PDA

View Full Version : ESPN says Northern Colorado > NAU

DuckDuckGriz
September 22nd, 2007, 09:22 PM
Watching the bottom sprawl and they announced that Northern Colorado beat NAU today 17-7. I wondered why the hell no one on AGS was talking about this until I went and looked at the REAL score.

xthumbsupx

SirApp
September 22nd, 2007, 09:26 PM
Just noticed that as well on the ticker.

CatFan22
September 22nd, 2007, 09:30 PM
Because NAU won 34-14.

USDFAN_55
September 22nd, 2007, 09:35 PM
This game was a lot closer than I thought it was going to be. Seeing UNC against San Diego last week, I thought for sure NAU would have put up some big numbers against them this week. Maybe UNC's young team is maturing a bit?

DuckDuckGriz
September 22nd, 2007, 09:39 PM
This game was a lot closer than I thought it was going to be. Seeing UNC against San Diego last week, I thought for sure NAU would have put up some big numbers against them this week. Maybe UNC's young team is maturing a bit?

I'd say so. UNC was up 14-7 at halftime.

SirApp
September 22nd, 2007, 09:44 PM
Because NAU won 34-14.

bleh, I hate that ticker sometimes.

Idiot is me.

Jackluv
September 23rd, 2007, 05:03 PM
I'd say so. UNC was up 14-7 at halftime.

Actually it was the other way around. NAU was up 14-7 at halftime.

NDSUFREAK
September 23rd, 2007, 05:45 PM
yeah, when i saw that UNC "won" i was kind of second guessing myself. then i saw the score and then was brought to the conclusion that if it says UNC won UNC lost....because when do they win. :p

ncbears
September 23rd, 2007, 06:01 PM
yeah, when i saw that UNC "won" i was kind of second guessing myself. then i saw the score and then was brought to the conclusion that if it says UNC won UNC lost....because when do they win. :p

Hey, we've gotten the upper-hand against the Bison the past 10 years.

No_Skill
September 23rd, 2007, 07:46 PM
Hey, we've gotten the upper-hand against the Bison the past 10 years.

You sound like one of those delusional fans from the north. :D

Quit livin' in the past, man.

touchdown
September 23rd, 2007, 09:38 PM
With that being said isnt it time for san diego to get some respect!
They handled an azusa pacific squad that just took Nichols state to the wire 30-28, handled Northern colorado with ease with a 35 point spread vs. nau's 20? look at Montana struggled some with non-scholarship albany.
It might be time to give some of these schools there due? Any thoughts

DuckDuckGriz
September 23rd, 2007, 09:40 PM
They handled an azusa pacific squad that just took Nichols state to the wire 30-28, handled Northern colorado with ease with a 35 point spread vs. nau's 20? look at Montana struggled some with non-scholarship albany.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox

Thanks. I needed that.

Frosty The Snowbuff
September 23rd, 2007, 09:57 PM
You should have seen the scores 2 weks ago when they had all the scores backwards....

Could you imagine Duke winning by 49???? lol

ESPN needs to clear that up.....People thinking they lost to a team that they figured they would never lose to would commit suicide over mistakes like that....

NDSUFREAK
September 23rd, 2007, 11:11 PM

well......xcoffeex ....NAWW

mlbowl
September 24th, 2007, 07:24 AM

Yup....Three TD win and 564 total yards....it was a nail biterxrolleyesx

danefan
September 24th, 2007, 08:17 AM
struggled in the very liberal use of the word. it wasn't a blowout, but it probably wasn't a struggle either. And Albany has 23 scholarship kids this year.

USDFAN_55
September 24th, 2007, 10:54 AM
struggled in the very liberal use of the word. it wasn't a blowout, but it probably wasn't a struggle either. And Albany has 23 scholarship kids this year.

Why do people on this board attirbute scholarships to being better?

putter
September 24th, 2007, 11:02 AM

Generally speaking, scholarships mean you should be able to get quality players. You can call it grants, aid or whatever but it is still a sholly.

danefan
September 24th, 2007, 11:02 AM

In all honesty because it generally is true. I know since UAlbany started offering scholarships, the level of play has risen. Compare our performance in 2002 at Montana (45-7 whooping) versus this weekend's 35-14 competitive game.

In general, scholarship football players tend to be better athletes and scholarship teams tend to be better. Of course its a generalization, but it is true. People wouldn't offer scholarships if it wasn't.

already123
September 24th, 2007, 04:07 PM
A win is a win guys....scholarships or not. Anytime you put over 500 yards of offense up on any team, I'd say that is handling business...

UNCBears2010
September 24th, 2007, 04:12 PM

Um, no. The Bears played MUCH better against NAU that they did against USD. From a fan's perspective, the NAU game was a big step in the right direction for the Bears. We played a competitive game against a team in the top half of the Big Sky. If we can play like that against our fellow Big Sky bottom feeders, we could pull some wins out.

appfan2008
September 24th, 2007, 04:14 PM
NAU is so much better than NCU

USDFAN_55
September 24th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Um, no. The Bears played MUCH better against NAU that they did against USD. From a fan's perspective, the NAU game was a big step in the right direction for the Bears. We played a competitive game against a team in the top half of the Big Sky. If we can play like that against our fellow Big Sky bottom feeders, we could pull some wins out.

So were you guys just playing down to your supposed competition when you played (and I do mean played in the loosest sence) San Diego? It just sounds like you are saying the beating you guys took from San Diego wasn't because San Diego was good, but rather because you guys played bad?

JBB
September 24th, 2007, 04:37 PM
I saw the game on television. It was a good matchup with UNA controlling. From what I saw it was never in doubt but well played by both teams.

UNCBears2010
September 24th, 2007, 05:40 PM
It just sounds like you are saying the beating you guys took from San Diego wasn't because San Diego was good, but rather because you guys played bad?

That's exactly what I'm saying. I've got a source very close to the team that told me that if we had played as well in San Diego as we did in Flagstaff our record would be 1-3, if you catch my drift.

USDFAN_55
September 24th, 2007, 05:54 PM
That's exactly what I'm saying. I've got a source very close to the team that told me that if we had played as well in San Diego as we did in Flagstaff our record would be 1-3, if you catch my drift.

HAHAHAHAHA xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx Thanks I needed that laugh. How credible is that source of your's? Must be a delusional coach telling you a bunch of "if" statements that you bought into. Like "if" we didn't let Johnson run all over us, "if" we didn't give up that 94 yard kick return, "if" we didn't give up 6 passing touchdowns.... we would have won.xeyebrowx I was at the San Diego game, and I don't care how much better your guys may have played, you still would have lost.

UNCBears2010
September 24th, 2007, 06:41 PM
HAHAHAHAHA xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx Thanks I needed that laugh. How credible is that source of your's? Must be a delusional coach telling you a bunch of "if" statements that you bought into. Like "if" we didn't let Johnson run all over us, "if" we didn't give up that 94 yard kick return, "if" we didn't give up 6 passing touchdowns.... we would have won.xeyebrowx I was at the San Diego game, and I don't care how much better your guys may have played, you still would have lost.

I will freely admit we played like crap against San Diego. My original point was that we played much better against NAU, and I believe the level we were at in Flagstaff is where we'll be for the rest of the season. I credit USD for the win, they played well, but it wasn't UNC's best game, either.

USDFAN_55
September 24th, 2007, 06:46 PM
Quick question? When UNC played San Diego the back-up QB played way better than the starter. Is the previous back-up now the starter? From what I remember he was a big kid (towered over his o-line.... must have been at least 6-5).

UNCBears2010
September 24th, 2007, 08:14 PM
If it's ol' Pick Breazeale you're talking about, no he's not the starter. Our starter, Mike Vlahogeorge, played pretty well against NAU. Breazeale, meanwhile, threw a pick in the end zone. Now you see where he gets his nickname.

USDFAN_55
September 24th, 2007, 08:56 PM
If it's ol' Pick Breazeale you're talking about, no he's not the starter. Our starter, Mike Vlahogeorge, played pretty well against NAU. Breazeale, meanwhile, threw a pick in the end zone. Now you see where he gets his nickname.

Man he was a beast though. Our guys had their hands full with him.

UNCBears2010
September 24th, 2007, 10:53 PM
Yeah, he usually has defense's hands full...of footballs. He played the (half) game of his life against you guys. He's usually very, very bad.

already123
September 25th, 2007, 11:57 AM
There is NO way UNC was going to win that game, NAU rolled. Over 500 yards of offense?? The only reason why it was remotely close is because of the NUMEROUS penalties (drive killers) NAU had on 2nd and 3rd down.

UNC played very well and with a lot of heart, but not well enough to talk about the "shoulda coulda wouldas"...

Good luck to UNC this year, they wont go 0-fer