PDA

View Full Version : SoCon Freshman of the Week

ElonPride
September 24th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Okay, Riddle throws for 381 yards, 4 Tds and rushed for 2 TDs and this is who ends up with the SoCon freshman of the week?????xeyebrowx

"Georgia Southern linebacker E.J. Webb (Roanoke, Va.) was named SoCon Freshman of the Week. Webb paced the Eagle defense with a personal-high eight tackles and broke up two passes against Chattanooga. He also shared in a tackle-for-loss against the Mocs."

appfan2008
September 24th, 2007, 12:20 PM
ok i would agree that that is ridiculous

BULLDOG8180
September 24th, 2007, 12:54 PM
xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

gophoenix
September 24th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Okay, Riddle throws for 381 yards, 4 Tds and rushed for 2 TDs and this is who ends up with the SoCon freshman of the week?????xeyebrowx

"Georgia Southern linebacker E.J. Webb (Roanoke, Va.) was named SoCon Freshman of the Week. Webb paced the Eagle defense with a personal-high eight tackles and broke up two passes against Chattanooga. He also shared in a tackle-for-loss against the Mocs."

Wow.

I don't ever want to hear anyone say the SoCon has a Wofford or private school bias. To give someone with stats like that, in a losing effort, FOTW is pretty bad.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 24th, 2007, 12:58 PM

Riddle obviously has the better performance, but I wouldn't go as far as to say it's completely absurd. It's more than just 8 tackles, he made some critical tackles that kept us in the game.

Teams outside "the big 3" tend to have problems getting respect, and this is more proof of it.

walliver
September 24th, 2007, 01:00 PM
I've always felt that the SoCon POTW awards were a little political. They tend to spread the awards around.

The POTW awards for special teams was shared by two kickers who made a few short field goals and extra points. I can think of a Mountaineer who made a much more impressive special teams play.

NashMoc
September 24th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Ludicrous that a player on a defense that gave up 45 to UTC earned Freshman of the Week over the numbers that Riddle put up. SoCon SID's have their heads up their a** this week.

ElonPride
September 24th, 2007, 01:04 PM
I've always felt that the SoCon POTW awards were a little political. They tend to spread the awards around.

The POTW awards for special teams was shared by two kickers who made a few short field goals and extra points. I can think of a Mountaineer who made a much more impressive special teams play.

I can buy that, seeing that Riddle has played 3 games and received the weekly award twice :)

BULLDOG8180
September 24th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Must have figured Riddle has won it too much already. However, Armanti won it a bunch last year.

gophoenix
September 24th, 2007, 02:03 PM

Maybe they didn't want to give both Offensive POTW and FOTW to the team that they picked to be next to last.

Maybe the same team can't get two awards?

asu70
September 24th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Someone in the office must have missed Riddle's performance because he should have won hands down.

citdog
September 24th, 2007, 02:34 PM
"the big 3"

news flash for you buddy............. this no longer includes GSU! you are now a second tier SoCon team!

Elon's boy should have got it.

already123
September 24th, 2007, 04:04 PM
wow....seriously, what was their reasoning behind that?! someone should be fired!