PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to VMI

rmutv
September 29th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Congratulations to the Keydets for thrashing Robert Morris today, 40-13. I was impressed with the VMI rushing attack. Everyone in the stadium knew it was coming, but they disguised the various runs enough to still be effective. Kyle Hughes did a tremendous job at quarterback, and Abagesah was a terrific bruising back.

I was not impressed with Tim Maypray, who often seemed to want to move in any direction before securing the football. And while I hate any form of the option offense, I'd say Coach Reid found a very effective formation with the Wing-T. I don't know if VMI ran it prior to Reid coming on board, but he appears to have something there.

I can see where the defense could be an issue. Robert Morris had plenty of chances on offense and suffered from some very poor decisions by QB Erik Cwalinski.

Good luck to the Keydets from here on out.

keydet71
September 30th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Thank you. We were obviously pleased...and admittedly surprised. Hard to tell how it will go from here & now it is time for conference play. The best to you as well.

rufus
September 30th, 2007, 10:52 AM
VMI should do well in Big South play. Watching JMU take on VMI and Coastal Carolina two weeks in a row, it seemed clear to me that VMI was the better team.

BobbyMo
September 30th, 2007, 10:56 AM
VMI should do well in Big South play. Watching JMU take on VMI and Coastal Carolina two weeks in a row, it seemed clear to me that VMI was the better team.

That makes the blowout a little easier to take. Congrats to VMI. Good luck the rest of the way xthumbsupx