19. Montana St.
20. Nicholls St.
21. Western Illinois
22. Cal Poly
23. Eastern Illinois
24. The Citadel
25. Richmond

Dropped out: Lafayette (23), Drake (24)

Others receiving votes (minimum of 5 votes): Villanova (46), Delaware St. (35), Missouri St. (31), Eastern Washington (30), Northern Arizona (22), Lehigh (21), Lafayette (15), Holy Cross (12), Southern (12), Alabama St. (10), Drake (7), South Carolina St. (7), Princeton (6), San Diego (5), Towson (5)

MOST SIGNIFICANT WIN OF THE WEEK: Wofford
MOST SIGNIFICANT LOSS OF THE WEEK: Appalachian St.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 24th, 2007, 12:09 PM
Wow...8 teams with first place votes...and Appy still got first place votes

Good to see The Citadel in there, too.

Cap'n Cat
September 24th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Man, guys, just let the Panthers go about their business quiet-like!

Vote NDSU!!!!!!!!

ngineer
September 24th, 2007, 12:11 PM
[QUOTE=FCS_pwns_FBS;662592]Wow...8 teams with first place votes...and Appy still got first place votes

Good to see The Citadel in there, too.[/QUOT

Been awhile that I can remember something like that...good to see. Wide open race now.xnodx

Ivytalk
September 24th, 2007, 12:11 PM
Is that an AGS record for "most teams geting first place vote -- one week"?xconfusedx

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 24th, 2007, 12:12 PM

Vote NDSU!!!!!!!!

You should have thought about that before you spanked Iowa State and waxed Drake. xnonox

lizrdgizrd

Vote NDSU!!!!!!!!
It's time to put the target on someone else for a while so we can climb back up to #1. xsmiley_wix

BDKJMU
How do they not rank Wofford ahead of ASU? I'd have Wofford 5th and ASU 6th.

89Hen
September 24th, 2007, 12:13 PM
Wow...8 teams with first place votes...and Appy still got first place votes

Is that an AGS record for "most teams geting first place vote -- one week"?
Happens most years when there is a unanimous or near-unanimous #1 that goes down. In 2005 UNH received 65 of 69 votes before losing... oddly enough, 8 teams received votes the next week. xeyebrowx xthumbsupx

appfan2008
September 24th, 2007, 12:14 PM
good to see four socon teams in there... dont have any clue why asu would get a first place vote? also wow there are a lot of very good teams out there... sure would be interesting to see who will emerge from the pack

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 24th, 2007, 12:14 PM

That's the way polls work. you rarely make drastic changes based on something that happens in one week. You have to wait and see a trend before you do that. Wofford has to go play Furman in Greenville and I think if they win they are probably a top 5 team.

appfan2008
September 24th, 2007, 12:15 PM

I had them in the exact same spots as well... i dont know how that happens

BisonBacker
September 24th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Teams in the 3-6 place should all be ahead of Montana. What a travesty that playing teams like they are they maintain that ranking. I think San Diego mentality has rubbed off on the Montana AD and his scheduling.xcoffeex

MarkCCU
September 24th, 2007, 12:19 PM
FINALLY! CITADEL IS RANKED! Citdog, you can call off the troops. Citadel is ranked!

Cap'n Cat
September 24th, 2007, 12:20 PM
You should have thought about that before you spanked Iowa State and waxed Drake. xnonox

Dang it all to blazes!!!!!!!

xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx

:p :p

BisonBacker
FINALLY! CITADEL IS RANKED! Citdog, you can call off the troops. Citadel is ranked!

Thats exactly where I had them in my poll.

Ronbo
Well I'm surprised it got all the way to the 2nd page before a NDSU fan came on crying and whining like a little baby.xlolx

bluehenbillk
September 24th, 2007, 12:21 PM
If the trend from the last 2 weeks continues, UD will go 11-0 and end up #19 in this poll. It's a good thing it doesn't really matter yet....

BisonBacker
September 24th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Well I'm surprised it got all the way to the 2nd page before a NDSU fan came on crying and whining like a little baby.xlolx

You guys are the New San Diego of FCS!!!!

CatFan22
Eastern Washington should be in the top 25.

FargoBison

SHAME!!

xrotatehx xrotatehx :p :p :p xrotatehx xrotatehx

BisonBacker
September 24th, 2007, 12:25 PM
IF South Dakota State wins this weekend will they make it back to the others recieving votes? They spanked the bobcats this weekend.

Ronbo
September 24th, 2007, 12:25 PM
If the trend from the last 2 weeks continues, UD will go 11-0 and end up #19 in this poll. It's a good thing it doesn't really matter yet....

Man it was tough this week. All the top teams won except App. State. How far do you drop them? And how far do you raise Wofford? The combination of the two team reshuffle of those two teams would result in some teams dropping one spot.

UNHWildCats
September 24th, 2007, 12:31 PM

I had them at #25

andy7171
September 24th, 2007, 12:33 PM

I had them at #22 this week.

Ronbo
September 24th, 2007, 12:35 PM
EWU looks like they have a really nice team this year. They were young last season. They are #4 in the nation in total Offense and #5 in scoring. I had them at #20.

R.A.
September 24th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Southern Illinois did beat Northern Illinois of the FBS right? Shouldn't they be ranked higher?

Also, was it right to drop App State so far?? It's not as if Wofford is a pushover.

aust42
September 24th, 2007, 12:37 PM

That's what I was thinking. We've completely dominated all four teams we've played but have dropped a spot two weeks in a row. Good thing we have a playoff system.

OL FU
September 24th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Man it was tough this week. All the top teams won except App. State. How far do you drop them? And how far do you raise Wofford? The combination of the two team reshuffle of those two teams would result in some teams dropping one spot.

I agree. UD keeps winning they will move up cuz other losses will happenxnodx

walliver
September 24th, 2007, 12:38 PM

Well, they did kick tail against BYE.:D

What's interesting is that there are 4 SoCon teams ranked (and not a single one of them from Georgia).xeyebrowx

GannonFan
September 24th, 2007, 12:40 PM
The first place votes for Wofford and Appy St. are odd, IMO. There are plenty of teams that are undefeated and have wins against FBS teams that would have to be passed over for a team that lost its FBS game (Wofford) or an FCS game (Appy St). I can understand not dropping them far, but #1 is just odd IMO.

MSUBear42
September 24th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Why is YSU so high? I'm not saying they don't deserve it, I'm just trying to get a feel for our game against them next week.

BULLDOG8180
September 24th, 2007, 12:48 PM
That's what I was thinking. We've completely dominated all four teams we've played but have dropped a spot two weeks in a row. Good thing we have a playoff system.

It took a bye to get us in.xeyebrowx

birdsflyhigh
September 24th, 2007, 12:51 PM
The overall strength of the Gateway is shown in this new AGS poll. Out of 7 members, 5 are ranked in the top 21 (with a sixth coming in at #28). WOW!

The 7th team ...argh!!!...Indiana St. is 0-4 in non-con play. Without that 0-4 record by the IN St. Sycamores, the Gateway would be 19-5 against non-con foes, and that's against some pretty darn good to VERY good teams. This Saturday the bloodbath known as the GFC race begins...it's going to be one heck of a WILD ride the rest of the season. xnodx

putter
September 24th, 2007, 01:00 PM
Teams in the 3-6 place should all be ahead of Montana. What a travesty that playing teams like they are they maintain that ranking. I think San Diego mentality has rubbed off on the Montana AD and his scheduling.xcoffeex

Funny! Yes, SOS is not there compared to some other teams but, even you know, the Griz will be there at the end.

skinny_uncle
September 24th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Why is YSU so high? I'm not saying they don't deserve it, I'm just trying to get a feel for our game against them next week.

They returned a lot of players from a good team last year. Their 3-1 record with only a loss to Ohio State hasn't done anything to prove they are overranked. Should the Bears knock them off, it will probably drop them in the polls. Youngstown can be a tough place to win. Best of luck to you.

skinny_uncle
September 24th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Looking at the poll, I think both SIU and EWU are underrated.

citdog
September 24th, 2007, 01:33 PM

let's take the rest of the season off and see if we keep moving up!

89Hen
September 24th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Shoot, teams dropped with wins, so maybe it makes sense to only play 5 games? xeyebrowx :p

andy7171
September 24th, 2007, 01:36 PM

The squeaky wheel gets the grease!

buckp
September 24th, 2007, 01:56 PM
I agree. UD keeps winning they will move up cuz other losses will happenxnodx

Good to see the Blue Hens back in the hunt this year. xnodx

mcveyrl
September 24th, 2007, 02:00 PM

So who do you think you should be ahead of?

JMU hasn't moved either, but other than our win against UNH, other teams have been more impressive.

douglasdmb
September 24th, 2007, 02:09 PM
The overall strength of the Gateway is shown in this new AGS poll. Out of 7 members, 5 are ranked in the top 21 (with a sixth coming in at #28). WOW!

The 7th team ...argh!!!...Indiana St. is 0-4 in non-con play. Without that 0-4 record by the IN St. Sycamores, the Gateway would be 19-5 against non-con foes, and that's against some pretty darn good to VERY good teams. This Saturday the bloodbath known as the GFC race begins...it's going to be one heck of a WILD ride the rest of the season. xnodx

What he said. xnodx

As for the MO State-YSU game this weekend, I don't think we have all that much of a chance. I don't think we'll get beaten to a pulp like our last visit to Youngstown, but I just can't see us pulling the upset. Our pass defense is just too weak right now, and I fully expect Zetts and co. to exploit that weakness.

It should be a good one, though. xthumbsupx

Cap'n Cat
September 24th, 2007, 02:13 PM
They returned a lot of players from a good team last year. Their 3-1 record with only a loss to Ohio State hasn't done anything to prove they are overranked. Should the Bears knock them off, it will probably drop them in the polls. Youngstown can be a tough place to win. Best of luck to you.

Except for UNI!

xlolx xlolx xlolx xnodx xnodx xnodx ;) ;) ;)

ChickenMan
September 24th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Good to see the Blue Hens back in the hunt this year. xnodx

the same could be said for the Cowboys.. and I sure as hell don't mean Dallas... :p

AZGrizFan
September 24th, 2007, 03:37 PM

So, you play SFA (0-3), SHSU (2-1, without a D-I win), and Central Michigan (FBS, but 0-4 in the pathetic Sunbelt), a combined 2-8 with ZERO D-I wins, and you have the nerve to criticize Montana's schedule? xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

Don't worry, BB, you'll get your shot at SUU.

You really need closure on this, dude. You're starting to sound obsessed. xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

2006 - Iowa, SDSU, Cal Poly
2005 - Oregon, SDSU, Cal Poly
2004 - Maine, Hofstra, Sam Houston State
2003 - Maine, NDSU, Idaho, Cal Poly
2002 - Hofstra, Idaho, SUU
2001 - Cal Poly, Hawaii

2007 was only the second time this DECADE that Montana hasn't scheduled an FBS school. You make it sound like we schedule like this EVERY fricking year. Get over it. Move on. Worry about your team, your schedule, and whether you'll make the playoffs next year. I highly advise you to quit obsessing over the relative strength of the UM schedule in relation to the rotation of the sun.

bisonguy
September 24th, 2007, 03:56 PM
So, you play SFA (0-3), SHSU (2-1, without a D-I win), and Central Michigan (FBS, but 0-4 in the pathetic Sunbelt), a combined 2-8 with ZERO D-I wins, and you have the nerve to criticize Montana's schedule? xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

Don't worry, BB, you'll get your shot at SUU.

You really need closure on this, dude. You're starting to sound obsessed. xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

2006 - Iowa, SDSU, Cal Poly
2005 - Oregon, SDSU, Cal Poly
2004 - Maine, Hofstra, Sam Houston State
2003 - Maine, NDSU, Idaho, Cal Poly
2002 - Hofstra, Idaho, SUU
2001 - Cal Poly, Hawaii

2007 was only the second time this DECADE that Montana hasn't scheduled an FBS school. You make it sound like we schedule like this EVERY fricking year. Get over it. Move on. Worry about your team, your schedule, and whether you'll make the playoffs next year. I highly advise you to quit obsessing over the relative strength of the UM schedule in relation to the rotation of the sun.

Central Michigan is in the MAC, and they are currently 1-3 with a win over Toledo.

I'm just happy that NDSU received some first place votes.

AZGrizFan
September 24th, 2007, 03:58 PM
Central Michigan is in the MAC, and they are currently 1-3 with a win over Toledo.

I'm just happy that NDSU received some first place votes.

Then I stand corrected. Your opponents have exactly the same number of D-I wins than Montana's do. Whoop-de-frickin'-do. Perhaps you guys can skip right to the pros and play in the Super Bowl this year?

bisonguy
September 24th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Then I stand corrected. Your opponents have exactly the same number of D-I wins than Montana's do. Whoop-de-frickin'-do. Perhaps you guys can skip right to the pros and play in the Super Bowl this year?

Nah, I'm content with NDSU in the FCS. xcoffeex

GtFllsGriz
September 24th, 2007, 04:05 PM
It looks about right to me. There are probably 4 or 5 teams that could be rated higher than the Griz since they haven't played anybody yet, right BB? Although I wouldn't tell Albany that. There is alot of room for improvement and the 2's and 3's are getting alot of playing time which will be huge at the end of the first season. Besides then maybe BB could get some sleep.

Anovafan
September 24th, 2007, 04:25 PM

Completely agree, I have them at 7 in my poll for now.

AmsterBison
September 24th, 2007, 04:54 PM
I'm pretty sure when NDSU or Montana or UMass or whoever set out their team goals for the year, they didn't have "We want to be ranked #1 in a poll after Week 4" anywhere on the list. :)

Er, suppose I should comment on the poll... uh, I'd probably put SIU higher.

blur2005
September 24th, 2007, 07:23 PM
xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx

McNeese75
September 24th, 2007, 07:31 PM

xrolleyesx xconfusedx

Tod
September 24th, 2007, 07:41 PM

I believe I just saw that that's where Sagarin has them rated right now. Seems a bit high, but only time will tell.

Gil Dobie
September 24th, 2007, 07:47 PM
It looks about right to me. There are probably 4 or 5 teams that could be rated higher than the Griz since they haven't played anybody yet, right BB? Although I wouldn't tell Albany that. There is alot of room for improvement and the 2's and 3's are getting alot of playing time which will be huge at the end of the first season. Besides then maybe BB could get some sleep.

I voted Montana #3, same as last week. Moved NDSU up from 8 to 5, and have SIU #1, from 2 the week before.

appfan2008
September 24th, 2007, 08:23 PM

must say i think that that is a bit of a stretch for now!

RabidRabbit
September 24th, 2007, 09:12 PM
IF South Dakota State wins this weekend will they make it back to the others recieving votes? They spanked the bobcats this weekend.

Bunnies need to win vs a top 25 team, and the next time they play a rated team will be Cal Poly in mid-Oct. With no losses between now and then plus a win vs Cal Poly might get a few votes below 20. xlolx

But beating Poly two years in a row are rare. Even Bison haven't succeed there. :p

crunifan
September 24th, 2007, 10:12 PM
Looking at the poll, I think both SIU and EWU are underrated.

I agree. People haven't given SIU enough credit.

Every year I watch people dismiss SIU saying they graduate a lot of people. But every year you reload and prove them wrong. xnodx

AZGrizFan
September 25th, 2007, 01:24 AM

Every year I watch people dismiss SIU saying they graduate a lot of people. But every year you reload and prove them wrong. xnodx

Hopefully, for their sake, they reloaded with more powerful ammunition this year. xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx They didn't bring much to the table offensively in Missoula last year....

Pantherpower
September 25th, 2007, 06:16 AM

SIU has played a very, very weak non-conference schedule. The one exception is the game against NIU. NIU appears down this year, but a good win none the less.

Like Montana, it's still pretty hard to determine how good these teams are as they've yet to play a peer institution. I don't count SUU as they are the equivalent of an Indiana State this year. The Panthers round out their season with the Thunderbirds in the UNI-Dome. That won't be pretty!

appfan2008
September 25th, 2007, 07:25 AM
SIU, YSU and UNI will be able to play each other shortly and work out who is the best in the gateway