PDA

View Full Version : LFN: Patriot Reels to 1-3 Out-Of-Conference

Lehigh Football Nation
September 26th, 2007, 09:03 AM
Finally put in a posting on a bad week for the Patriot League, unless you're Lehigh or Holy Cross.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com

Looming this week is an awesome-looking game at Fitton Field where Yale is travelling to take on Holy Cross. This matchup will tell us an awful lot about both of these teams, and if they deserve to be called frontrunners in their league races.

Spoke
September 26th, 2007, 09:33 AM
For clarity: Randolph is a junior, not a senior, as you state in your blog.

Sucks for you guys, good for us HC backers I guess.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 26th, 2007, 09:37 AM
Thanks for pointing that out, definitely a tiredness mistake. It's fixed.

If I wasn't going to Harvard @ Lehigh, I would have loved to make the trip to Fitton for that Holy Cross/Yale game. Is that game going to be on TV?

Spoke
September 26th, 2007, 09:51 AM
I wish...I graduated last year, but I'm in New York now and I can't make the trip. CSTV all access has HC home games viewable online, but you've got to pay. TV-wise its on CN8 on Comcast, which isn't available here, but the CN8 website says its available in PA, so you might have a shot.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 26th, 2007, 09:52 AM
I wish...I graduated last year, but I'm in New York now and I can't make the trip. CSTV all access has HC home games viewable online, but you've got to pay. TV-wise its on CN8 on Comcast, which isn't available here, but the CN8 website says its available in PA, so you might have a shot.

xnodx xnodx xnodx

Definite TiVo/VCR alert for me!

Good to see another 'Sader on here, by the way. Welcome!

LUHawker
September 26th, 2007, 09:53 AM
I don't think this 1-3 OOC mark this week is all that surprising. Yes, the PL went 5-2 the prior week against the Ivies, but that just as easily could have been 2-5. Let's recap:

Colgate needs to stage a furious comeback to take Dartmouth to OT, where they pull out a win.
Lafayette gets a coaches assist to squeek by Penn and
Holy Cross wins on a bomb with 19 seconds left.

Hey, I'm happy with the victories for the PL, but there seems to be a lot of parity right now.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 26th, 2007, 10:03 AM
Agreed, the difference between the Ivy League and Patriot is neck-in-neck at this point.

Cross-posting from the Lehigh board LU65's post on Sagarin rankings shows exactly how close things are:

In ranking all the Division I leagues (including FBS), Patriot League is #20 (Ivy is one ahead at #19).

Top 4 Rankings in the PL (out of 242 teams)
Lehigh 127
Holy Cross 137
Colgate 153
Lafayette 162

>Ivy Top 4 Rankings
Yale 128
Harvard 138
Princeton 147
Brown 172

>FCS Top Ranked Teams (9 in the D-I Top 100)
#1 No Iowa 53
#2 So Ill 65
#3 UMass 70
#4 Appalachian St 79
#5 Youngstown St 82
#6 Delaware 86
#7 Eastern Wash 88
#8 ND St 90
#9 Montana 96

The Top 4 in the Ivy:
Yale #22
Harvard #26
Princeton #29
Brown #49

and in the PL....
#21 Lehigh
#25 Holy Cross
#37 Colgate
#44 Lafayette

TheValleyRaider
September 26th, 2007, 11:27 AM

CN8 broadcasts all their games live online for free xnodx When you go to the website, just tell them you live in Mass., and I gotta think Yale-HC will be on then.

If I weren't watching Colgate-Fordham at the same time, I'd definately be watching this one

Spoke
September 26th, 2007, 12:04 PM
CN8 broadcasts all their games live online for free xnodx When you go to the website, just tell them you live in Mass., and I gotta think Yale-HC will be on then.

If I weren't watching Colgate-Fordham at the same time, I'd definately be watching this one

Holy crap, I love you. Thanks so much.

CrusaderBob
September 26th, 2007, 12:12 PM
If you subscribe to Crusader All Access (or Patriot League All Access) you can also see not just the Yale game on your computer, but Dartmouth, Lafayette, and Colgate (i.e., games at Fitton Field) later in the season

http://goholycross.cstv.com/ot/all-access.html

Go...gate
September 26th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Seems like the Cross has their best FB team in many years, Crusader, and it's good to see. Best of luck against the Eli!! See you later in the season.