PDA

View Full Version : UTC vs. GSU

blueballs
September 22nd, 2007, 06:18 PM
Jayson Foster is at it again... barely 4 minutes into the game and Foster already has about 50 yards rushing, and a 35 yd TD run to his credit.xbowx

7-0 GSU...

chattanoogamocs
September 22nd, 2007, 06:50 PM
I guess Blueballs is only posting when GSU scores...end of the first quarter, UC 14, GSU 7. ;)

(have the Mocs ever led at GSU at the end of the 1st quarter...any quarter? ...I am seriously not sure they have)

appfan2008
September 22nd, 2007, 06:53 PM
way to go UTC keep it up... it will be a long game down there in statesboro

chattanoogamocs
September 22nd, 2007, 06:58 PM
UC's best defense...keep Jayson Foster off the field.

blueballs
September 22nd, 2007, 07:06 PM
17-7 UTC about midway through the 2nd qtr.

Penalties are killing GSU... in order: GSU intercepts in endzone, pass interference call nullifies, UTC scores TD two plays later... GSU's Foster runs a punt back for a TD only to have it called back because of a holding penalty... Personal foul against GSU on a hit on the sideline gives UTC a 1st down after being stopped on third down, UTC gets a FG.

GSU 5 penalties for 42 yards
UTC 0 penalties

Mr. C
September 22nd, 2007, 07:12 PM
Foster is playing QB and returning kicks? He probably has to be the only D-I starting QB doing that.

blueballs
September 22nd, 2007, 07:15 PM
UTC 17 GSU 14 6 minutes remain in the second quarter

GSU 6 penalties for 57 yards
UTC 0 penalties

blueballs
September 22nd, 2007, 07:22 PM
Foster is playing QB and returning kicks? He probably has to be the only D-I starting QB doing that.

Not all the time but some...

Jayson Foster fast fact time:

In his career he has accounted for a TD of 80+ yards by rushing, receiving, passing, punt return, kickoff return.

Mr. C
September 22nd, 2007, 07:33 PM
Not all the time but some...

Jayson Foster fast fact time:

In his career he has accounted for a TD of 80+ yards by rushing, receiving, passing, punt return, kickoff return.
Didn't he have a game or two where he caught, threw, ran and returned TDs all in the same game?

blueballs
September 22nd, 2007, 07:37 PM
17-14 UTC at the half... the GSU radio has stopped harping on the officiating and is now pretty much just laughing sarcastically at the calls.

The crowd sounds pretty hostile...

chattanoogamocs
September 22nd, 2007, 07:46 PM
On TV, the God of all things GSU, Tracey Hamm ;), seems to think most of the penalty calls are pretty accurate (and he has the benefit of replay)...the only one that was really iffy was the push off in the endzone (the contact, admittedly, was very light).

Interesting game...this is the first one UC has really played with it key players all healthy. It has made a difference...and I like that Allison has actually taking some risks on the playing calling (on side kick, fumble rooski)

Of course, Chattanooga has led at the half of every game they have played this year...and they haven't won one yet. :(

blueballs
September 22nd, 2007, 08:17 PM
GSU 28 UTC 17 midway through the third... two more TD's for Foster in the third qtr.

blueballs
September 22nd, 2007, 08:19 PM
On TV, the God of all things GSU, Tracey Hamm ;), seems to think most of the penalty calls are pretty accurate (and he has the benefit of replay)...the only one that was really iffy was the push off in the endzone (the contact, admittedly, was very light).

(

Actually Erk is the God of all things GSU and he sits in Heaven, Tracy is the baby Jesus and still walks among us mortals.;) xlolx

blueballs
September 22nd, 2007, 08:22 PM
GSU 28 UTC 24 Miller to Cooper for the score after a long drive that was clutch for them, about 4 minutes left in the third.

chattanoogamocs
September 22nd, 2007, 08:23 PM
You're my boy BLUUUUUUUEEEE!

(if you are watching the game...and also saw Old School...you know what this means)

Eyes of Old Main
September 22nd, 2007, 08:23 PM
Actually Erk is the God of all things GSU and he sits in Heaven, Tracy is the baby Jesus amd still walks among us mortals.;) xlolx

Now that's some funny stuff. xthumbsupx

chattanoogamocs
September 22nd, 2007, 08:25 PM
Now that's some funny stuff. xthumbsupx

In this scenario, Van Gorder is Satan :)

blueballs
September 22nd, 2007, 08:27 PM
In this scenario, Van Gorder is Satan :)

Sooooooooooooo true!xlolx

blueballs
September 22nd, 2007, 08:33 PM
UTC 31 GSU 28 fumble return for a UTC TD, you can hear crickets chirping in the stadium...

About a minute and a half left in the third...

blueballs
September 22nd, 2007, 08:47 PM
31 all with about 10 minutes left in the fourth quarter...

HiHiYikas
September 22nd, 2007, 08:58 PM
audio link, anyone?

blueballs
September 22nd, 2007, 08:59 PM
GSU defense holds after yet another turnover... still tied at 31 GSU ball on their own 20 6:31 left...

blueballs
September 22nd, 2007, 09:00 PM
http://www.soconsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4000&ATCLID=1208530

blueballs
September 22nd, 2007, 09:00 PM
GSU fumbles AGAIN!!!! UTC has the ball on the GSU 35 with about 5 minutes left.

HiHiYikas
September 22nd, 2007, 09:02 PM
http://www.soconsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4000&ATCLID=1208530
Thanks!

xthumbsupx

BlazerDawg
September 22nd, 2007, 09:03 PM

He also holds on kicks. I can understand him running back kicks, but sure somebody else on the team can hold for kicks.

T-Dog
September 22nd, 2007, 09:06 PM
Man things won't be well in Statesboro if they drop this one.

And UTC will be co-winning the SoCon.

chattanoogamocs
September 22nd, 2007, 09:07 PM
TOUCHDOWN ERROL WYNN!

thirdgendin
September 22nd, 2007, 09:13 PM
GSU at the 2 yard line with less than 2:00 to go.

thirdgendin
September 22nd, 2007, 09:13 PM
TD GSU, 1:17 to play. PAT will tie it.

blueballs
September 22nd, 2007, 09:15 PM
38 all with 1:17 to go in the fourth quarter... GSU gets a clutch drive aided by a HUGE late hit penalty by UTC.

As sloppy as both teams are, and GSU in particular, still what an entertaining game!

HiHiYikas
September 22nd, 2007, 09:16 PM
still what an entertaining game!
I've been listening for about 4 minutes...and I concur

blueballs
September 22nd, 2007, 09:18 PM
End of regulation 38 all.

Foster 25 carries for 208 yards and 3 TD's, the guy is unbelievable.

Attendance 18,500 plus, which ain't bad considering it was monsoon conditions in the 'Boro this afternoon.

thirdgendin
September 22nd, 2007, 09:21 PM
GSU wins the toss and goes on defense first.

thirdgendin
September 22nd, 2007, 09:23 PM
TD Mocs on the second play of OT.

UTC 45
GSU 38

GSU gets a chance to answer.

thirdgendin
September 22nd, 2007, 09:25 PM
4th and long for GSU.

thirdgendin
September 22nd, 2007, 09:26 PM
Incomplete. Game over. Chattanooga wins for the first time ever in Statesboro, 45-38 in OT.

blueballs
UTC wins for the first time ever at Paulson 45-38 in OT.

Congrats to the first place Mocs.

HiHiYikas
45-38 final - UTC wins for the first time ever in Statesboro.

Tough loss for the Eagles...great effort by the Mocs...

mrklean
September 22nd, 2007, 09:27 PM
This ******ing sucks

SirApp
September 22nd, 2007, 09:27 PM
Whoa!!!

mrklean
September 22nd, 2007, 09:28 PM
This is what happens when your Defense is very bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T-Dog
September 22nd, 2007, 09:29 PM
Welcome to last place in the SoCon GaSo. We were expecting UTC but you'll do just fine. We saved you some room.

In seriousness, sounds like UTC has turned some things around rather fast. It sounds like they benefited greatly from GaSo mistakes, but they still had to score those points themselves. Huge win for that program. UTC has now beaten GaSo in consecutive years for the first time ever.

chattanoogamocs
Thank God for a home defibrillator...I just had to resuscitate myself :)

mrklean
How do you loose to F***king UTC. Now iam pissed and my buzzed is messed up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slycat
September 22nd, 2007, 09:30 PM
congrats UTC. huge win for your program.

walliver
September 22nd, 2007, 09:30 PM
The Mocs tied for first place in the SoCon - who wudda thunk it?

Congratulations.

Condolences to the Eagles.

T-Dog
September 22nd, 2007, 09:31 PM
SoCon standings

Wofford 1-0
UTC 1-0
Citadel 0-0
Furman 0-0
Elon 0-0
WCU 0-0
App St 0-1
GaSo 0-1

Looks weird, doesn't it?

youwouldno
September 22nd, 2007, 09:35 PM
I thought Hatcher was The Greatest?

Mountaineer
September 22nd, 2007, 09:48 PM
Congrats on the win Mocs!

xbowx xbowx xnodx

What a crazy week in the SoCon. xlolx

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 22nd, 2007, 09:58 PM

Hatcher is a heck of a lot better than Brian VanGorder and he has proved it with the first two games.

You have to give Chatty's offense some credit for this win, but other than that this game was all GSU shooting themselves in the foot. Our turnover differential is frikkin' -4.

xbangx xbangx xbangx xbangx xbangx xbangx xbangx xbangx xbangx xbangx xbangx

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 22nd, 2007, 10:13 PM
1st Downs UTC - 18 GSU - 22
3rd down efficiency UTC - 7-17 GSU - 11-19
4th down efficiency UTC - 0-0 GSU - 1-1
Total Yards UTC - 347 GSU - 451
Passing UTC - 161 GSU - 127
Comp-Att UTC - 12-27 GSU - 18-20
Yards per pass UTC - 6.0 GSU - 6.4
Rushing UTC - 186 GSU - 324
Rushing Attempts UTC - 42 GSU - 59
Yards per rush UTC - 4.4 GSU - 5.5
Penalties UTC - 2-25 GSU - 8-72
Turnovers UTC - 0 GSU - 4
Possession UTC- 28:47 GSU - 31:13

xbangx xbangx xbangx xbangx

furpal87
September 22nd, 2007, 10:22 PM
You know some Saturdays you're glad to have a week off and keep your team away from the weirdness!!

JDC325
September 22nd, 2007, 10:23 PM

Had nothing to with Hatcher look at the penalties and turnovers.

Eaglesrus
September 23rd, 2007, 09:57 AM

Congratulations to UTC, you did what you had to do, took advantage of the opportunities we gave you and deserve the win. To youwouldno; who among the GSU faithful have you heard say that Hatcher isn't the greatest (yet)? I guess you are one of those folks who questioned whether we will give Hatcher a chance. You/they apparently have no idea just how bad last year was for us. I, and everyone I know, think that Hatcher is doing absolutely the best he can with a team that was in total disarray last year and that is now plagued by injuries.

Saint3333
September 23rd, 2007, 10:37 AM
Trivia time:

Has ASU and GSU ever been tied for last in the SoCon at any point in time?xreadx

Hopefully it's just for one week.

ChickenMan
September 23rd, 2007, 11:39 AM
I know GSU's offense changed drastically.. by dropping the triple option.. but what in the world has happened to their defense? Last year when UD's defense was the worst I've ever seen.. the reasons were obvious.. too many injuries and a total lack of athleticism. What's GSU's excuse???

BigApp
September 23rd, 2007, 11:58 AM
way to go Mocs!

does this take some heat off Allison?

walliver
September 23rd, 2007, 01:28 PM
Trivia time:

Has ASU and GSU ever been tied for last in the SoCon at any point in time?xreadx

Hopefully it's just for one week.

In 2003 (http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/conf/southern/confsched.aspx?season=2003,sc=AF,conf=Southern), both teams started with conference losses, but the schedules weren't in sync,

Week three GSU was 0-1 and ASU 0-0
Week three GSU was 1-1 and ASU was 0-1

Saint3333
September 23rd, 2007, 01:35 PM
In 2003 (http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/conf/southern/confsched.aspx?season=2003,sc=AF,conf=Southern), both teams started with conference losses, but the schedules weren't in sync,

Week three GSU was 0-1 and ASU 0-0
Week three GSU was 1-1 and ASU was 0-1

Don't remind me about 2003xdohx

chattanoogamocs
September 23rd, 2007, 01:49 PM
way to go Mocs!

does this take some heat off Allison?

It only takes the heat off if he continues to win...they beat GSU last year too...and then only won one game (WCU, in OT) the rest of the season.

The things most Mocfans were looking for this year was at least 7 wins and to play competitively, win or lose, against the top teams (no blowout losses).

The team dug a big whole by losing two winnable games (partially because of injuries...this is a totally different team with Miller in the game), they have pulled themselves halfway out by getting in Statesboro (which, I assume, no one would have picked as a win in pre-season), but now they have to continue the progress if R.A. wants to keep his job.

Consistency is what the Mocfans are looking for (let me rephrase, consistently good :))...something that R.A. has struggled to deliver.

asu70
September 23rd, 2007, 03:24 PM
Kudos to all Mocfans on a great game in Statesboro.

NashMoc
September 23rd, 2007, 05:23 PM
That makes two in a row for the Mocs versus Georgia Southern. Maybe we have solved the Eagle riddlexlolx Seriously though I kept hoping that Foster would pull a hammy or sprain something. That kid is ridiculous. My hat goes off to Antonio Miller and the Mocs offense for a very well played game. They took advantage of nearly every turnover and 2nd chance that presented itself.

Baldy
September 23rd, 2007, 08:52 PM
I know GSU's offense changed drastically.. by dropping the triple option.. but what in the world has happened to their defense? Last year when UD's defense was the worst I've ever seen.. the reasons were obvious.. too many injuries and a total lack of athleticism. What's GSU's excuse???
We have some problems, but the defense isn't actually that bad.
Against West GA we gave up 338 yds.
Against Coastal, we gave up 370 yds.
Against Catty we gave up 347 yds.

Not great, but definitely not the worst. Were actually 60th in FCS, better than Appy, Furman, Chatty, Elon, etc.

SuperEagle
September 23rd, 2007, 09:57 PM

Not great, but definitely not the worst. Were actually 60th in FCS, better than Appy, Furman, Chatty, Elon, etc.
yeah but the bottom line is points scored. And we're giving up alot of them. this d has me scared to death. no offense moc or ccu fans, but I don't think we've faced a quality offense yet. it might get much worse for this D.

Baldy
September 24th, 2007, 01:41 AM
yeah but the bottom line is points scored. And we're giving up alot of them. this d has me scared to death. no offense moc or ccu fans, but I don't think we've faced a quality offense yet. it might get much worse for this D.
But the defense didn't give up the score that sent the game into overtime. We played by far our best defensive game of the young season Saturday night. If the offense would have done its job and held onto the ball, we would have won by 3+ scores, Billy Lowe would have gotten some valuable PT in the 4th quarter, and the D would be getting some very valuable confidence that it desperately needs right now.

seantaylor
September 24th, 2007, 04:25 AM

Not sure what you are seeing. Our D absolutely sucks. The only playmaker is Cov.

Kill'em
September 24th, 2007, 08:09 AM

He needs time. For the most part, is doing the right things. The turnovers and the penalties need work, as does the defense but the injuries are out of his control. He is doing the best with what he has. Remember, he is used to throwing the ball all over the place. He is smart enough to realize this team's strength is running the football and that Jayson is a difference-maker. Jayson needs to relax and let his teamates help. He can't do it by himself all year.

blueballs
September 24th, 2007, 08:37 AM

Recruiting during the Sewak era... his best defensive recruits for the most part all either got hurt, flunked out, or got run off. I can name off the top of my head a handful of supposed "bell cow" defensive players he recruited who aren't in the program any longer; and there are a couple of players who came into the program under a lot of hype who haven't panned out.

GSU's main problem is that the d-line play is woeful at best and their pass rush is weak. A senior like Antonio Miller is going to have a field day against anybody's secondary if he can just stand there and wait for the patterns to open up with nobody in his face.

But in fairness to GSU's defense, one of the UTC's scores was on a fumble return and they were put in bad situations all night. However, GSU did have a 28-17 lead and couldn't get off the field when they had a chance to bury UTC and gave up a long drive that MOL killed the momentum early in the thrid qtr, which is very similar to what happened last year.

NashMoc
September 24th, 2007, 08:58 AM
It is pretty sickening to read all of these posts that go on about GSU giving away the game. Turnovers are caused by good defensive play. The Mocs linebackers were flying around the ball all game long. They laid some big hits on Foster and and Hamilton. Those fumbles were the direct result of big hits. On top of that UTC was able to sustain long offensive drives at key points to keep themselves in the game. This was a hard fought and hard earned victory for the Mocs.

gsugt1
September 24th, 2007, 09:02 AM
I am pretty sure the Foster fumble was because he dropped the ball and not a big hit. The ball bounced up to a defenders hands. I was getting a coke at teh time and missed it. That is what I was told.

NashMoc
September 24th, 2007, 09:49 AM
I am pretty sure the Foster fumble was because he dropped the ball and not a big hit. The ball bounced up to a defenders hands. I was getting a coke at teh time and missed it. That is what I was told.

Thank you Jayson Foster for giving us poor, poor Mocs the win. It was so kind of you to let this lovable bunch of losers finally get a win at Paulson Stadium. I don't know what UTC would have done if it wasn't for your nice gift.

gsugt1
September 24th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Thank you Jayson Foster for giving us poor, poor Mocs the win. It was so kind of you to let this lovable bunch of losers finally get a win at Paulson Stadium. I don't know what UTC would have done if it wasn't for your nice gift.
No need to be an ass . I was pointing out that in this case it wasn't a big hit but that he dropped the ball.

NashMoc
September 24th, 2007, 10:14 AM
No need to be an ass . I was pointing out that in this case it wasn't a big hit but that he dropped the ball.

I was not being an a** but it does boil my blood to see the Mocs pull out a big win at a place where they have never won before and come on here and read GSU fans talk about the Eagles giving away the game as opposed to the Mocs earning the victory. I just wish that Eagles' fans would just say congrats on the big win, enjoy it now we'll get you next year in Chattanooga.

NashMoc
September 24th, 2007, 10:22 AM

I agree. Mocs receivers were open whenever we needed a big play. Was not at all impressed with GSU's defense.

Jayson Foster should be a sure fire finalist for Buchanon award. I am glad that he is not on the schedule ever again. What a dumba** BVG was last year for putting JF at WR.

NashMoc
September 24th, 2007, 10:31 AM
But the defense didn't give up the score that sent the game into overtime. We played by far our best defensive game of the young season Saturday night. If the offense would have done its job and held onto the ball, we would have won by 3+ scores, Billy Lowe would have gotten some valuable PT in the 4th quarter, and the D would be getting some very valuable confidence that it desperately needs right now.

I don't know which GSU defense you were watching. UTC had more rushing yards vs GSU than the did against Jax St or Carson freakin Newman. GSU pass defense got torched for several deep plays and three touchdowns. Three TD passes is Antonio Miller's career high (in his third year as starter). GSU defense was down right bad.

Eaglesrus
September 24th, 2007, 10:39 AM
I was not being an a** but it does boil my blood to see the Mocs pull out a big win at a place where they have never won before and come on here and read GSU fans talk about the Eagles giving away the game as opposed to the Mocs earning the victory. I just wish that Eagles' fans would just say congrats on the big win, enjoy it now we'll get you next year in Chattanooga.

To all of you UTC fans; congrats on the big win, not happy we lost, but I'm glad you get to enjoy it. I certainly won't take getting you back in Chattanooga next year for granted.

NashMoc
September 24th, 2007, 10:48 AM
To all of you UTC fans; congrats on the big win, not happy we lost, but I'm glad you get to enjoy it. I certainly won't take getting you back in Chattanooga next year for granted.

Thank you Eaglesrus, I am definitely enjoying this win. It is unbelievable that it has taken this long to win in Statesboro. The only problem is now we (Mocs fans) will have to listen to Rodney Allison prattle on about coaching UTC to one of its greatest wins in school history. Much like he said about last year's win. Despite the fact that he beat a seriously poorly coached team and then only because you guys couldn't make a kick.

blueballs
September 24th, 2007, 11:35 AM
The fumble that got run back for a TD was caused by a UTC player who got his hand in from behind and punched the ball out of Foster's hand.

Foster never saw the tackler and it was a good play to cause the fumble.

The bounce after the fumble could not have been any more fortunate for UTC as it bounced right into the defender's lap who returned it in what amounted to full stride with nobody between him and the goaline and he took it to the house untouched.

A great play on the strip + a fortunate bounce = a defensive TD.

NashMoc
September 24th, 2007, 12:57 PM
The fumble that got run back for a TD was caused by a UTC player who got his hand in from behind and punched the ball out of Foster's hand.

Foster never saw the tackler and it was a good play to cause the fumble.

The bounce after the fumble could not have been any more fortunate for UTC as it bounced right into the defender's lap who returned it in what amounted to full stride with nobody between him and the goaline and he took it to the house untouched.

A great play on the strip + a fortunate bounce = a defensive TD.

Thanks for the clarification. That was an extremely key turning point of this game. GSU really could have taken control of the second half and preserved the win. I know there was a lot of points on the board, but UTC's backers were very active in pursuing the ball all night. Other than the human highlight Jayson Foster the Eagles did not get gain any easy yards on the Mocs.

CCU97
September 24th, 2007, 01:01 PM
OK....after watching this game I can say one thing for sure....UTC almost gave the game away with that late hit at the end of regulation....I mean you held them and GSU would have to go for either 4th and long or punt...either way....I'm glad the Mocs got a hard faught win! About time something went your way.

NashMoc
September 24th, 2007, 01:02 PM
OK....after watching this game I can say one thing for sure....UTC almost gave the game away with that late hit at the end of regulation....I mean you held them and GSU would have to go for either 4th and long or punt...either way....I'm glad the Mocs got a hard faught win! About time something went your way.

Yeah after that penalty I said here we go the Mocs find a way to lose.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 24th, 2007, 01:19 PM
I don't know which GSU defense you were watching. UTC had more rushing yards vs GSU than the did against Jax St or Carson freakin Newman. GSU pass defense got torched for several deep plays and three touchdowns. Three TD passes is Antonio Miller's career high (in his third year as starter). GSU defense was down right bad.

I disagree...I think your offense deserves some credit. The OOC losses in the first two games means your playoff chances are slim but you should have some nice offensive numbers like you haven't had in a long time.

But it's hard not to argue that overall GSU shot themselves in the foot with a -4 turnover differential and 80-something yards on penalties (including a punt return touchdown that was called back). We had control of the game until that fumble was returned for a touchdown.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 24th, 2007, 01:25 PM

I agree...the tackling wasn't sloppy this time and the secondary was on their toes. UTC had a lot of great passes and catches and that's how they put up the numbers they did.

Cap'n Cat
September 24th, 2007, 01:41 PM
So, it was raining, huh?

Laserlips
September 24th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Hey,
Contratulations to the Moc's on a great win, and hope all the Moc faithful who made the trip were well treated at Paulson.

Some folks just don't realize the "sun don't shine on the same dog every day", and there isn't much sunshine to be seen for our Eagles this season.. That's just the way it is, and getting beat at home always sucks..

All we can do is try and regroup and do better... It's a game folks, that's all.

As a rabid GSU Eagle fan I'll be the first to admit our football team is as porous as a sponge in several areas. It doesn't help that 3 of our top 4 runners are injured. But injuries are just a part of it too..

I'm of the opinion that my beloved GSU Eagles are in for some serious butt whupping before the season is over. If the first three games we played were the "easy" part of our schedule I'm afraid to see the hard part.

But all the guys can do is suit up and do their best. I think we are extremely fortunate to have Coach Hatcher at the helm, and it will indeed be several years before we see HIS "Hatch Attack" vision come to fruition. But I think it WILL come. In the meantime the GSU faithful just has to take our beatings with as much class as we can muster and back our Coaches and our players.

As long as Jayson stays healthy we are capable of making every football game we play exciting. Again: As long as Jayson stays healthy we are capable of making every football game we play exciting.

So, to any of our SOCON foes who want a piece of the GSU Eagles, your boat has arrived. Get us now and enjoy it, because that saying about the "sun and the dog" works for EVERYBODY!

I hear myself repeating more and more "wait till next year".. And you just know that sucks!

Best Wishes to all,

J. Pomeroy

citdog
September 24th, 2007, 02:30 PM
GSU SUCKS! NEWBERRY BEAT WEST GA 64-7!

NashMoc
September 24th, 2007, 02:45 PM

Are you saying that Citadel has ascended into the SoCon Big 3?

citdog
September 24th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Are you saying that THE Citadel has ascended into the SoCon Big 3?

i didn't, but you did! fixed it for 'ya too!

Seven Would Be Nice
September 24th, 2007, 02:47 PM

So shouldn't you be called "THE Citdog" ?xlolx xlolx

NashMoc
September 24th, 2007, 02:48 PM

Citadel has to beat someone of regard before I will elevate them from the conference basement.

citdog
September 24th, 2007, 02:51 PM
So shouldn't you be called "THE Citdog" ?xlolx xlolx

dogcit, citdog, cit, dog, horseschmeckle. these are all things i will answer to!

citdog
September 24th, 2007, 02:53 PM
THE Citadel has to beat someone of regard before I will elevate them from the conference basement.

well, then we won't get there after we beat you this saturday then either.

NashMoc
September 24th, 2007, 03:20 PM
well, then we won't get there after we beat you this saturday then either.

The game still has to be played before you can start counting wins.

citdog
September 24th, 2007, 04:12 PM

not counting anything. you going to the game?

NashMoc
September 24th, 2007, 04:20 PM
not counting anything. you going to the game?

I am tying the knot on Friday evening in Nashville and will be spending the first day of my honeymoon in Chattanooga to watch the Mocs host the Bulldogs.

citdog
September 24th, 2007, 04:22 PM
I am tying the knot on Friday evening in Nashville and will be spending the first day of my honeymoon in Chattanooga to watch the Mocs host the Bulldogs.

why would you EVER want to get married? no strange for the rest of your life? YIKES! pm me your info and we shall get together for a beer!

bobbythekidd
You don't get married durring football season! SHEESH.

bobbythekidd
Oh, congrats anyway.

Laserlips
September 24th, 2007, 04:25 PM

citdog:

Always a pleasure to hear from you..

I'd be the first to admit that our 2007 GSU Eagle football program is in bad shape, but that only means your Citadel team will look even worse after Jayson runs your defense into the ground and you LOSE in Paulson.

Go ahead and count your chickens Citdog, just be willing to eat the feathers should you be wrong.

Best Wishes, and keep posting.. Classy posts are always appreciated. xthumbsupx

J. Pomeroy

NashMoc
September 24th, 2007, 04:27 PM
You don't get married durring football season! SHEESH.

At least I am getting married on Friday, so I won't miss the game on Saturday.

citdog
September 24th, 2007, 04:27 PM
citdog:

Always a pleasure to hear from you..

I'd be the first to admit that our 2007 GSU Eagle football program is in bad shape, but that only means your Citadel team will look even worse after Jayson runs your defense into the ground and you LOSE in Paulson.

Go ahead and count your chickens Citdog, just be willing to eat the feathers should you be wrong.

J. Pomeroy

it's nice to beat you in Charleston, but it's even better to make your house OUR HOUSE!

Baldy
September 24th, 2007, 06:35 PM
You probably should have watched more GSU games this season before you showed your ignorance. What part of, we played our best defensive game of the season, did you not understand? xconfusedx
What you did against C-N or Jack State isn't relevant to this conversation.
Just as I said, our defense isn't very good right now, but it did play its best game of the season, sorry that offends you. xrolleyesx

Cap'n Cat
September 24th, 2007, 06:38 PM
You probably should have watched more GSU games this season before you showed your ignorance. What part of, we played our best defensive game of the season, did you not understand? xconfusedx
What you did against C-N or Jack State isn't relevant to this conversation.
Just as I said, our defense isn't very good right now, but it did play its best game of the season, sorry that offends you. xrolleyesx

Man, you're just a big butthead, dude.

xnonox xnonox xnonox xnonox :p

Eaglesrus
September 24th, 2007, 08:07 PM
citdog:

J. Pomeroy

If you appreciate classy posts why did you tell citdog to keep posting? Oh, sarcasm......never mind

chattanoogamocs
September 24th, 2007, 08:13 PM
Thank you Eaglesrus, I am definitely enjoying this win. It is unbelievable that it has taken this long to win in Statesboro. The only problem is now we (Mocs fans) will have to listen to Rodney Allison prattle on about coaching UTC to one of its greatest wins in school history. Much like he said about last year's win. Despite the fact that he beat a seriously poorly coached team and then only because you guys couldn't make a kick.

I went and re-read all the articles from this weekend and couldn't find one instance of him "prattling on"...all I saw was him heaping praise on this players (for not giving up when the "fans" obviously had) and getting ready for the Citadel.

Kill'em
September 25th, 2007, 07:14 AM
I definitely give my congrats to the Mocs. They earned this win. The only turnover given to them was Andrews' muffed fair catch. We helped them with penalties but they outplayed and outcoached us. Hatcher admitted that.

citdog
September 25th, 2007, 07:16 AM
If you appreciate classy posts why did you tell citdog to keep posting? Oh, sarcasm......never mind
a gsu person talking about class? y'all never cease to amaze me.

Eaglesrus
September 25th, 2007, 09:09 AM
a gsu person talking about class? y'all never cease to amaze me.

I guarantee you you're not as amazed as I am that you take it upon yourself to judge class xlolx Here's a classy quote from you; "GSU SUCKS!"; and that's from this forum, not the smack board.

citdog
September 25th, 2007, 09:12 AM
I guarantee you you're not as amazed as I am that you take it upon yourself to judge class xlolx Here's a classy quote from you; "GSU SUCKS!"; and that's from this forum, not the smack board.

it's true, you do suck. you barely beat west ga who NEWBERRY BEAT BY 60 points! NEWBERRY! fans of which school in the socon have the worst reputation? YOURS! that will be all.

Eaglesrus
September 25th, 2007, 09:36 AM
it's true, you do suck. you barely beat west ga who NEWBERRY BEAT BY 60 points! NEWBERRY! fans of which school in the socon have the worst reputation? YOURS! that will be all.

Man, how could I forget about the ignore list. I guess because I've never used it; well, no time like the present!

citdog
September 25th, 2007, 09:53 AM
Man, how could I forget about the ignore list. I guess because I've never used it; well, no time like the present!

you are just pissed because you live in my cities red headed stepchild sister city. we don't allow south ga clayeaters betwixt the Ashley and the Cooper!

Baldy
September 25th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Thats funny....associating Chitdog and class. Thats like trying to associate Michael Vick with the Westminster Kennel Club. xwhistlex xthumbsupx

Kill'em
September 26th, 2007, 06:53 AM
Thats funny....associating Chitdog and class. Thats like trying to associate Michael Vick with the Westminster Kennel Club. xwhistlex xthumbsupx

xlolx

citdog
September 26th, 2007, 07:23 AM

who is this chitdog? at least i have the class to refer to posters by their usernames. your's is a55hole.

Baldy
September 26th, 2007, 05:53 PM
who is this chitdog? at least i have the class to refer to posters by their usernames. your's is a55hole.
Sorry, but it fits so well. You might need to consider a name change. xnodx

CID1990
September 30th, 2007, 09:42 AM

Can we count it now?

Laserlips
September 30th, 2007, 01:42 PM
FWIW:

Well, the absolute truth regarding the GSU Eagle football team this season, is that we have the capability (IMO) to lose every remaining game this season..

On the other hand I think we have the capability to win every remaining game this season... I didn't say we WOULD, but we could...

I definitely think we'll spoil the party for some team before the season is over.

JMOFO

J.Pomeroy