PDA

View Full Version : New Hampshire Offense Inspires National Champions Offensive Coordinator

UNHWildCats
September 21st, 2007, 11:20 PM
Where does defending college football national champion Florida come up with the schemes that have enabled the Gators to average about 56 points through three games this season?

"We have UNH film that I still look at to see if I can come up with a unique play that will help our offense,'' Dan Mullen, Florida's offensive coordinator, said.

That's UNH as in the University of New Hampshire -- which has a national reputation of its own, to be sure, but in the College Football Championship Subdivision, formerly Division I-AA.

So how did the offensive mastermind of the No. 3 team in the Bowl Subdivision (formerly Division I-A) come to look at UNH films for inspiration? Easy: He wanted to see how the Wildcats were putting up record numbers under the direction of his friend and fellow Manchester native Chip Kelly, now the first-year offensive coordinator at No. 13 Oregon.

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=College+powerhouses%27+secre t+weapon%3f+Granite&articleId=b8f4df60-25b7-4261-bc01-0ccc361c20de

Zoo
September 22nd, 2007, 12:35 AM
That's a good thought for you UNH fans, unless you hate Florida. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

UNH 1999
September 22nd, 2007, 10:08 AM
^ As a UNH grad and an FSU grad part of me is happy for Dan and part of me is depressed...

ASU88
September 22nd, 2007, 10:43 AM
^ As a UNH grad and an FSU grad part of me is happy for Dan and part of me is depressed...
Focus on the happy side, ignore the depressing side. :D

Just goes to show, you don't have to be playing in front of 100,000 to play inspired, innovative football.

blukeys
September 22nd, 2007, 12:21 PM
Glad to see Chip Kelly get some well deserved credit.

Pageoner
September 22nd, 2007, 01:26 PM
yeah alot of oregons success this year is thanks to Chip Kelly
did you see them running alot of the UNH plays from last year
with the statue of liberty plays against Michigan?

proves our system can work at any level.