PDA

View Full Version : Bad news for JMU

ChickenMan
September 21st, 2007, 11:35 AM
HARRISONBURG – James Madison might be without its top tailback for a lot longer than it initially thought. Eugene Holloman won’t play Saturday against Coastal Carolina and, depending on the results of a second MRI on his right knee, could miss the rest of the season.

“It’s crushing to us because he’s our bell cow,” JMU football coach Mickey Matthews said after practice Thursday at Bridgeforth Stadium. “He’s a very hard worker and a very popular member of the team. He’s worked so hard to be the guy this year. My heart bleeds, not only for our football program, but for him.”

http://www.dnronline.com/sports_details.php?AID=12345&CHID=3

JMU Duke Dog
September 21st, 2007, 11:37 AM
:(

Yeah I just posted this story under the CCU/JMU game thread. Hopefully one of the younger running backs will step up and fill his huge role.

th0m
September 21st, 2007, 11:37 AM
Yup. VERY anxious to see how our back-ups will perform.

andy7171
September 21st, 2007, 11:39 AM
That sucks if he's out for the season.

ChickenMan
September 21st, 2007, 11:42 AM
As UD knows all to well.. at the FCS level.. a few key injuries can really derail a season. Hopefully Holloman will be back.. sooner rather than later.

JMU Duke Dog
September 21st, 2007, 11:46 AM
So JMU could see Bolton, Sullivan, Yancey, Hicks, or Noble take Holloman's role. This is not a brand new experience for the JMU Dukes. In 2004, our third-string RB Raymond Hines was a vital player in getting the Dukes into the playoffs and through the first few rounds of the playoffs.

GannonFan
September 21st, 2007, 12:25 PM
So JMU could see Bolton, Sullivan, Yancey, Hicks, or Noble take Holloman's role. This is not a brand new experience for the JMU Dukes. In 2004, our third-string RB Raymond Hines was a vital player in getting the Dukes into the playoffs and through the first few rounds of the playoffs.

You or I could've run behind that offensive line that year and still have been successful. How the hogs up front perform will be the difference maker this year.

HensRock
September 21st, 2007, 01:23 PM
That's a shame.
Holloman is a stud.
He's the one back in the CAA that really scares me.

JMU2004
September 21st, 2007, 01:23 PM
You or I could've run behind that offensive line that year and still have been successful. How the hogs up front perform will be the difference maker this year.

If thats the truth, we should be ok this year. The line has looked fairly solid..... We'll know a lot more after CCU and Villanova!

bodoyle
September 21st, 2007, 01:28 PM
So you're tellin' me I have a chance!

http://www.moviepublicity.com/image_assets/dumbdumber_06.jpg

blukeys
September 22nd, 2007, 12:03 AM
That's a shame.
Holloman is a stud.
He's the one back in the CAA that really scares me.

I'm with you. Holloman was better than the other JMU backs last year. I'm wondering if he did additional damage by staying in the game after the initial injury.