PDA

View Full Version : S.C. State may leave the MEAC!

bosshogg
September 28th, 2007, 09:51 PM
South Carolina State University Board Chairman

http://thetandd.com/frontpage/today.pdf

South Carolina State University Board Chairman Maurice Washington suggested the university consider switching athletic conferences during the board's meeting Thursday.

Washington said travel cost could be reduced for atheletic teams if the university moved from the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference to the Southern Conference. Such a move could allow S.C. State to play teams closer to home, he said.

"We need to make a prudent examination into this," Washington said......

james_lawfirm
September 28th, 2007, 09:57 PM

South Carolina State University Board Chairman Maurice Washington suggested the university consider switching athletic conferences during the board's meeting Thursday.

Washington said travel cost could be reduced for atheletic teams if the university moved from the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference to the Southern Conference. Such a move could allow S.C. State to play teams closer to home, he said.

Sounds like a good idea to me. I have no idea if the SoCon authorities would welcome such a move or not.

bosshogg
September 28th, 2007, 10:03 PM
I don't know if they would want us either....Most SCSU fans would be happy with the Socon or the Big South...

I'm just glad that our leadership is listening to us....

TexasTerror
September 28th, 2007, 10:05 PM
SC State to the SoCon?

Very intriguing and coming from the Board Chairman at that. How powerful is the Chair of the Board for SCST? I know everyone has different setups. This may start some sort of chain reaction if it does happen...may end up having some impact on Savannah St (would MEAC want them in addition to NCCU?).

Thread from MEAC Fans site for those who want to follow the MEAC fans thoughts on this issue (seeing as SCST's fan site you must register to access)...

http://community.meacfans.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5501054881/m/6111079834

bosshogg
September 28th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Our Chairman is very powerful...in many ways, much more powerful than the president..

things are about to get very interesting in HBCU sports........

all I'll say is this......SCSU was a HBCU before they were in the MEAC...we will still be one if we leave...

I would love to see a scheudle like this in the future

Ga Southern
Wofford
Furman
C of C (basketball)
Chattanooga
VMI
Citadel
FAMU
A&T
Southern
Coastal

that would reduce our travel cost..

If the study say we should do it....I am with it!

brownbear
September 28th, 2007, 10:13 PM
all I'll say is this......SCSU was a HBCU before they were in the MEAC...we will still be one if we leave...

Tennessee State is still an HBCU even though they are in the OVC

TexasTerror
September 28th, 2007, 10:15 PM
Tennessee State is still an HBCU even though they are in the OVC

What's the history on Tennessee State? Were they ever in the MEAC, SIAC or any other HBCU conference? If yes, what were their reasons and rationale for leaving?

james_lawfirm
September 28th, 2007, 10:15 PM
Our Chairman is very powerful...in many ways, much more powerful than the president..

Ga Southern
Wofford
Furman
C of C (basketball)
Chattanooga
VMI
Citadel
FAMU
A&T
Southern
Coastal

Whoa! No ASU in your list? It's a lot further to Chattanooga or VMI! I don't know what part of Florida FAMU is in.

bosshogg
September 28th, 2007, 10:20 PM
FAMU is in Tallahassee, right near Fla State

I would love to play App. there are many schools that we would love to play that I didn't list.....I was just dropping the first few to come to my mind...believe me, after what yall did tto Michigan, you guys drop down on our list of schools we wanna see!

TexasTerror
September 28th, 2007, 10:28 PM
bosshogg...

Could SC State compete in sports other than football? I'm not too familiar with their program. How does the rest of their athletic program stack up? Have anything that would be attractive to the Big South or SoCon?

BigApp
September 28th, 2007, 10:44 PM
this would be a great move SCSU!

bosshogg
September 28th, 2007, 11:52 PM
bosshogg...

Could SC State compete in sports other than football? I'm not too familiar with their program. How does the rest of their athletic program stack up? Have anything that would be attractive to the Big South or SoCon?

basketball is good
track is improving very fast
mens and womesn tennis are both ranked nationally
other programs are okay

R.A.
September 29th, 2007, 12:02 AM
The MEAC hasn't been able to get own act together.

I support actions that help institutions develop and grow.

If the MEAC is limiting SCSU in any way, the SCSU needs to do what is best for their school.

And I promise you that this statement from SCSU's Board is a direct result of the MEAC's halt on conference expansion.

The conference expansion was going to reduce travel costs for SCSU, by adding NCCU and SSU.

BearsCountry
September 29th, 2007, 12:37 AM
I wonder if Hampton and Delaware State will follow them out of the MEAC.

R.A.
September 29th, 2007, 12:40 AM
If one leaves, at least half the conference is leaving with them. But I don't see it happening.

Tod
September 29th, 2007, 02:29 AM

Wow! I tried to open the attachment and it just messed up my computer, so going by what you've posted, that is a major proposition.

Maybe good for SCSU, but what about the MEAC?

I'll have to just stay tuned, I guess. We all will.

If any move is imminent, I'd like to see SCSU in the Big South. Just simply as a way of expanding and helping to improve the next auto-bid conference.

I hate to see the MEAC lose such an important team, though.

:( :) :(

Edit - OK, maybe the NEC gets an auto-bid first, my bad.

gophoenix
September 29th, 2007, 06:05 AM
Wow! I tried to open the attachment and it just messed up my computer, so going by what you've posted, that is a major proposition.

Maybe good for SCSU, but what about the MEAC?

I'll have to just stay tuned, I guess. We all will.

If any move is imminent, I'd like to see SCSU in the Big South. Just simply as a way of expanding and helping to improve the next auto-bid conference.

I hate to see the MEAC lose such an important team, though.

:( :) :(

Edit - OK, maybe the NEC gets an auto-bid first, my bad.

Delaware State has been talking to the Big South for at least 2 years now.

soweagle
September 29th, 2007, 06:19 AM
I'd love to see SC State in the SoCon but the SoCon is not known for making wise choices so I doubt it will happen

catamount man
September 29th, 2007, 06:53 AM
I'd love to see SC State in the SoCon but the SoCon is not known for making wise choices so I doubt it will happen

Samford, from what I've gathered, will be it for a while as far as expansion goes, but I would welcome SC State with open arms.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Kill'em
September 29th, 2007, 07:07 AM

This is so true. SCSU would be a great addition to the SoCon. Their fans have always been classy. But if the conference didn't take Coastal...xnonono2x

Pitbull
September 29th, 2007, 07:47 AM
This is so true. SCSU would be a great addition to the SoCon. Their fans have always been classy. But if the conference didn't take Coastal...xnonono2x

I think it would be a question of diversification.....I think the SoCon would consider us and take us in based on our rich history, academics and the addition of an up and coming football program.... xnodx

I personally would love to go to the SoCon.....I think the SoCon is the SEC of the FCS... xsmiley_wix

GoldandBlack
September 29th, 2007, 08:40 AM
I would love to see SC State move to the SoCon- it would be a perfect fit.

Let's hope the stars can align.xthumbsupx

citdog
September 29th, 2007, 09:26 AM

Ga Southern
Wofford
Furman
C of C (basketball)
Chattanooga
VMI
THE Citadel
FAMU
A&T
Southern
Coastal

fixed it!

ElonPride
September 29th, 2007, 10:36 AM
I have always thought that Hampton and SC State would be excellence additions to the SoCon.

Maybe if Sc State comes, Hampton will follow!xsmiley_wix

OL FU
September 29th, 2007, 11:29 AM
What a great move for the SoCon that would be
http://gprime.net/board/images/smilies/thumbup.gif

wkuhillhound
September 29th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Hypothetically, would Hampton be too far north for the SoCon? How far is Appalachian State from Hampton?

Saint3333
September 29th, 2007, 11:59 AM
If the SoCon adds another football school it would not allow each program to play each other each year. Sorry but there's not a program I'd like to add which would take away ASU's playing Furman and GSU every year. Now there are a few I'd tradexsmiley_wix.

AlphaSigMD
September 29th, 2007, 12:10 PM
I think I'd rather see SC State in the Socon than Samford. Alabama is a LOOOOOOONG way away.

Maybe I should have posted where I thought SC State would fit into the Socon this year, instead of hampton.

OL FU
September 29th, 2007, 12:11 PM
If the SoCon adds another football school it would not allow each program to play each other each year. Sorry but there's not a program I'd like to add which would take away ASU's playing Furman and GSU every year. Now there are a few I'd tradexsmiley_wix.

I agree with what that. My position on SC State assumes that we will add more football teams. However, I think 9 is the perfect football numberxthumbsupx

HIU 93
September 29th, 2007, 12:38 PM
I wonder if Hampton will follow them out of the MEAC.

Doubtful. We had some informal talks with the CAA a few years ago (when they were still the A-10), but that was motivated by basketball. The SOCON has not made any inferences about being interested in Hampton. I know for a fact that the administration is happy with the MEAC. The MEAC is headquartered in Hampton, Dr. Thomas is a former Hampton AD, as was the past commish. If we do leave, it would have to be to a conference that has expressed interest in us, and it would need to be beneficial in all sports. Our goal is to win a NC in both football and basketball, and to continue to improve other sports. Our tennis program is legendary, our track team consistently produces Olympians, and we have won several Virginia Division I all sports trophies. We just need a few tweeks here and there, not a major overhaul, so there will be no major moves that may upset the apple cart. Our investment strategy at Hampton is sustained growth, and that applies to our athletic programs as well.

Big Dawg
September 29th, 2007, 01:23 PM
If one leaves, at least half the conference is leaving with them...

True

Kill'em
September 29th, 2007, 07:08 PM
I think it would be a question of diversification.....I think the SoCon would consider us and take us in based on our rich history, academics and the addition of an up and coming football program.... xnodx

I personally would love to go to the SoCon.....I think the SoCon is the SEC of the FCS... xsmiley_wix

I made that statement on your board this morning. It might make us one of the most diversified conferences in the FCS.

bosshogg
September 30th, 2007, 11:15 AM
agreed kill'em

Appaholic
September 30th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Hypothetically, would Hampton be too far north for the SoCon? How far is Appalachian State from Hampton?

A loooooooonng way......extreme nw nc mtns to extreme eastern virginia tidewater....

UNHWildCats
September 30th, 2007, 11:54 AM
The MEAC hasn't been able to get own act together.

I support actions that help institutions develop and grow.

If the MEAC is limiting SCSU in any way, the SCSU needs to do what is best for their school.

And I promise you that this statement from SCSU's Board is a direct result of the MEAC's halt on conference expansion.

The conference expansion was going to reduce travel costs for SCSU, by adding NCCU and SSU.

North Carolina Central isnt joining the MEAC??????

terrierbob
September 30th, 2007, 04:31 PM

I can see a great rivalry on the horizon. xthumbsupx

SuperJon
September 30th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Please teach your chairman to say the words "Big South."

R.A.
September 30th, 2007, 07:05 PM
North Carolina Central isnt joining the MEAC??????

Their application is on hold for now.

gophoenix
September 30th, 2007, 07:20 PM

I'd love SC State to be in. But, this would be another Carolina school, which seems to be a problem for some fans.... maybe not anymore. A ten team SoCon with SC State would be nice though.

Heck, Add Coastal and Hampton and go to a division setup.

I think I'd rather see SC State in the Socon than Samford. Alabama is a LOOOOOOONG way away.

Maybe I should have posted where I thought SC State would fit into the Socon this year, instead of hampton.

Samford is long for us, but not as far for GSU and UTC, which is key. We can't just be thinking of us far north schools, even though it is easy to.

BossHog, what happened to NC Central. I thought they were in, without a doubt. Did that A&T fight end that? I know Delaware State has talked with the Big South quite a few times. And A&T has toyed with leaving too. Could this be the end of the MEAC as it once was now?

Kill'em
September 30th, 2007, 08:08 PM
It's not a problem with Carolina schools. It's a problem with Carolina "private" schools.

gophoenix
September 30th, 2007, 08:36 PM
It's not a problem with Carolina schools. It's a problem with Carolina "private" schools.

Then let's revisit this. What's the problem with Private schools? The SoCon public schools seem to be the only ones in the country with a problem with Private schools. You don't see the CAA people complaining, or ACC, or Big South, or MEAC or anyone else for that matter.

dgreco
September 30th, 2007, 09:21 PM
Then let's revisit this. What's the problem with Private schools? The SoCon public schools seem to be the only ones in the country with a problem with Private schools. You don't see the CAA people complaining, or ACC, or Big South, or MEAC or anyone else for that matter.

Big East has a little problem, considering they want to split football/non-football and ironically all the football schools are public universities. Besides ND but they aren't BE for football.

gophoenix
September 30th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Big East has a little problem, considering they want to split football/non-football and ironically all the football schools are public universities. Besides ND but they aren't BE for football.

Nova and Georgetown have football. So maybe the Big East is a bad example. What about CUSA then.

BearsCountry
September 30th, 2007, 10:45 PM
Nova and Georgetown have football. So maybe the Big East is a bad example. What about CUSA then.

Not with CUSA bc they added those privates in the last round of expansion.

lizrdgizrd
September 30th, 2007, 10:47 PM
I'd love to trade Samford for SCState, but since that's not going to happen I think SCSU is going to have an easier road to the Big South. They need to fill up their conference list and SCSU is a good school.

Fresno St. Alum
October 1st, 2007, 03:05 AM
For S.Carolina St. to join the SoCon they'd need to add another to make it an even 14. Jacksonville St.? C.Carolina? I don't know if they'll do that though. The Big South should go to 12 so they can expand their football membership. S.Carolina St.? Hampton? Delaware St.? any 2 of those 3 would be great. I figure the MEAC sould let NCCU in when their provisional period is over. I hope Savannah St. gets into the MEAC someday soon. I don't want to see them drop back to D-II.

Anyone know if/when this stuff will happen

gophoenix
October 1st, 2007, 06:36 AM
For S.Carolina St. to join the SoCon they'd need to add another to make it an even 14. Jacksonville St.? C.Carolina? I don't know if they'll do that though. The Big South should go to 12 so they can expand their football membership. S.Carolina St.? Hampton? Delaware St.? any 2 of those 3 would be great. I figure the MEAC sould let NCCU in when their provisional period is over. I hope Savannah St. gets into the MEAC someday soon. I don't want to see them drop back to D-II.

Is there any truth to Georgia State coming to the SoCon like ESPN was talking about earlier this year? Add them and SC State. That would rock.

Wonder how likely it is that Del St, Central and Sav St go to the Big South now?

Tealblood
October 1st, 2007, 06:45 AM
SC State to the SOCON ain't gonna happen if the Furmans of the conf did not like CCUs academic profile they will absolutely hate SC States.

of course Shy (sp) may leave soon

OL FU
October 1st, 2007, 07:07 AM
SC State to the SOCON ain't gonna happen if the Furmans of the conf did not like CCUs academic profile they will absolutely hate SC States.

of course Shy (sp) may leave soon

Where is Shi goingxconfusedx

Tealblood
October 1st, 2007, 07:48 AM
I heard a while back that he was interested in UVA of course that may be old news and that job may not be open or could have been filled by now.
I heard this about a year ago.

Tealblood
October 1st, 2007, 07:53 AM
Shi from what I was told from pretty good sources was the one who pushed Samford or not as much pushed Samford but absolutely killed CCU when it came to expansion for the SOCON

OL FU
October 1st, 2007, 07:57 AM
Shi from what I was told from pretty good sources was the one who pushed Samford or not as much pushed Samford but absolutely killed CCU when it came to expansion for the SOCON

That would not surprise me. Right or wrong agree or disagree, Furman wants to keep the small/ large public/private balance. While understanding the reason, I don't agree at all.

MarkCCU
October 1st, 2007, 08:09 AM
That would be a great, great move for the Bulldogs. Moving out of the MEAC would let them compete with more teams that are of the highest Caliber and will ultimately result in a better program for SC State, IMO.

HIU 93
October 1st, 2007, 09:31 AM

Hampton is not leaving the MEAC. NCCU will be let into the MEAC in due time. SSU will NOT be accepted into the MEAC.

gophoenix
October 1st, 2007, 09:42 AM
Hampton is not leaving the MEAC. NCCU will be let into the MEAC in due time. SSU will NOT be accepted into the MEAC.

So what is the MEAC's hangup with Savannah State?

HIU 93
October 1st, 2007, 09:50 AM
So what is the MEAC's hangup with Savannah State?

Many things. Athletically, they can't get it together. We're trying to move upward athletically. SSU is not in a position to help us do that right now.

gophoenix
October 1st, 2007, 10:32 AM
Many things. Athletically, they can't get it together. We're trying to move upward athletically. SSU is not in a position to help us do that right now.

Ok. I can see this with Hampton, A&T trying to, SC State, A&M trying to get it back together, WSSU and Delaware State.

But how in the heck can you hold on the MD-Eastern Shore, Howard and Norfolk State and make that kind of judgment call on Sav St?

Also, curious, what's the reason for NCCU being denied???? Was it due to the A&T incident?

HIU 93
October 1st, 2007, 01:48 PM
Ok. I can see this with Hampton, A&T trying to, SC State, A&M trying to get it back together, WSSU and Delaware State.

But how in the heck can you hold on the MD-Eastern Shore, Howard and Norfolk State and make that kind of judgment call on Sav St?

Also, curious, what's the reason for NCCU being denied???? Was it due to the A&T incident?

UMES- doesn't have football. Is competitive nationally in non-revenue sports.

Howard- has nothing to do with sports. It's Howard. That would be like the Ivies kicking out Harvard.

Norfolk St- extremely competitive nationally in non revenue sports

NCCU- doubt it had anything to do with A&T incident. They're not denied, just on hold. It's about conference alignment, and there hasn't been a plan solidified on what to do with 13 teams.

Mr. Tiger
October 1st, 2007, 02:41 PM
UMES- doesn't have football. Is competitive nationally in non-revenue sports.

Howard- has nothing to do with sports. It's Howard. That would be like the Ivies kicking out Harvard.

Norfolk St- extremely competitive nationally in non revenue sports

NCCU- doubt it had anything to do with A&T incident. They're not denied, just on hold. It's about conference alignment, and there hasn't been a plan solidified on what to do with 13 teams.

Are they perhaps putting North Carolina Central on hold while searching for another school to bring in? That would make 14 teams, 7 teams in each division, and 12 football programs. Any other prospect?

Fresno St. Alum
October 1st, 2007, 05:56 PM
HIU, if Sav St. puts things together wouldn't it make sense for NCCU and Sav St. to join to put them at 14? If no Sav St. then who comes up from D-II to take the 14th spot?

Kill'em
October 1st, 2007, 06:01 PM

Let me ask you this, what does Samford have that Coastal Carolina or SCSU does not have?

R.A.
October 1st, 2007, 06:23 PM
HIU, if Sav St. puts things together wouldn't it make sense for NCCU and Sav St. to join to put them at 14??

12 football schools... 14 total schools.

Menudo
October 1st, 2007, 06:24 PM
I would put WSSU up before Savannah State

Jiggs
October 1st, 2007, 07:27 PM
Let me ask you this, what does Samford have that Coastal Carolina or SCSU does not have?

If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand.:)

gophoenix
October 1st, 2007, 07:45 PM

I am not going to say SC State as they weren't even on the table at the time Samford was discussed.

What Samford has is proximity to UTC. And a whole new state to give the SoCon exposure into. Samford has been ranked in the national basketball poll in the last ten years. They give the SoCon it's 3rd biggest market (behind Charlotte and Greensboro). And a bigger endowment. And possibly more money, look at what they're paying their current football coach.

I can tell you 2 things Coastal has that Samford does not. The staff to allow a coach to play someone arrested and accused of a crime. And previous NCAA sanctions.

Now, do not take this as me being against SC State. I want them in the SoCon tomorrow if they are wanting in.

Kill'em
October 1st, 2007, 07:46 PM

Try me.

walliver
October 1st, 2007, 08:24 PM
I am not going to say SC State as they weren't even on the table at the time Samford was discussed.

What Samford has is proximity to UTC. And a whole new state to give the SoCon exposure into. Samford has been ranked in the national basketball poll in the last ten years. They give the SoCon it's 3rd biggest market (behind Charlotte and Greensboro). And a bigger endowment. And possibly more money, look at what they're paying their current football coach.

I can tell you 2 things Coastal has that Samford does not. The staff to allow a coach to play someone arrested and accused of a crime. And previous NCAA sanctions.

Now, do not take this as me being against SC State. I want them in the SoCon tomorrow if they are wanting in.

Current SoCon TV markets: (source) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_television_stations_in_North_America_by_me dia_market)

25 - Charlotte (NO football presence - there is a BB school in the neighborhood)
36 - Greenville/Spartanburg/Asheville (Furman/Wofford/Western Carolina)
46 - Greensboro/High Point/Winston Salem (Elon/ASU/some BB school)
86 - Chattanooga (UTC)
97 - Savannah (Georgia Southern)
100- Charleston, SC (Citadel, some BB school)

others:
40 - Birmingham/Anniston/Tuscaloosa (Samford)
81 - Columbia SC (SC State)
103 - Myrtle Beach/Florence (Coastal Carolina)

Birmingham is the largest prospective market, but they share their market with a school in Tuscaloosa.
SC State gets press in both the Charleston and Columbia markets.
Coastal has their market all to themselves, but it's a small market.

The real reasons Samford was invited are:
1) someone close for UTC
2) Expands the conference out of its current borders
3) A private school to keep Furman happy:D
4) Coastal did something. I don't know what happened, but, there was initially a lot of interest by the SoCon in Coastal, but the beach chickens quickly fell from grace. It was not on-field success, because the loss of interest came before the team peaked. My source knew only that it had something to do with Coastal's recruiting, but I never found out any more details.

zilla
October 1st, 2007, 09:10 PM
I hope SC State really considers the Big South if they indeed leave the MEAC. We are in high demand of schools who field football teams. As it is right now, the only schools Kallender (BSC commish) can logically target are D-IIs or Pioneer teams...and schools in New England, of course.

Eyes of Old Main
October 1st, 2007, 11:03 PM
I'd love to have SC State in the SoCon.

Great fans, competitive teams, what's not to love.

Get rid of the non-football schools (Davidson, Greensboro and Charleston) along with it and it would be perfect.

Fresno St. Alum
October 2nd, 2007, 02:15 AM
I would put WSSU up before Savannah State

Put WSSU up? WSSU is in the MEAC already.

Eyes of Old Main
October 2nd, 2007, 02:40 AM
4) Coastal did something. I don't know what happened, but, there was initially a lot of interest by the SoCon in Coastal, but the beach chickens quickly fell from grace. It was not on-field success, because the loss of interest came before the team peaked. My source knew only that it had something to do with Coastal's recruiting, but I never found out any more details.

Coastal had Hooters, so you can imagine what Samford must have brought to the table. Or, possibly to the lap.

HIU 93
October 2nd, 2007, 05:34 AM
HIU, if Sav St. puts things together wouldn't it make sense for NCCU and Sav St. to join to put them at 14? If no Sav St. then who comes up from D-II to take the 14th spot?

There are no plans in place for 14 schools/12 football teams yet either. No one else, other than NCCU, will be considered to be added. The NCAA has a moratorium on teams moving up right now. The more likely scenario would be resurrecting football at UMES, which UMES has been discussing for several years now.

gophoenix
October 2nd, 2007, 08:31 AM
I'd love to have SC State in the SoCon.

Great fans, competitive teams, what's not to love.

Get rid of the non-football schools (Davidson, Greensboro and Charleston) along with it and it would be perfect.

Kick out UNCG and CoC and tell Davidson to step up their program or roll on out too. Or heck, tell Davidson to move their team here or else regardless of their scholarship situation. I just do not buy that The Wofford, Elon, Samford and Furman can field full scholarship, or darn near it, teams with expensive tuition and not have issues while Davidson brings in more money a year than many of the other schools yet can't do it.

asu70
October 2nd, 2007, 08:53 AM

SC State would be a great addition to the SoCon... I sure hope it happens.

Kill'em
October 2nd, 2007, 10:53 AM
Kick out UNCG and CoC and tell Davidson to step up their program or roll on out too. Or heck, tell Davidson to move their team here or else regardless of their scholarship situation. I just do not buy that The Wofford, Elon, Samford and Furman can field full scholarship, or darn near it, teams with expensive tuition and not have issues while Davidson brings in more money a year than many of the other schools yet can't do it.

I would like to see the non-football schools move out.

AppMan
October 3rd, 2007, 05:23 AM
Please teach your chairman to say the words "Big South."

I agree. If SC State is going anywhere soon it will be the Big South. The SoCon is done with expansion for the near future. The next phase will add three football schools and one basketball school in two divisions. Six each for football & eight for basketball.

AppMan
October 3rd, 2007, 05:45 AM
Media market has nothig to do with it. Yea, it may be cited as an example of why they were allowed in, but it had nothing to do with it. Samford has a 6700 seat stadium and has averages about 5,000 per game. With those numbers in mind how much, if any, media attention do you think they actually get with UAB across town and the big Red Elephant down the road?