PDA

View Full Version : Nova Fans -- Richard White???

C-Rock
September 25th, 2007, 11:05 AM
Any Nova fans or anyone else for that matter know what happened with Richard White leaving Nova and now being enrolled and playing at Southern IL??? He was an '07 recruit who apparently joined SIU after training camp.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

ChickenMan
September 25th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Any Nova fans or anyone else for that matter know what happened with Richard White leaving Nova and now being enrolled and playing at Southern IL??? He was an '07 recruit who apparently joined SIU after training camp.

There was a nasty incident alleged at Nova during the summer and 5 or 6 Nova football players were thrown out of school. I think most of them were incoming Fr football recruits.. names weren't released and I don't think any criminal charges were pursued by the alleged victim. White may have been one of those involved in the alleged incident.. but that is only speculation on my part.

Anovafan
September 25th, 2007, 02:48 PM

He is a great RB, very highly recruited with a few FBS offers. That is about all I can say about that.

Doc QB
September 26th, 2007, 10:35 AM
And what happened to the Berwick QB, Janikowski? He played a few games, two years back. Did he flunk out or transfer? I saw play against Penn at Franklin field two years ago I think. Any whereabouts?

bluehenbillk
September 26th, 2007, 10:53 AM
White was one of the 3 freshman recruits implicated in the sexual assauly of a female Nova student & was kicked out of school.

GannonFan
September 26th, 2007, 11:15 AM
And what happened to the Berwick QB, Janikowski? He played a few games, two years back. Did he flunk out or transfer? I saw play against Penn at Franklin field two years ago I think. Any whereabouts?

Janikowski's still there at nova, he's just not playing football anymore. He's on the baseball team and is a relief pitcher. He just didn't want to play football anymore (or at least play at nova). Truthfully, he wasn't all that impressive in 2005, for a pitcher he had a weak arm as a QB. He certainly was going back to the bench with Burroughs coming back in 2006 and Young this year looks like a keeper so Janikowski may have just seen the writing on the wall.