PDA

View Full Version : UAlbany Senate Chair: Stadium far down on list of priorities

henfan
September 27th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Priorities at UAlbany

In other UAlbany news, lots of folks are excited about the idea of a
new athletic stadium at UAlbany -- the athletic director, the football
coach, the mayor.

All of them were quoted in a recent front-page Times Union story about
the estimated $60 million project.

Here's another quote about the stadium:

"That's far down the list of priorities ... I am not certain why the
Times Union seized on that particular issue. If there is some sort of a
fiscal miracle in the state of New York, then maybe that project would
get started. But I just don't see how it's possible.

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=625254&category=REGIONOTHER&BCCode=LOCAL&newsdate=9/27/2007

What gives, Albany fan?

citdog
September 27th, 2007, 10:57 AM
raise the money yourself like we did!

danefan
September 27th, 2007, 10:57 AM
What the general thought is around here is the that $60mm for the stadium is more of a "wish list" amount than the actual amount we need to build a new stadium. Our AD is the type of person who doesn't go public with things of this nature unless he's got a good indication of the plan's success.

But other than that I have no freakin clue and to be blunt I'm tired of the BS involved in this process. Just make a decision either way. This stadium project has been going for over 2 years with no visible progress in my opinion. You can claim state beurocracy as the reason, but it doesn't make it any better. If something doesn't happen soon, I think you are going to start to see a lot of UAlbany fans (myself included) start pushing for a renovation of our current facilities to create a Hofstra-like stadium, rather than a full-blown new stadium.