PDA

View Full Version : Austin Peay

chattanoogamocs
September 22nd, 2007, 11:38 PM
If someone on here knows, tell me how many schollies they are working with this year...I am assuming it is no where near the full allotment.

I tell ya what, I am terribly impressed with their performance so far considering this is their first year back to scholarship ball

...with the win over UT-Martin, they are now 3-1 with their only loss so far coming in OT by a point to TSU.

Maroons
September 23rd, 2007, 08:07 AM
You're not the only one wondering how good they are. I'm wondering if it means they're lucky or they really are greatly improved or the OVC is really that bad this year. But then again, there is still a lot of football to be played. I suspect we'll know by the end of the year.

JaxSinfonian
September 23rd, 2007, 08:39 AM
c'mocs,

I believe AP worked with half the full number of schollies last year. This year, their first back in the OVC, I do believe they have a full allotment.

I'm as shocked as anyone else. Nearly upsetting Tennessee State, taking down defending co-champ UT-Martin ... our visit to Clarksville in two weeks may not be the near-automatic win I'd expected.

appfan2008
September 23rd, 2007, 08:42 AM
should ap get some top 25 votes?

Cocky
September 23rd, 2007, 09:02 AM

Not yet, the OVC isn't as strong as several of us thought it would be this year. The teams I've seen all seem a little slow to be 2nd round contenders.

AP has been a pleasant surpise so far.

It's sad when your just hoping to get to the 2nd round.

JaxSinfonian
September 23rd, 2007, 09:05 AM

If I was voting, I wouldn't have them in my top 25 just yet. Their only convincing wins have been over Bethel (NAIA) and Indiana State (no explanation needed). The UT-Martin team they beat is now 0-4.

But anybody who's got the defense to hold Donald Chapman to 46 yards bears watching. Did he get injured or something?

appfan2008
September 23rd, 2007, 09:25 AM
Can the ovc finally win a playoff game this year???

Cocky
September 23rd, 2007, 09:33 AM

According to the matchup, but I've haven't seen an OVC team that would be a favorite at this time against many teams.

EIU and EKU appear to be the class teams. We have the talent to be a top of the conference team but the coaching is holding us back some. My opinion EKU has some of the same problems. Neither team had a lot emotion yesterday.

appfan2008
September 23rd, 2007, 09:34 AM
Good luckk to you ovcers we need all 8 conferences doing well

JaxSinfonian
September 23rd, 2007, 09:37 AM

Two were oh-so-close last year. They at least proved the league deserved the two bids it got. There's a lot of football left to be played, and there's just no telling right now. At this point last year I wouldn't have believed UT-Martin was going to be in the playoffs, much less have SIU on the ropes in the 4th in their first-round game.