PDA

View Full Version : I'm putting McNeese on upset potential alert

JohnStOnge
September 23rd, 2007, 08:03 PM
Bottom line is that South Dakota may be a playoff caliber D-II team. They were ranked 15th in D-II going into this past weekend and I expect them to be in or near the top 10 when the new poll comes out. Playoff caliber D-II teams beating playoff caliber I-AA/FCS teams has been, historically, a common occurence.

South Dakota is from what I think is the toughest D-II conference and the I don't think McNeese represents a tougher opponent than some of the teams the Coyotes play each year in their own conference. A different style, maybe, but not tougher.

McNeese better be ready to play.

JackTwice
September 23rd, 2007, 08:15 PM
I don't think I would take them lightly. South Dakota has a pretty potent offense, their defense has been suspect this year but has played better in the last 2 weeks. I am guessing this game will either be a shootout or McNeese will lay it on them pretty hard.

McNeese75
September 24th, 2007, 12:31 AM
Bottom line is that South Dakota may be a playoff caliber D-II team. They were ranked 15th in D-II going into this past weekend and I expect them to be in or near the top 10 when the new poll comes out. Playoff caliber D-II teams beating playoff caliber I-AA/FCS teams has been, historically, a common occurence.

South Dakota is from what I think is the toughest D-II conference and the I don't think McNeese represents a tougher opponent than some of the teams the Coyotes play each year in their own conference. A different style, maybe, but not tougher.

McNeese better be ready to play.

xrolleyesx

Dallas Demon
September 24th, 2007, 12:34 AM
xrolleyesx

Apparently John worries about EVERYTHING. :(

FargoBison
September 24th, 2007, 12:43 AM
From what I understand USD is a good home team but struggles on the road. McNeese should win by 21 or more in this game. If you were playing a UND or GVSU type of DII then I would worry a bit more but USD isn't on that level.