PDA

View Full Version : Bottom 5 on the Top 25

Col Hogan
September 30th, 2007, 11:47 AM
OK, lots of discussion on who should be # 1...

I think the top 20 is not too difficult...we may disagree on placement, but I bet 95% of us...if we compared lists...would have the same teams in the top 20...

As I sit here trying to prepare my ballot...I can't for the life of me come up with the bottow 5 (21 - 25) positions...

Thoughts.....

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 30th, 2007, 11:50 AM
As for the Socon, GSU will get consideration and maybe Elon, too.

TTUEagles
September 30th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Give Tennessee Tech some love. They haven't played anyone of significance, but they are 4-1 on the year. They won last week on the road against OVC co-champ ('06) UT Martin without 3 starters due to injury. Why not? Help a stuggling fan out !

USDFAN_55
September 30th, 2007, 12:22 PM
I think San Diego is right on the doorstep. They should be in within the next two weeks (if they keep winning), especially if they handle Drake with ease.

birdsflyhigh
September 30th, 2007, 01:06 PM
I'll be dropping down ISU into that bottom five but STILL feel the Birds deserve to be in the top 25 with a road victory over EIU (an FCS top 25), playing top 3 UNI a razor close game, and going into Big 12 North fave and BCS top 25 Missouri's place and giving the Tigers a competitive game.

ISU's schedule has been TOUGH, and it'll be interesting to see how the Birds fare on the road at MSU this Saturday. A loss there would END any playoff hopes, and ISU has to be close to perfect the rest of the season to make the playoffs.

Seems like this year, more than in past seasons, the bottom 5 is so very fluid. There are plenty of teams that have the opportunity to play themselves into the top 25. The hard part will be STAYING there. :)

JALMOND
September 30th, 2007, 01:36 PM
How about Grambling? Only loss to FBS (and BCS) Pittsburgh on the road. 3-0 against the SWAC so far, including a win over Alabama A&M (who is 4-1 right now).

JALMOND
September 30th, 2007, 01:43 PM
If your going to consider Grambling, go to the top of the SWAC. Southern is currently 5-0, wins over Florida A&M, Tennessee State and Alabama State.