007, 02:48 PM
A team that starts with a "W" scored 40+ on us. Another one, Wofford won't.

Mountain Panther
September 30th, 2007, 03:18 PM
GSU 30 S.Dakota State 10

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

SDSU is pretty hot right now....

September 22 Texas State W 38-3
September 29 Stephen F. Austin W 45-0

terrierbob
September 30th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Furman 38 CCU 14
ASU 49 GW 9
Arkansas 43 UTC 14
GSU 30 S.Dakota State 10

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Is the game between Wofford and The Citadel televised?

WoCoTerrier
September 30th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Yeah, its supposed to be on SportSouth.

catamount man
September 30th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Yeah, its supposed to be on SportSouth.

2pm to be exact. Wofford wins that one, you can pretty much go ahead and ship them the conference championship.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

terrierbob
September 30th, 2007, 04:26 PM
2pm to be exact. Wofford wins that one, you can pretty much go ahead and ship them the conference championship.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Now I'm trying to figure out how to extricate myself from an outing we've planned. Should have looked at the schedule months ago and planned accordingly.

bustingnut
September 30th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Now I'm trying to figure out how to extricate myself from an outing we've planned. Should have looked at the schedule months ago and planned accordingly.

Dont worry about it, I heard half the wofford team was found ineligable, theyre now having to forfeit the entire season...

ASU88
September 30th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Wofford - The Citadel. I can't call winner in this one. Looking forward to watching it, though. Game of the week.

ASU 45 - GW 10

Furman 34 - CCU 24

Elon 38 - WCU 17

Arkansas 59 - UTC 6. Sorry Chatty. I'll be pulling for you to do better, but ...

GSU 27 - SDSU 14

GSUhooligan
September 30th, 2007, 05:43 PM

At the beginning of the season, I thought this was going to be our first real test. And it still is. While SFA is bad and TSU-SM is far from their 2005 edition, the jackrabbits will have already faced far tougher opposition and will be ready to play. Not to mention the upper classmen will want to avenge their 2 losses to us in recent years.

We showed that we can distribute the ball and that we are not just a 1 man show, but that was against a team that would probably go 1-4 in the Big South (2-4 if you count presby). Still, the game is at home, and Foster may be all we need against big, strong (and slow: see OSU:UF)guys. I guess it'll be a close one, but we'll pull it out, 28-24.

Citadel in a close one
App by 3 TD's or more
Chatty loses by a lot
Elon by 17
Coastal by 7

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 30th, 2007, 06:00 PM
At the beginning of the season, I thought this was going to be our first real test. And it still is. While SFA is bad and TSU-SM is far from their 2005 edition, the jackrabbits will have already faced far tougher opposition and will be ready to play. Not to mention the upper classmen will want to avenge their 2 losses to us in recent years.

We showed that we can distribute the ball and that we are not just a 1 man show, but that was against a team that would probably go 1-4 in the Big South (2-4 if you count presby). Still, the game is at home, and Foster may be all we need against big, strong (and slow: see OSU:UF)guys. I guess it'll be a close one, but we'll pull it out, 28-24.

Citadel in a close one
App by 3 TD's or more
Chatty loses by a lot
Elon by 17
Coastal by 7

South Dakota State will see the best offense they have seen all year. Lamar Lewis will be back and I expect the defense to keep up the good work they have done for the past two games. I think we can win it by 10.

james_lawfirm
September 30th, 2007, 07:14 PM
A team that starts with a "W" scored 40+ on us. Another one, Wofford won't.

I did not think they would score more than 17 on ASU either. To be safe, you better plan on scoring 40+ also. Wofford is the real deal this year.

But I will be pulling for The Citadel all the way in this one.

OL FU
September 30th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Wofford The Citadel - Two teams that are hot as fire. I think this one could go either way. I'll pick Wofford just so that citdog can rag me if I am wrong and I can rag him if I am rightxnodx
Furman CCU - At this point I am not sure I would pick Furman very often. If we are not ahead by three touchdowns at the end of the first half, we don't win because we don't seem to think the second half countsxrolleyesx . I will pick us anyway because I think we are going to finally play a team that is struggling as much as we are.
Elon WCU - Elon by more than a couple of touchdowns
ASU GW - ASU by alot
Arkansas UTC - Arkansas by a lot
GSU S.Dakota State - The first good team GSU has played. The GWFC puts one on the SoCon.

appstate38
September 30th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Wofford - Citadel--- Could come down to who has the ball last.
Dogs 38 - Dogs 31

Furman- Coastal- Upset special Coastal over the Knights

Elon- WCU Why bother The Phoenix rise up and score as much as they want to.

ASU- GW Homecoming and keeping the streak alive. We don't lose at THE ROCK Apps big in this one

Arkansas- UTC-- Mocs should just get the check and get back on the bus.

GSU-S. Dakota--- If Foster is on, GSU runs away late

CID1990
September 30th, 2007, 09:05 PM
We still don't know just how good our team is, yet. Coach Higgins said the same thing in the Charleston paper after the UTC game. This weekend's game will certainly give us an idea.

OL FU
September 30th, 2007, 09:07 PM
South Dakota State will see the best offense they have seen all year. Lamar Lewis will be back and I expect the defense to keep up the good work they have done for the past two games. I think we can win it by 10.

SDSU's schedule in 2007xrolleyesx. Some comments are just to homerish to consider. xrolleyesx
Aug. 30 Western Illinois Macomb, Ill. 6:05 p.m.
Sept. 8 Youngstown State Youngstown, Ohio 6 p.m. ET
Sept. 15 Northern Iowa [Cereal Bowl] Coughlin-Alumni Stadium 7 p.m.
Sept. 22 Texas State [Beef Bowl] Coughlin-Alumni Stadium 7 p.m.
Sept. 29 Stephen F. Austin (Texas) [Hobo Day] Coughlin-Alumni Stadium 2 p.m.

SCPALADIN
September 30th, 2007, 09:10 PM
Wofford - Citadel--- Could come down to who has the ball last.
Dogs 38 - Dogs 31

xthumbsupx

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 30th, 2007, 09:58 PM
SDSU's schedule in 2007xrolleyesx. Some comments are just to homerish to consider. xrolleyesx
Aug. 30 Western Illinois Macomb, Ill. 6:05 p.m.
Sept. 8 Youngstown State Youngstown, Ohio 6 p.m. ET
Sept. 15 Northern Iowa [Cereal Bowl] Coughlin-Alumni Stadium 7 p.m.
Sept. 22 Texas State [Beef Bowl] Coughlin-Alumni Stadium 7 p.m.
Sept. 29 Stephen F. Austin (Texas) [Hobo Day] Coughlin-Alumni Stadium 2 p.m.

The keyword is offense. And I had forgotten that they played UNI. Other than UNI, I think it's safe to say we have a better O than those other teams. You people that picked GSU-Western to be close that are also now expecting GSU to get beat are going to be surprised again.

chattanoogamocs
October 1st, 2007, 03:39 AM
Arkansas 59 - UTC 6. Sorry Chatty. I'll be pulling for you to do better, but ...

Arkansas beat North Texas 66-7 on Saturday...so I take no offense by your prediction.

I feel like Charlie Brown...every time I think the Mocs have some momentum...Lucy pulls the ball out from under me and the Mocs lay a big fat egg.

Of course, for those who are ready for a coaching change...even the newspaper is saying the end could be near (and they also mentioned the unhappy alums on mocfans in today's paper....always love the only time they mention the messageboard is when times are tough)

OL FU
October 1st, 2007, 06:11 AM
The keyword is offense. And I had forgotten that they played UNI. Other than UNI, I think it's safe to say we have a better O than those other teams. You people that picked GSU-Western to be close that are also now expecting GSU to get beat are going to be surprised again.

I heard offense that is why I posted their schedule. UNI is the obvious one. I have no doubt that you guys have a good offense but before you compare it to UNI, or YSU, you need to play somebody who has a defensexnodx

That would not be FU:o

CamelCityAppFan
October 1st, 2007, 07:30 AM
For the 3rd week in a row, Wofford is in the SoCon game of the week. Can they win for a 3rd week in row? I hope not...

(I can't believe I'm saying this) GO DOGS!

CID1990
October 1st, 2007, 08:03 AM
For the 3rd week in a row, Wofford is in the SoCon game of the week. Can they win for a 3rd week in row? I hope not...

(I can't believe I'm saying this) GO DOGS!

Come on over to the Dark Side and get a free cookie!

OL FU
October 1st, 2007, 08:06 AM
Come on over to the Dark Side and get a free cookie!

I would but I don't think I could cut the knob yearxsmiley_wix

MarkCCU
October 1st, 2007, 08:06 AM
Furman 38 CCU 14
ASU 49 GW 9
Arkansas 43 UTC 14
GSU 30 S.Dakota State 10

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

I've got to say that Furman, ASU, Elon, GSU and Citadel will all be victorious! Wofford is a great, great team that the Citadel will play thier best, but won't be victorious.

The Paladins v.s Chanticleers: Furman, easily, but Coastal will make some plays.xbawlingx xbawlingx

ASU vs GWebb: nuff said

BULLDOG8180
October 1st, 2007, 08:10 AM

I hear it is a lot easier than it used to be, but back in the old corp............xsmhx , no you probably couldn't have cut it.xsmiley_wix

OL FU
October 1st, 2007, 08:12 AM
I hear it is a lot easier than it used to be, but back in the old corp............xsmhx , no you probably couldn't have cut it.xsmiley_wix

Yep, I have alwasy believed that a person would have to want to cut it.

and I don't even want to think of the mentality required for thatxsmiley_wix xthumbsupx

Death Dealer
October 1st, 2007, 08:27 AM

OK! I have three very good friends who are old corp., and I gotta tell you, if those three clowns could do it?xwhistlex xlolxxsmiley_wix

ButlerGSU
October 1st, 2007, 10:13 AM
the SDSU game will not be an easy win, they will come to play and looking for a little revenge after the two previous meetings.

We'll have our hands full.

Eaglesrus
October 1st, 2007, 10:39 AM
Furman 38 CCU 14
ASU 49 GW 9
Arkansas 43 UTC 14
GSU 30 S.Dakota State 10

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

I would agree with all of these picks except that I expect our game to be closer. I'm just hoping that we will wear out their defense and pull it out at the end.

BULLDOG8180
October 1st, 2007, 10:41 AM
OK! I have three very good friends who are old corp., and I gotta tell you, if those three clowns could do it?xwhistlex xlolxxsmiley_wix

Clowns usually do pretty good, its the serious folks that sometimes struggle.xnodx

CID1990
October 1st, 2007, 10:55 AM

Just put on a skirt and some lipstick, and we'll give you a volleyball scholly and you'll do fine.

GoldandBlack
October 1st, 2007, 10:56 AM
Just put on a skirt and some lipstick, and we'll give you a volleyball scholly and you'll do fine.

Please, no! That's a mental picture I don't need on Monday morning!xoopsx xeekx

Mountaineer#96
October 1st, 2007, 11:47 AM
Citadel 31 - Wofford 28 .......the cadets block the tying field goal as time expires!

ASU 52 - Gardner Webb - 10........ the 'neers welcome the Dogs to The Rock. We need a statement to the SOCON, "The running game is back".

Furman 27 - CCU 20.....come on Purple People eaters don't let us down.

*upset special* WCU 24 - Elon 23......... The Cats show up!!!!

Arkansas A LOT - U.T.C Not so much

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 1st, 2007, 11:52 AM
Citadel 31 - Wofford 28 .......the cadets block the tying field goal as time expires!

ASU 52 - Gardner Webb - 10........ the 'neers welcome the Dogs to The Rock. We need a statement to the SOCON, "The running game is back".

Furman 27 - CCU 20.....come on Purple People eaters don't let us down.

*upset special* WCU 24 - Elon 23......... The Cats show up!!!!

Arkansas A LOT - U.T.C Not so much

Ahem! xnonox

OL FU
October 1st, 2007, 12:41 PM

I have heard to many stories about you boys to even consider that one.

Black and Gold Express
October 1st, 2007, 01:06 PM
WOF/CIT - With ASU not being on TV, I'll be watching this one with the sound off and listening to ASN. Easily the game of the week. Citadel is going to learn what we learned and Furman learned - Wofford is for real. If the Bulldogs can keep this one close, they'll make a statement as well, but I'm starting to think Wofford's going to run over the rest of the SoCon unfortunately.

WOF - 48
CIT - 21

FUR/CCU - Did last week's bitchslapping by Wofford singal the end of the season for Furman? Count me as surprised that Furman put up such a weak second half effort. Still, I have to think they have enough to be a still-green CCU team.

FUR - 28
CCU - 24

ELO/WCU - Elon is on the rise, and it's legit. They are definitely a mid-pack SoCon team right now, and they are very young. Western seems like they are on a runaway train about to hit a mountain, and this game shouldn't be pretty.

ELO - 49
WCU - 16

UTC/ARK - Only way this is close is if Darren McFadden doesn't play. He proably won't... in teh second half.

UTC - 6
ARK - 52

SDSU/GSU - An interesting OOC game for the Eagles. Don't know much about SDSU, other than they aren't NDSU so this one should be a good win for the Eagles.

SDSU - 20
GSU 45

G-W/ASU - ASU's Homecoming game, and the last game before a much, much needed bye week. Last season G-W gave it their all, and were blown out in the second half. Another near 28,000 crowd should be at The Rock for this one, and this one should be over by the 4th quarter.

G-W - 17
ASU - 42

WCU LawCat
October 1st, 2007, 01:54 PM
"*upset special* WCU 24 - Elon 23......... The Cats show up!!!"

Wow. I can't believe someone picked this.....and it was an App! This person must be assuming WCU will not turn the ball over this week on THREE CONSECUTIVE PLAYS! It would only be possible if Hearns starts and plays all the way through.

BULLDOG8180
October 1st, 2007, 02:18 PM
WOF/CIT - With ASU not being on TV, I'll be watching this one with the sound off and listening to ASN. Easily the game of the week. Citadel is going to learn what we learned and Furman learned - Wofford is for real. If the Bulldogs can keep this one close, they'll make a statement as well, but I'm starting to think Wofford's going to run over the rest of the SoCon unfortunately.

WOF - 48
CIT - 21

FUR/CCU - Did last week's bitchslapping by Wofford singal the end of the season for Furman? Count me as surprised that Furman put up such a weak second half effort. Still, I have to think they have enough to be a still-green CCU team.

FUR - 28
CCU - 24

ELO/WCU - Elon is on the rise, and it's legit. They are definitely a mid-pack SoCon team right now, and they are very young. Western seems like they are on a runaway train about to hit a mountain, and this game shouldn't be pretty.

ELO - 49
WCU - 16

UTC/ARK - Only way this is close is if Darren McFadden doesn't play. He proably won't... in teh second half.

UTC - 6
ARK - 52

SDSU/GSU - An interesting OOC game for the Eagles. Don't know much about SDSU, other than they aren't NDSU so this one should be a good win for the Eagles.

SDSU - 20
GSU 45

G-W/ASU - ASU's Homecoming game, and the last game before a much, much needed bye week. Last season G-W gave it their all, and were blown out in the second half. Another near 28,000 crowd should be at The Rock for this one, and this one should be over by the 4th quarter.

G-W - 17
ASU - 42

tisk tisk, just because you and Herman couldn't stop the terriers don't mean the BIG dogs can't. Watch and be amazed!!!xnodx

walliver
October 1st, 2007, 02:43 PM
Wofford 35 The Citadel 24
- T-Dawgs pull away from the dogs with the funny hats in the second half.

Furman 35 CCU 10
- Furman is a middle of the road team this year so far. We won't find out why the chicken crossed the road, though, because it will be steamrolled by a team that finds itself backed up against the ropes.

Elon 28 WCU 10
- Western fans are looking forward to Samford joining the conference

ASU 42 GW 20
- if Armanti plays, add 21 points to App total

Arkansas WINS UTC LOSES - It's hard to pick a score in this kind of game.

GSU 24 S.Dakota State 17
- this assumes last weeks Eagles play, if the Eagles from two weeks ago show up, The Bugs Bunny crew wins by 14.

Death Dealer
October 1st, 2007, 03:52 PM
Wofford 35 The Citadel 24
- T-Dawgs pull away from the dogs with the funny hats in the second half.

Furman 35 CCU 10
- Furman is a middle of the road team this year so far. We won't find out why the chicken crossed the road, though, because it will be steamrolled by a team that finds itself backed up against the ropes.

Elon 28 WCU 10
- Western fans are looking forward to Samford joining the conference

ASU 42 GW 20
- if Armanti plays, add 21 points to App total

Arkansas WINS UTC LOSES - It's hard to pick a score in this kind of game.

GSU 24 S.Dakota State 17
- this assumes last weeks Eagles play, if the Eagles from two weeks ago show up, The Bugs Bunny crew wins by 14.Yeah, we switched places with you for a change.xoopsx

But don't get used to it, you'll be back underhoof soon.xnodx xsmiley_wix

CID1990
October 1st, 2007, 03:54 PM
Citadel is going to learn what we learned and Furman learned - Wofford is for real. If the Bulldogs can keep this one close, they'll make a statement as well, but I'm starting to think Wofford's going to run over the rest of the SoCon unfortunately.

I don't think so. I predict we win this one, as well as Furman, GSU and ASU.

Unfortunately, we will lose to WCU and Elon, and won't get a playoff bid.

Death Dealer
October 1st, 2007, 04:06 PM

FUR - 28
CCU - 24

Bobby Lamb: "Adjustments? WTF are adjustments?"

citdog
October 1st, 2007, 04:10 PM
Clowns usually do pretty good, its the serious folks that sometimes struggle.xnodx

they still speak of my military bearing and academic prowess with reverence and awe on that campus! xsmiley_wix

The Citadel 35 Woffy 24

Death Dealer
October 1st, 2007, 04:16 PM
they still speak of my military bearing and academic prowess with reverence and awe on that campus! xsmiley_wix

The Citadel 35 Woffy 24

xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox

xsmiley_wix :p xpeacex

bustingnut
October 1st, 2007, 05:14 PM
The Citadel over wofford,
The Good Lord Giveth, And The Good Lord Taketh Away, And Giveth Back To App!

citdog
October 1st, 2007, 05:34 PM

and then SPIKE tears out Yosef's Heart in Charleston!

scbc
October 1st, 2007, 09:20 PM
I don't think that App state will blow G-Webb. The game will be a lot closer than people think. The defense is very solid this year and is leading the big south conference after playing two D-1 teams. The offense have some big time play maker that can straight out fly! G-Webb will put off the upset at the "Rock".

Appaholic
October 1st, 2007, 09:40 PM
xdizzyx

I don't think that App state will blow G-Webb. The game will be a lot closer than people think. The defense is very solid this year and is leading the big south conference after playing two D-1 teams. The offense have some big time play maker that can straight out fly! G-Webb will put off the upset at the "Rock".

scbc
October 1st, 2007, 09:44 PM
Ok, go ahead and sleep on the Webb! Anything can have happen on any given Saturday!

ASU88
October 1st, 2007, 09:46 PM
G-Webb will put off the upset at the "Rock".
So ... they're not going to upset App at this point, they're going to put it off until some later date?
xlolx

WoCoTerrier
October 1st, 2007, 09:59 PM
So ... they're not going to upset App at this point, they're going to put it off until some later date?
xlolx

Yeah, saturday isn't a good day, maybe tuesday...

scbc
October 1st, 2007, 10:04 PM
I hope that app players and coaches are underestimating G-Webb just like app fans are!!

Death Dealer
October 1st, 2007, 10:19 PM

Not when they beat you too. xnodx xwhistlex xsmiley_wix

Eyes of Old Main
October 1st, 2007, 10:55 PM

Military bearing, maybe...
Academic prowess, maybe...
Ability to roll over and play dead for the 9th year in a row, ABSOLUTELY!

Eyes of Old Main
October 1st, 2007, 10:56 PM

Even if we did lose, what's to say we'd lose another one? We'd still hold the tiebreaker for the autobid.

OL FU
October 2nd, 2007, 06:07 AM
Even if we did lose, what's to say we'd lose another one? We'd still hold the tiebreaker for the autobid.

Not if the Citadel wins outxsmiley_wix

CID1990
October 2nd, 2007, 09:13 AM
Military bearing, maybe...
Academic prowess, maybe...
Ability to roll over and play dead for the 9th year in a row, ABSOLUTELY!

40-18-1. (Just borrowing from the GSU playbook).

citdog
October 2nd, 2007, 09:16 AM
I don't think that App state will blow G-Webb.

is Yosef a homo?

MarkCCU
October 2nd, 2007, 09:19 AM
is Yosef a homo?

Deliverance is based off him.

So, it's a distinct possibilty. I remember watching him wax the ass of CCU last year on TV.

GoldandBlack
October 2nd, 2007, 09:21 AM

I didn't think you'd stoop that low (or go that far back, either!):D

Since Wofford joined the SoCon, and you were actually playing a Wofford team that could compete with you on a level playing field with scholarships-

8-2, Wofford.xsmiley_wix

Of course, history is nice, but has nothing to do with this weekend. This should be one hell of a game.

bustingnut
October 2nd, 2007, 09:22 AM

What, is it too much to hope ya'll will lose to Western? :D

CID1990
October 2nd, 2007, 09:30 AM

Since Wofford joined the SoCon, and you were actually playing a Wofford team that could compete with you on a level playing field with scholarships-

8-2, Wofford.xsmiley_wix

Of course, history is nice, but has nothing to do with this weekend. This should be one hell of a game.

Hey, give me my little amusements. We can't even make a claim like this against Chatty!

OL FU
October 2nd, 2007, 09:31 AM

Yeah don't let that one bite you in the butt:o

GoldandBlack
October 2nd, 2007, 09:37 AM

Hey, it could, and I know it!

If we're this deep into this season and anyone's assuming a win, they're nuts.xnodx

Death Dealer
October 2nd, 2007, 09:47 AM

8-2, Wofford.xsmiley_wix

No Sh@t!!!!! This past Saturday was proof that historical domination of another team has very little to do with the present.xoopsx

CID1990
October 2nd, 2007, 10:20 AM
I can't predict this game.

Our defense shows some flashes of brilliance at times. What kills us is the occasional hiccup which is good for 7 points to the opposing team. We have a habit of holding tough for three plays and then breaking on the fourth. Out defensive play has been progressively better from game to game, with our best showing against Chatty and our worst against CSU.

In spite of the fact that I can't predict this game, I WILL go so far as to say that if our defense continues to improve at the rate they have over the last four games, Wofford will not score as many points as they did against ASU or Furman. In fact, as much hype as there has been about the two offenses, I think that it will be the defenses of each team that decide this game.

Ayers' game planning ability is well known. Higgins' staff is the most underrated in the SoCon. I think that both teams will have answers for each other's offenses this Saturday.

GoldandBlack
October 2nd, 2007, 10:24 AM
I can't predict this game.

Our defense shows some flashes of brilliance at times. What kills us is the occasional hiccup which is good for 7 points to the opposing team. We have a habit of holding tough for three plays and then breaking on the fourth. Out defensive play has been progressively better from game to game, with our best showing against Chatty and our worst against CSU.

In spite of the fact that I can't predict this game, I WILL go so far as to say that if our defense continues to improve at the rate they have over the last four games, Wofford will not score as many points as they did against ASU or Furman. In fact, as much hype as there has been about the two offenses, I think that it will be the defenses of each team that decide this game.

Ayers' game planning ability is well known. Higgins' staff is the most underrated in the SoCon. I think that both teams will have answers for each other's offenses this Saturday.

I agree 100% that the defenses will probably tell the story in this game- I'll be surprised if the winning team scores more than 28 points, and I think that's a stretch.

I wouldn't miss this game for anything short of a medical emergency.

BULLDOG8180
October 2nd, 2007, 11:05 AM

With Appy yes, but not with El Cid.

GaSouthern
October 2nd, 2007, 11:38 AM
Wofford 41 The Citadel 35
Furman 21 CCU 20
Elon 45 WCU 14
ASU 49 GW 9
Arkansas 51 UTC 10
GSU 44 S.Dakota State 40

appfan2008
October 2nd, 2007, 12:34 PM
I am looking for The Citadel to take Wofford at home
Furman needs to and will beat CCU
Western is just plain bad, Ill take Elon
Chatty will be just plain over matched
Look for SDSU to take GSU by surprise and win that one
And APP better kick some GW tail!

NashMoc
October 2nd, 2007, 02:18 PM
The SoCon game of the week involve two teams that are riding high right now. Wofford in consecutive weeks has knocked off two of the traditional conference powers in Appy and Furman. The Citadel (for you Citdog) just put an absolute beat down to the Mocs. I think that Wofford is slightly better this year, Terriers by the slimmest of margins Wofford 28 The Citadel 27

Furman is struggling a bit this season and seeks to right the ship this weekend versus the Beach Chickens. Without the graduated Tyler Thigpen, Furman gets it done. FU 27 CCU 13

Elon handles the struggling Catamounts fairly easily Elon 42 WCU 23

Appy takes care of business versus GW Appalachain 38 GW 3

The clock continues to tick on the Rodney Allison era in Chattanooga. This weekend's bloodletting at Arkansas super RB duo will not help the embattled head coach retain his job. I am glad this one won't be televised. Ark 66 UTC 6

I don't know much about South Dakota State, but I do know that GSU is struggling on defense. However, Jayson Foster is a one man wrecking crew. GSU squeaks by the Jack Rabbits GSU 42 SDSU 38

JDC325
October 2nd, 2007, 02:34 PM

Niether team has beat a good team and has atleast one blow out but we have Foster. EDGE GSU by 7.

appfan2008
October 2nd, 2007, 03:02 PM
arkansas is not a happy team i imagine that game could produce a number of injuries for chatty... i hope craig camay can nail a long field goal cuz i dont see you all gettin that close to the endzone in that game

mistyeyed
October 2nd, 2007, 03:50 PM

Hey fan, what made you change your mind about woofy and Cit (the)?
After your game with woofy you posted that you thought they would take Cit (the) on the road, but now you picking Cit (the). Just wondering what changed you mind?

citdog
October 2nd, 2007, 04:02 PM
Hey fan, what made you change your mind about woofy and Cit (the)?
After your game with woofy you posted that you thought they would take Cit (the) on the road, but now you picking Cit (the). Just wondering what changed you mind?

i beat him about the head and shoulders with my schmeckle

mistyeyed
October 2nd, 2007, 04:07 PM

Ok then. xspankx

BulldogFan
October 3rd, 2007, 09:03 AM
ASU over GW by 24
Furman over CCU by 9
The Citadel over Wofford by 6
Elon over WCU by 14
GSU over SDSU by 10
Ark over Chatty by 37

matfu
October 3rd, 2007, 10:02 PM
sdsu will whip ga southern

wofford will beat citadel

furman over coastal

app state over gw

utc loses to arkansas

woffordgrad94
October 3rd, 2007, 10:16 PM
Wofford 38, The Citadel 27
Appalachian State 41, Gardner-Webb 17
Furman 35, Coastal Carolina 34
Georgia Southern 34, South Dakota State 28
Elon 42, Western Carolina 10
Arkansas 45, Chattanooga 3

WCU LawCat
October 4th, 2007, 01:52 AM
Just an interesting note for the WCU Elon game. Western is 7-0 all time against Elon at home. This will either propel WCU to have a strong showing...or Elon will do what everyone else is doing and blow WCU out.

Eyes of Old Main
October 4th, 2007, 01:57 AM

You really enjoy schmeckle-whipping guys don't you, citdog? xeekx

I figured you save that for the knobs.

terrierbob
October 4th, 2007, 07:30 AM
You really enjoy schmeckle-whipping guys don't you, citdog? xeekx

I figured you save that for the knobs.

A knob for a knob.

Eaglesrus
October 4th, 2007, 07:32 AM

They may beat us, but they won't take us by surprise. They gave us just about all we could handle year before last at their place.

ButlerGSU
October 4th, 2007, 08:41 AM
They may beat us, but they won't take us by surprise. They gave us just about all we could handle year before last at their place.

Yep, this will be our biggest challenge so far this season. We'll really find out what our young team is made of.

gophoenix
October 4th, 2007, 09:20 AM
Just an interesting note for the WCU Elon game. Western is 7-0 all time against Elon at home. This will either propel WCU to have a strong showing...or Elon will do what everyone else is doing and blow WCU out.

Western is 7-0 against Elon in Cullowhee since joining the SoCon in 1977. And 2-7 overall in the same time. The series is 18-16-2 overall favoring Elon. And six of those wins were at Western. Elon's last win at Western was in 1968 when Elon won 35-30. Elon was last beaten by Western in Cullowhee in 2005 31-26.

The Series:
4-1 at Elon
8-3-1 at Burlington
6-12-1 at Western

Since the 1990s, history has shown that 1 of the teams scored more than 26 points except for 2 games. History also favors Western for this game.

walliver
October 4th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Western is 7-0 against Elon in Cullowhee since joining the SoCon in 1977. And 2-7 overall in the same time. The series is 18-16-2 overall favoring Elon. And six of those wins were at Western. Elon's last win at Western was in 1968 when Elon won 35-30. Elon was last beaten by Western in Cullowhee in 2005 31-26.

The Series:
4-1 at Elon
8-3-1 at Burlington
6-12-1 at Western

Since the 1990s, history has shown that 1 of the teams scored more than 26 points except for 2 games. History also favors Western for this game.

History has also used up all of his eligibility, and won't be playing this week. Western's streak will probably be broken. If it's not, Kent Briggs will get another contract extension.xlolx

The Cats
October 4th, 2007, 04:10 PM
If it's not, Kent Briggs will get another contract extension.xlolx

Don't even say that out loud.

AlphaSigMD
October 4th, 2007, 06:03 PM
How about this:
ASU 10-1 lost to Wofford
Wofford 10-1 lost to The Citadel
Citadel 9-2 lost to ASU, Wisconsin

Who then gets the tie-breaker?

SCPALADIN
October 4th, 2007, 06:22 PM
How about this:
ASU 10-1 lost to Wofford

Won't matter after Furman wins out the remainder of their games...xazzx xliarx xazzx xliarx

CCU97
October 4th, 2007, 06:24 PM
The one who beats Furple by the most....lol

Seven Would Be Nice
October 4th, 2007, 06:30 PM
How about this:
ASU 10-1 lost to Wofford

GSU with decisive victories over all three teams. xsmiley_wix

tralfangar
October 4th, 2007, 09:38 PM
How about this:
ASU 10-1 lost to Wofford

Wofford actually lost to NC State as well...

Eyes of Old Main
October 4th, 2007, 09:38 PM
Won't matter after Furman wins out the remainder of their games...xazzx xliarx xazzx xliarx

But then Wofford would have one loss too, and a tiebreaker over the Paladins.

Black and Gold Express
October 5th, 2007, 09:59 AM
How about this:
ASU 10-1 lost to Wofford

First off, Wofford would be 9-2, they lost to NCSU.

You'll get a repeat of a few years back with ASU, Furman, and GSU.

A coin flip will determine the auto bid, because the tiebreaker goes by records against the rest of the conference. As all three would be 5-0, it's the coin flip to decide it.

They would all be Tri-Champions. And all three teams would make the playoffs without a doubt.

dungeonjoe
October 5th, 2007, 10:03 AM
way too much football yet for us to be speculating this stuff

Black and Gold Express
October 5th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Hey I'm just answering a question posed. :)

I still think it's not going to matter. I don't believe The Citadel has enough to beat Wofford unless Wofford beats themselves. They just don't seem to make mistakes that you can capitalize on. Very frustrating.

Eaglesrus
October 5th, 2007, 10:14 AM
First off, Wofford would be 9-2, they lost to NCSU.
You'll get a repeat of a few years back with ASU, Furman, and GSU.

A coin flip will determine the auto bid, because the tiebreaker goes by records against the rest of the conference. As all three would be 5-0, it's the coin flip to decide it.

They would all be Tri-Champions. And all three teams would make the playoffs without a doubt.

Don't only conference games count in the conference standings?

appstate38
October 5th, 2007, 01:46 PM
GSU with decisive victories over all three teams. xsmiley_wix

Yes except you are coming to "The Rock". And decisive over us at home ain't happening. xnonox But we will save this discussion for 2 weeks from now.

AlphaSigMD
October 5th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Interesting: Dave at Sportsnetwork has us winning by 4 points over Gardner Webb, at home.

I guess a 2-2 record with 2 hard games and 2 cellar dwellers makes for a difficult team to gauge.

catamount man
October 5th, 2007, 10:48 PM
Don't even say that out loud.

You won't BELIEVE who was on campus this week and looking for real estate in the Cullowhee area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx BUT............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .......................................

it probably wasn't Briggs replacement. HA!!! Had to fool ya. Sorry, I'm drinking tonigt

Eyes of Old Main
October 6th, 2007, 12:09 AM
You won't BELIEVE who was on campus this week and looking for real estate in the Cullowhee area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx BUT............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .......................................

it probably wasn't Briggs replacement. HA!!! Had to fool ya. Sorry, I'm drinking tonigt

Steve Hodgin?

OLDLCOACH111
October 6th, 2007, 05:47 AM
Interesting: Dave at Sportsnetwork has us winning by 4 points over Gardner Webb, at home.

I guess a 2-2 record with 2 hard games and 2 cellar dwellers makes for a difficult team to gauge.

Yeah.. I think the game will not be a walk in the park like people think.. Gardner-Webb is a dangerous team to overlook..

catamount man
October 6th, 2007, 06:48 AM
Steve Hodgin?

HA!!! I wish actually. At least Hodgin's teams had a pulse and some semblance of actually showing and playing the game. I was actually teasing THE CATS. No unfortunately, I think we're stuck with Briggs.xbawlingx xbawlingx

Bulldog14
October 6th, 2007, 07:53 AM
Believe the Terriers are in for a little surprise with the Bulldogs. App State is a great team and Wofford had a great win with them, but The Citadel has closed the gap on the SOCON with Coach Higgins. Wisconsin got about a buck fifty running on 'em, but nobody has more than 45 yards, and of course that's Wofford's bread and butter. Well see - that why we play the game.

FurmanPaladins4138
October 6th, 2007, 09:35 AM
Is the Furman-CCU game on TV?

furman94
October 6th, 2007, 09:43 AM
Not that I know of...

FurmanPaladins4138
October 6th, 2007, 09:43 AM
well shoot

Tealblood
October 6th, 2007, 10:05 AM
yea damn I got something I had to do in MB this morning so I could not go up