PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Wofford Terriers

GreatAppSt
September 22nd, 2007, 05:16 PM
xthumbsupx You were the better team and better prepared team today!!! Ya bagged the big elephant!

ASU88
September 22nd, 2007, 05:17 PM
Great game. Great coaching. Great gameplan. Great execution.

Shouldn't have even been that close.

Well done.

BigApp
September 22nd, 2007, 05:26 PM
yup!

walliver
September 22nd, 2007, 05:28 PM
Maybe we'll meet again this year.xnodx

(Hopefully with the same result:D )

TheRock21
September 22nd, 2007, 05:30 PM
I'll second these comments, we were outplayed from the first play of the game. Thank you for giving us a reality check EARLY in the season. Congratulations on a great game, those funky offenses (Spread, Wishbone, Option, etc.) give opposing defenses fits!

Millwoch
September 22nd, 2007, 05:31 PM
Way to go T-dogs. that win goes a long way towards a playoff bid if you do not get the automatic one. Appy looked like they were sleep walking through the first quarter and then made silly mistakes. But Wofford is well coached and took advantage of every mistake.

HiHiYikas
September 22nd, 2007, 05:31 PM
Here here.

Joe, I hope you have some voice left when you stand in the pulpit tomorrow.

slycat
September 22nd, 2007, 05:32 PM
congrats wofford. played a great game.

Jerbearasu
September 22nd, 2007, 05:33 PM
Great playing from start to finish. The play calling for Wofford was perfect and they deserved this win. It wasn't a fluke play or bad call that won it, they were the better team all day long!

Bh2oson
September 22nd, 2007, 05:35 PM
The best team won. What a game. It is great for the SOCON. Good job Wofford.

KiddBrewer
September 22nd, 2007, 05:37 PM
good game. who knows if wofford is always this good or just saw the 140' x 140' foot target we carried into the stadium with us, but if they play and coach as well as today, theyre gonna cause some fits for sure.

HI54UNI
September 22nd, 2007, 05:38 PM
Congrats Wofford

ASUG8
September 22nd, 2007, 05:45 PM
Congrats - we were completely outplayed.
The rest of the Socon better watch out - there is a new powerhouse in the league this year (typed as I look longingly at my Sports Illustrated App/MI issue). At least we won one important game. We have lots to work on for The Citadel, Furman, and Ga. So., especially if Armanti is really hurt. Best of luck in the rest of your schedule - maybe we'll see you again!

HiHiYikas
September 22nd, 2007, 05:47 PM
Here here.

Joe, I hope you have some voice left when you stand in the pulpit tomorrow.

Sam Adams
September 22nd, 2007, 05:49 PM
Congratulations Wofford. You beat a very good football team today. This is what makes College football and FBS so much fun (and heartbreaking).

Reed Rothchild
September 22nd, 2007, 05:50 PM
Thats good for the SoCon. The better they are as a whole, the better FCS is.

Eyes of Old Main
September 22nd, 2007, 05:56 PM
Maybe we'll meet again this year.xnodx

(Hopefully with the same result:D )

Only if it's in the finals...

As for the game, I'm obviously very proud of my alma mater, but I'm proud of Appalachian's team, too. They are a very good team that's well-coached with loads of talent and class. Today may have been Wofford's day, but all the reasons Mountaineer fans are proud of their team remain. They are probably still the class of the nation and will have many more victorious Saturday's this season.

appsfan
September 22nd, 2007, 05:57 PM
Congrats on the game today. I watched the game on TV and was very impressed with the way you played. You really brought the game to us (and controlled most of it) and deserve credit for how you outplayed us today. Even with that, we did have a slight chance to pull out a win late but you closed the door on us when needed. Thanks for the reality check and again kudos to you for the victory.

ERASU2113
September 22nd, 2007, 06:27 PM
The better team won the game today....and deserved it from the start. Heck of a game Wofford, Congrats.

The win also shows how good the SoCon really is. People were wanting to go ahead and put Apps name on the trophy, Wofford showed what we all know.
It's going to be a dogfight to the finish.

appfan2008
September 22nd, 2007, 06:29 PM
WAY TO GO WOFFORD

ASU got outplayed outcoached outhustled and just looked plain bad thanks to a superior team on this day

Congrats... I hope to see you again:)!

terrierbob
September 22nd, 2007, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the classy posts, Mountaineers. It does seem that we are no fluke. I hope we can consistently be the team we were today instead of the one at NCSU the rest of the season.

TB

asu70
September 22nd, 2007, 06:39 PM
Thanks for the classy posts, Mountaineers. It does seem that we are no fluke. I hope we can consistently be the team we were today instead of the one at NCSU the rest of the season.

TB

I just got back from the Wofford game and can tell you that the Terriers played a great game and were the best team on the field today. Kudos to the Terriers!

T-Dog
September 22nd, 2007, 06:42 PM
http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/ncf/index

Look at the sidebar

asu70
September 22nd, 2007, 06:44 PM
Congrats - we were completely outplayed.
The rest of the Socon better watch out - there is a new powerhouse in the league this year (typed as I look longingly at my Sports Illustrated App/MI issue). At least we won one important game. We have lots to work on for The Citadel, Furman, and Ga. So., especially if Armanti is really hurt. Best of luck in the rest of your schedule - maybe we'll see you again!

Don't leave out Elon. They will be a big challenge for our team to get us back on track next week.

WUTNDITWAA
September 22nd, 2007, 06:47 PM
xbowx xbowx xbowx Congrats. xbowx xbowx xbowx

OldFootballGuy
September 22nd, 2007, 06:52 PM
Looked to me like the ASU boys have spent too much time reading SI and not enough time getting ready to play. This is two straight subpar efforts for them. Maybe it's time for the coaches and the players to stop signing autographs and play some football. While they're busy talking about winning at Michigan, the Woffs will be hosting playoff games.

appfan2008
September 22nd, 2007, 06:54 PM
dont get too far ahead of yourself old guy!

hapapp
September 22nd, 2007, 06:59 PM
Let me add my congrats to Wofford. I fretted over this game. I knew if you guys could control the clock you would make life difficult for us. Unfortunately, my worries came to fruition. Should be a good next week with Furman.

We need to take it one game at a time and focus on Elon (big winners over Liberty today).

Eyes of Old Main
September 22nd, 2007, 07:19 PM
Next weeks game against Elon will be big for the Mountaineers, but I suspect they'll show up with renewed focus and put on a strong effort. As for Wofford, hopefully they'll enjoy the win today, forget about it tomorrow, and get busy with the business of preparing for Furman.

Zoo
September 22nd, 2007, 07:19 PM
I watched this game and came away really impressed by Wofford. I knew they were a good team, but I didn't expect them to come out the way they did and beat Appalchian State.

OldFootballGuy
September 22nd, 2007, 07:32 PM
dont get too far ahead of yourself old guy!

I'm just saying the Boonies can't show up and expect people to lie down for the Block A. If they didn't learn that lesson today, there's a few more teams that will be happy to teach them starting with Elon. ASU is two touchdowns better than anybody in the SoCon if they play the way they can. If they play the way they played today, they'll be below .500 in the SoCon.

Go...gate
September 22nd, 2007, 07:33 PM
Congratulations to the Terriers!! xthumbsupx

GreatAppSt
September 22nd, 2007, 07:35 PM
I'm just saying the Boonies can't show up and expect people to lie down for the Block A.

No chit man. You state the obvious well.

proasu89
September 22nd, 2007, 07:44 PM
xbowx Wofford kicked our AZZEs today! xbowx However, I don't believe that our young men feel that anyone will roll over for the Block A. They just plain have some work to do get ready for "gulp" Elon. This one hurts a little but dadgum if I ain't looking forward to next weekxpeacex

dungeonjoe
September 22nd, 2007, 07:58 PM
I too just got back from the game, and I will be gargling later tonight and early in the morning before making my way to the pulpit.

Before I say anything about the game, I want to say a word about the App fans today... you came in great numbers to support your team. I sat next to two ASU students (clearly wearin 'teer gear). I got there and thought they were stealing the seats they were in seats 5 and 6, I was in seat 4 and I am sure my big butt intruded in theis space. they got the tickets via the internet. They were well behaved even in their partisanship. We talked the whole game long.

I was very impressed. That's one of the many things I like about FCS football.

The game--- oh the game. We did something we don't see very often-- I think it is called the "pass." I hope to study this formation and learn more about it, cause we don't see it often at Wofford.

Difference-makers the field postion when ASU started on a long field, it seemed to go hardr for them

Wofford's pass defense was clicking too. The team clicked...finally, great execution, few critucal penalties or turnovers.

It was a great well-played FCS game

I still expect that ASU will make the final 4 if not 2 this year.

BlueHen86
September 22nd, 2007, 08:12 PM
Congrats Wofford, sounds like it was a great game.

ERASU2113
September 22nd, 2007, 08:16 PM
How come I have the feeling a Wofford/ASU rematch will happen this year? haha

SirApp
September 22nd, 2007, 09:15 PM
As said by many before, Wofford outplayed and outcoached us. They came in with a great gameplan and executed. But most of all, they came in with more heart and wanted this game more.

Congrats to the Terriers. My hat goes off to you. You played one hell of a game.

terrierbob
September 22nd, 2007, 09:33 PM
pass? what's a "pass"? tell me about this thing you call the pass...

dungeonjoe
September 22nd, 2007, 09:47 PM
pass? what's a "pass"? tell me about this thing you call the pass...
it is a unique way to move the ball down the field--quickly. It is not to be confused with the "pooch" kick.xlolx

dbackjon
September 22nd, 2007, 09:49 PM
Congrats Wafurd!!! You even got mentioned on ESPN!!

Gil Dobie
September 22nd, 2007, 09:49 PM
Congrats Terriers xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

SirApp
September 22nd, 2007, 09:50 PM
One more thing I would like to add, on both defense and offense, Wofford controlled the line of scrimmage today.

Also, when passing (Wofford passing?? ;) ), they had great plays that exploited our cover defense. Again, great playcalling by the Wofford coaches and great execution by the Wofford players.

mistersykes
September 22nd, 2007, 10:01 PM
I'd also like to add my congrats to Wofford. You played the game to perfection and gave my Apps some big problems. It hurts to lose, but that was a good Woffie team out there. I hope we can bounce back, and here's to ASU starting another winning streak!

griz8791
September 22nd, 2007, 10:06 PM
Socon must be one helluva conference . . .

terrierbob
September 22nd, 2007, 10:16 PM
Socon must be one helluva conference

A band of fightin' brothers

james_lawfirm
September 22nd, 2007, 10:19 PM
Just got back from the ASU/Wofford game. Wofford played a great game. Especially the play calling on offense. A comparison to the Ga.Southern teams of old is not inappropriate.

As for ASU, I'm glad we play no other triple option again (what does The Citadel run?). We played well, but got burned on a few plays. Wofford seemed to know what was coming.

Congrats, Wofford.

JBB
September 22nd, 2007, 10:23 PM
Excellent Game!

appstate38
September 22nd, 2007, 10:35 PM
Still smarting over this loss..... Hope AE can bounce back quickly so we can get back on track. As we can see by GSU's loss that this is still the best conference in the FCS. We stumbled (got knocked down) against a very good club today. Hopefully this will be our only smudge on the season.

ngineer
September 22nd, 2007, 10:57 PM
Congrats Terriers! ...AND Congrats to Chuck Burton who picked Wofford to win this one...I think most people thought Wofford would be 'in the hunt' but the great majority felt that ASU had too much. AnyGivenSaturday, yes, indeed!

AppMan
September 23rd, 2007, 05:23 AM
Looked to me like the ASU boys have spent too much time reading SI and not enough time getting ready to play. This is two straight subpar efforts for them. Maybe it's time for the coaches and the players to stop signing autographs and play some football. While they're busy talking about winning at Michigan, the Woffs will be hosting playoff games.

Couldn't agree more. If I'm Jerry Moore there are no more interviews, no more autographs, no more pictures, nothing, until late in the evening of December 14. I'm not just talking about the players, the coaches and fans have basked in the limelight of the Michigan win just as much. You could see this coming last week. We didn't tackle well and were fortunate to get some turnovers in the win over UNA. Wofford brought their best effort, played a tremendous game, and deserve all the congratulations and kudo's for the win. However, this was NOT the same team that took the field against Michigan. IMO, this is exactly what the Dr ordered for this team. Nothing like the cold slap of reality and a healthy dose of humility to bring you back down to earth and force you to refocus on the task at hand. A team in ASU's situation has to expect that type of effort from opponents every week. Wofford had the team and scheme to make it stick. I'm really curious to see how our kids respond. Tuesday will be a fun day to watch practice. One on one, man on man blocking and tackling drills. Back to the fundamentals. Time to get the swagger back. If the Apps can do that, the next 11 weeks should be fun to watch. If not..... well, I don't even want to think about it.

lizrdgizrd
September 23rd, 2007, 07:29 PM
There's no shame in loosing to a better team, and Wofford was clearly the better team on Saturday. I had a feeling this was a game we might loose and I'm glad it's early in the season. Looking forward to seeing the Terriers again in Chatanooga. xthumbsupx

89Hen
September 23rd, 2007, 10:25 PM
Very late to the party, but a hearty congrats to the Terriers! xthumbsupx xbowx

travelinman67
September 23rd, 2007, 10:53 PM
Couldn't agree more. If I'm Jerry Moore there are no more interviews, no more autographs, no more pictures, nothing, until late in the evening of December 14. I'm not just talking about the players, the coaches and fans have basked in the limelight of the Michigan win just as much. You could see this coming last week. We didn't tackle well and were fortunate to get some turnovers in the win over UNA. Wofford brought their best effort, played a tremendous game, and deserve all the congratulations and kudo's for the win. However, this was NOT the same team that took the field against Michigan. IMO, this is exactly what the Dr ordered for this team. Nothing like the cold slap of reality and a healthy dose of humility to bring you back down to earth and force you to refocus on the task at hand. A team in ASU's situation has to expect that type of effort from opponents every week. Wofford had the team and scheme to make it stick. I'm really curious to see how our kids respond. Tuesday will be a fun day to watch practice. One on one, man on man blocking and tackling drills. Back to the fundamentals. Time to get the swagger back. If the Apps can do that, the next 11 weeks should be fun to watch. If not..... well, I don't even want to think about it.

In all fairness to Coach Moore and the players...IMHO spanking the Wolverines in their house gives them the currency to make this mistake. Wofford came in unintimidated and played the better game. It's a lesson for all.
xcoffeex

Black and Gold Express
September 24th, 2007, 08:46 AM
I made some pretty bold statements about this game, and I was proven wrong.

Despite the fact that we made numerous mistakes and looked like a team that was a shodow of itself, the credit needs to go to Wofford. They did not make the mistakes, they capitalized on all of ours, and deserved to win the game.

Had we pulled this one out, I would have said the better team did not win the game. But the better team did win this one.

But, in the larger scheme of things, I'm not as upset as I thought I would be. Yes the overall win streak is over, and we are 0-1 in conference play. But we lost to a team that is capable of playing good football, on their field. No shame in that when all is said and done. It also happened early enough that we hopefully got some reality slapped into us, and we'll come back stronger.

This team can still finish the season 10-1. We have the talent, and hopefully we now have the focus again. Focus that you could see missing from both the L-R and NAU games. Whatever else happens, I'll be looking forward to seeing how we respond.

COngrats Wofford, you earned this one.

GoldandBlack
September 24th, 2007, 08:55 AM
Thanks, B&GExpress-

AppState fans have been gracious on the boards regarding the loss, and I agree 100% that this may be the reality check needed by the Mountaineers. I expect nothing less than a ticked off bunch of ASU players the rest of the season.

I've said for several months that the SoCon should be a war this year, and I fully expect that will be the case. UTC shocked GSU at Paulson, WTC may make some noise, and it looks like the gloves are off as far as the conference race is concerned.

By the end of the year, I think everyone's views will have changed to some degree compared to 2006.

ChickenMan
September 24th, 2007, 09:03 AM
I've said for several months that the SoCon should be a war this year, and I fully expect that will be the case.

With Wofford .. The Citadel and Elon looking good this year you may be right and it's well past time.. as for the most part.. the battles in the SoCon have been far more like a skirmish.. as opposed to a war... :p

AZGrizFan
September 24th, 2007, 10:09 AM

It also happened early enough that we hopefully got some reality slapped into us, and we'll come back stronger.

This team can still finish the season 10-1. We have the talent, and hopefully we now have the focus again. Focus that you could see missing from both the L-R and NAU games. Whatever else happens, I'll be looking forward to seeing how we respond.

Sounds like a team that's been reading their press clippings. xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

OL FU
September 24th, 2007, 10:14 AM
Sounds like a team that's been reading their press clippings. xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

And a poster that is trying hard to be nice and but has a difficult time pulling it offxsmiley_wix

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Black and Gold Expressxthumbsupx

from now on just say congrats and then start another threadxoopsx :D

walliver
September 24th, 2007, 10:57 AM

At least it proves their athletes can read.:)

GaSouthern
September 24th, 2007, 10:58 AM
As much as I hate woffy for the whippings they have given my igles the past few, I was a HUGE wofford fan, jumping up and down and whatnot, when they beat ASU!

AZGrizFan
September 24th, 2007, 11:03 AM
And a poster that is trying hard to be nice and but has a difficult time pulling it offxsmiley_wix

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Black and Gold Expressxthumbsupx

from now on just say congrats and then start another threadxoopsx :D

I'm still sittin' here wondering why there aren't 50 different threads congratulating Wofford, and breaking down the game and it's potential impact from every conceivable angle... xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx ;)

lizrdgizrd
September 24th, 2007, 11:07 AM
I'm still sittin' here wondering why there aren't 50 different threads congratulating Wofford, and breaking down the game and it's potential impact from every conceivable angle... xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx ;)
We're waiting on you to start them. xeyebrowx

Cap'n Cat
September 24th, 2007, 11:09 AM

That "lame schedule" thing's gittin' under your skin purty deep, ain't it, Z?

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx :p :p :p :p :o :o :o

Cap'n Cat
September 24th, 2007, 11:10 AM

Despite the fact that we made numerous mistakes and looked like a team that was a shodow of itself, the credit needs to go to Wofford. They did not make the mistakes, they capitalized on all of ours, and deserved to win the game.

Had we pulled this one out, I would have said the better team did not win the game. But the better team did win this one.

But, in the larger scheme of things, I'm not as upset as I thought I would be. Yes the overall win streak is over, and we are 0-1 in conference play. But we lost to a team that is capable of playing good football, on their field. No shame in that when all is said and done. It also happened early enough that we hopefully got some reality slapped into us, and we'll come back stronger.

Ain't no thang, BGE. Everyone needs a slobberknocker now and then to help refocus. See ya in the playoffs!

NashMoc
September 24th, 2007, 11:14 AM
Congrats to the Terriers, what a gameplan Coach Ayers put together! Absolutely the best coached team in the SoCon. xthumbsupx

MarkCCU
September 24th, 2007, 11:23 AM
Good job Wofford!

AZGrizFan
September 24th, 2007, 11:25 AM
That "lame schedule" thing's gittin' under your skin purty deep, ain't it, Z?

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx :p :p :p :p :o :o :o

Well, we TRIED to schedule USC, but they wanted the "sure" win, so they went with Idaho instead. xlolx xthumbsupx xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

Cap'n Cat
September 24th, 2007, 11:27 AM
Well, we TRIED to schedule USC, but they wanted the "sure" win, so they went with Idaho instead. xlolx xthumbsupx xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

xwhistlex is right!

;)

AZGrizFan
September 24th, 2007, 11:28 AM
xwhistlex is right!

;)

Yep, so we went with the next toughest team....Albany. xthumbsupx

dungeonjoe
September 24th, 2007, 11:31 AM

You don't know the temptations I had yesterday, especially after that loss to Michigan/beat Wofford thread.

I was tempted to start a thread like:
If Wofford beat NC State, but lost to App, and the Cap'n was a priest

or

What if it had been montana that Wofford defeated?

or

Is Wofford's offense better than Michigan (my son thinks so, since the terriers scored more points)

But, I figured there would be plenty of opportunity to consume my words later if i did... prolly will now anyway.:) :D

AZGrizFan
September 24th, 2007, 11:34 AM
You don't know the temptations I had yesterday, especially after that loss to Michigan/beat Wofford thread.

I was tempted to start a thread like:
If Wofford beat NC State, but lost to App, and the Cap'n was a priest

or

What if it had been montana that Wofford defeated?

or

Is Wofford's offense better than Michigan (my son thinks so, since the terriers scored more points)

But, I figured there would be plenty of opportunity to consume my words later if i did... prolly will now anyway.:) :D

But if not you, Joe, why not somebody else? xeyebrowx xconfusedx ;) ;)

Why so little love for Wofford?

ASU88
September 24th, 2007, 11:56 AM
For one thing, it's not all over the national press. It's back to business as usual in THAT respect. FCS teams beating up on each other won't often make the top NCAA football headlines.

I'm guessing a lot of people don't even know about Saturday's game.

There were a few "Congrats" threads merged, too. :)

walliver
September 24th, 2007, 02:15 PM
For one thing, it's not all over the national press. It's back to business as usual in THAT respect. FCS teams beating up on each other won't often make the top NCAA football headlines.

I'm guessing a lot of people don't even know about Saturday's game.

There were a few "Congrats" threads merged, too. :)

Appalachian has had it's 15 minutes of fame, and now it's back to the real world. With Michigan's win last week, the media can now safely write off Michigan's opening game loss (it will now be remembered as Michigan's loss not Appalachian's win to the big-time media). The Michigan game is now, like the Miracle on the Mountain, one of those things that App fans will bring up at tailgating, but off the national radar. Win another National Championship and you'll get a short write-up on page 54 of SI. It will also lead to numerous threads dealing with team A beat NC State who beat Wofford who beat App State who beat Michigan who beat Penn State who beat Chuck Norris, etc.

Sad, but IMHO, truextwocentsx

citdog
September 24th, 2007, 02:18 PM
congrats to the 'dogs of the ankle biting variety! take care of the ex-baptists this week and set up a HUGE game in General Hagood's House!

Appaholic
September 24th, 2007, 02:41 PM
As much as I hate woffy for the whippings they have given my igles the past few, I was a HUGE wofford fan, jumping up and down and whatnot, when they beat ASU!

I would be too if my a$$ just got handed to me by the Mocs......xlolx

citdog
September 24th, 2007, 02:45 PM

xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

GreatAppSt
September 24th, 2007, 02:49 PM

At homexlolx xlolx xlolx

for the very first timexeekx xeekx xlolx xlolx

citdog
September 24th, 2007, 02:55 PM
At homexlolx xlolx xlolx

xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

Appaholic
September 24th, 2007, 03:08 PM
At homexlolx xlolx xlolx

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Grizo406
September 24th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Congrats to the Terriers on a terrific win!

Seems like Wofford has a fan base in Missoula. While the game was going on, the score was announced several times at Washington/Grizzly, and just about everyone clapped and cheered when they heard the results!

WoCoTerrier
September 24th, 2007, 03:58 PM
Congrats to the Terriers on a terrific win!

Seems like Wofford has a fan base in Missoula. While the game was going on, the score was announced several times at Washington/Grizzly, and just about everyone clapped and cheered when they heard the results!

A Wofford fan base anywhere outside of Spartanburg is pretty funny. xlolx

OL FU
September 24th, 2007, 03:59 PM
A Wofford fan base anywhere outside of Spartanburg is pretty funny. xlolx

A fan base inside Spartanburg is worth a chucklexnodx :o xsmiley_wix

citdog
September 24th, 2007, 04:17 PM
A fan base inside Spartanburg is worth a chucklexnodx :o xsmiley_wix

you mean BESIDES jerry richardson?

walliver
September 24th, 2007, 04:27 PM
you mean BESIDES jerry richardson?

But he lives in Charlotte.

citdog
September 24th, 2007, 04:29 PM
But he lives in Charlotte.

somebody's buying those tickets when the reported attendence is 9500 and 5,000 of them are people disguised as empty seats!