PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh 37 VMI 6

ngineer
September 22nd, 2007, 06:52 PM
Lehigh burst out to an amazing start converting on the first four possessions and going up 31-0 at the half. Third quarter there was no scoring as Mountain Hawks appeared to have lost their intensity. Keydets moved the ball some, but not within range. Fourth quarter was more open as Lehigh's second and third stringers go a lot of action. VMI scored with 13 seconds left in the game against LU's 2/3rd D.

Really two different games for the price of one. Lehigh's offense was on fire in the first half. Showed alot of plays not previously unveiled in the first two weeks. Threatt was hitting everyone and the freshman KanKam was getting nice yardage. Defense played the option well. VMI gained some ground at times, but few drives over 30 yards.
Have to give a lot of credit to Keydets' spirit though. These guys did not quit despite the deficit they faced at the half, and played hard to the end. Late morning rain held down the crowd, which was a shame as the sun came out late in the first half and really warmed up in the second.
I know Coen will be very pleased with the execution in the first half; but ticked off over the loss of focus in the third quarter.
Several Mountain Hawks had to leave the game with injuries: OT Kehs with what appears to be a shoulder issue, and LB Stinson with an ankle, as well at DT Bode with an ankle. Hopefully everyone is healed up for the Harvard Crimson next week..We'll need them.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 22nd, 2007, 06:58 PM
Lehigh played very well. I was impressed with their execution all killer instinct in the first half. They did lose intensity in the 3rd but that can be taken care of especially with how lopsided the score was. Lehigh D played very well. They gave up some yards but really stiffened up when VMI got within scoring range. Lehigh's skill position players have been very impressive so far this year. As long as Threatt can get them the ball there is big potential with this group.

Mr. C
September 22nd, 2007, 07:03 PM
Having seen the last two Lehigh games in person, I would still be a bit wary of the Mountain Hawk secondary. If they play a team that can slow down their offense and has a good passing attack, they might have some trouble. Holy Cross and Dominic Randolph will be a good test for the secondary.

ngineer
September 22nd, 2007, 07:18 PM
What I liked the best was the significant improvement I have seen over the past two weeks. The execution in the first half was as good as I've seen in two years.
Secondary will be as good as the pass rush. I think a couple of the open VMI receivers came due to a blitz and the 'cover' not getting over soon enough. I agree that Holy Cross is going to be some kind of test for everyone this year.

Go...gate
September 22nd, 2007, 07:36 PM
Congrats to the Engineers!

LehighFan11
September 22nd, 2007, 10:51 PM
Great first half by Lehigh, they came into the game focused and did what was needed to not make this a game. Sedale played very well expect he can't throw the ball deep. He overthrew a wide open Yansane twice. That makes him 1/5 on deep balls to Yansane. They need to work more on these deep passes if they want to use them. Everytime they run a deep pass and Sedale misses Yansane it kills the drive. I'm not sure what is wrong with Lehigh's secondary beacuse it is filled with upperclassmen. Big test next week.