PDA

View Full Version : Feature Article on Rhett Bomar

blackfordpu
September 22nd, 2007, 04:42 PM
Rhett Bomar focusing on future with Sam Houston State

September 21 , 2007

For Sam Houston State quarterback Rhett Bomar, the focus is the future.

After 18 months, the junior from Grand Prairie is back playing football and excited about it.

“It was great to get back into a game situation,” Bomar said after the Bearkats' 2007 season opener against Angelo State . “I can't really explain it. I'm a competitive person and it's been awhile. I missed it. After I got hit the first time, that kind of woke me up. I haven't been hit in awhile.”

In the Angelo State season opener, Bomar started with an incomplete pass, then an interception. But he bounced back, completing his next 10 passes in a row. He ended the game with 204 yards passing including a 64-yard touchdown strike.

“You can simulate all you want in practice, but it's not the same. Coming out and throwing an interception, that wasn't too good. But stuff like that happens and you have to come back from that. The offense responded,” Bomar said. “We won our first two games and came close to beating a good North Dakota State team on their home turf where they haven't lost in three years. We've got a good team and have the opportunity to accomplish some things.”

http://www.gobearkats.com/football/rhett%20bomar%20feature.html

TexasTerror
September 22nd, 2007, 09:07 PM
According to Pat, Bomar is going to be available to the media on Monday in a conference call. The AD hasn't let Bomar really meet with the media as they were looking to protect him.

With SHSU heading to Oklahoma State this next weekend, you knew it'd be very hard to let him go without speaking to the media prior to the game. Good call by the AD and SID.

Hope this is good pub for Bomar and SHSU because he really has done some great things and got the Kat faithful looking forward to what he can do on the playing field!

blackfordpu
September 22nd, 2007, 09:16 PM
According to Pat, Bomar is going to be available to the media on Monday in a conference call. The AD hasn't let Bomar really meet with the media as they were looking to protect him.

With SHSU heading to Oklahoma State this next weekend, you knew it'd be very hard to let him go without speaking to the media prior to the game. Good call by the AD and SID.

Hope this is good pub for Bomar and SHSU because he really has done some great things and got the Kat faithful looking forward to what he can do on the playing field!

I am wondering if the AD will have the interviewers on a short leash and not let them ask about the OU situation.

TexasTerror
September 22nd, 2007, 09:20 PM
I am wondering if the AD will have the interviewers on a short leash and not let them ask about the OU situation.

I think the issue is over and done with...

It's about Bomar now and moving forward, hence the feature you posted. Sends a message loud and clear. They'll be lots of questions about him returning to a Big XII stadium, but I bet questions related to his OU past will not be there outside of game-related questions pertaining to his experience and so forth...

blackfordpu
September 22nd, 2007, 09:23 PM
I think the issue is over and done with...

It's about Bomar now and moving forward, hence the feature you posted. Sends a message loud and clear. They'll be lots of questions about him returning to a Big XII stadium, but I bet questions related to his OU past will not be there outside of game-related questions pertaining to his experience and so forth...

I hope you are right.

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2007, 08:20 AM
I think this was the guy that was in Huntsville the other week for the game that Pat mentioned elsewhere. Feature story on Bomar from a paper in Oklahoma...
---------------
Only thing Bomar was looking for was second chance
By John Helsley
Staff Writer
HUNTSVILLE, Texas – Night has fallen on Bowers Stadium, where friends and family mingle leisurely with Sam Houston State football players and coaches with no particular place to go.

No barriers separate the few fans from the hometown Bearkats. No campus cops rush folks away. No traffic jam awaits beyond the stadium's chain-link fences.

It's not like it used to be for Rhett Bomar, who played his way to college football's big time at Oklahoma but now toils here in obscurity, the result of his much-publicized trouble with the NCAA.

http://newsok.com/article/3132123/1190511142