PDA

View Full Version : App at Elon

ASUG8
September 29th, 2007, 07:09 PM
I'm glad we got the win, but the Phoenix is a very strong team. Their QB will be a SoCon force to be reckoned with over his next 3 years, and they just plain spanked us on kick return today. I was worried about this team, and they lived up to the concern I had. Nice game, Phoenix.xthumbsupx

ElonPride
September 29th, 2007, 08:02 PM
I'm glad we got the win, but the Phoenix is a very strong team. Their QB will be a SoCon force to be reckoned with over his next 3 years, and they just plain spanked us on kick return today. I was worried about this team, and they lived up to the concern I had. Nice game, Phoenix.xthumbsupx

I'm not sure if giving up over 500 yards of total offense is a good game.xsmiley_wix

All in all, I was happy with the way the team performed. Elon has a VERY young team that will only grow as the season progresses. I'm really happy that the team has the App and South Florida games out of the way so early in the season.

HiHiYikas
September 29th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Yeah, Elon played a good game today. Being an ASU fan, I probably have a tendency to aggrandize performances against the Mountaineers. Still, I'd be surprised if the that Phoenix team loses 3 conference games. I really hope they win their next 6.

I just got back from my first trip to Rhodes stadium. What a nice place! You Phoenix fans already have much to be proud of, with more to come.

SuperJon
September 30th, 2007, 12:01 AM
Elon's game day is awesome. From their use of the video board, to music, and all of that. I didn't think they'd beat App today, but I was surprised to see them drop 32 on them (or whatever it was). How did Terrell Hudgins (#19) do?

SoCon48
September 30th, 2007, 03:32 AM
Elon's game day is awesome. From their use of the video board, to music, and all of that. I didn't think they'd beat App today, but I was surprised to see them drop 32 on them (or whatever it was). How did Terrell Hudgins (#19) do?

Caught 8 passes for a total of 75 yards.

gophoenix
September 30th, 2007, 06:25 AM
Caught 8 passes for a total of 75 yards.

Just read you were at the game, what section were you in?

catamount man
September 30th, 2007, 06:30 AM
I'm not sure if giving up over 500 yards of total offense is a good game.xsmiley_wix

All in all, I was happy with the way the team performed. Elon has a VERY young team that will only grow as the season progresses. I'm really happy that the team has the App and South Florida games out of the way so early in the season.

You guys will destroy us next week. The tailgating will be the best part of the day unfortunately and no, I'm not kidding.

GO CATS!!!

ASU88
September 30th, 2007, 07:36 AM
It was a 4 pt game until into the 4th quarter. Twice when ASU scored to try to put it away Elon returned a kick to score or set up a score.

ASU also had several short fields from big kick returns. This was probably the biggest reason the teams were able to score a combined 43 points in the 4th.

Not many 3-and-outs in this game on either side. Both teams have defensive work to do.

That was 2nd trip to an ASU-Elon game and I'll keep going every time. It's a great atmosphere, great stadium. Fans on both sides cordial and in control. And it's only about 20-25 minutes from my house!

xthumbsupx