PDA

View Full Version : Albany Playing New Hampshire?

Dane96
September 22nd, 2007, 01:59 PM
Just listened to the Montana-Albany pre-game. Coach Ford stated "New Hampshire will be coming on," regarding playing CAA teams. Also stated UMASS and UMAINE.

Any word on this?

GD84
September 22nd, 2007, 02:01 PM
where did you hear it Dane...i am listening and didn't hear anything. IT sounded like they started the interview (which Albany's pbp man Roger Wyland always records earlier in the week) and it sounded like they stopped it and restarted it.

UNHWildCats
September 22nd, 2007, 02:07 PM
Its possible UNH schedules Albany in Durham next season. They have 4 road games in conference and a game at Army and Dartmouth. Then 4 conference games at home, Im sure they would love to have the final two games in Durham... They have Iona this year and had Stony Brook last, so Albany could very well be of interest for UNH.

Dane96
September 22nd, 2007, 02:11 PM
where did you hear it Dane...i am listening and didn't hear anything. IT sounded like they started the interview (which Albany's pbp man Roger Wyland always records earlier in the week) and it sounded like they stopped it and restarted it.

Right after the restart. I had heard rumors of us playing a near FULL CAA OCC slate...but never believe them.

Honestly...if we DID play all three in one year...I would want us to upgrade already...even more so than the stadium.

Personally, would love a UNH game...so close to Boston.

danefan
September 22nd, 2007, 02:37 PM
Yeah I don't want to play a full CAA slate with 30 schollys. That's counterproductive in my mind.

yorkcountyUNHfan
September 22nd, 2007, 04:26 PM
Playing UNH and U Maine being America East makes sence.

Seawolf97
September 22nd, 2007, 09:44 PM
Playing UNH and U Maine being America East makes sence.

If Albany can go to 45 scholarships or more in the still unmentioned AE Football Conference it would make sense. We played UNH in 2006 with minimum scholarship players and got pounded.