PDA

View Full Version : Northern Iowa finishes 4 game road trip undefeated!!

igo4uni
September 29th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Well, do to scheduling difficulties, UNI was forced to spend 4 consecutive weeks on the road. The Panthers were up to the test and beat Iowa State, South Dakota State, Drake, and Illinois State on the road!!!!!!

They now have week off to prepare for homecoming vs. SIU!!

Thoughts???

ysubigred
September 29th, 2007, 07:37 PM
I don't like bye weeks when your on a roll. You guys seem to have your shat together, see ya in a couple of weeks.

igo4uni
September 29th, 2007, 07:38 PM
I don't like bye weeks when your on a roll. You guys seem to have your shat together, see ya in a couple of weeks.

Yes, in the fabulous UNI-Dome!!!!!!

Mountain Panther
September 29th, 2007, 07:40 PM

Thoughts???

Sellout, sellout, sellout, sellout!

Sell that Dome out for SIU!

igo4uni
September 29th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Sellout, sellout, sellout, sellout!

Sell that Dome out for SIU!

If SIU wins next week vs. YSU, there is talk of a sellout in the fabulous UNI-Dome!!!!!!!

grizbeer
September 29th, 2007, 07:51 PM
I wish UNI was # 1 right now. How does UNI do after a by week? On homecoming? I know the Griz couldn't handle the perfect storm - #1 ranking, returning home from a long road trip, after a by week and homecoming - recipe for disaster, but can't say about UNI.

Mountain Panther
September 29th, 2007, 07:54 PM
I wish UNI was # 1 right now. How does UNI do after a by week? On homecoming? I know the Griz couldn't handle the perfect storm - #1 ranking, returning home from a long road trip, after a by week and homecoming - recipe for disaster, but can't say about UNI.

I think more than anything the next two weeks will give us a chance to practice in the Dome....I'm sure most workouts over the past four games have been outside.

igo4uni
September 29th, 2007, 07:58 PM
I think more than anything the next two weeks will give us a chance to practice in the Dome....I'm sure most workouts over the past four games have been outside.

Yup........I think you are correct...........4 of the next 6 are at home in the fabulous UNI-Dome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chi Panther
September 29th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Lets set the UNI-DOME Temp at 85.....

skinny_uncle
September 29th, 2007, 08:03 PM
If SIU wins next week vs. YSU, there is talk of a sellout in the fabulous UNI-Dome!!!!!!!
Fabulous is a matter of perspective.
xeyebrowx

If SIU wins next week against the Penguins, a sellout would not surprise me, considering first place in the Gateway would be on the line. There even might be a little Maroon in the stands.

igo4uni
September 29th, 2007, 08:03 PM
Lets set the UNI-DOME Temp at 85.....

Too hot for a fat guy like me!!!!!!!!

igo4uni
September 29th, 2007, 08:04 PM

It's fabulous to me.xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

skinny_uncle
September 29th, 2007, 08:06 PM
It's fabulous to me.xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx
I'll bet.

I would love to finally to break our jinx up there. It's been a long time.

igo4uni
September 29th, 2007, 08:07 PM
I'll bet.

I would love to finally to break our jinx up there. It's been a long time.

Ask Youngstown State what they think about the fabulous UNI-Dome!!

Chi Panther
September 29th, 2007, 08:07 PM
so skinny....whats the deal....are you guys a passing team this year.....

Reed Rothchild
September 29th, 2007, 08:10 PM

Indiana St is that bad. I watched the game today and it was awful. They shouldn't have even wasted SIU's time. Regardless, SIU is good and will always have a balanced attack under Coach Kill. He'll run or pass his way to victory.

Chi Panther
September 29th, 2007, 08:11 PM
Thanks Reed. I saw prior to this game...Hill was leading the GFC in passing.

Reed Rothchild
September 29th, 2007, 08:14 PM
xeyebrowx

If SIU wins next week against the Penguins, a sellout would not surprise me, considering first place in the Gateway would be on the line. There even might be a little Maroon in the stands.

It will be a sellout. Homecoming is always a big draw for UNI. Plus our fans know what it means when the FLYING SALUKI DOGS WHO EAT CHILDREN comes to town.

igo4uni
September 29th, 2007, 08:21 PM
It will be a sellout. Homecoming is always a big draw for UNI. Plus our fans know what it means when the FLYING SALUKI DOGS WHO EAT CHILDREN comes to town.

I always suspected that they eat children...........now that Reed says it, I know it is true.............Rep points to Matt..........errrrrrrr............Reed!!!!!!!!!!

skinny_uncle
September 29th, 2007, 08:34 PM
We have a passing game but we rushed for over three hundred yards today. It is a more balanced attack this year with Hill passing more at QB. He was 10-12 today with a couple of more TDs while he was in there. He didn't play in the second half. Five different running backs scored today. There is no one guy to key on like Whitlock last year. The pass D is more dangerous with 15 INTs already this year which is more than we had for the season last year. Hill is a more dangerous QB this year with a year of experience under his belt. SIU is still a run first team though.

GOKATS
September 29th, 2007, 08:48 PM
It won't happen, but UNI should be #1.

Griz0383
September 29th, 2007, 09:43 PM
I don't have an issue with UNI being #1! Has UNI ever been ranked #1? Congrats to UNI for their success on the road thus far!! the Griz have not left the home yet this season and will again be home next week against EWU. I am getting burned out traveling to missoula every weekend and getting drunk by 10 am but thats the life of a fan! Good luck next week UNI, I will following your progress!

Reed Rothchild
September 29th, 2007, 09:49 PM
UNI has been number 1 during the year. Unfortunately, not at the end of the year when it counts!

blur2005
September 29th, 2007, 09:53 PM
Well, if teams keep winning, UNI-SIU will be my number one vs. my number four. Ought to be spectacular.

ngineer
September 29th, 2007, 09:59 PM
An impressive run by the Panthers, on the road no less. Hence the reason they are my current #1. I also agree that the 'off week' while on a roll can interfere with that good mojo, but certainly helps to heal up the dings.

AZGrizFan
September 30th, 2007, 01:13 AM
Well, do to scheduling difficulties, UNI was forced to spend 4 consecutive weeks on the road. The Panthers were up to the test and beat Iowa State, South Dakota State, Drake, and Illinois State on the road!!!!!!

Thoughts???

There's no doubt they're the #1 team in the land right now. xthumbsupx

AlphaSigMD
September 30th, 2007, 02:09 AM
Southern Ill - UNI is lookin more and more like game of the year.

Hope to listen to it on the internet, but I hate the total access crap is well...crap. Is it too much to ask to be able to listen to a football game and not pay a fee?

ShishkaBoss
September 30th, 2007, 02:20 AM
Congrats, UNI!! This is a topic for another discussion, but man...What a disappointing year this is turning out to be for the Redbirds. Coming off a record setting season for attendance, new stadium in the near future, pre-season ranking in the top ten and a U of I team 45 minutes away that finished 2006 at 2-10. Then Bam! A paltry 10,000 at Hancock stadium on a BEAUTIFUL afternoon for this game, a 2-3 start including a loss to Drake, and the brats over at U of I are 4-1 with an upset win over Penn St. Heh heh heh, sorry to vent. You sure clawed out a great win today, UNI.

Maybe we can still pull it together and hope for a rematch in the playoffs??

JayJ79
September 30th, 2007, 04:39 AM
Hope to listen to it on the internet, but I hate the total access crap is well...crap. Is it too much to ask to be able to listen to a football game and not pay a fee?

Amen! I can see having a fee for the video feed (though there seems to be WAY too many instances of "technical difficulties"). But the audio should stay free.

nmatsen
September 30th, 2007, 08:47 AM
Congrats, UNI!! This is a topic for another discussion, but man...What a disappointing year this is turning out to be for the Redbirds. Coming off a record setting season for attendance, new stadium in the near future, pre-season ranking in the top ten and a U of I team 45 minutes away that finished 2006 at 2-10. Then Bam! A paltry 10,000 at Hancock stadium on a BEAUTIFUL afternoon for this game, a 2-3 start including a loss to Drake, and the brats over at U of I are 4-1 with an upset win over Penn St. Heh heh heh, sorry to vent. You sure clawed out a great win today, UNI.

Maybe we can still pull it together and hope for a rematch in the playoffs??

Yes, good luck to ISU. I would love to see you guys in the playoffs. In the dome. What a great first round matchup. Of course we will probably go 10-1 or 11-0 and end up going to eastern illinois in the first round.

Saluki_man
September 30th, 2007, 09:16 AM
Amen! I can see having a fee for the video feed (though there seems to be WAY too many instances of "technical difficulties"). But the audio should stay free.

You may listen live at:

http://http://siusalukis.cstv.com/multimedia/silu-football07.html

The SIU audio is still free

bcrawf
September 30th, 2007, 10:19 AM
As of Saturday morning there are less than 1000 tickets available for the game, and its two weeks away.

The announced attendance will be 16,324 (Sellout) but there will be closer to 18 or 19,000 in the FABULOUS UNI-Dome!!

pantherfan
September 30th, 2007, 11:01 AM
At the start of the season, I'd have been extremely happy going 3-1 on this road swing! 3 wins against top 25 FCS opponents and a win at a Big XII!! (Granted, Drake was not a legit top 25 team, but SDSU sure as heck is!)xeekx

No_Skill
September 30th, 2007, 11:21 AM
There should be no doubt that UNI is the #1 team right now.

JayJ79
September 30th, 2007, 11:45 AM
You may listen live at:
http://http://siusalukis.cstv.com/multimedia/silu-football07.html
The SIU audio is still free

I'll be listening live... in the Dome! I was just commenting in general about the trend toward charging for the audio feed. But I'm sure there are others that appreciate the link. Should be a great game!

nmatsen
September 30th, 2007, 04:45 PM
As of Saturday morning there are less than 1000 tickets available for the game, and its two weeks away.

The announced attendance will be 16,324 (Sellout) but there will be closer to 18 or 19,000 in the FABULOUS UNI-Dome!!

the last time that UNI was over 16,324 they announced it as the actual crowd, why won't they do it this time?

skinny_uncle
September 30th, 2007, 05:57 PM

Does the Fire Marshall allow that?

JohnStOnge
September 30th, 2007, 06:30 PM

Thoughts???

That should be some football game.

JohnStOnge
September 30th, 2007, 06:48 PM
There should be no doubt that UNI is the #1 team right now.

Well...I don't know if there's "no doubt." If UNI had played Boston College (an undefeated top 10 BCS league team), as UMass did, instead of Iowa State (1-4 record), we don't know that UNI would be undefeated right now.

I don't think it's unreasonble to argue that UNI is "#1." But arguments for other teams can certainly be made.

SeattleGriz
September 30th, 2007, 07:10 PM

Thoughts???

I think you guys are kicking butt, and deserve the #1 ranking.

Impressive four game swing.

alleycat
September 30th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Great time to rest the troops. I think the "Dome" sells out with or without an SIU win.